• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE Elimination Chamber '17 |OT| Wait, Another PPV Already?

Status
Not open for further replies.
WrestleMania is going to be such a clusterfuck this year. Including preshow there's about 14-15 matches you can do if rumored stuff like
AJ vs Shane, Shaq vs Big Show, Nikki/Cena vs Maryse/Miz
happen.

I could easily see both women's titles being triple threats or 4way matches, and I dont even know if tag titles get defended. What a mess.

somedevil

Naomi got a Triple H pic but they kept kafabe with Bray and he just got a tweet:

C4hBQznUEAAy6wH.jpg

Mahonay

Banned
Haven't seen that Arena fired up in a awhile. Last time I went to a WWE PPV in the Arena with 1004 Names, it was Royal Rumble 2013 aka Setting up Twice in a Lifetime.

I also skipped all the things between then and now.

Hot damn, that place was insane. They were quiet til the end of Becky-Mickie and AC-Ziggy but shit, that was amazing.

People were excited that Cena wasn't leaving the champ and of course, Wyatt won.

I was actually shocked at the audience responding to Naomi but was kickass.

4/5 if only because I missed out on a huge chunk of AC-Ziggy in order to get Peter Piper.
Crowd seemed hot as hell tonight.

Toki767

WrestleMania is going to be such a clusterfuck this year. Including preshow there's about 14-15 matches you can do if rumored stuff like
AJ vs Shane, Shaq vs Big Show, Nikki/Cena vs Maryse/Miz
happen.

I could easily see both women's titles being triple threats or 4way matches, and I dont even know if tag titles get defended. What a mess.

They'll just aim for 10 hours instead of 5.

And then end up with 12 hours.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
if they did that at Mania with him beating taken, he could be the most hated heal since Ted Dibiase.

have the Usos help him cheat to win and then beatdown Taker, it writes itself. Samoan super stable, hell put Nia Jax in there aswell

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
I will never understand Shane vs AJ, how does that make sense kayfabe wise, will AJ think Shane was out to get him?

Toki767

I don't understand why HHH feels the need to get a picture with every new champion. Even if they were never part of his NXT.

It was cool the first couple times. But now it's kind of silly when he's supposed to be a heel.

somedevil

I remember Triple H and Bray had a pretty legit staredown at the rumble last year. Too bad that's not likely to ever be followed up.

Was that around his face turn that stopped do to him getting injured?

I don't understand why HHH feels the need to get a picture with every new champion. Even if they were never part of his NXT.
It was cool the first couple times. But now it's kind of silly when he's supposed to be a heel.

He didn't do one with Bray.

They've explained that HHH the wrestler and HHH the office guy are kinda different....

Only the Destroyer is a heel. The Creator is a face.

Rockandrollclown

lookwhatyou'vedone
I will never understand Shane vs AJ, how does that make sense kayfabe wise, will AJ think Shane was out to get him?

I'm really starting to dislike Shane the wrestler. He goes toe to toe with Undertaker, and outlasted a lot of legit wrestlers in the survivor series match. He's the epitome of booking part timers to be stronger than main roster folks. Oh, and he's shit in the ring.

GunBR

AJ never got his rematch against Cena after losing the title at Rumble and probably won't get now that Bray has the title

It's not a great reason, but that's the kayfabe reason

Look, here's the thing about Wyatt/Orton that makes it more exciting than most of the other potential matches on the WM card.

No, it probably won't be a great match in the grand scheme of things, but the one thing it will have is some MANY months of storytelling behind it, and that's cool. As much as we all shat on the Wyatt/Orton story at the beginning with all the weird horror stuff, they stuck to their guns and the whole family has been a lot of fun to watch since last year.

If Randy turns on Wyatt like it was foretold months upon months upon months ago, at least it'll have some weight to it thanks to how consistently they've told the story.

I'll take a mediocre match with a good set up over some random spectacle GOLDBERG V LESNAR CAUSE WHY NOT style match any day of the year.

Bray's WM31 scarecrow entrance in the dark would have been amazing for his Mania title match.

edit: Also, I think it's really weird to win the title AND point to the Wrestlemania sign. I don't like pointing to the sign but you just won the fucking title. That;s the only thing in kayfabe he should care about.

Great PPV, happy to see Naomi and Bray win the titles. I cant wait to see Alexa come back around. I neeeeeeeeeed Bray to go over Randy at Mania for this to be worth it though.

Look, here's the thing about Wyatt/Orton that makes it more exciting than most of the other potential matches on the WM card.

No, it probably won't be a great match in the grand scheme of things, but the one thing it will have is some MANY months of storytelling behind it, and that's cool. As much as we all shat on the Wyatt/Orton story at the beginning with all the weird horror stuff, they stuck to their guns and the whole family has been a lot of fun to watch since last year.

If Randy turns on Wyatt like it was foretold months upon months upon months ago, at least it'll have some weight to it thanks to how consistently they've told the story.

I'll take a mediocre match with a good set up over some random spectacle GOLDBERG V LESNAR CAUSE WHY NOT style match any day of the year.

Goldberg vs Lesnar has been getting built since WrestleMania XX by your logic. Randy Orton being master infiltrator and Bray being too dumb to see his family getting dissolved is not great storytelling.

cLOUDo

It's stunning to look at the roster and then look at the matchups they have for the biggest card of the year. Feels like they hit the randomize button for Wrestlemania six months ago.

Aj styles vs Nakamura in a last man standing match at the main event of wrestleMania

A man can dream

J-Rzez

Not looking forward to WM without Balor or Shinsuke getting bumped up. AJ can't carry this all on his own for cool matches. He's been doing well making his opponents look good, don't get me wrong. But it would be nice to see him wrestle some equal talent.

And the only turning I want to see Roman do is turning in his contract. He can't speak, he can't heel, he can't face, and he can't wrestle. People don't cheer for him, barely boo him, they just get upset that he's a waste of a body space in the ring.

Goldberg vs Lesnar has been getting built since WrestleMania XX by your logic. Randy Orton being master infiltrator and Bray being too dumb to see his family getting dissolved is not great storytelling.

Goldberg vs Lesnar has been a handful of promos (half of them with a single dude standing in a ring, one of them a glorified advertisement for a video game), a squash match, and like 20 seconds at the RR.

It's wrestling. Of course somebody is acting dumb so it works. My point is that it's at least been entertaining and they've done something with the Wyatts. Winning tag gold, winning the rumble, winning the championship, various feuds etc.

I'm not saying it'll be great. I'm saying of the potential card, it's the match I don't mind watching vs everything else so far.

I could have sworn this was a thing last year when he won the title at the Rumble.

It seems like a thing the internet would do... but I could not find a photoshoot.

I think Google does not understand what I want :(

edit - I see the stuff above now. Well done Internet! Well done Cathy!

UberTag

They could just more prominently feature their black wrestlers and....never mind.

Well...at least Percy Watson isn't so bad.
I didn't even realize Percy was back in a color commentator role until you mentioned it here. That's awesome.

Aj styles vs Nakamura in a last man standing match at the main event of wrestleMania

A man can dream
The only way you're getting that match on WrestleMania weekend is if it happens at an NXT Takeover event the night before.

Jerm411

Not looking forward to WM without Balor or Shinsuke getting bumped up. AJ can't carry this all on his own for cool matches. He's been doing well making his opponents look good, don't get me wrong. But it would be nice to see him wrestle some equal talent.

And the only turning I want to see Roman do is turning in his contract. He can't speak, he can't heel, he can't face, and he can't wrestle. People don't cheer for him, barely boo him, they just get upset that he's a waste of a body space in the ring.

The entire show is a complete clusterfuck....what's appealing if you look at honestly...Bray/Orton? Not to me but I guess I can see it. Goldberg/Lesnar? Whatever. If Taker was 10 yrs. younger I'd be looking forward to him and Roman....

Jopie

Bray is keeping that title until Mania...2018. If they can keep him strong for a year, that could make Cena's record breaking title win come against someone who had a 13 month reign.

Toki767

Bray is keeping that title until Mania...2018. If they can keep him strong for a year, that could make Cena's record breaking title win come against someone who had a 13 month reign.

I have a feeling Cena's 17th title win will be against Reigns somehow.

UberTag

I'm really starting to dislike Shane the wrestler. He goes toe to toe with Undertaker, and outlasted a lot of legit wrestlers in the survivor series match. He's the epitome of booking part timers to be stronger than main roster folks. Oh, and he's shit in the ring.
Shane the wrestler has only had one decent match that wasn't a spotfest where he fell off some giant apparatus. And that involved Kurt Angle flinging him through glass.

Nobody that marked out at Shane's return last year was excited to see the return of Shane the wrestler.
They marked out at the idea that the WWE's stale booking might change. That didn't happen.

Toki767

Shane the wrestler has only had one decent match that wasn't a spotfest where he fell off some giant apparatus. And that involved Kurt Angle flinging him through glass.

Nobody that marked out at Shane's return last year was excited to see the return of Shane the wrestler.
They marked out at the idea that the WWE's stale booking might change. That didn't happen.

He had a pretty decent match against Test.

That's the only one I can think of aside from the Angle match though.

cordy

Banned

Dean-Ambrose-WWE-Champion.jpg

He's losing the title to Ambrose.

They were scheduled to feud last year when Ambrose was champion but they held off on it. Now we see Wyatt's champion so Ambrose will eventually face him for the belt. People can hate on Ambrose all they want but he's still the strongest most protected guy on SD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom