• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Who is your favorite "Not Pikachu"

Mrmask

tumblr_m9bk4fM3gY1refvsho1_250.gif

Strimei

Marill isn't a pikaclone. The only reason anyone thinks of it as such is the pikablu rumors

It isn't? I mean, yeah, Pikablu is certainly contributing a bit, but it does look rather Pikachu-y. Only thing it lacks is the cheek pouches/circles.

Anyway, I like Emolga. I found it to be actually useful, and the only one of the Pika-clones that actually can be an absolute pain to fight (damn you Elesa!).

Ydelnae

Raichu and Azurill are my favorite "Pikachu-like" ones. I hope GF doesn't make another electric rat for Sun and Moon, just make it like Marill. A water/fire/etc-fairy rodent reminiscent of Pikachu but not being a carbon copy, like Dedenne.

It isn't? I mean, yeah, Pikablu is certainly contributing a bit, but it does look rather Pikachu-y. Only thing it lacks is the cheek pouches/circles.

Anyway, I like Emolga. I found it to be actually useful, and the only one of the Pika-clones that actually can be an absolute pain to fight (damn you Elesa!).
The only trait it shares with pikachu clones is being rodentish. It lacks the cheek puches and the electric typing

Strimei

The only trait it shares with pikachu clones is being rodentish. It lacks the cheek puches and the electric typing

I don't think it needs the electric typing to be a clone. I would also argue that since (if you consider it one) it was the first clone, the "rules" weren't set just yet.

And there are other rodent-pokemon (Rattata/Raticate, for example) that aren't the same relative body shape/style. Its fairly Pikachu-like.

Zebei

For me

Pachirisu > Plusle and Minun > Marill > Raichu > Pichu > Emolga (Only this low because fuck double team) > Pikachu himself >>>>>>Dedenne

I don't think it needs the electric typing to be a clone. I would also argue that since (if you consider it one) it was the first clone, the "rules" weren't set just yet.

And there are other rodent-pokemon (Rattata/Raticate, for example) that aren't the same relative body shape/style. Its fairly Pikachu-like.

the first pika clone was pichu, not Marill

Azuran

Banned
Dedenne is obviously the best one followed by Pachirisu.

Marill is not even a Pikaclone. I hate Pokémon rumours sometimes.

blamite

Raichu totally doesn't count, but... yeah. Raichu. Second best electric type after Ampharos. I hope he gets a cool Mega Evolution someday!

Other than him, Pachirisu is easily the best of the bunch in all areas.

Hinchy

Emolga is best.

shiny Emolga is even adorabler and it was my very first shiny ever.

dP8bm3F.png

Pachirisu is
fucking BORING
like everything in gen 4

Neiteio

I don't follow competitive Pokemon, but I remember watching the grand finals of the doubles championship one year and the winning team was carried by an amazing Pachirisu. Mindblowing stuff!

Dedenne is my jam here, really love his design even if it does just basically combine all the other Pikaclones into one ultimate, plushie shifting cutie.

Sesha

Marill, always and forever. It's simple and elegant. It was my mainstay during the entirety of Gold.

I really want more mouse Pokémon with different types, instead of "here's another electrical rodent".

Raichu. So underrepresented it breaks my heart. :(

EDIT: OK, fine. If we're not counting Raichu, I'll go with Dedenne. It looks quite close to a potential baby Raichu, actually.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
Easily Marill/pikablu

The pikablu legend is something that will never die in my heart.

L Thammy

You mean yellow mascot monster?

20422urxak.jpg

But seriously Pichu is adorable. Smash 4 NX exclusive let's go.
I also like Raichu, but only by that one weird fan artist who draws them being abused.

Top Bottom