• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE Elimination Chamber '17 |OT| Wait, Another PPV Already?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bill0527

Bray was due but I'm still fucking annoyed. I was holding out hope for an AJ swerve victory so that our wrestler of the year would get a main event slot at Mania instead of getting one of the piss break slots at the event.

Heroman

Banned
Mats inside the elimination chamber? Really? Are they trying to remove all risk from wrestling? Wrestlers these days seem more afraid of breaking a nail than they do actually entertaining people.

It's getting to the point where the bumps aren't even being sold because of crap like this, why do they need a mat on the steel?
It really doesn't matter if there mats or no mats, bumping on them still hurts.

Kinda hard when they're posted repeatedly in this very thread.

Honestly the only way to stay clean is to go completely dark before an event starts, and even if you start reading the reactions as soon as the event starts there's a risk.

Might be a good idea to keep the sheetz and scoops in the community thread as opposed to PPV threads? It'd sound good to me, but I bet that rule would get ignored.

EDIT: actually the sheetz are half the discussion we get so this probably wouldn't work.

Mahonay

Banned
Beat cena(with just 1 sister Abigail)
And AJ Styles in the same match

What a push to Wyatt
It's almost as if booking someone strong that the crowd actually likes is a smart thing to do.

Getting Bray away from RAW (where MAKE ROMAN STRONG has been the order of the day for 3 years) helped make this possible

Sephzilla

The only thing about the EC match that upset me was Miz losing to literally one move - a move that everyone kicks out of these days, too

It's almost as if booking someone strong that the crowd actually likes is a smart thing to do.

Getting Bray away from RAW (where MAKE ROMAN STRONG has been the order of the day for 3 years) helped make this possible

Amazing that Bray was an after thought literally a year ago and now he's WWE Champion.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Leak? It was the most obvious outcome after Orton won the Royal Rumble.

I specifically got Naomi winning spoiled by this thread, out in the open without spoiler tags too, which was one of the less predictable outcomes from the card.

Syder

I specifically got Naomi winning spoiled by this thread, out in the open without spoiler tags too, which was one of the less predictable outcomes from the card.
Sorry that got spoiled for you but I was in here LIVE and I don't care about hearing from dirt sheets and I still missed anyone saying Naomi would win.
It was a pleasant surprise.

hlhbk

I really envy wrestling fans that don't follow the dirt sheets. I wish I could close that Pandora's box for myself. I'm starting to understand why wrestling fans on the internet are such hateful smarky assholes.

I follow the dirt sheets. I read them every few days. I literally haven't seen that match with the miz talked about anywhere. It would make no sense considering the feud Nikki is in now.

Mahonay

Banned
True. It kills my want to go into the main thread. I'd like to discuss current and past wrestling in a place without people using leaks etc all over.
Not really possible in this day in age. Especially with WWE, where half of the enjoyment is in dissecting their booking practices. A lot of the time the product on it's own is just simply not good enough to fully enjoy at it's face value. Even if I didn't talk about future booking plans or backstage going-ons, I don't think I could just watch RAW on a weekly basis and leave it at that. It's too shitty. That said, I personally just stick to Smackdown these days.

There's stuff like NJPW where I'll watch and enjoy it with out worrying or looking into how all of the booking is being done. Because it's actually well done and not bafflingly stupid.

Mats inside the elimination chamber? Really? Are they trying to remove all risk from wrestling? Wrestlers these days seem more afraid of breaking a nail than they do actually entertaining people.

It's getting to the point where the bumps aren't even being sold because of crap like this, why do they need a mat on the steel?

It was one of the best if not the best Elimination Chamber matches... it was incredibly entertaining, are you saying you need bumps on steel to be entertained? The mats allowed for a much wider variation of spots to boot.

I follow the dirt sheets. I read them every few days. I literally haven't seen that match with the miz talked about anywhere. It would make no sense considering the feud Nikki is in now.

Did you see EC? The seeds were planted with Maryse getting powder thrown on her by Nikki and Cena pinning Miz

I don't need to see wrestlers take unnecessary bumps on fucking steel for my entertainment. I'm not some sort of weirdo deathmatch fan. The padding is probably as generous as the padding they use outside the ring on normal nights (which is to say, not as much as you might think).

He's seriously the drizzling shits. Some commentators are annoying. Otunga is legitimately unbearable.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCir...ou_accept_kayfabe_jbl_as_a_lovable_alcoholic/

As a side note, it also enhances kayfabe drunk JBL's interactions with kayfabe David "Aspergers" Otunga and the other members of the commentary team.
JBL is too drunk to recognize Otunga is on the spectrum, and Otunga's disability prevents him from recognizing the social cues of alcoholism. They have zero connection, as shows during commentary.
Mauro Ranallo is a functioning narcissist, and couldn't give two shits about the people to his left and right.
Phillips is a court appointed custodian for the three of them, to ensure they don't physically hurt anyone.

Otunga should be a obnoxious manager/lawyer for Mojo when he finally turns his current character into the obnoxious heel version. It would guarantee boos for all involved. I would still hate both, but I think I would like to watch too.

kiguel182

The tease for the Miz v Bryan match that will never happen is really a bummer. I wish Bryan could wrestle, man it would be so great.

Lyng

The only thing about the EC match that upset me was Miz losing to literally one move - a move that everyone kicks out of these days, too

That was my favourite part. Keep him as a jobber please. Great on the mic, but man his wrestling is a mix of botched moves and fake looking shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom