• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

VICE: Trump gets a folder full of positive news about himself twice a day

dealer-

giphy.gif

Armaros

They pay someone at the WH to find positive news for Trump.

And has the WH disputed that they dont?

This is the natural followup if that first fact is true.

Wasn't this known already?

That was they pay someone to find good news for Trump, not that he requires a intelligence report style report twice a day to feel good about himself.

Lubricus

Rejected petition
Donald Trump be awarded an honorary knighthood.

President Trump in being of part British ancestry believes in and will support the endeavours of Great Britain in the period before and after Brexit.

This petition was rejected

Why was this petition rejected?

It’s about honours or appointments.

We can't accept your petition because it asks for someone to be nominated for an honour.

Members of the public can nominate people for honours directly. You can find out how to nominate someone for an honour here:

https://www.gov.uk/honours

We only reject petitions that don’t meet the petition standards.

Date submitted
30 January 2017

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/179783

That would be his dream. "Sir Trump".

Why the fuck is this allowed to happen? Isn't there anyone reasonable there to say "Hey, Donald that's absurd. You're wasting someone's time with this nonsense."

What a joke.

rjinaz

Fucking snow flake president.

Reminds me of that episode of South Park where Butters had to start filtering all of Cartman's social media so he only saw the good stuff.

Trump's America is South Park in real life.

Bluenoser

Of course he would. With some tissue and lubricant.

It's mostly pictures.

I'd have to assume the tweets are printed out one per page, late night talk show style. It makes 25 pages a day a significantly less daunting task.

He just wants to look at the pictures.

Yeah, I admit I was so stunned at the number of pages in relation to his attention span, I posted before reading the next paragraph (which is somewhat ironic). It makes more sense now.

cameron

Creating propaganda about the US President for the US President.
Twice a day since the beginning of the Trump administration, a special folder is prepared for the president. The first document is prepared around 9:30 a.m. and the follow-up around 4:30 p.m. Former Chief of Staff Reince Priebus and former Press Secretary Sean Spicer both wanted the privilege of delivering the 20- to 25-page packet to President Trump personally, White House sources say.
“The RNC is always going to work to defend the White House, the Administration, and its members of Congress and our War Room’s efforts help capture and drive how our team can echo that defense,” said RNC spokeswoman Lindsay Jancek.

Another current White House official said that the idea for the twice-daily ego boost came from Priebus and former Press Secretary Sean Spicer, who competed to deliver the folder and be the bearer of the good news. “Priebus and Spicer weren’t in a good position, and they wanted to show they could provide positive coverage,” the official said. “It was self-preservation.”
Good grief.

Sagroth

These sensitive papers, described to VICE News by three current and former White House officials, are not top-secret intelligence or updates on legislative initiatives. Instead, the folders are filled with screenshots of positive cable news chyrons (those lower-third headlines and crawls), admiring tweets, transcripts of fawning TV interviews, praise-filled news stories, and sometimes just pictures of Trump on TV looking powerful.

giphy.gif

segasonic

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narcissistic_personality_disorder

Narcissistic personality disorder (NPD) is a personality disorder in which there is a long-term pattern of abnormal behavior characterized by exaggerated feelings of self-importance, an excessive need for admiration, and a lack of understanding of others' feelings.[2][3] People affected by it often spend a lot of time thinking about achieving power or success, or about their appearance. They often take advantage of the people around them. The behavior typically begins by early adulthood, and occurs across a variety of situations.[

According to the DSM-5, individuals with NPD have most or all of the following symptoms, typically without commensurate qualities or accomplishments:[7][10]

Grandiosity with expectations of superior treatment from others

Fixated on fantasies of power, success, intelligence, attractiveness, etc.

Self-perception of being unique, superior and associated with high-status people and institutions

Needing constant admiration from others

Sense of entitlement to special treatment and to obedience from others

Exploitative of others to achieve personal gain
Unwilling to empathize with others' feelings, wishes, or needs

Intensely envious of others and the belief that others are equally envious of them

Pompous and arrogant demeanor

Well, know we know what's going to be in The Donald J. Trump Presidential Library.

Jesus, somebody leak one. The whole fucking folder.

mcqt33Q.jpg

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
I feel bad for the people who make build this Make Trump Feel Adequate Folder.

I bet these people weren't specifically hired to make this folder. They were probably hired to do something important in the White House, but now they are told to drop whatever they're doing and go scour the media to find things that make Trump feel better about himself.

I'm too tired to even laugh or cry at how absurd this is.

m3k

damn he got issues

i remember a quote from the elections along the lines of hillary is shanking the kicks while trump is pleasuring himself in the grandstands

seems kindve apt if it wernt so precious

Top Bottom