• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

VIDEO: Bikers attack Range Rover driver after he drives over them during a rally(NY)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pimpwerx

Brake checking with a bike. Really brilliant. Forcing a man with family into a fight or flight situation. Really brilliant. Acting surprised when he chooses the latter. Fucking stupid. Giving good riders a bad name. PEACE.

Fear is a powerful emotion, the RR's passengers were his wife and 2 year old baby.

Fearing for your own life is something.
Fearing for your family's safety is exponential.

Fuck the bikers

studyguy

Baffles me how anyone on a bike assumes stopping in front of a car will bar it from moving. I understand they wanted him to stop, but the guy who hit the brakes forcing the SUV to stop is a moron of the highest caliber.

Jobiensis

When you are removing your plates to go do dumbfuckery, I don't really care what your side of the story is. Hope they send a bunch of these jackasses to jail.

Baffles me how anyone on a bike assumes stopping in front of a car will bar it from moving. I understand they wanted him to stop, but the guy who hit the brakes forcing the SUV to stop is a moron of the highest caliber.

Looks like the entire group are morons of the highest caliber.

Bowler

In your opinion, why do you feel the police haven't mentioned this person in life support as being connected to this incident, yet have already mentioned the minor injuries suffered by others?

fuck for the life of me, I don't know. The pictures seem like its entirely plausible, and is the only reason why I keep bringing it up. Not because im some stunter Biker. This shit gives riders a bad name. Their ass hattery will have repercussions on the entire rider group collective.

If I was in the car, with my wife and kids (im 38 and have 2 kids and wife to give perspective) and bared witness to this, Im not so sure I would not have ran the guy over either. The issue is, if the clowns didn't engage, were simply trying to slow traffic so the entire group can get by, or stunt, and I accidently hit one of the bikes, I sure as hell would want to make sure I didn't hurt anyone, and the cops would of been called right then and there.

In your opinion, why do you feel the police haven't mentioned this person in life support as being connected to this incident, yet have already mentioned the minor injuries suffered by others?

To be fair, I believe the Police did mention the Biker's injuries as the early articles posted here about the incident mention the Biker who was run over having a Broken Leg. It's more likely the Media who isn't mentioning it for whatever reason.

Here's one such article, though the description in this article differs from others: http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...-side-highway-article-1.1471585#ixzz2gOrAG8lO

Reading that one it reports that the Biker who was run over has both legs broken. This article also says the event started at 2pm (contrary to another that claims 1:30) and also says the incident was started by the Brake Checking. So details are conflicting from different Media sources.

studyguy

When you are removing your plates to go do dumbfuckery, I don't really care what your side of the story is. Hope they send a bunch of these jackasses to jail.

Looks like the entire group are morons of the highest caliber.

Right, but I just mean riding aggressively against a car. I don't ride anymore, but Christ, they broke a ton of laws (least in my state) simply by how they were riding together. But to try and stop a car is basically signing away your life. The people infront of the SUV are insane.

andycapps

I think you misunderstood me... lol I was laughing at the insurance part as being totally Bullshit. These guys had license plates removed for a reason... Im sure calling the cops for a fender bender was not what these guys wanted.

Devils advocate thought of the day:

Normal rear end fender benders DO NOT result in cars pulling off to the side of the road. Most happen. and Everything stops, people exit the cars right then and there, and so forth. Call police. etc. That's what the bikers did, stopped, "wtf RR dude?" Guy sees 60 other people now stopped because they are asses and are all together, takes off. running one over. Chase ensues.

So you think he hit someone for no reason, despite barely being able to get onto the interstate because they were attempting to block it off illegally? And then when he was trying to drive down the interstate, a biker was brake checking him and forcing him to slow down, at which point he struck the bike.. Then he was brought to a stop by the group of bikes, they surrounded his car and slashed his tires and probably did other damage to his vehicle as well. He has his wife and young daughter in the car and is likely being cussed at and threatened for daring to drive down the interstate and ignoring their illegal roadblocks. Then he takes off because it appears that someone was yelling at him and trying to set him straight, but he probably sees it as a bunch of guys that just slit his tires and fucked up his car are now approaching him so he gets the fuck out of there. Then when his tires are completely flat, they bash in his drivers side window, mess him up some, attempt to smash in his passenger window next to his 2 year old daughter, etc.

Stop trying to defend that or play devil's advocate. This is indefensible.

Frostburn

That pack of bikers were asking for trouble the way they behaved on the road, a pack like that riding in the city and something happened? Big surprise. I don't think the driver of the Range Rover was exactly right at potentially running bikes/people over but everything after that was the bikers fault. They could have reported the guy and ended it there, but that mob mentality took over and the result is the video. If the pack of bikers is the same as those other Live Leak videos I'm surprised it took this long for something like this to happen. Everything they were doing while ridding together was illegal.

Bowler

So you think he hit someone for no reason, despite barely being able to get onto the interstate because they were attempting to block it off illegally? And then when he was trying to drive down the interstate, a biker was brake checking him and forcing him to slow down, at which point he struck the bike.. Then he was brought to a stop by the group of bikes, they surrounded his car and slashed his tires and probably did other damage to his vehicle as well. He has his wife and young daughter in the car and is likely being cussed at and threatened for daring to drive down the interstate and ignoring their illegal roadblocks. Then he takes off because it appears that someone was yelling at him and trying to set him straight, but he probably sees it as a bunch of guys that just slit his tires and fucked up his car are now approaching him so he gets the fuck out of there. Then when his tires are completely flat, they bash in his drivers side window, mess him up some, attempt to smash in his passenger window next to his 2 year old daughter, etc.

Stop trying to defend that or play devil's advocate. This is indefensible.

To be fair, the version I heard, (rumor) is that the tires were not slashed at that point, and that no damage was done until after the run over

Jenov

To be fair, the version I heard, (rumor) is that the tires were not slashed at that point, and that no damage was done until after the run over

You've "heard" a lot of different versions it seems. What exactly is your source?

The bikers should have called the cops and filed a report with license plate for the initial bump as hit n run

Bikers escalated the situation by taking the law into their own hands and created even more wrong.

Follow the rule of law call the.cops but don't peruse and harass and assault

andycapps

So they stopped him again to slash his tires after one rider allegedly wanted to yell at him to set him straight but he drove off?

dokish

Banned
I mean I get him getting off the freeway to get to a more populated area where there are more witnesses and since there tends to be a cop on every corner in NYC, but he was better off just going long distance on the freeway and let the bikers run out of fuel.
You clearly have lots of knowledge about motorcycles.

Gritesh

I ride and I have ridden for years now. I ride with a group most of the time too. But we never ride like these squids do.

Like I said I'm a rider, and I completely agree with what the driver of the range rover did.

I'm sorry but you threaten to fuck with my family your going to get fucked with right back.

These bikers are squid piece of shits who do nothing but give riders a bad name, I only love to ride for the sake of riding, fuck this pack mentality.

Also don't know but it is possible that some of these riders didn't see the whole thing go down at the start and only caught on that this guy just ran over a group and then tried to flee, so there is that to consider.

But considering what these squids are wearing, how they are riding, and the way they act. They deserve everything they got coming to them.

Please don't paint all riders with the same brush

Bowler

1383145_10100847445544294_518033340_n-L.jpg

luoapp

The bikers should have called the cops and filed a report with license plate for the initial bump as hit n run

Bikers escalated the situation by taking the law into their own hands and created even more wrong.

Follow the rule of law call the.cops but don't peruse and harass and assault

Except they couldn't, since some of the bikes don't have plates, some of the bikers have outstanding warrants, and NYPD was on a major cracking down on them.
unless you are being sarcastic

Except they couldn't, since some of the bikes don't have plates, some of the bikers have outstanding warrants, and NYPD was on a major cracking down on them.
unless you are being sarcastic
I was a bit but the rule of law is file a report ASAP.
Riding illegally without plates puts the bikers in the situation of initial instigators.

Th RR driver can claim that he was defending his family from criminals.

vikki

Right before the initial incident, you see a biker in front of the SUV, slowing down, looking back, being a douche about 6 inches from the SUV. We don't see what the incident was, so it's speculation. But the bikers actions afterwards removes any doubt that the driver was not the instigator. This was, retrospectively, a hit a biker and get away with it card. They slashed his tires, smashed his window. Brake checking is considered aggressive driving by many states. That was the first. Being surrounded by an angry horde is enough to allow vehicular homicide.

