• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE Elimination Chamber '17 |OT| Wait, Another PPV Already?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank god I'm not the only one.
We out here, fam!
tumblr_n8da54GYKp1rnjfjfo1_r1_400.gif

UberTag

They really need Kurt Angle to teach American Alpha how to cut a damn promo... if there's any hope of salvaging either of these guys.

I think he has a shit ton of potential with a heel turn, that and I imagine his matches will be less gunning for pops Superman Punch spam and more power game as a result.

I can see myself getting behind him if they just pull that damn trigger, he's well rounded, just needs to shake off that whole "Shield Man in 2017, pls cheer for him dammit".

Perfect inbuilt heel turn motivations, new music, new look etc.

The night he went berserk on god I mean Triple H, wish they would have continued down that path with him. A heel turn would be perfect for him, but in a way he's already a heel since the crowd always shits on him.

But that's the WWE for you these days, the faces get booed and the heels get cheered.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
btw the way AJ ragdolled when he took Sister Abigail was fantastic.

Good lord he is good.

Bryan's gonna end up with his contract frozen at home again. lol

there is another one about Angle becoming Raw's new GM

That's an Inquisitr rumor, so I question the veracity of it.

Where you see that fam? Hit me up with the details.

So here's the deal. Some guy showed up on Reddit in early January and started saying stuff. Now typically I'd say "lol reddit rumors", but he's called everything over the past month. He said Orton was winning the Rumble, facing Bray at WM, and Goldberg was facing Owens at Fastlane. This was weeks before Meltzer ever said anything about any of that.

And now he's all but saying
Roman is turning the night after WM.

Syder

Why is it the shittest storylines have the longest-term booking? Natty and Nikki having been feuding since Survivor Series.
It's Golden Truth all over again.

That rumour makes sense. Its clear thats where they are headed.

but they should start now. yet they book
him like a sympy guy still. He shouldn't beat Braun

So
Wyatt vs Orton
Goldberg vs Lesnar
Aj styles vs Shane
Roman vs undertaker
Cena/Nikki vs miz/maryse

Oh boy

It's stunning to look at the roster and then look at the matchups they have for the biggest card of the year. Feels like they hit the randomize button for Wrestlemania six months ago.

That rumour makes sense. Its clear thats where they are headed.

but they should start now. yet they book
him like a sympy guy still. He shouldn't beat Braun

I think if he does
beat Braun, it's the same reason he already had a match with Joe. They want to give him that win before he turns because they don't want to give it to anyone else and he can't do it as a heel.

But yeah, a match with Undertaker seems like a clear prelude to a heel turn if that's the plan.

cordy

Banned
So here's the deal. Some guy showed up on Reddit in early January and started saying stuff. Now typically I'd say "lol reddit rumors", but he's called everything over the past month. He said Orton was winning the Rumble, facing Bray at WM, and Goldberg was facing Owens at Fastlane. This was weeks before Meltzer ever said anything about any of that.

And now he's all but saying
Roman is turning the night after WM.

THANK GOD.

I believe it.

Toki767

They could just more prominently feature their black wrestlers and....never mind.

Well...at least Percy Watson isn't so bad.

He's...pretty bad. He needs to stop acting like he hangs out with all the wrestlers outside of the ring because he just gets called out on it by Graves and now by Nigel.

Thorakai

Attempted? Try successful. Bray was RED HOT going into that feud. Cena killed ALL of his momentum. That burial succeeded w/o a hitch.

Somebody on here said it best: It was like Bray's loyalty to the company was being tested or something. All that hell he caught paid off. Congrats again to him.

To be fair, it was Cena that was elevating that helped elevate Bray during that feud. The idea of Bray vs Cena being the Mania match was pretty hilarious when the rumors started to hit.

I think if he does
beat Braun, it's the same reason he already had a match with Joe. They want to give him that win before he turns because they don't want to give it to anyone else and he can't do it as a heel.

But yeah, a match with Undertaker seems like a clear prelude to a heel turn if that's the plan.

It doesn't currently make sense. He's a major
douchebag
, and he does it well but
having Joe and Braun bully him dont help him. It doesn't matter if he's hated. Storyline wise, you have to feel bad for a guy who gets trashed by bigger bullies

He really should be douching it up with subtleties.

ReiGun

He's...pretty bad. He needs to stop acting like he hangs out with all the wrestlers outside of the ring because he just gets called out on it by Graves and now by Nigel.

He's got room to grow. At the very least, he has wit and energy - which Otunga and Saxton sorely lack.

Tall4Life

Roman is shoot one of my favorite wrestlers in the world today, not even trolling

I'm excited for him to put down the Undertaker once and for all and become a legendary heel

mreddie

Haven't seen that Arena fired up in a awhile. Last time I went to a WWE PPV in the Arena with 1004 Names, it was Royal Rumble 2013 aka Setting up Twice in a Lifetime.

I also skipped all the things between then and now.

Hot damn, that place was insane. They were quiet til the end of Becky-Mickie and AC-Ziggy but shit, that was amazing.

People were excited that Cena wasn't leaving the champ and of course, Wyatt won.

I was actually shocked at the audience responding to Naomi but was kickass.

4/5 if only because I missed out on a huge chunk of AC-Ziggy in order to get Peter Piper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom