• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE Elimination Chamber '17 |OT| Wait, Another PPV Already?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fhqwhgads

20170127_EC_1920x1080_Card_logo--e269ff0ae71a4b4103a0336e9ed677a7.jpg

Start Time: Sunday, Feburary 12 | 8 PMET/5 PMPT
Where: Talking Stick Resort Arena in Phoenix, AZ
Available On: Pay Per View and WWE Network

WWE continues to slowly degrade their speciality match types with Elimination Chamber. At least there's only one match this time.

20170206_EC_Kickoff_Match_MojoHawkins--d6a4117b4902136ea7a3d2cd790b2446.jpg

Kickoff Match: Mojo Rawley Vs Curt Hawkins
WressleGAF's favourite gif Mojo looks to further cement his place as a singles competitor against the oddity that is Curt Hawkins.

20170206_EC_Match_CrewsKalistoZiggler--48307b224f357f2469d3044dcc25916e.jpg

Two on One Handicap Match: Apollo Crews and Kalisto Vs Dolph Ziggler
After weeks of tormenting the two with vicious attacks, Dolph's harsh actions might be his undoing as he takes on his rivals with the odds stacked against him.

20170206_EC_Match_BeckyMickie--523ffa2dafbaed9d9e17f0c305ebc8e7.jpg

Becky Lynch Vs Mickie James
For the first time ever, the inaugural Smackdown Women's Champion will take on the multi-time champion Mickie James one on one.

20170131_EC_Match_tagteams--974e3df539ec447ccaaae0357e945e16.jpg

Smackdown Tag Team Championship Match: American Alpha Vs The Ascension Vs Health Slater and Rhyno Vs The Usos Vs Breezango Vs The Vaudevillians
Smackdown has so many tag teams it doesn't know what to do with them, leading to this Tag Team Turmoil matchup that pits a mixture of former NXT tag champs and Raw tag champs together for the Smackdown Tag Team Titles.

20170131_EC_Match_NataNikki--80626b027eb08f2cd5c9b7f9dbfbf656.jpg

Nikki Bella Vs Natalya
A feud that's been in the works ever since Survivor Series, Nikki sets to settle the score against her repeated attacker Natalya.

20170206_EC_Match_HarperOrton--0fb251a6082b318ec5fa24a508bbccde.jpg

Luke Harper vs Randy Orton
Having recently left the Wyatt Family, Harper has set his sights on Orton ever since leaving, hoping to earn a victory over the man he blames for his break up from the Family.

20170131_EC_Match_BlissNaomi--4b8347c4d96d9b5a21cfcdb03ec4e4d4.jpg

Smackdown Women's Championship Match: Alexa Bliss vs Naomi
Since returning from injury Naomi has been making her mark with several pinfalls over the current champion, seeking out her first taste of championship gold against Bliss.

20170131_EC_Match_6Man--3dca5a316c81aea680e0a6c3bdc5a6cd.jpg

WWE Championship Elimination Chamber Match: John Cena Vs Baron Corbin Vs Dean Ambrose Vs AJ Styles Vs Bray Wyatt Vs The Miz
In one of the most unforgiving structures ever devised in Sports Entertainment, John Cena defends his WWE title against long time foes, current champions and newcomers to the Chamber match.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
in for Bray's first world title, its been a long time coming.

Hoping Harper v Orton is at least good because you know Orton is winning that. The tag team situation is a abobination, what a waste of AA.

in for Bray's first world title, its been a long time coming.

Hoping Harper v Orton is at least good because you know Orton is winning that. The tag team situation is a abobination, what a waste of AA.
I'll be satisfied from this match seeing a
Harper countering an RKO by doing his 3rd strike Alex kick

somedevil

pretty good card with actual storylines.

harper vs. orton will the sleeper match of the night.

hope we get the revival tonight.

I don't know. It looks like from NXT they are
building towards a 3 way tag match at the NXT wrestlemania show.

