• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What do you eat for breakfast on a Monday in your country?

Steel

Banned
Cereal if I'm lazy. A waffle with some bacon if I'm not. Occasionally I'll spend some time making cinnimon buns from scratch, but more often I'll just throw some of the Pillsbury stuff in. A lot of the time I just skip breakfast.

As for drinks, I shit the day away if I drink even a half cup of coffee, so tea. Maybe hot chocolate on occasion.

U.S.

xrnzaaas

Sandwiches with cheese/ham mixed with a tomato or cucumber. Usually it's pretty small, because I'm still waking up and I'm too lazy to do more until I drink some coffee.

Two rolls on square sausage from Enzo's, which is a wee deli two minutes from my office.

Soft rolls and plenty of brown sauce, washed down with a can of Coke.

I have that Monday to Friday, lol.

USA

I eat a bowl of cereal and have a cup of coffee most days. Weekends when I give a shit about breakfast, I do the whole deal. Bacon, eggs, pancakes, coffee, hash browns, w/e. Getting fat as fuck on the weekends is the way to go

iFzfwBK.jpg

Croissant and a bica/expresso. I try to vary on type of croissant everyday lol

EDIT: Portugal

StayDead

I want to wake up as late as possible before work on a Monday, infact make that every day so I eat Cereal and drink some Tea. (UK)

afroguy10

I take a couple of Weetabix into work with me every morning and eat those with some milk.

_60070345_jex_1399188_de17-1.jpg

Fun tip: Weetabix is majority owned by the Chinese Government.

On a Friday though I'll normally go to the canteen and get a well fired breakfast roll with Lorne sausage (a square slice of spiced sausage meat) and potato scone (an unleavened griddle scone made of mashed potatoes, flour, butter and salt) with some brown sauce (tangy sauce similar to steak sauce made of tomatoes, apples, spices, molasses and vinegar).

Stick one each of these...
maxresdefault.jpg

In one of these...
well_fired_roll-770x770-500x500_1024x1024.jpg

With some of this inside as well...
IDShot_540x540.jpg

Best breakfast and you'll be fucking laughing.

Upinsmoke

(Liverpool UK)

I don't have a specific food just because it's a Monday, the only exception is Sundays where I sometimes have a fry up.

Anyway usually Toast and butter or Shreddies or Weetabix with semi skimmed
milk, any cereal will do tho tbh.

Also cup of tea, though I've started drinking coffee more with sweetener.

Kuraudo

Banned
These are always fun to see how cultures differ around the world. Americans are perplexed by the British egg cup contraption. BritishGAF was appalled that Americans had the audacity to boil water in a microwave. Please post your meals to be judged.

It's not really audacity so much as asking to have super heated water explode all over you.

Klotera

USA

Corn Flakes in whole milk
Glass of orange juice (the not-from-concentrate kind)

I have a couple cups of decaffeinated green tea when I get into the office.

UK (Manchester)

Black Coffee and usually nothing as food makes me feel rough in the mornings (unless I'm really hungry). I will usually go for a sandwich, burrito or a buddha bowl when I get hungry and have vitamin D supplement as well.

USA: Bowl of cereal with whole milk, with sourdough toast and grassfed butter, with a side of home-brewed hibiscus/elderberry/mango/lavendar kombucha.

Seeing that typed out, it sounds pretty neck-beardy.

On Monday, I'm usually too out of it to do anything other than an Eggo and some Greek yogurt, or cold cereal with almond milk.

But by Wednesday or Thursday, I might make a few eggs with rice or toast. If we have any kind of sausage in the fridge (keilbasa is great with eggs), I'll toss some of that in, too.

Fried eggs with rice, topped with butter and soy sauce, is a dream breakfast.

Edit: oh, uh, I'm in the US.

Cub3h

Banned
A small bowl of low fat yoghurt with granola, a packet of crisps, a glass of water a sip of coke zero for the caffeine.

Nothing because I already have to be on the road at 6:15am and I'll be damned if I have to get up any earlier than I already do. I got no time to prepare anything. I wish I did, I love breakfast.

norm9

UK (Manchester)

Black Coffee and usually nothing as food makes me feel rough in the mornings (unless I'm really hungry). I will usually go for a sandwich, burrito or a buddha bowl when I get hungry and have vitamin D supplement as well.

Weed in the morning? Only if I'm sick in bed with the flu or laid out.

greek yoghurt
grilled cheese sandwich
scrambled eggs with mushrooms and kale
coffee
one cup of blueberry soup

every single morning. it's the best time of the day. probably not a very typical swedish breakfast though.

Weed in the morning? Only if I'm sick in bed with the flu or laid out.

Hahaha. It's a mix of whole grains, plant based protein, a variety of veg and a dressing. Chuck it in a bowl and mix it up. very quick, little to no cooking, very tasty and gives you most of the RDA's you need for a day.

Pickman

Used to be a Clif bar, but the new place I started working at has an amazing and super cheap cafeteria.

2 scoops of scrambled eggs, a big helping of potatoes, and a sausage patty or 2 strips of bacon for $2.89

I'm satisfied until lunch time now and don't eat like a pig cause I'm hungry as hell by the time lunch rolls around.

Top Bottom