• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WrestleMania 32 |OT| OHHH! Written in the Stars! A Million Miles Awaaaaaay........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Precisely.

It exactly sound like the ones booking are vaguely trying to make sense all year (only vaguely) and for WM, Vince comes out and books everything himself without any regard to any sene whatsoever. Thus Corbin.

I can see the scene:

Vince: So who's this guy, he seems tall.
Hunter: Well he's been jobbing for some weeks in NXT. He's now a mean he..
Vince: Anyway, he's tall i like him, let have him win the Battle Royal.
Hunter: Hmmm
Vince: And who's this emo punk with a horrible haircut there ?
Hunter: Ho he's actually really good and really over, we..
Vince: No way he beats Jericho ok. Jericho is a star and i don't know who's this guy
Hunter: But that's actually their 4th match and..
Vince: Next, those New days against the League of Nation, it's too small, let's put true stars in there!

I like Corbin, was happy to see him win, people are complaining that WWE pushes a new talent, they can't win

Sephzilla

Corbin winning was one of the unquestionable bright spots of the entire show. It also means his character is going to be even douchier on NXT because of this win

What's crazier than Shane doing that drop of the cage is that he'd do it for seemingly no reward or reason

it doesn't look like he'll be sticking around and being a major player, he doesn't need the money, it doesn't look like he'll be doing anything besides the scenes...

that motherfucker really just wanted to do one last crazy stunt

That's why Shane is a god, he goes all out , gotta respect that B^)

Beefy

Listen, The Rock is awesome but someone really needs to tell him to speed things up when he makes an appearance at WrestleMania. Him being here was cool and the flamethrow thing was pretty neat, but at the same time I was like

giphy.gif

Because he was milking that shit out way too long. When you're entrance is longer than Undertakers you have a problem. He did a similar thing last year where he took a fucking year to get to the ring.

I still think he was told to drag it out big time.

The Rock segment was fun but went on way too long. Literally half of it was the time it took for him to get to the damn ring. Him and Cena hugging was nearly as bad as Rock saluting him.

I seriously thought the battle royal going on second last mean Cena would win there but nope.

Ensoul

It was an okay show. Womens match, taker match, Lesnar match, and the main event were all predictable. I didn't think Styles was losing though.

What I didn't like/get
Ryder winning the IC title. It was a surprise if nothing else but the guy is rarely on TV and when he is he loses.

At this point I have no idea what they are doing with Lesnar. They continue to make him invincible yet I don't know why. He won't win a title for the simple reason he is a part timer yet he never loses.

The battle royal was a joke and was strange how a bunch of guys came in at once and some of their guys were introduced.

The rock segment was awful.

Foley (who can barely walk) Austin (who quite frankly looked fat) and Michaels (who still looks like he can wrestle today) beating up the League of Nations then making the New day look bad made no sense.

The show went on waaaaay to long. My 11 year old fell asleep before the main event. Why this has to be 7 hours long is beyond me.

Toki767

Shane/Taker went on for like 30 minutes.

They were technically selling for like 20 of those minutes. And by selling, I mean they were extremely gassed.

The Rock coming out to announce an attendance record reeks of corporate crap. Would have been nice if he had a drawn out match with Wyatt or even Rowan, but just Rock Bottoms him and beats him in 6 seconds making the current roster look like no name 80's jobbers....or even worse.

So if Ryder was apparently the replacement for Neville in the match, who was originally scheduled to win the belt? I doubt they would have actually given it to Neville.

The Rock coming out to announce an attendance record reeks of corporate crap. Would have been nice if he had a drawn out match with Wyatt or even Rowan, but just Rock Bottoms him and beats him in 6 seconds making the current roster look like no name 80's jobbers....or even worse.
This pretty much sums up that attendance record shit.
barry-horowitz-o.gif

Hex

Banned

That is my problem.
You will get flooded with marks who will insist that it doesn't matter and the crowd and legends blah blah....
But making these old timers continually come out and make bitches of your new talent that you are trying to build will continue holding them down.
The crowd would have been just as into or more so if it was some back and forth, and then having Rock getting piled on for the Cena save.

But who the fuck am I kidding, this is the company that will job out the tag team champions or US or Intercontinental champions two on one to Big Show or Kane to build them up for a match that they will lose anyway.

It's weird. They used to just announce the attendance on TV or have like Lilian Garcia announce it, now they've started turning it into a segment these last two years. Hopefully they cut that shit out.

I mean I know the Rock can't wrestle and I'm happy he still wants to come back and do something, but surely they can think of something better than these glorified Raw segments.

Sephzilla

I'm done pretending like the Wyatts are relevant. The feud with Cena put them on life support. Jericho came back to put over Bray only for Cena to bury the faction again a few weeks later after SummerSlam. And then Kane & Taker beating them was the equivalent of pulling the plug. I didn't care about Rock squashing one of them in 6 minutes because they're legitimately below the Social Outcasts and League of Nations in terms of relevance.

Anth0ny

I'm done pretending like the Wyatts are relevant. The feud with Cena put them on life support. Jericho came back to put over Bray only for Cena to bury the faction again a few weeks later after SummerSlam. And then Kane & Taker beating them was the equivalent of pulling the plug. I didn't care about Rock squashing one of them in 6 minutes because they're legitimately below the Social Outcasts and League of Nations in terms of relevance.

they are complete jobbers. I also didn't really care that Rock squashed them. that's their role. they are social outcasts tier, just spooky and with a cool entrance. it's the reason why I was so uninterested in the potential bray/brock program they were planning around royal rumble time.

Barrage

I agree the Rock shouldve showed some ass. O was fine with the LON beatdown, because they had the excuse that they just had a match.

The problen is that any Heel faction coyld have walked out like that. The Wyatts are supposd to be evil and sadistic.

Imagine the Rock being held down while Bray Wyatt held up the Firegun? Wouldnt have had to do anything, the implication would have stuck with people.

Mahonay

Banned
For a moment Bray DID feel relevant again when he first started speaking to The Rock, and The Rock was putting him over in return, to the loud cheers from the crowd. The people I had over who know nothing about current WWE were saying "damn, this Bray guy is pretty great". And then the incest jokes came...and he just murdered them like the shitty jobbers they've been lately.
I agree the Rock shouldve showed some ass. O was fine with the LON beatdown, because they had the excuse that they just had a match.

The problen is that any Heel faction coyld have walked out like that. The Wuatts are supposd to be evil and sadistic.

Imagine the Rock being held down while Bray Wyatt held up the Firegun? Wouldnt have had to do anything, the implication would have stuck with people.
Fucking this. Like, there is NO REASON...ZERO, for The Rock to be destroying upper-mid card heels that are on the active roster.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Well damn, that'd be something. Cena coming back to make the save would've made a lot more sense in that case.

Chopper

Is there a gif of the Social Outcasts doing laps of the ring, bumping into Kane and then reversing? It was fucking hilarious. A legit highlight.

Hex

Banned
Don't see what is the hype with AJ styles he has pretty much no character basically just another guy who has good matches.

When in the ring with someone who can go, and given time the matches are amazing.
That is why people want him away from Jericho, and get him into a new program with good workers.
Jericho used to be able to run and a great worker, now he is a grinder with a couple of high spot moves.

Kaiterra

Banned
Ryder winning the IC title sounds like one of the few actual bright spots. I'm really happy for him, especially after seeing that picture with Razor. Good to know his Wrestlemania legacy won't be limited to being an Edgehead and getting kicked in the nuts by Eve.

I like the way you're thinking.

Savitar

exclusive look backstage at vince during the main event:

LPxYixE.gif

Wait until they get done editing it like they've done with past events that crowds didn't do what the WWE wanted. Romans bound to get some wild applause and cheers on replays if not the official DVD's.

gogosox82

Don't see what is the hype with AJ styles he has pretty much no character basically just another guy who has good matches.

And this is why people are upset with the match. Its funny how before he got to wwe, he was one of the best(if not the best) wrestlers in the world and now that he's in wwe, he's just another guy who's a good worker.

Angelcurio

I'm still mad about the Women's triple threat match being won by generic blondie girl whose only ring move is the Figure 8 grappling. We have had to swallow her for the last six months, and yet when her storyline should have ended with Sasha becoming the new Champion, they still make her win without any purpose. After a Sasha win, they could have have started a feud almost immediately with Bailey, in case she is called up to the main roster. Both Sasha and Becky made the match interesting, yet the least talented keeps winning.

Don't see what is the hype with Nakamura. He has pretty much no character, basically just another guy who has good matches and smirks at the camera occasionally.

Oh, sorry, this got posted a year early.

Mahonay

Banned
Is Joe better than AJ as far as TNA folk go?
Nah. AJ's body of work is way stronger.

2005 Joe though was one of the best on the planet. I'm happy to see him get reinvigorated by NXT and looking a lot more like his old self.
Did Bray Wyatt run over Vince's dog or something? I can't think what Wyatt must have done to get continually buried like this.
He's a lazy millennial who doesn't grab the brass ring.

imBask

Banned
understanding what that brass ring means to Vince is like trying to decode what your girlfriend mean by "yes it's fine"

Sephzilla

it is when you're an NXT wrestler who just won a match on Wrestlemania

jesus

Winning the rumble will do more for Corbin in NXT than it will when he makes it to the main roster. Also, considering what happened with Cesaro and Big Show after they won the Jobber Rumble I don't exactly blame Anth0ny for thinking the way he does. The Andre Battle Royal was almost pushed to the pre-show this year too, just to show you what WWE thinks of it.

Winning the rumble will do more for Corbin in NXT than it will when he makes it to the main roster. Also, considering what happened with Cesaro and Big Show after they won the Jobber Rumble I don't exactly blame Anth0ny for thinking the way he does. The Andre Battle Royal was almost pushed to the pre-show this year too, just to show you what WWE thinks of it.

Cesaro was actually in the midst of a push before getting hurt, Big Show won because he hasn't won anything, it was a symbolic win for the future HOFer

good job wwe

not even wwe, i watched his stuff from tna and new japan after he was debuting. He just seems like another indy guy who is good at choreographed spots. Similar with Balor. Just a guy with good matches which is why hes popular with the hardcore as they only care about matches.

Sephzilla

Cesaro was actually in the midst of a push before getting hurt, Big Show won because he hasn't won anything, it was a symbolic win for the future HOFer

After winning the Andre Battle Royal Cesaro was perfectly poised for a face run but instead they kept him heel, put him with Paul Heyman, Heyman spent more time talking up Brock Lesnar than Cesaro, and Cesaro eventually got lost in the mix until he started tagging with Tyson Kidd.

His push after winning the Battle Royal was dead before the next PPV.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom