• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Washington Post: Secret meeting held to establish Trump-Putin back channel

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingK

FYI, the alleged server that was communicating with Trump Tower to Russia was being conducted by Spectrum Health, located in Grand Rapids.

Guess who's chairman of the board for Spectrum? Dick Devos, Betsy's husband.
Guess which city Trump visited the most on his campaign trail? Grand Rapids.

http://www.salon.com/2017/03/10/tru...-a-russian-bank-continues-to-be-investigated/
Wow

And if you had the evidence would the republicans actually do anything with it.
This is the real question. And I think the answer is no.

WedgeX

Banned
I feel like this statement does not apply here. Times have changed with regards to information and it's ability to be acquired on the back end. The ability to mitigate potentially irreparable damage seemingly depends on the speed of this investigation. I liken it to when someone is having a heart attack, "Time is tissue".

This is an FBI counter intelligence investigation. It's as secretive as an investigation can be in the US. There isn't much of a backend here. The subject of this investigation is both more complex and more serious than Watergate by a large margin. If (and this is a huge "if) it leads to the FBI pressing charges against Trump, it would be the single most significant political event in american history since the Civil War.

You only get one shot at this. It needs to be airtight. It will take time.

Like always give it time. They need to confirm the sources.

For all we know FBI has all of this info. We don't know what is going on with them.

The article actually states that the FBI does have this info and it is part of their investigation.

Right here:

WaPo said:
U.S. officials said the FBI has been scrutinizing the Seychelles meeting as part of a broader probe of Russian interference in the 2016 U.S. election and alleged contacts between associates of Putin and Trump. The FBI declined to comment.

nelchaar

Can you imagine if the shoe was on the other foot and it was the Democrats and Obama implicated in all of this? The republicans would be asking for lynchings right about now.

Trump was obviously asked for comment before this went to print, so his Twitter rant about leaks this morning clearly confirms this as being true.

Kinda goes both ways don't ya think? I'm all for counting eggs before they hatch.

Reasoned skepticism isnt outright defeatism.

I think had he said, "I'm still skeptical anything happens, but I'm glad smoke keeps pluming up", Harvey would have responded differently. I suppose I can't be sure though

What's sad is that I see people on Facebook making fun of all the Russian stuff now.

Meme's of Wolf Blitzer accusing Trump of using Russian Dressing on his salad and whatnot.

Trump fans don't care. They trust Trump and Russia more than the DNC.

They believe Russia probably did help Trump win, but they act like Trump needed their help to topple Hillary and all the Liberals and News Media.

It's like fucking bizarro world.

KHarvey16

Much like the 'calm down on the Russia thing' articles in Rolling Stone and elsewhere, sometimes written mere hours before more evidence surfaces.

Yeah, I just don't get it.

I love how a bit of reasonable skepticism becomes, No you want it to die desperately!!!!

Firstly, that was not reasonable skepticism. "Impossible to prove" is nonsense. Second, this isn't that poster's first go around at this.

Acorn

What's sad is that I see people on Facebook making fun of all the Russian stuff now.

Meme's of Wolf Blitzer accusing Trump of using Russian Dressing on his salad and whatnot.

They believe Russia probably did help Trump win, but they act like Trump needed their help to topple Hillary and all the Liberals and News Media.

The hypocrisy would be hilarious if it wasn't so fucking serious.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
There's no way this isn't gonna explode in the Trump admin's face soon right?
Thank fuck they're grossly incompetent

TheContact

He clearly conspired with Russia. Is this not treason? If he got impeached I think it would get even worse though. What a shitty situation

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
There's no way this isn't gonna explode in the Trump admin's face soon right?
Thank fuck they're grossly incompetent

this gives me hope

you know these people are too dumb to cover their tracks right

having a black president broke their minds

lol

zd3qcTN.jpg

KHarvey16

Reasoned skepticism isnt outright defeatism.

I think had he said, "I'm still skeptical anything happens, but I'm glad smoke keeps pluming up", Harvey would have responded differently. I suppose I can't be sure though

Yup, woulda scrolled right on by. It's the consistent and persistent need to assure everyone that this is all a whole lot of nothing that turns honest skepticism motivated by a desire to find the truth into needless, annoying cynicism.

Yup, woulda scrolled right on by. It's the consistent and persistent need to assure everyone that this is all a whole lot of nothing that turns honest skepticism motivated by a desire to find the truth into needless, annoying cynicism.

It is frustrating. Especially since these investigations have already resulted in things happening

KHarvey16

It is frustrating. Especially since these investigations have already resulted in things happening

Yeah the irony is this is moving at lightning speed and with a ton of transparency, intentionally or not, compared to just about any major investigation I can think of. Every few days there's more and it's still not enough for some people.

Yes. Because knowing the democrats, this will be the sole issue they run on in the next few elections and they will lose because of it.

I don't understand this. Wanting this to all be swept under the rug and ignored for political reasons is gross regardless if the sentiment is expressed from the right or the left. This shouldn't be partisan.

Seth wrote about Erik Prince and his key role stuffing up Clinton in the last lap

https://t.co/lWoFSKfnZd

Seth wrote this in January, without realising how deep the connections between Erik and the Trump team actually ran. Great stuff.

To those who don't want to bother reading it, it details how Erik Prince went out on Breitbart and lied about what was on Weiners laptop, thus cornering Comey and creating a win-win scenario for Trump.

Sulik2

This sounds like the smoking gun. If they can prove that as the president elect Trump was directly dealing with Putin on underhanded deals you have your treason charge.

Yeah he is. Cooper will mention it. He has to fix his bracket. Just a big news day.

I don't think Anderson will touch this story tonight. He'll cross his t's and dot his i's on this one, specifically because it's so huge. It'll probably become at least 70% of his show tomorrow though.

Which sucks for me, because tomorrow's D&D night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom