• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Vita] Gravity Rush/Daze - 15 min gameplay video

Kyoufu

On the flip side of this, I love the gravity sliding. I've had no problems using it after playing around a few times to get the hang of it. It's my primary form of travel other than flying around.

I just can't turn a corner with the gyro, and I have no other control option :/

Gacha-pin

A what? I'm talking about the slide when you're touching the screen.

A drift turn. During the sliding, if you want to make a right turn, release your left thumb and tilt the Vita. If you want to make a left turn, release your right thumb. You can make a 180 turn in a small room using this method.

And in case you are doing it wrong, you have to tilt the Vita like a wheel, not push the one side down.

The biggest problem with Gravity Daze is that it's so good that I don't want to play it. The more I play, the closer to the end I get.

Can't wait for March when the OST gets an official release.

The biggest problem with Gravity Daze is that it's so good that I don't want to play it. The more I play, the closer to the end I get.

well. I hear they're going to support this with further dlc. not just costume or skin, but actual story dlc episodes. that should be exciting and something to look forward to after you finish the game.

I've been excited for the game for a long time, but seeing a good long walkthrough on it just makes me want it even more. The music is absolutely stunning... I want the soundtrack!

Anyway, this is a day one purchase for me. Can't wait to play it and hopefully it is successful.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
well. I hear they're going to support this with further dlc. not just costume or skin, but actual story dlc episodes. that should be exciting and something to look forward to after you finish the game.
Yeah, there's even a place in the menu for the DLC content.

Bah, the Gravity Slide move is hard like hell. Hope I'll get used to it soon.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Not sure about replayability, but it's apparently 15 hours long. And that's without going for 100%.
According to this article it took someone around 14 hours to platinum the game. Still, looking at the trophies, the only thing that should take long is reaching gold in the challenges, so the story itself must be quite long.

It looks completely fantastic. The music, cell-shading, and gravity mechanic are all wonderful. One of the most underappreciated aspects of Bayonetta was the gravity bending ability that can change combat locations. This game expands on that greatly and that really welcome.

soultron

Banned
Holy. Wow.

I've been pretty out of the loop on this game and have only really seen art and screens up to this point. The gameplay looks great in that video. Even though either the camera is janky or the player just doesn't have a good grasp over the controls, I'm still floored.

IIRC this comes out in May in NA, correct? I'm interested in it and a Vita (Although I thought this was PS3 as well, or maybe just started as a PS3 title?) a lot now after seeing the video posted.

Sound is off at work so I can't hear the music. :c

It's no longer slated as a U.S. launch title either. And yes, in the United States there is a physical version being offered. I think it's slated for May because Sony doesn't want to front load all of their Vita titles at launch. Trying to spread out the goodness, I guess.

Liamario

Banned
SCEE can go f**k themselves if they think I'm going digital on this title. I would have thought this sort of game would be more popular in PAL territories?!

Yeah, there's even a place in the menu for the DLC content.

Bah, the Gravity Slide move is hard like hell. Hope I'll get used to it soon.

Once I mastered Gravity Slide, I've been using it like crazy. It is awesome and you actually move super fast. It's also great for a ton of the challenges, obviously.

And yeah, I'll clear an episode and then spend an hour exploring the city because I really don't want the game to end.

And seriously +1000000 for the music. Good lord, every. single. track. During the opening of the game, I dunno what it was, but I had a feeling the music was going to be good.

And regarding DL in EU, wasn't yosp recently saying "wait for further announcements" to people bitching on twitter? Maybe it'll turn out okay.

I can't get used to the slide. Sorry.

Maybe they'll add traditional controls in a patch. :/

Don't blame you and I would like a tradition control option as well -- yesterday on the way home from work, I was doing a gravity slide challenge on the train. As if my white skin wasn't enough. The stares.

Famassu

SCEE can go f**k themselves if they think I'm going digital on this title. I would have thought this sort of game would be more popular in PAL territories?!
Region-free hardware and PlanetAxel, VG+ and the like are your friends. Just import the game if you want a physical copy, it's not like there's anything to lose with a single-player only game like Gravity Rush which doesn't seem like a DLC magnet.

dreamfall

Ugh, I want it so badly. Mainly the reason I bought a Vita, and I was really sad by the news that that the Japanese release didn't have English options. BAH! May is forever away...

Liamario

Banned
Region-free hardware and PlanetAxel, VG+ and the like are your friends. Just import the game if you want a physical copy, it's not like there's anything to lose with a single-player only game like Gravity Rush which doesn't seem like a DLC magnet.

That's what I will do, but I still resent the fact that PAL territories appear to be a test bed for this digital release (that's my theory anyways).

Carl

It will have lots of DLC. Importing means you hav to download DLC from the region you bought the game. Which means annoying factory resetting

Everything about this game just rubs me the right way. Love it.

And Kat's hair... such nice natural fluid motion... beats Alice (current hair champion) IMO.

Really hoping it's a launch day DD release in Europe. Japanese version already on the way but that's more to scratch my collector's itch so I'll double dip (because of DLC too).

Once I mastered Gravity Slide, I've been using it like crazy. It is awesome and you actually move super fast. It's also great for a ton of the challenges, obviously.

And yeah, I'll clear an episode and then spend an hour exploring the city because I really don't want the game to end.

And seriously +1000000 for the music. Good lord, every. single. track. During the opening of the game, I dunno what it was, but I had a feeling the music was going to be good.

And regarding DL in EU, wasn't yosp recently saying "wait for further announcements" to people bitching on twitter? Maybe it'll turn out okay.

I seriously hope so.

And yes, the music is really amazing. I've been watching GD movies all day and can't get the music out of my head, lol.

Have you seen people being excited about this game, btw? Do you think it'll sell good?

I seriously hope so.

And yes, the music is really amazing. I've been watching GD movies all day and can't get the music out of my head, lol.

Have you seen people being excited about this game, btw? Do you think it'll sell good?

Those who have seen the latest videos seem to love it, but the vast majority is sadly unaware this thing of beauty even exists. It may end up selling well in the long run but I don't think it will be successful out of the gate.

Tuck

I still don't get what this game... is. It looks so weird. But, before anyone jumps down my throat - it looks weird in a good way. I really want to play it and see what its all about.

Don't blame you and I would like a tradition control option as well -- yesterday on the way home from work, I was doing a gravity slide challenge on the train. As if my white skin wasn't enough. The stares.

Don't feel too bad. Even without the white skin, people are like "What the hell is that guy doing?"

I'm pretty sure I'm making weird faces of concentration while I do it too.

Ran rp

Dat Kat

It's no longer slated as a U.S. launch title either. And yes, in the United States there is a physical version being offered. I think it's slated for May because Sony doesn't want to front load all of their Vita titles at launch. Trying to spread out the goodness, I guess.

I remember reading something about licensing issues or something. Eh, can't really remember.

B.O.O.M

The developer expressed interest in making a sequel to this game as his next project! So hopefully the sales will be good enough to warrant that

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Don't feel too bad. Even without the white skin, people are like "What the hell is that guy doing?"

I'm pretty sure I'm making weird faces of concentration while I do it too.
Must remember to never play freestyle race challenges while on the train, might end up hurting someone.

Top Bottom