• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wrestlemania XXX Week |OT| We are all legit shook

Are you legit shook?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaladin

Note: This thread covers all wrestling events happening from Tuesday April 1st through Monday Night Raw, April 7th. This thread covers Wrestlemania, all of the events surrounding it AND all of the independant events which run around the site of Wrestlemania over Wrestlemania Weekend. Please feel free to discuss anything and everything wrestling related here during this week.

AdM44lW.jpg

No, not that shovel you geeks. It's Wrestlemania Week. Time for legends to come out of the woodwork and new stars to be made buried. This year in the main event, Batista earned the right to face the WWE World Heavyweight Champion Randy Orton by winning the 2014 Battle Royal.

But wait....there's more!!!!

X3lvD1.gif

Fans rallied behind Daniel Bryan and The #Yes Movement so much that it forced Triple H and The Authority to act. Triple H made himself vs Daniel Bryan for the big show!!! However, Bryan wasn't satisfied and demanded more. He demanded a shot at the main event if he could beat Triple H. The One Man Power Trip of Triple H decided that Daniel Bryan had no shot at beating him at Mania, so he granted Bryan that stipulation....however....if Triple H beats Bryan, he is added to the main event guaranteeing a Triple Threat Main Event!

It will be WWE World Heavyweight Champion Randy Orton defending vs 2014 Royal Rumble Winner Batista and Daniel Bryan or Triple H.

Can Daniel Bryan overcome the odds, beat three men...no.....A+ players in one night?

Or will Triple H realize his dream and finally become the Vince McMahon Jr. Jr. he was destined to be?

Check out this recap of the Daniel Bryan story.

Take a look at why Daniel Bryan has no chance at winning at Wrestlemania. Even Scott Steiner would agree with that math.

HHH-as-Vince.gif

xQiZK6b.jpg

H6FfUeW.jpg

ES2hBl5.jpg

Death....taxes.....and the streak. Three things we know can't be defeated. Brock Lesnar has other plans. First, he demanded a title shot at Wrestlemania, and when that didn't happen, he demanded history. Undertaker granted his wish by stabbing a pen through his hand. This one is destined to be a slobberknocker with some MMA inspired submissions thrown in for good measure.

Will the streak live on?

9C0PWsM.jpg

GIFvu2V.jpg

With a build as good as this match has had, who cares if it's Cena? John Cena faces Bray Wyatt in a match that has had a great build from both Cena and Wyatt. Ok, that's not entirly true....Cena is still cutting his promos, but he is bringing the mind games, so it is what it is. But Wyatt....Wyatt has got our attention. #FOLLOWTHEBUZZARDS

dbPGYHC.jpg

Well.....those are the main events.....what about the rest of the card?

The Shield (Dean Ambrose, Roman Reigns & Seth Rollins) vs Corporate Kane and The New Age Outlaws (Billy Gun and Road Dogg Jesse James)

X6VbS2d.jpg

Andre The Giant Memorial Battle Royal

hh3xxJw.jpg

Vicky Guerrero Divas Championship Invitational

AJ Lee defends vs all of the divas, with all the divas in the ring at once in a one fall match.

5iETQls.jpg

And, on the 2 hour pre-show:

Fatal Four Way Tag Team Title Match

The Usos vs Los Matadores vs Rybaxel vs The Real Americans

MfSNiOe.jpg

Oh....and Hulk Hogan is hosting.

Hulk-Hogan-WMXXX-Promo-01-600x337.jpg

WWE 2014 Hall of Fame Class

The Ultimate Warrior Inducted By Linda McMahon

Jake The Snake Robberts Inducted By Diamond Dallas Page

Lita Inducted By Trish Stratus

Paul Bearer Inducted By TBA

Carlos Colón Inducted By Carlito, Eddie and Orlando Colón

Mr. T Inducted By TBA

Razor Ramon Inducted By TBA

But wait......there is more!!!!!

zwRRcou.jpg

The WWE Network allows for all kinds of Mania coverage. And WWE gets crazy with it this year.

All times are ET.

TUESDAY, APRIL 1
WrestleMania 30 Press Conference
11:00 a.m. - LIVE
7:00 p.m. - Encore
2:00 a.m. - Encore

THURSDAY, APRIL 3
WrestleMania Today Thursday
6:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m. - LIVE

FRIDAY, APRIL 4
WrestleMania 25
2:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.

WrestleMania Today Friday

Legends of WrestleMania - series premiere
10:00 p.m. - 11:00 p.m.

SATURDAY, APRIL 5
WrestleMania Rewind
6:00 a.m. - 9:00 a.m.

WrestleMania 26
9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.

WrestleMania 27
1:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.

