• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Vita] Gravity Rush/Daze - 15 min gameplay video

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
It's going to be quite a while before I get the Vita, but I'm going to pick this up just to make sure I have it. Just such a fun idea and well made.

Hagi

is this actually a DL launch title for EU? i've never actually read confirmation of this. Would really tip me over that pre-order edge if it is.

This game looks interesting but I gotta be honest, I think the game is visually (not graphically) ugly. I'm really not a fan of the yellow palette and filter.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
WHEN IS THE EU RELEASE DATE. WHEN.

MY FROTHING DEMAND.

There are 3 things that bother me in Gravity Daze:
1. Touchscreen only dodge. It's just stupid and doesn't serve any purpose other than "using the touch screen". On the other hand, all the other buttons are taken so I guess they didn't have any choice.

I'm not sure why developers seem to think the touch screen is the better choice for character manipulation. The fact that you control the character with your thumbs, and then they expect you to quickly move your thumb over to the screen and make a swiping motion for something as time-sensitive as dodging makes no sense to me.

What's the back panel used for in Gravity Rush? I'm not sure why that wasn't their choice for the dodge mechanic. It makes a lot more sense to me.

Kyoufu

What's the back panel used for in Gravity Rush? I'm not sure why that wasn't their choice for the dodge mechanic. It makes a lot more sense to me.

So far, nothing. Maybe a new ability uses it but right now I don't have anything that does.

Not only is touchscreen dodging horrible to use but the sliding is also awful.

Sliding:

Hold both sides of the touch screen, then with the gyro move left or right. Precision with this is terrible. Just let me use the sticks...

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
This looks really cool. The only bad thing is the shrill-ass combat grunting.

It's utterly baffling to me there aren't more games based on the seamless transition between grounded traversal and flight. It seems like one of the most universally appealing things imaginable. Maybe I'm overestimating based on my own enjoyment of that feeling, but everybody wishes they could fly, right?

At least new SSX has the wingsuit. That should satisfy in a similar way.

Numpt3

Just watched the rest of those vids. This looks so awesome, the music is brilliant also.

So gaf, what's a good excuse to tell the mrs as to why I need a Vita? :p

jgmo870

Banned
So far, nothing. Maybe a new ability uses it but right now I don't have anything that does.

Sliding:

Hold both sides of the touch screen, then with the gyro move left or right. Precision with this is terrible. Just let me use the sticks...

Try using the back touch pad during comic book cutscenes.

That's the only application I've heard so far.

Too bad this isn't getting a retail release in EU, hope they change their plans. At least it seems it's going to retail in the US/Canada and thankfully the Vita is region free!

This is a killer app for me, the fact that Toyama made this is only contributing to my hype!

Shikoro

I can't stand the pop-ins this game has, although I forgive it because it's open-world-ish. Will get as soon as the finances allow.

jgmo870

Banned
Sony better not try and pull any $50 crap with this game

I pre-ordered for $40 on Amazon. But I don't see them doing that. It doesn't look like SCEA really cares about the game to say its good enough to be a $50 title (even though it looks like a better action-adventure game than Golden Abyss).

This is THE Vita game to be looking forward to. Dat music, dat hair physics, etc. Amazing game!

I pray it does really well in Japan, this game deserves it.

If the PSV is going to have a bunch of Eastern titles like this, sign me up. Might be the first portable console I get since GBC.

I will decide between this and the 3DS next year. If I decided now, I'd go with the PSV. This game is one of the different AAA games I been looking for.

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
Sorry to say, but after watching that gameplay there's absolutely nothing about the game that looks appealing to me. Didn't even like the music :|

key

The camera looks like it might cause some problems during combat. Can anyone who's played the game comment on it?

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
The camera looks like it might cause some problems during combat. Can anyone who's played the game comment on it?

It's ok during ground combat but can get pretty crazy during air combat. Nothing terrible though.

raven777

Code:
[CODE]
[/CODE]the music kinda reminds me of town music from the Resonance of Fate, which i loved.

EDIT: I just checked and they were actually same composer!!

Gameplay and music aside, aesthetically this game gives me a slight Jet Set Radio vibe. Love how this game looks. I played the demo the other day for just a few minutes, can't wait to try it out again.

By the way, for those who haven't seen it, here's the US box art:

0bGLa.jpg

Anuxinamoon

Shaper Divine
Wow this looks incredible. This went from a "wth is this crazy game?" to "omg I need to play this instantly!"

Good work Gaf!

GopherD

Stunnin, absolutely stunning. I was going to pick it up anyway, but man that game looks absolutely top-notch. That music is brilliant and seems to meld so well with the gameplay. If this is the sort of games we can expect on Vita, bring them on I say.

It's games like this that need to take off on the Vita. There's a fanbase for these types of games. Sony isn't going to sell VITAs with Uncharteds or Resistance games

Sliding:

On the flip side of this, I love the gravity sliding. I've had no problems using it after playing around a few times to get the hang of it. It's my primary form of travel other than flying around.

Top Bottom