• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Who is your favorite "Not Pikachu"

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Raichu has ALWAYS >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Pikachu

Zelias

Banned
Raichu is awesome and I've always preferred it to Pikachu. As for the rest:

Pachirisu has a neat design and seeing it win at VGC was magical. It's not quite as good as my boy Raichu but it's close.

Plusle/Minun have a neat gimmick and nothing else.

Emolga and Dedenne are meh.

Pichu... well I'm not generally a fan of baby Pokemon, so...

I don't consider Marill to be a Pikaclone.

Dimmle

In addition, let's talk about Pikachu's also-ran mascot contemporaries:

250px-039Jigglypuff.png

250px-035Clefairy.png

It's weird to consider today but these guys were pretty much as viable for mascothood as Pikachu back in the early goings.

Mista Koo

Marill, for all the reasons that make people not consider him a Pikaclone. I was hoping each generation would get a Pikachu like with a different element.

Excluding Marill I'd have to go with Plusle and Minun, they are newer cuter Pikachus which is exactly what they are supposed to be. They are what that trash Pichu was trying to be. In fact I don't think any other Pikaclone achieved that goal quite as well.

250px-039Jigglypuff.png

250px-035Clefairy.png

It's weird to consider today but these guys were pretty much as viable for mascothood as Pikachu back in the early goings.

Jigglypuff has just settled for being the GOAT Pocket Monster instead. Absolute classic.

I really love Plusle and Minun. They're basically the old Pichu Bros. concept taken to a new design and they seem like party dudes.

Azuran

Banned

250px-039Jigglypuff.png

250px-035Clefairy.png

Get that irrelevant garbage out of this thread.

Velcro Fly

Lucario

I dream of wrecking entire regions full of trainers and the E4 with nothing but my Lucario and Lucarionite by my side.

ajim

Emolga and pichu.

I actually love pichu and think it's adorable as fuck. I dunno how they managed to make pikachu cuter but they bloody did the geniuses.

The Hermit

WPS

Raichu, I love that chubby little underdog, and I wish they hadn't replaced his cry in XY.

Second is probably Pachirisu, since it's the only other one I've actually used and it feels the least derivative.

Two in one generation!

iikWdIw.png

Mimikyu is the winner, obviously.

As fun as Sonichu jokes were with the hedgehog, Mimikyu is just an amazing design.

(Although the role of a traditional RPG mimic for the Pokemon franchise has already been filled by Voltorb, having one for "treasure chests" (pokeball sprites on the overworld) and one for monsters is acceptable)

Pachirisu. It might not be anything special in-game, but it has a cute design and is a good squirrel. Plus it's blue! Blue is a good color.

That said, I don't really consider Marill or Raichu to be cut from the same Pikachu-expy cloth, and if I did keep them in Marill would be my fav.

Mr. RPG

Raichu and Pichu are two of my favorite Pokemon. I absolutely love them. :)

I really wish Pichu was in the newest Smash Bros. game. :(

Minamu

I can't see the pictures at work, but my gf has started watching Pokémon XY and now XY+Z, and I can't help but laugh and enjoy Dedenne something fierce. That cute voice is incredible :lol But still, Pikachu is still the bestest. I'm not even a Pokémon fan really, but I get slightly teary-eyed from joy just hearing his voice xD

Top Bottom