If I'm ever faced with the same situation, I would run over those fucks. I wonder if we'll see/hear any 911 calls.
What I have said a few times is that even if the driver of the SUV hit someone, it does not give the bikers the right to stop him and enact their own version of justice. It's one page back.

https://m.facebook.com/pages/Justice-For-Jay-Meezee/411664345601619?id=411664345601619&_rdr

im not defending anyone. Utter non sense across the board. But also I like to hear both sides of the story.

no inside source. Noone I know went to this hollywood stunt gathering. I do know someone that has a friend that went, and he is spouting that no damage was done until after the run over... who Was Not the one who was arrested this morning.

The issue with the bikers proclaiming that their actions prior to the run over were civil is that we see what happens after the run over. they can't say "we didn't do anything wrong" when we all see the manner in which the guy was stopped and then surrounded. sure most of the bikers could have been waiting for the issue to be resolved, but the driver had no idea what the intent was, he was surrounded by countless bikers.

In the end, the bikers do not have a right to forcibly stop anyone, even if they have hit someone. Call the police and follow the guy if he is involved in a hit and run.

Dash27

Fear is a powerful emotion, the RR's passengers were his wife and 2 year old baby.

Fearing for your own life is something.
Fearing for your family's safety is exponential.

Fuck the bikers

Agree. Worrying that I'm going to get my ass beat for something not my fault is one thing. If my kids were with me and I feared for their safety I would do whatever it took to get away.

No one riding without plates is up to ANY god damned good.

They knew they were gonna be doing illegal shit which is why they didn't have plates on. C'mon...

Xcellere

https://m.facebook.com/pages/Justice-For-Jay-Meezee/411664345601619?id=411664345601619&_rdr

im not defending anyone. Utter non sense across the board. But also I like to hear both sides of the story.

"Justice"? Is this reality? If you and your mentally-deficient buddies surround and stop my family and I on the West Side Highway, I am going to flatten as many of your spinal columns as possible. Don't want to end up a vegetable? Don't make a law-abiding man fear for the safety of himself, his wife, and his TWO YEAR OLD DAUGHTER.

Also:

1. Riding w/out license plates
2. Reckless driving through red lights and on sidewalks
3. Mob mentality that goes hand-in-hand w/ these groups

Why would any rational person think the RR driver did something so irrational as to warrant the ire of the bikers? Given the biker's demonstrated idiocy, there's no reason to believe the RR driver brought this on himself.

I'm not surprised that these degenerates are calling for "justice" for the now-disabled rider. Birds of feather, fruit doesn't fall far from the tree, etc.

Zeppelin

I'm a little disappointed the driver didn't go full Mad Max and put a shotgun to face of the guy smashing his side window.

Bowler

"Justice"? Is this reality? If you and your mentally-deficient buddies surround and stop my family and I on the West Side Highway, I am going to flatten as many of your spinal columns as possible. Don't want to end up a vegetable? Don't make a law-abiding man fear for the safety of himself, his wife, and his TWO YEAR OLD DAUGHTER.

I'm not surprised that these degenerates are calling for "justice" for the now-disabled rider. Birds of feather, fruit doesn't fall far from the tree, etc.

See... this exactly what I'm talking about... you now have grouped me into this debauchery, just because I ride.

I can't even

Congrats idiots. Maybe if they just acted like civilized people, none of this would've happened. Now you have a guy arrested and probably charged with some criminal offence, a father and husband attacked and seriously injured, a biker supposedly run over and paralyzed for life, along with other injuries. But hey, at least these idiots got to ride together and swarm the highway like assholes.

Particle Physicist

between a quark and a baryon

I'll personally stick the events as told by NYPD.

That’s when at about 30 seconds into the video, the large group of bikers are seen coming to a complete stop on the highway, surrounding the Range Rover.

“They take their helmets and they start to dent his car and apparently his tires are slashed there,” Police Commissioner Ray Kelly said.

Xcellere

See... this exactly what I'm talking about... you now have grouped me into this debauchery, just because I ride.