Placing my bets on Orton beating Harper, interfering in the chamber match to give Bray the title win and THEN he turns on Bray giving him a chamber based beatdown.
Cue master plan promo from Orton on Smackdown where he will go on to defeat Bray once and for all on the grandest stage etc...

#HarperWasRight

pretty good card with actual storylines.

harper vs. orton will the sleeper match of the night.

hope we get the revival tonight.
A tag team turmoil is the perfect place for a debut for sure.

Isn't "Elimination Chamber" just a fancy way of describing the toilet?

When I consider that the last EC match was also pretty much shit this makes more sense.

Velcro Fly

Also it is great that not only are there three women's matches tonight bu they are all more compelling storylines than whatever horseshit RAW is churning out.

gun_haver

Slater should be working singles matches at the IC level and getting promo time, his character in the 2nd half of last year was good. Rhyno did add a lot to that so he should be in on that too.

Don't care about the tag team match other wise, but I find it hard to be interested in tag team matches for whatever reason.

Hope Becky v Mickie is good, hope Naomi v Alexa is good, don't care about Nikki v Natalya, hope Harper v Orton is good, hope the main event is good and don't mind who wins! Would be interested to see what any of them do with it!

I don't get why this card is so boring. Seems like a great opportunity to get your internet dream matches out of the way (Bryan vs Roman) so people are somewhat satisfied for mania.

Edit: At least EC is a SmackDown PPV so we got spared the stories about how Stephanie McMahon built it herself.

I'm kinda excited to see Harper running in a singles match. Really hoping he can grow into something new and not immediately jump back to Wyattdom

I don't get why this card is so boring. Seems like a great opportunity to get your internet dream matches out of the way (Bryan vs Roman) so people are somewhat satisfied for mania.

Edit: At least EC is a SmackDown PPV so we got spared the stories about how Stephanie McMahon built it herself.

The Chamber match kind of takes that idea off the board. It has to have six main event guys in it.

Clegg

The Extreme Elimination Chamber was incredible for how badly WWE misread the fans. CM Punk was eliminated first and the fans proceeded to shit on the rest of the match.

The Extreme Elimination Chamber was incredible for how badly WWE misread the fans. CM Punk was eliminated first and the fans proceeded to shit on the rest of the match.

As I recall it was actually all deliberate to take out any other face favourites (even removing Sabu from the match entirely) so the fans would have no choice but to root for Vinny Macs pet project Lashley at the end.
It of course didn't work as planned.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
As I recall it was actually all deliberate to take out any other face favourites (even removing Sabu from the match entirely) so the fans would have no choice but to root for Vinny Macs pet project Lashley at the end.

so like Bryan in that Rumble? and Roman now etc?

I thought that happened because RVD got pulled over with Drugs just after One Night Stand, so Vince was determined to hand pick the champ himself without giving a fuck.

^ Well that was a good 6 months prior, they already had Big Show take the belt off RVD when that happened but I guess his thought process of fuck the ECW guys could've endured.

so like Bryan in that Rumble? and Roman now etc?

It serves to remind us all that Vince has been pulling this shit for years, only reason Lashley trailed off was because some backstage kerfuffle involving his then girlfriend and SD backstage interviewer Krystal that had Lashley up and leave.
Considering Lashley was in a ppv title match with Cena merely a month prior to this I'm sure his push would only have got stronger.

I wonder if Vince ran into an internal dilemma with his love of overpushing his faves combined with his love of messing with couples in the business.

The first Chamber PPV I saw after starting to watch wrestling again had Kofi Kingston, R-Truth, Santino, and Wade Barrett in chamber matches.

And those were both world title matches. Plus that show was dual branded so you could stack talent and still have big matches left over. These six are the world title contenders and no one else would make sense in this match.

Clegg

I wouldn't mind seeing Lashley back in WWE. He has improved as a wrestler in the 10 years he hes been gone and his MAMA experience adds a bit of legitimacy to the inevitably tough man gimmick he'd have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom