• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

White Knight Chronicles Media and Information Thread

Pojo

Banned
DieH@rd said:
Well no really, Sephiroth uses daikatana. Two handed extra long bladed katana that is used in times of war to cut the enemies horses. Only, he wields it in one hand. :)
...and that is what makes him Sephiroth. :p

Arkaerial

Unconfirmed Member
DieH@rd said:
Well no really, Sephiroth uses daikatana. Two handed extra long bladed katana that is used in times of war to cut the enemies horses. Only, he wields it in one hand. :)

Actually I believe it's called a nodachi.

Fizzle

DieH@rd said:

SMH

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
World section of the site updated with new art.

They took down the invitation sign up for the party on 12/10 so the quota must have been filled.

New enemies, with new screen shots... you can see a couple of the new locations.

gantz85

Banned
It's weird, WKS was one of the most anticipated titles and it's only 20 days away from release and it has been eerily quiet.

I wonder how Japan will react to it.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
gantz85 said:
It's weird, WKS was one of the most anticipated titles and it's only 20 days away from release and it has been eerily quiet.

I wonder how Japan will react to it.
They've been updating the website every week, and commercials have been running since last month, so hopefully it is generating at least some hype. If anything, I'm sure it'll sell 100K+ on release week.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Good news for those waiting on the US release. Seems the localization process has been in production in Santa Monica for some time now. One of the English voice actors wrote about it in his blog...
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0935042/
This guy here is doing some minor role work for WKC, he was also in Rogue Galaxy, Resistance 1-2, and Ratchet & Clank Future, and was the voice of Cervantes in Soul Calibur for reference. So maybe we'll see a localization sooner than expected.

The theme song for WKC, which I guess is the trailer song, is called "White Knight Chronicles ~ Travelers," and is sung by Kazco. She was part of Do as Infinity and sung with the Black Mages.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
It's very uplifting to hear the localization has been underway. Bodes well for a Spring release or sooner in the states.

cool world art. Hope to see some snow/ice world as well! and glad to know about the localization. I hope Johnny yong Bosch gets to be the main character VA.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
DMPrince said:
cool world art. Hope to see some snow/ice world as well! and glad to know about the localization. I hope Johnny yong Bosch gets to be the main character VA.

NO! DAMN YOU FOR EVEN SAYING IT!

Kyoufu

DMPrince said:

Don't let Aeana see that!

jiggle

oh good
won't be that long of a wait then, unless it's on purpose (HSG5)
I do hope it has cross server play, one of my friend is getting the JPN version :/

zurra

woooo good to hear! i wonder if there will be an insane embargo on the party. =/

one more vote for Johnny! GO JOHNNY!!!!

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
DMPrince said:

You know it is going to be true, so why joke about it? :lol

Rpgmonkey

Kagari said:
Good news for those waiting on the US release. Seems the localization process has been in production in Santa Monica for some time now. One of the English voice actors wrote about it in his blog...
This guy here is doing some minor role work for WKC, he was also in Rogue Galaxy, Resistance 1-2, and Ratchet & Clank Future, and was the voice of Cervantes in Soul Calibur for reference. So maybe we'll see a localization sooner than expected.

The theme song for WKC, which I guess is the trailer song, is called "White Knight Chronicles ~ Travelers," and is sung by Kazco. She was part of Do as Infinity and sung with the Black Mages.

Guess I will just wait, probably won't be too long. December is quite stuffed with enough RPGs to last me right now anyway.

Hopefully it just doesn't release in March. :p

Diablos

Looking forward to playing this. If it comes out at the same time as Star Ocean, I'm going to have to decide what to buy first, heh. Nice to know the localization seems to be going smoothly...

klee123

Kyoufu said:
Yeah, sadly it won't arrive until after the holidays :(

I used EMS to ship it along with Dissidia, so hopefully it'll arrive before the new years.

Kagari said:
Same. Play-Asia says it's not shipping until the 29th for me. :/

BALLS! There goes my chance to get to play it before new years.

Kyoufu

Kagari said:
Same. Play-Asia says it's not shipping until the 29th for me. :/

Well on the bright side, I'll play Dissidia and if J-Gaf impressions are bad then I'll probably skip on it. If its really good then it'll be a sad Christmas/New Year :p

klee123 said:
I used EMS to ship it along with Dissidia, so hopefully it'll arrive before the new years.

Well even if its sent on the 25th, would couriers deliver it in time? What about Xmas holidays?

rykomatsu

quit complaining :p

atleast you guys'll be able to play it around new years...i'll have it in my hands on the 26th or 27th but will be about 2-2.5weeks from being able to play it back home :(

i wonder if there'll be any WKC doujinshi at Comiket 75...lol...i'm sure most circles already had plans back in august for 75...but never know i suppose..

zurra

Kagari said:
WTF, JYB is voicing the Main Character in Persona 4? God damnit.
At least you won't hear him much. But he's also voicing some other detective that shows up with Dojima (one of the clips on the official site), soooo....

Enjoy! :lol

zoku88

rykomatsu said:
quit complaining :p

atleast you guys'll be able to play it around new years...i'll have it in my hands on the 26th or 27th but will be about 2-2.5weeks from being able to play it back home :(

i wonder if there'll be any WKC doujinshi at Comiket 75...lol...i'm sure most circles already had plans back in august for 75...but never know i suppose..
I'm sure there will be :p

Time to allocate money for doujin again :-/

Clean ones...

Yazuka

Lain said:
What's so bad about this JYB fellow? Is he so bad at VA?
I think its more that people is getting tired of him. He is a bit like Yuri Lowthenal.
His in every game being made right now. Feels like it anyway. Well I personally don't mind, I like Johnny.

klee123

Kyoufu said:
Well on the bright side, I'll play Dissidia and if J-Gaf impressions are bad then I'll probably skip on it. If its really good then it'll be a sad Christmas/New Year :p

Well even if its sent on the 25th, would couriers deliver it in time? What about Xmas holidays?

Well, in AU, the 27th is a business day. but then I realized that P-A doesn't represent HK retailers in terms of their business days. Oh well.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Kagari said:

Where is the blog-enty?

fanboi

Banned
Please please please please please please please please please be good!
MY <3 have been waiting in infinity for a great RPG.

DMPrince said:
It kind of reminds me of the older PS1/PS2 commercials, where it's partial reality and partial gameplay shots. Doesn't surprise me they kind of split it between multi-player and single player.

IMO, SCEA should have continued those commercials that worked after all these years instead of trying to do all this other stuff (where except for last year, doesn't seem to be working IMO).

Top Bottom