• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Vita] Gravity Rush/Daze - 15 min gameplay video

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Gimmicks can suck it. I turned down the right stick sensitivity so it's very precise now (it was too janky on default).

I don't know how to control Kitten when she is sliding though. Really clueless on that.

Call it whatever you want.

But it works flawlessly and is a more intuitive way to the control the game, period.

Skiesofwonder

Posted it on the first site.

As for the game, I just got another gold in a challenge (and a silver trophy for an air combo) using gyro, because the right stick can suck it.

Awesome.

I know when I pick this game up I won't even think about using the right stick, Gyro all the way. Lately I've been playing RE:R with gyro aiming and I also played the demo of Gravity Rush with it, which (IMO) is the best use of it that I have ever seen. Works wonderfully.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I know when I pick this game up I won't even think about using the right stick, Gyro all the way. Lately I've been playing RE:R with gyro aiming and I also played the demo of Gravity Rush with it, which (IMO) is the best use of it that I have ever seen. Works wonderfully.
Sadly, you have to use the right stick to control the camera while on the ground. :(

For those playing, can you invert the gyro controls without inverting normal controls?

So if I tilt down the camera goes up but pushing up on the stick also makes the camera go up

Anyway, end of May would suck. I understand the desire to space out games but drop Modnations (with online!) in May instead. In another thread someone posted a picture showing a menu in Gravity for future DLC. I wonder if the delay is so they can launch with some DLC or maybe something for preorder bonuses (gotta get those preorders up!)

daakusedo

Does it play as slow as it look?
The battles especially were not encouraging.
That's always good to have games with real choices in art direction but can't say I understand this one well.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
For those playing, can you invert the gyro controls without inverting normal controls?
You can't invert the gyro controls at all. I guess it wouldn't make much sense, since the camera movement imitates the console movement.
Does it play as slow as it look?
The battles especially were not encouraging.
That's always good to have games with real choices in art direction but can't say I understand this one well.
Slow? I'd say it's very fast, especially aerial movement.

You can sort of see the PS3 game in it, and I mean that as a compliment. The only thing I would've like would be if there was a little voice acting. The music sounds awesome, not just generic adventure game music. Also loving the openness of the environments and good sense of height as you fall.

Skiesofwonder

Sadly, you have to use the right stick to control the camera while on the ground. :(

Yeah I'm aware. I believe controlling the actual camera on-foot with the Gyro would be interesting, but not sure how well that would work. So honestly I'm quite fine with the control stick being use for the on-foot camera, but for aiming Gyro is better because it is more precise, and (once again) more intuitive. It's also more fun. :)

How do you feel about touch screen dodging?

Once again I've only play the demo, but so far it is neat. It makes sense on paper but it kind of sucks that you have to take one of your hands off the handheld to perform such a move. I also had problems with the touchscreen responding to some of my swipes, which was concerning. In this case it is a more intuitive way of playing, but is not flawless in execution. I would have loved the option to map the move to holding a certain button and using to joystick, or even thr rear touch pad.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
There are 3 things that bother me in Gravity Daze:
1. Touchscreen only dodge. It's just stupid and doesn't serve any purpose other than "using the touch screen". On the other hand, all the other buttons are taken so I guess they didn't have any choice.
2. Environment texture pop-up. It's not terrible but you see it sometimes, especially when traveling very fast. Looking at the size of the world, I'm surprised it isn't much much worse.
3. Loading times when quitting challenges/retrying them. Others are fine, really and I think that starting challenges for the first time isn't that bad. But every time I want to restart a challenge I start doing something else, it's that long.

Gacha-pin

So if I tilt down the camera goes up but pushing up on the stick also makes the camera go up

Anyway, end of May would suck. I understand the desire to space out games but drop Modnations (with online!) in May instead. In another thread someone posted a picture showing a menu in Gravity for future DLC. I wonder if the delay is so they can launch with some DLC or maybe something for preorder bonuses (gotta get those preorders up!)

It totally makes no sense to invert the gyro control. It's like the camera goes up as you look down and if you look left and then the camera turns to right. Uncharted has that option though.

It totally makes no sense to invert the gyro control. It's like the camera goes up as you look down and if you look left and then the camera turns to right. Uncharted has that option though.

Turn on the Vita's camera. Tilt the vita, which way does the camera go?

If I tilt the Vita towards me the camera should go up and if I tilt to the right the camera should go left. Save your breath though, we have an entire handheld generation to argue about this :p

Gav47

The video has a 720p option! The native res of the Vita is 544p, PS3 port confirmed?

Edit: its hard to tell if its up-resed or if its just youtube compression but it doesn't look like its full 720p.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
The video has a 720p option! The native res of the Vita is 544p, PS3 port confirmed?

Edit: its hard to tell if its up-resed or if its just youtube compression but it doesn't look like its full 720p.
Uhh, that's just the default "HD" option on Youtube. The fact that a video can be selected to play at 720p doesn't actually mean what you are seeing was originally displayed at that resolution.

The game is definitely NOT 720p.

ShirAhava

Plays with kids toys, in the adult gaming world
ea6d28b08cb3afd6122821d9d252afd2ba394783dffff0f2e425af25e9a3c8ff.gif

small_4705-brittney-white.gif

16828411.gif

16880311.gif

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
There are 3 things that bother me in Gravity Daze:
1. Touchscreen only dodge. It's just stupid and doesn't serve any purpose other than "using the touch screen". On the other hand, all the other buttons are taken so I guess they didn't have any choice.
2. Environment texture pop-up. It's not terrible but you see it sometimes, especially when traveling very fast. Looking at the size of the world, I'm surprised it isn't much much worse.
3. Loading times when quitting challenges/retrying them. Others are fine, really and I think that starting challenges for the first time isn't that bad. But every time I want to restart a challenge I start doing something else, it's that long.

Try to tweet Yoshida/Toyama on this so they might fix these thing for the US/EU release.

KingK

Holy...what...I don't even...

HbPDn.gif

All I had seen of this game before was a trailer and some nice screenshots. I knew the game was gorgeous, but I wasn't sure what the hype was about.

But GODDAMN! That video just made waiting for the time that I can afford a Vita a helluva lot harder. Everything about this game looks stunning. The aesthetics, the gameplay, DAT MUSIC! No handheld game, save Pokemon, has ever gotten me this excited before. I really hope the game lives up to the potential I see in it from that gameplay video. This will be the first game I buy when I eventually get a Vita. Looked like Mario Galaxy on steroids mixed with something completely unique.

Top Bottom