I can't even

I didn't single you out, I was referring to the people on that Facebook page calling for "justice". When I said "you and your buddies", I meant the paralyzed rider and the other riders.

C'mon guys, lay off Bowler. He said he doesn't agree with what the bikers did, some of you just aren't reading his posts. He said he used to be a biker and is selling his bike, so he knows people who ride. He's just trying to find the other side of the story and is relaying what he hears from friends of friends on the subject. No need to attack him for trying to find out what happened.

RangersFan

no inside source. Noone I know went to this hollywood stunt gathering. I do know someone that has a friend that went, and he is spouting that no damage was done until after the run over... who Was Not the one who was arrested this morning.

Their anger is directed at the wrong guy. "Justice for Jay" would be to punish his "friend" Cruz who instigated everything. Them blaming Alex Lien lessens the sympathy I have for them.

Xcellere

hugsitout.gif

No worries. There's nothing wrong with riding in-and-of itself. It's the pack mentality and its associated actions that makes these groups so horrible. I personally like European cars and all the things that make them great, but I would never associate with any of the groups that identify with brands like BMW because nothing positive comes out of them besides negative group behaviors.

Zoolader

Guy in the Range Rover handled it well I guess, as I would be afraid for my life. My blood was boiling just watching the video I can't imagine being the driver with my family in the car. It's a shame no cops were around but I'm glad there is evidence in this video of the bike slamming his brakes on to get hit in the first place. Dumb asses always posting evidence on youtube.

Draxal

Reading the facebook posts and the newest article, goddamn all the bikers are scum. Won't own up to anything and putting all the blame on the suv driver.

andthebeatgoeson

So they stopped him again to slash his tires after one rider allegedly wanted to yell at him to set him straight but he drove off?

Doesn't really matter if they slashed his tires before or after the initial incident on the video. 30 bikers surrounding your car is intimidating enough. If a bunch of people surround my car, they have to sneeze and I may be liable to run them over. It's not enough to be a pussy and try and intimidate people like that, then cry when they do some shit, like run you over.

As a Black guy, I have to be cognizant enough to not run or drive in certain places at certain times. I'm a decent human and understand people misinterpret things. Who the fuck surrounds a car and not anticipate getting run over? It's not their jobs. Call the police. Get his license tag number. Don't take the law into your own hands. I have a hard time believing you can get 12 people to agree that the driver shouldn't have drove off.

Scum of the Earth. Break laws, drive extremely dangerously and then when one of them gets hurt (for driving dangerously) they attack the driver who has a two year old in the back seat. These people sicken me, and their cry for justice is downright insulting after seeing the video of them beating this guy, driving through red lights, crossing double yellow lines, doing wheelies at high speed. Thank god they have shit for brains because one of them decided to film and upload a video of them breaking the law.

I hope these drivers are caught and locked up.

Reading the facebook posts and the newest article, goddamn all the bikers are scum. Won't own up to anything and putting all the blame on the suv driver.

Of course they won't. That would require they actually learn from this experience and treat driving with respect for themselves *AND* other drivers not in their shitty "club".

Zero sympathy.

Same. This was entirely their doing. Time to own the consequences of stupid behavior.

Gritesh

Reading that the driver was originally annoyed or something about being on the highway with so any hooligans and started swerving at them and pushing his way through and that is when what we see on video started...

IF thats true do the bikers have the right to the road? No, but mane just let them go by and then go about your business, your asking for trouble going the route he did. Again IF that's true.

SuWeDi

Banned
The amount of people on this thread ready to kill because... "well, fear for my life"... WOW, frightening!

Bunch of Truman and Zimmernan lookalike all over here...

If I understand, the ONLY reason none of you didn't already kill somebody is just because you still didn't find, yet, a reason do to so, right?

Again, frightening...

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
I don't know what's worse, the bikers or those defending the bikers.

The amount of people on this thread ready to kill because... "well, fear for my life"... WOW, frightening!

Bunch of Truman and Zimmernan lookalike all over here...

If I understand, the ONLY reason none of you didn't already kill somebody is just because you still didn't find, yet, the reason do to so, right?

Again, frightening...

If you're comparing a confrontation between an armed man against an unarmed teenager to a man and his wife against 50+ bikers, I don't know what else to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom