• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Vita] Gravity Rush/Daze - 15 min gameplay video

PewPewK

PSY・S;35055204 said:
I remember reading something about licensing issues or something. Eh, can't really remember.

The Sony employee I talked to at CES said it was localization issues. Which might explain why the HK demo was in English, but they dropped English for the full release (nearly all HK versions of games come with English).

Disappointing? Yeah. So I guess I just have to be patient.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Think I've finally caught the grasp of gravity sliding. At least enough to get gold in the first challenge.

Ran rp

The Sony employee I talked to at CES said it was localization issues. Which might explain why the HK demo was in English, but they dropped English for the full release (nearly all HK versions of games come with English).

Yup, that was it. I'm alright with the game being delayed for a bit since there will be a ton of great PSV/PSP games at launch.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009

Maybe they are adding multiplayer and perks for American audiences.

loadouts:
1. ak47 with red dot sight
2. gravity manipulation killstreak: kill everyone automatically by pressing X
3. naked mode

loadouts:
3. naked mode

lmao, wouldn't the last one interest Japanese gamers more ?

Well who am i kidding naked mode would interest anyone.

PewPewK

loadouts:
3. naked mode

Oh well if that's the case then I'm totally okay with being patient. Naked mode, here I come!

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
That looks interesting. NO NO NO NO NO NO NO N ON ONO I AM NOT GOING TO EARLY ADOPT THIS TIME! I learned my lesson with the 3DS and Transformer Prime. I AM NOT GOING TO EARLY ADOPT. Oh fuck me, I'm totally going to buy the Vita.

That looks interesting. NO NO NO NO NO NO NO N ON ONO I AM NOT GOING TO EARLY ADOPT THIS TIME! I learned my lesson with the 3DS and Transformer Prime. I AM NOT GOING TO EARLY ADOPT. Oh fuck me, I'm totally going to buy the Vita.

Just think of the 10 free PSP and PS1 games you'll get from the ambassador program if (when?) it bombs!

Fuckin 3DS burnt too many people and now the Vita is paying the price. What an ingenious way to market your product Nintendo.

Toyama revealed that game will get paid download content at some point. While we'll have to wait for details, Toyama said that he hopes to make it so that the pricing isn't too high.

Toyama also responded to a question about a sequel. A follower asked what he'd say if Sony were to tell him that he could either make a sequel or a new title. Toyama responded that he'd really like to continue the game with the same staff.

http://andriasang.com/comzxs/gravity_daze_dlc/

I think Toyama's being nice.

We all know he's going to be leashed to horror games for the rest of his career after his game of love bombs.

I think he'll be able to continue the series as long as it puts up decent numbers and reviews are high. Both seem likely as it seems to be one of the more anticipated Vita titles and impressions of it have been very positive. They moved it from the PS3 to the Vita, so they've got to be realistic about the type of numbers that it can put up on that platform.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Interesting fact. Earlier today, Toyama tweeted that they decided not to make trophies tedious to achieve. Japanese gamers disagree, saying that the challenge ones are pretty hard.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Interesting rumor for all waiting for Ciel no Surge. According to a Japanese game shop employee, the game will be split into 13 (+3 extra) chapters and only one will be included in the retail game. Rest will be released monthly, with a 500 yen per chapter price tag.
If that's true, the total price for the game will be 5040 yen+(500x15)=12040 yen. I don't know why they count it as 16x500 in this article, but either way - pricey.

GraveHorizon

poop meter feature creep
Goddamn, I'm seriously considering cracking open my bank account to get this and a Vita. So much money, but gravity powers! And in a good-looking game! (I love gravity powers.)

What could they do for DLC? Extra missions? Additional backstory?

jgmo870

Banned
Goddamn, I'm seriously considering cracking open my bank account to get this and a Vita. So much money, but gravity powers! And in a good-looking game! (I love gravity powers.)

What could they do for DLC? Extra missions? Additional backstory?

Story missions and costumes are confirmed.

Mondriaan

I think he'll be able to continue the series as long as it puts up decent numbers and reviews are high. Both seem likely as it seems to be one of the more anticipated Vita titles and impressions of it have been very positive. They moved it from the PS3 to the Vita, so they've got to be realistic about the type of numbers that it can put up on that platform.
They could still release additional chapters as DLC if enough people buy those, even if the overall numbers aren't that great. I kind of expect that a lot of the DLC will be more along the lines of clothing and furnishings, though.

Just over 15 hours to clear (I'm a bit of a slow reader, and I explored/goofed around a decent amount) and Platinum'd at about 17:30 (ymmv here -- I got gold on most of the challenges very quickly).

Amazing, amazing game. I feel like playing it again already.

jgmo870

Banned
Just over 15 hours to clear (I'm a bit of a slow reader, and I explored/goofed around a decent amount) and Platinum'd at about 17:30 (ymmv here -- I got gold on most of the challenges very quickly).

Amazing, amazing game. I feel like playing it again already.

I can't wait to see your video review. :)

So last week Gravity Daze was priced around 4800 yen on Amazon.jp. Now it's up to 5700. I'm not sure how much they had in stock but it looks like they're running out.

I think Toyama's being nice.

We all know he's going to be leashed to horror games for the rest of his career after his game of love bombs.

Dude, you're depressing! I think they have realistic expectations, and it's not like Siren sells great either.

PewPewK

It was placed under launch window which lasts a month after launch.

My guess is either March 7th or March 13th.

Why? Because Sony is hosting a live chat with Kumi Yuasa, SCEA Producer for Gravity Rush on the 7th. I could see them putting it on either launch day or doing it just a week before launch day. It used to be scheduled for Feb 22nd, but when Gravity Rush got delayed, they delayed the live chat.

Famassu

Interesting fact. Earlier today, Toyama tweeted that they decided not to make trophies tedious to achieve. Japanese gamers disagree, saying that the challenge ones are pretty hard.
Hard =! tedious. Tedious would be if they had made 1,000,000,000,000,000 of those collectable red thingies, make you kill 123456789 enemies and whatnot, like a lot of RPGs do.

Top Bottom