• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

White Knight Chronicles Media and Information Thread

Endless

1.jpg

that's official?

if so why doesn't Japan get the "Only on playstation" written all across the top like NA? :lol.

anyways. not bad. no talk about any LE/CE?

Yazuka

If that's the official I'm actually a bit dissapointed. I was expecting a bit more from its cover. Still pretty good.
Hope they can announce something about a US version soon.

DMPrince said:
that's official?

if so why doesn't Japan get the "Only on playstation" written all across the top like NA? :lol.

anyways. not bad. no talk about any LE/CE?

I think that crap is a SCEA thing, I'm not even sure SCEE has that shit.

zoku88

Durante said:
Very nice cover art. Probably my favourite for any HD JRPG yet.
Really? I think it's quite plain.

Then again, I guess it doesn't have that much competition.

EDIT: Then again, I hate cg on covers. I prefer beautiful 2D art.

klee123

AranhaHunter said:
I think that crap is a SCEA thing, I'm not even sure SCEE has that shit.

Yeah, the PAL version of LBP for example, doesn't have any "exclusive" label.

zoku88 said:

Then again, I guess it doesn't have that much competition.

EDIT: Then again, I hate cg on covers. I prefer beautiful 2D art.

FF covers, despite looking plain still look rather nice IMO.

Durante

zoku88 said:
What you call plain I call minimalistic. I hate overloaded cover art. This one is still not as great as the Final Fantasy covers, but it strikes a nice balance between minimalism and showing off the art.

I also like the color arrangement of the strong primary red and blue used towards both sides. I had a look at all other current-gen JRPG covers (most of them on my shelf) again and now I'm sure that this one is my favourite.

Sadly, it's probably far too artistically sound to be allowed by SCEA or SCEE (maybe there's some hope for the latter).

Durante said:
What you call plain I call minimalistic. I hate overloaded cover art. This one is still not as great as the Final Fantasy covers, but it strikes a nice balance between minimalism and showing off the art.

I also like the color arrangement of the strong primary red and blue used towards both sides. I had a look at all other current-gen JRPG covers (most of them on my shelf) again and now I'm sure that this one is my favourite.

Sadly, it's probably far too artistically sound to be allowed by SCEA or SCEE (maybe there's some hope for the latter).

Me too man clean design is so much better.

zoku88

klee123 said:
Yeah, the PAL version of LBP for example, doesn't have any "exclusive" label.

FF covers, despite looking plain still look rather nice IMO.
I don't think FF covers are plain. They're minimalist, but they're not boring. Their logos are pretty nice looking.

This one, basically has nothing "nice looking." I just think the art looks bad.

EDIT: I like covers like Shiren.

jmonteiro

BruceLeeRoy said:
Me too man clean design is so much better.

I agree, WKS cover is pretty awesome.

I bet the NA cover will not be as good. NA cover will probably pack a bunch of characters on it. My bets are on Leonard + it's Knight version + Cisna + Yulie (2 females) + Dregias (bad dude).

Durante

jmonteiro said:
I bet the NA cover will not be as good. NA cover will probably pack a bunch of characters on it. My bets are on Leonard + it's Knight version + Cisna + Yulie (2 females) + Dregias (bad dude).
+ some background environment graphics + some "cool" weapons + semi-cut-off head

Ugh.

Kyoufu

jmonteiro said:
December 25th

Xmas will be pretty sweet then, if Level 5 doesn't fail that is.

edit: fuck, I just realised that it probably won't be shipped until after the new year :/

-Kh-

Banned
I think having the White Knight in the front cover is much better than having any of the other characters. People won't be put off of the game for seing this, but they might if they see the characters designs too well before booting the game up.

Anyway I do like the cover. SE uses white backgrounds and just the logos for numerous covers anyway.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Awesome. I love simplistic covers. This is way better than having a bunch of the main characters squeezed onto the front like a lot of games have been doing lately.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
OP updated with it.
I'm so glad they don't use those horrible "only on PlayStation" headers that for some reason SCEA thought was a good idea.

-Kh-

Banned
Is the original WKC idea, story, or something at all from SCE?

Bcause with that box cover, they are saying this game is 100% ours, and Level 5 was just a tool.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
-Kh- said:

Bcause with that box cover, they are saying this game is 100% ours, and Level 5 was just a tool.

The IP is owned by SCE. Same thing with Dark Cloud and Rogue Galaxy, etc. Level-5 is credited on the back of those iirc.

Nolan.

-Kh- said:

As far as I understand it, it was all Hino's idea a long time in conception but sony probably has the rights to the ip now.

As a side not have they mentioned anything about a N/a/european date yet?, sorry if i've missed it.

-Kh-

Banned
Hopefully a June/July release is not outof the picture. Well at least if SCEI saw Sega and Valkyria Chronicles.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Kyoufu said:
I dunno but it sucks lol.

Another thing that sucks is the release date. No way am I going to be able to play it before the holiday :(

Sometimes imports have a way of being delivered before the official release date.

-Kh-

Banned
neojubei said:
Sometimes imports have a way of being delivered before the official release date.

But playing a RPG when you don't understand the language, is rather awkward. This is not an action game, or a platform game to really enjoy it without understanding the story, or having to rely on a FAQ.

Kyoufu

-Kh- said:
But playing a RPG when you don't understand the language, is rather awkward. This is not an action game, or a platform game to really enjoy it without understanding the story, or having to rely on a FAQ.

What does this have to do with his post? lol

I've looked around all the usual places and they're all expecting it on the 25th, basically 0% chance of getting it before 2009 hits. Thankfully Dissidia is out a week before so Xmas is saved :D

Kyoufu said:
What does this have to do with his post? lol

I've looked around all the usual places and they're all expecting it on the 25th, basically 0% chance of getting it before 2009 hits. Thankfully Dissidia is out a week before so Xmas is saved :D

is that kanon wakeshima i spy in your avatar? /offtopic

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
-Kh- said:

Maybe for others but not for me. You should see the number of import RPGs I've imported. I'll just have to break out my electronic Kanji dictionary.

OOh I cannot wait for Dissidia. I am taking the last 2 weeks of the year off and playing both games. :D

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
-Kh- said:

GameFAQs to the rescue.

jiggle

that's a hot cover :eek:
the online part holds me back from importing though. Reading/playing in JPN is fine, but needing to type it is a whole other matter

the story looks to be as generic as they come
so you're probably not missing much
plus, if the game uses extensive voice acting, you can pretty much guess what's happening through how they speak, if you dont understand the words themselves.

Syntek

jiggle said:
that's a hot cover :eek:
the online part holds me back from importing though. Reading/playing in JPN is fine, but needing to type it is a whole other matter

Hence more Gaffers should opt to import this so we have people to play with :p

Rpgmonkey

Kagari said:
whiteknight-boxart.jpg

No watermark version.

Eh, respectable.

The random stuff on the left side hurts it though.

Still on the fence about importing this. I'm just going to make the deciding factor be how much money I have around New Year's.

-Kh-

Banned
neojubei said:
Maybe for others but not for me. You should see the number of import RPGs I've imported. I'll just have to break out my electronic Kanji dictionary.

OOh I cannot wait for Dissidia. I am taking the last 2 weeks of the year off and playing both games. :D

Oh well, everyone has its own preferences.

Kagari said:
GameFAQs to the rescue.

But certainly this is not one of mine. Using a FAQ in my first playthrough of a RPG is something I don't like. If I have to check one then it will be on a second playthrough to get everything I missed first because of the game being a bitch (FFXII, Persona 3 FES, etc).

Top Bottom