WrestleMania Today Saturday

Red Carpet at the 2014 WWE Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
8:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m. - LIVE

WWE Hall of Fame Ceremony
9:00 p.m. - 11:30 p.m. - LIVE
12:00 a.m. - 2:30 a.m. – Encore

SUNDAY, APRIL 6
WrestleMania Rewind
6:00 a.m. - 9:00 a.m.

WrestleMania 28
9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.

WrestleMania 29
1:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.

WrestleMania Expanded Pre-Show
5:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m. - LIVE on WWE Network
Also available for FREE on WWE.com, the WWE App, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and Pheed. Spanish Language Pre-Show available from 5:30 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.

WrestleMania Expanded Pre-Show continues, featuring the Pre-Show Match
6:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m. - LIVE exclusively on WWE Network

WrestleMania 30
7:00 p.m. - 11:00 p.m. - LIVE

WWE Countdown (Most Infamous Gimmicks) - sneak peek
11:00 p.m. ET

MONDAY, APRIL 7
Raw Pre-Show
7:30 p.m - 8:00 p.m. - LIVE

Raw Backstage Pass
11:00 p.m. - 11:30 p.m. - LIVE

TUESDAY, APRIL 8
Journey to WrestleMania
9:00 p.m. - 9:30 p.m. ET

But what about all of these companies that run around Wrestlemania that I have heard so much about? What about the indies?

Glad you asked! There are a ton....and I mean a freakin' ton of indie shows in New Orleans and on iPPV or VOD during Mania weekend. Wrasslin fans, you have options....and you have options galore.

ManiaSchedule.jpg

Here is a complete listing of everything that has been announced for Wrestlemania Weekend. It is possible that I have missed something, as this is taken from pwinsider's latest list. I likely don't have enough space in this OT to cover all of the cards, so here is a complete listing of everything with links to more info:

Wednesday 4/2:

7:30 PM - "Pro Wrestlers vs. Zombies" screening at Chalmette Movie Theater in Chalmette, LA

Thursday 4/3:

1 PM - Booker T signing at Wrestlemania Store at New Orleans Convention Center

4 PM - Fandango & Summer Raw signing at Wrestlemania Store at New Orleans Convention Center

6 PM - WWE AXXESS at Ernest N. Morial Convention Center with Kane, Roman Reigns, Dolph Ziggler, The Usos, R-Truth, Sin Cara, The New Age Outlaws, NXT champ Adrian Neville, NXT Women's champion Paige, Cesaro, Charlotte, Sami Zayn appearing.

6 PM - An Evening with Jim Ross at the House of Blues. Visit www.JRsBarbQ.com for details.

7 PM - "Pro Wrestlers vs. Zombies" screening at the Prytania Theatre in New Orleans, LA. Shane Douglas, Matt Hardy, Reby Sky to appear, For more details, visit www.prytaniatheatreneworleans.com.

8 PM WWNLIVE Experience: EVOLVE at McAlister Auditorium at Tulane University. Visit www.wwnlive.com/NOLA for details.

9 PM Ringside: An Evening with Jim Ross at the House of Blues. Visit www.JRsBarbQ.com for details.

9:30 PM Colt Cabana & Friends Watch Bad Wrestling Movies at the New Movement Theater. For more, visit http://www.newmovementtheater.com/COLT/

Friday 4/4/14:

9 AM - Mid-South Legends Fanfest at the Sigur Center in Chalmette, LA. Visit www.MidSouthLegends.com for details.

1 PM - Christian signing at Wrestlemania Store at New Orleans Convention Center

3 PM - WWNLIVE Experience: A Wrestling Odyssey at McAlister Auditorium at Tulane University. www.wwnlive.com/NOLA/

4 PM - Cesaro signing at Wrestlemania Store at New Orleans Convention Center

6 PM - WWE AXXESS at Ernest N. Morial Convention Center with Big E, Trish Stratus, The Miz, The Wyatt Family, Ricky Steamboat, Titus O’Neil, Bo Dallas, Adam Rose, William Regal, WWE Intercontinental champion Big E, Sasha Banks, Tyler Breeze appearing.

7 PM - Ring of Honor "Supercard of Honor" at John A. Alario Sr. Event Center at the Bayou Segnette Sports Complex in Westego, LA. Visit www.ROHWrestling.com for details.

7:30 PM Traditional Championship Wrestling "Battle Lines" at the Sigur Center in Chalmette, LA. Visit www.MidSouthLegends.com for details.

8 PM - WWNLive Experience: Dragon Gate USA at McAlister Auditorium at Tulane University. Visit www.wwnlive.com/NOLA/ for details.

9:30 PM Colt Cabana & Friends Watch Bad Wrestling Movies at the New Movement Theater. For more, visit http://www.newmovementtheater.com/COLT/.

11:55 PM - WWNLive Experience: Kaiju Big Battel at McAlister Auditorium at Tulane University. Visit www.wwnlive.com/NOLA/ for details.

Saturday 4/5/14:

8 AM WWE AXXESS Session 1 at Ernest N. Morial Convention Center with The Bella Twins, Cesaro, Booker T, Alberto Del Rio, Christian, Cody Rhodes & Goldust, Natalya, Damien Sandow, NXT Tag Team champions The Ascension, WWE NXT Women's champ Paige, Aiden English, Mason Ryan

10 AM Wrestlecon Session 1 at Sugar Mill featuring Edge signing session, Mickie James in concert, Goldberg Q&A, Art of Wrestling podcast with Colt Cabana and more. Visit www.Wrestlecon.com for details.

11 AM - Big E. signing at Wrestlemania Store at New Orleans Convention Center

1 PM WWE AXXESS Session 2 at Ernest N. Morial Convention Center with Kofi Kingston, Mick Foley, Seth Rollins, Dean Ambrose, Ryback, Naomi, Cameron, Mojo Rawley, Sylvester Lefort, Dusty Rhodes, Bo Dallas, CJ Parker, Bayley

2 PM - Ring of Honor at John A. Alario Sr. Event Center at the Bayou Segnette Sports Complex in Westego, LA. Visit www.ROHWrestling.com for details.

3 PM - WWNLIVE Experience: SHIMMER at McAlister Auditorium at Tulane University. Visit www.wwnlive.com/NOLA/ for details.

6 PM - WWE AXXESS Session 3 at Ernest N. Morial Convention Center with The Wyatt Family, Mark Henry, Fandango, Summer Rae, The Usos, Booker T, Darren Young, Emma, Alicia Fox, Corey Graves, Colin Cassidy, Charlotte, Emma, Baron Corbin, Alexa Bliss, Tye Dillinger appearing.

7 PM - 1 AM Wrestlecon Session 2 including $5 Wrestling and loaded independent card with talents from CZW, PWG and more. Kevin Steen vs. Masato Tanaka. Visit www.Wrestlecon.com for details.

8 PM - Dragon Gate USA at McAlister Auditorium at Tulane University. Visit www.wwnlive.com/NOLA/ for details.

8 PM WWE Hall of Fame induction ceremony at New Orleans Arena with inductions of Ultimate Warrior, Carlos Colon, Razor Ramon, Paul Bearer, Lita, Jake Roberts, and Mr. T.

Sunday 4/6/14:

8 AM WWE AXXESS at Ernest N. Morial Convention Center with Big Show, Alberto Del Rio, AJ Lee, Dean Ambrose, The Real Americans, Zeb Colter, Bad News Barrett, Jason Jordan, Troy McClain, William Regal, Adrian Neville, Sasha Banks, Alexander Rusev, Lana, NXT Tag Team champions The Ascension, Adam Rose, Sami Zayn appearing.

10 AM Wrestlecon Session 3 at Sugar Mill featuring Sting signing session, live Kevin Steen Show, live Old School with Steve Corino and more. Visit www.Wrestlecon.com for details.

6:30 PM Wrestlemania 30 at Superdome.

Monday 4/7/14:

7:30 PM WWE Monday Night Raw at the New Orleans Arena.

iOygB3WcMGM4A.gif

....that's a whole lot of wrasslin packed into one week. It's Mania Season, the most wonderful time of the year! Contact your cable or satellite provider!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I legit thought that pic of Taker was shopped to make him look like an ape-thing.

Bryan's winning the fuck out of this.

EDIT: FUCK YOU VINCE, I WAS GONNA GET THE FIRST POST. HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO GET SCREWED? IT'S BEEN HAPPENING SINCE SUMMERSLAM, THIS HAS GOTTA STOP.

SAY HELLO TO YOUR NEW CHAMPION BITCHES

K6r0zQx.png

Brinbe

They've done a hell of a job convincing me that they won't do the completely obvious (Bryan going over) so kudos for that.

Anth0ny

For the love of god someone post that Triple H bury video from Raw tonight.

Then delete the OP and leave only the link of said video.

Bryan is getting that booker T burial at WM.

Every wrestling booking 101 rule says he should win, but that is not how the game is played!

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Should be a fun one. Not wasting Cena on garbage like Rock and actually having him face a future star of the company is great, D-Bry vs HHH will be great and then watching either guy try to somehow prop up both Batista and Orton to a good match will be entertaining as hell.

Biggest bummer is Lesnar vs Taker. No doubt it'll be a great match but there isn't even the faintest of illusions of Taker going down which sucks some life out of it.

Kaladin

For the love of god someone post that Triple H bury video from Raw tonight.

Then delete the OP and leave only the link of said video.

The thread title was inspired by that video, if WWE posts it on Youtube, I'll put a link in there.

RyudBoy

Lesnar vs Taker has had the weakest build to a big time Mania match in recent history. No hype whatsoever.

And DBry is winning the title for sure.

Great work once again Sandman!

You are what's best for business, don't let anyone tell you different.

The go home RAW was terrible but I'm still hyped for Mania

I'll watch it because of the WWE Network. I may even venture into the thread during the live broadcasts to partake in the mania. Also, I will literally have no idea of what is going on storywise.

Showaddy

The show might be pretty shit but the results should be good at least. Bryan & Wyatt to walk out the big winners.

Heel

The title is extremely flawed when you realize that Triple H is carrying a story line for 4 people only in an effort to put Daniel Bryan over clean as a whistle, propelling him into the main event to appease fans.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
The title is extremely flawed when you realize that Triple H is carrying a story line for 4 people only in an effort to put Daniel Bryan over clean as a whistle, propelling him into the main event to appease fans.

You mean doing whats best for business?

bigkrev

The whole problem with the last 2 weeks is that I want to see HHH win the title from Orton and reign until the end of time.

That said, the heat for the HHH-Bryan match should be insane, and Bryan is walking out with the belt.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Heavy is the head that wears the crown

Kaladin

I could really fit this in the OT, but Dragon Gate USA announced a couple of huge cards for Mania weekend after losing their Japanese talent for the weekend:

Dragon Gate USA - Open The Ultimate Gate 2014
April 4th - 8pm CST - Click Here For Tickets - Order The Live iPPV Here

Open The Freedom Gate Title Match
Johnny Gargano defends vs. Ricochet

International Dream Match - Non-Title
EVOLVE Champion Chris Hero vs. Masato Tanaka

Special Attraction Match
Low Ki vs. Trent Baretta

Tag Team Challenge Match (If Bravados Retain At EVOLVE It Will Be A Title Match)
Open The United Gate Champions The Bravado Brothers vs. Anthony Nese & Caleb Konley

Special Tag Team Attraction
Chuck Taylor & Drew Gulak vs. Fire Ant & Green Ant

Grudge Match
AR Fox vs. Mr. A

Special Challenge Match
Rich Swann vs. Biff Busick

Dragon Gate USA - Mercury Rising 2014
April 5th - 8pm CST - Click Here For Tickets - Order The Live iPPV Here

Special Main Event For Live Crowd Only
Bad Influence Of Christopher Daniels & Frankie Kazarian vs. To Be Determiend After Tournament Results

Special Main Event
Open The Freedom Gate Champion Johnny Gargano vs. Low Ki

Six Man Tradition Continues
DGUSA Mercury Rising is known for the Six Man Tag Team Tradition. We are taking it to the next level this year with a Six Man Tag Team Tournament. Each member of the winning team will get to book themselves in any future match they want. The format will see three first round matches. The three winners will then meet in a three-way six man team team mega elimination match!!! Here are the first round matches:

DGUSA Six Man Tournament First Round Match #1
Ricochet, Rich Swann & AR Fox vs. Chris Hero, Roderick Strong & TBA

DGUSA Six Man Tournament First Round Match #2
The Bravado Brothers & Moose vs. Fire Ant, Green Ant & Lince Dorado

DGUSA Six Man Tournament First Round Match #3
Trent Baretta, Anthony Nese & Caleb Konley vs. The Gentleman's Club

DGUSA Six Man Tournament Finals - Elimination Match
Winner Of Match #1 vs. Winner Of Match #2 vs. Winner Of Match #3

Holy fuck.....Low Ki is back.....six man tournament with a three way elimination finals.....holy shit.....holy shit...holy shit.

I want someone to open a hotline telling me that Daniel Bryan is winning it all. I can't take this.

Also, the Network is fucking with me right now, that ain't good Vince....

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Bryan's gonna eat shit, come up short. Remember this post. I'll bet anything that Bryan leaves empty-handed. Even a ban bet.

Kaladin

4 hour PPV for 7 matches?

30 man battle royal and 14? diva match.....those are going to be cluster fucks which just go on for a while.

I actually have a feeling the divas match has potential to steal the show if it's given time and the right person is the agent.

They must, and I repeat must bring back a ladder match... it was the only thing separating Wrestlemania from the other PPV's. They can even keep the MITB PPV, just make the WM ladder match for something different.

So is every match going to get 20 minutes? I'm okay with that. Just wish the tag match was usos vs real Americans vs Rhodes and on the main card

I hope something happens during the pre-show tag team match and we can get Cesaro vs. Swagger during the main PPV. Cesaro face turn.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
This WM may have the worst buildup since 22 or 19. Just terrible. Hell, it's likely worse. Taker's WM buildup is just fucking lazy, and has been for years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom