• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2017 |OT| John Wick cleaning up KyoAni's mess

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gintama 328

B7OCpKV.jpg
T9Ei6h3.jpg

I liked how this episode looked at times. Reminded me of that one episode of Monogatari Second Season where Shinobu explains her past

I am appreciative of series that show that immortality is actually a terrible power.

Gintama. [END]

Zzzzzz

This series was like 40% expositions, 25% boring fights, 20% flashbacks, 10% sentimental moments and 5% jokes...

I miss the time when I enjoyed the series for its humor. I suppose they had to finish the story some day, but the continuous serious arcs are getting rather tiring. And maybe I'd be more interested in it if there was a budget.

Having absolutely loved the majority of the 4th season it's disappointing that the series will apparently progressively drift into exactly the direction I can't stand :/ And that I'll probably not get to see another visual feast like ep180 (red spider). Apparently these self-deprecating 4th-wall breaking budget remarks are the truth D:

Having absolutely loved the majority of the 4th season it's disappointing that the series will apparently progressively drift into exactly the direction I can't stand :/ And that I'll probably not get to see another visual feast like ep180 (red spider). Apparently these self-deprecating 4th-wall breaking budget remarks are the truth D:

I don't think it's a problem with budget per se (which was obviously never particularly huge for Gintama) but rather that the newest director who took over after Fujita left has little creative spark.

Awesome, time to start watching that I guess.

Thing about IBO Season 2 that I appreciate is it slowly starts to strip away a lot of the Power Fantasy away. Every action the leads make actually have long term consequences they have to deal with and can't just overcome because they want to.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Thing about IBO Season 2 that I appreciate is it slowly starts to strip away a lot of the Power Fantasy away. Every action the leads make actually have long term consequences they have to deal with and can't just overcome because they want to.

It is basically the compare and contrast to the first season.

I've been meaning to get back to IBO, and this really makes me eager to do so. Only saw the first few episodes of season 1.

It is basically the compare and contrast to the first season.

Most definitely. Especially with how the Season 1 finale ended. Such a big switch in tone lol

I've been meaning to get back to IBO, and this really makes me eager to do so. Only saw the first few episodes of season 1.

The middle of season 1 definitely has some pacing issues, but I feel that they do end it on a strong note. Season 2 has definitely been really strong all around.

This is the best case I've ever seen anyone make for IBO.

Kinda reminds me of what 00 tried to do along with shoving all its other nonsense in.

Sölf

Gintama. 12 END
It's that time again. The wait begins anew. Let's hope we get some of the skipped episodes as OVAs. I for one liked the arc. The final one is still not done, right? How long is in comparison so far? Double length?

Narag

Yamishibai S4 2-13 FIN

ugh

aside from that last ep where they remembered the importance of atmosphere. Could've been one of the lesser S1 eps.

Kira Kira Precure a la Mode 8

This episode helps expand on the many things the Precure can do with their magic cream.

Their magic cream can make furniture. FURNITURE! Strong enough to bust holes in walls. It can be used for utensils. Their cream can even be used as a cleaning substitute!

Aoi is fucking strong though. Good lord. I guess she'll compete with Mana for strongest human? Meanwhile Yukari was just smug throughout the episode.

what the fuck

Smile Precure was so pure. What kind of dark secrets are hiding in this franchise?!?

Yes! 5 is about girls falling in love with animal fairies.
HapCha had a girl falling in love with a god who spreads his seeds around the world to make a magical girl army.
Go Princess Precure has one-framers featuring Minami's butt. And it was intentional.

I can keep going.

HapCha had a girl falling in love with a god who spreads his seeds around the world to make a magical girl army.
Go Princess Precure has one-framers featuring Minami's butt. And it was intentional.

I can keep going.

isn't this the case for 90% of all anime with a mostly female cast.

I can keep going.
At the end of the day, magical girl anime is largely made by men. :|

isn't this the case for 90% of all anime with a mostly female cast.

In the case with Precure, it was incredibly unusual. They had an actual big friend on board for Go! Princess. Some documentation also showcased that it was intentional
that Mermaid went commando.
. The show overall is still more tame than nearly everything that comes out on the grand scheme of things. At least it was much better after how much of a let down HapCha ended up being.

zulux21

what...is it like Magicians?

nah, horror shonen with a lot of well done cliffhangers.

there are only 32 chapters out right now, so if you are bored I would recommend giving it a read.

the reactions in the official thread are already fun, but I know more people in here and the reactions in here will be even more fun.

if I had to guess I would guess it will get an anime spring 2018.

Crocodile

This weekend was Anime Japan right? Was it a bust? I feel like I've heard of no major bombs dropping.

Also Samurai Jack > anime

Dragon Ball Super 83

There are some funny scenes in here, like Yamcha scaring Bulla. However they're gonna be filling these episodes just with Goku recuiting his friends and that just comes off as lazy. Not talking about the animation, but the general motive behind this.

Oh well at least they don't take Yamcha with.

I dunno I appreciate what they are doing. Dragon Ball does well with good character moments and I feel no reason to rush through things. This episode also answered adn addressed a lot of background questions.

Cornbread78

Ben-To ep.2
This dude is a beater for real. The boar, the wizard, the storm, pigs, wolves, so much world building in 1 episode, lol. Also, what's up with the stupid coolant creepy yuri girl? She can go fuck the right off.

Attack on Titan ep.15
Poor test subjects..

This weekend was Anime Japan right? Was it a bust? I feel like I've heard of no major bombs dropping.

I guess it depends what you were looking for. There were a lot of trailers and cast/staff details released for previously announced anime, and a few new anime revealed around or during AnimeJapan such as Devilman Crybaby, Princess Principal, Time Bokan 24 S2, and Uma Musume.

Ben-To ep.1

I have no idea what I just watched, but that was pretty crazy stuff. I mean, the whole premise is extremely stupid, but it looks like fun, so I'm in for the ridiculousness.
This show made me sub into Funimation. I liked it for what it though it'll never get a second season :'v

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom