• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE Backlash 2017 |OT| This PPV Brought To You By India

https://twitter.com/fakejedega/status/866486582727061508

XUVq99N.gif
Mojo Rawley vs Jinder Mahal is going to be a main event in WWE in 2017.

As dumb as this is, it's really not that different then every single transitional champion ever. And to be real, Jinder looks to be a solid heel. His character is 1000x more interesting then Bray or Orton.

tmac456

Jinder and his title reign is going to interest me just as much as Orton's. As in, no interest whatsoever.

AJ/KO are the showcase of Smackdown. Only thing really disappointing is that a guy like Jinder is champion when legit guys like SZ, Cesaro, Cody Rhodes(when he was here) don't sniff titles for the most part. Jinder didn't earn this is what I'm saying, I guess. And that ain't salt, folks.

Toki767

Jinder and his title reign is going to interest me just as much as Orton's. As in, no interest whatsoever.

AJ/KO are the showcase of Smackdown. Only thing really disappointing is that a guy like Jinder is champion when legit guys like SZ, Cesaro, Cody Rhodes(when he was here) don't sniff titles for the most part. Jinder didn't earn this is what I'm saying, I guess. And that ain't salt, folks.

It's never been about earning a title with Vince McMahon.

People are saying he only won cause its a push to get into India

Eh, what do you guys think of Jinder? Does he have what it takes to be champ, or is it just an orchestrated set up?

Cabbie Zayn and Cesaro both suck, there's the problem. Zayn is "smiling babyface" and Cesaro has less personality than a mop (which was proven tonight).

Workrate isn't important in the WWE compared to a look, personality, and charisma.

Tagyhag

Zayn will never be world champion. He somehow looks like a bigger goofball than Daniel Bryan, the King of Dorks.

Doesn't help that WWE continues to hire people that are better wrestlers and/or talkers.

He's like Itami. In a world without Nakamura, I would be excited.

HeavenlyE

Cabbie Zayn and Cesaro both suck, there's the problem. Zayn is "smiling babyface" and Cesaro has less personality than a mop (which was proven tonight).

Workrate isn't important in the WWE compared to a look, personality, and charisma.

Faces are very rarely allowed to actually have personality in the current WWE unless they're a comedy gimmick, could you honestly imagine Jinder being even somewhat entertaining as a face? when his entire look, personality and charisma are simply a copy and paste from every other evil foreigner

tmac456

lol look sure. personality and charisma? we watching the same guy? also is pretty bad in the ring.

let's not act like he's champ for any reasons other than him being huge from that special juice and WWE wanting that India $$$$$$s

lol look sure. personality and charisma? we watching the same guy? also is pretty bad in the ring.

let's not act like he's champ for any reasons other than him being huge from that special juice and WWE wanting that India $$$$$$s
I'd rather they take a chance on someone new and let him sink or swim. Jinder has shown that he can at least talk and he's got a good look. He'll have the belt for a few weeks at least, so let's see how he does.

I never watch wrestling. I watched some of this because I was interested in Nakamura.

My takeaways: the fashion police guys are funny. Their opponents were pretty boring, the crowd got more hyped for the mop than anything they were doing. They should have let the police win. Also, Uso means "lie" in Japanese and 'H' is slang for sex which is random but Nakamura must be like what's up with those guys.

Speaking of whom...maybe I don't get wrestling, but I don't understand the big deal about Nakamura. Like, his intro got me hyped but all he does is make screwfaces and kick people. The evil America dude had way better moves.

Cagey

Banned

"Earn" doesn't mean shit in a scripted TV show.

Sports entertainment is a form of entertainment. The word sports is just to keep the most basic level of pretending it's not a soap opera with spandex and baby oil. It's TV.

Entertainment is what matters. Assuming Zayn Cesaro and Rhodes have earned anything (they haven't) while Mahal hasn't earned anything (he hasn't), what matters is what makes for entertaining television.

It's that simple. It's always been that simple.

Anth0ny

"Earn" doesn't mean shit in a scripted TV show.

Sports entertainment is a form of entertainment. The word sports is just to keep the most basic level of pretending it's not a soap opera with spandex and baby oil. It's TV.

Entertainment is what matters. Assuming Zayn Cesaro and Rhodes have earned anything (they haven't) while Mahal hasn't earned anything (he hasn't), what matters is what makes for entertaining television.

It's that simple. It's always been that simple.

Drawing is what matters, daddeh.

Jinder ain't drawing worth a shit!

sweet jesus

WWE probably doesn't even have 18 good shirts total

Not sure there have been 18 good shirts in the history of the company

I don't own 18 shirts total, and none of mine are wrestling (gag) shirts.

Meh I'm happy with em all.

It's also 19 overall as I have a Mick Foley orignal Cactus Jack shirt too that I got from his comedy tour.

Gonna get more at the house show I'm going to in June.

Not to mention grabbing the Monday Night Revival shirt... assuming Dash and Dawson actually debut it when they come back.

Meh I'm happy with em all.

It's also 19 overall as I have a Mick Foley orignal Cactus Jack shirt too that I got from his comedy tour.

Gonna get more at the house show I'm going to in June.

Not to mention grabbing the Monday Night Revival shirt... assuming Dash and Dawson actually debut it when they come back.

hey, there's nothing wrong with, you know

being a mark

Khrno

Aside from Orton's victory over Bray at WM since it is the most recent one,I only remember to other title victories of Orton: His first title win, I just can't remember his opponent, and the unification title match against Cena, since the Raw segment previous to the ppv was fantastically hijacked by the crowd (and Bryan), and because I thought they would go with Cena.

LOL from jobber to WWE champion in a month.

I'd probably be annoyed if Randy was interesting/entertaining... Or if I haven't already pretty much cut out Smackdown too.

shaowebb

They actually pushed Jinder ...all because he has a look the boys upstairs liked. Welp...thats this year's failed experiment well underway. This is like the Sheamus push of old but with even LESS wrestling ability in the ring by far. Hell Jinder is like Roaddogg tier in terms of his repetoire but Billy Gunn tier in terms of speaking.

This guy is gonna sink ratings faster than anything else could've.

Last night's show in Chicago of all places didn't sell out, Meltzer said tickets basically stopped selling when Jinder became the #1 contender.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
They actually pushed Jinder ...all because he has a look the boys upstairs liked. Welp...thats this year's failed experiment well underway. This is like the Sheamus push of old but with even LESS wrestling ability in the ring by far. Hell Jinder is like Roaddogg tier in terms of his repetoire but Billy Gunn tier in terms of speaking.

I'm going to call it, Jinder Mahal won't make it to the end of June before Nakamura takes the belt away from him.

DMczaf

Last night's show in Chicago of all places didn't sell out, Meltzer said tickets basically stopped selling when Jinder became the #1 contender.

lol already on schedule.

Such a dumb and desperate move by Vince

If crowd response is important and face Cesaro got over with the majority of crowds due to his workrate what's your point? What's the point in saying Zayn or Cesaro suck when they manage to get the audience invested in themselves despite their bad booking.

Looks, personality and charisma don't mean anything either. The only thing that matters is if Vince sees you as drawing an audience not based on facts but based on what his crazy brain is telling him after 50 years of stress and roiding.

Anybody got a gif of when Orton tossed one of the singh brothers on the announce table. The 2nd toss or both..I laughed my ass off on that 2nd one. Orton had the same expression I had except I followed it up with a ton of laughter. Overall, ppv was better than I expected. It was a solid show. Completely skipped the 6 woman tag match, Becky lynch looked fine af with that look though. Also, skipped the Mahal vs Orton match up until the last 3 mins. Styles vs Owens easily match of the night even with the finish being kinda lame but I guess they wanted to protect both guys.

Edit: nvm found the gif lol

DJChuy

I find it hilarious Jinder went from losing the Andre battle royal, which is basically a match filled with jobbers, to becoming the champ.

Top Bottom