• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE Extreme Rules '17 |OT| Broken Tables, Broken Dreams, No Broken Hardyz :(

fhqwhgads

Showhub_ExtrememRules2017--5b4fb4022ad85b61e85eb5b016b74066.jpg

Venue: Royal Farms Arena in Baltimore Maryland,
When to Watch: 4th June at 5PM Pacific time and 8PM Eastern time.
Where to Watch: On Pay Per View and WWE Network for only 9.99 a month! You might get a free month or something.

WHO'S READY TO GET EXTREME
llqDNxY.gif

STEEL CAGE MATCH EXTREEEEME
tumblr_nngykuIjDh1sbzhteo1_400.gif

THROWAWAY MIXED TAG TEAM MATCH EXTREEEEEME
jZvZJQ2.gif

KENDO STICK ON A POLE MATCH FROM 2000 WCW EXTREEEEME
giphy.gif

STILL NO SIGN OF THE UNIVERSAL TITLE EXTREEEEEEEE
20170604_1920x1080_kickoff_kalistocrews--840b2e9b191d05f1a7cdae0dc822a3ad.jpg

Preshow Match: Kalisto Vs Apollo Crews
Because the Superstar Shakeup was so good, we're going to make two guys who already did stuff together do MORE stuff together!
20170529_1920x1080_BanksSwannDarFox--814bb74624ec1e8289d9440e5943052e.jpg

Mixed Tag Match: Rich Swann and Sasha Banks Vs Noam Dar and Alicia Fox
Instead of Bayley Vs Sasha we get Sasha Vs Alicia. Also the Crusierweights are still a thing. Maybe Swann's dancing will be good at least.
20170519_1920x1080_NevilleAries--0cfb807225d4e0c71ca136280f4c9b4e.jpg

Submission Match for the Cruiserweight Championship: Neville Vs Austin Aries
Now we're getting to the good matches. Weird out of nowhere stipulation aside, this has the best chance of being the match of the night, so keep your eyes on em.
20170519_1920x1080_ER_TAG--8903c81a5365ad33dc9e62506852e005.jpg

Steel Cage Match for the Raw Tag Team Championships: The Hardy Boyz Vs Cesaro & Sheamus
Matt's sorta broken still and Jeff is going to kill himself again. That's more than enough to get you excited about the match. Plus Shesaro is still very entertaining, so that's a plus.
20170519_1920x1080_AlexaBayley--de8d05d396ec1d31f75b911f147b8b4d.jpg

Kendo Stick on a Pole Match for the Raw Women's Championship: Alexa Bliss Vs Bayley
Hot off the heels from already a "Worst raw segment of the year" candidate, we get to see the dreams of bad booking come to life.
20170519_1920x1080_AmbroseMiz--9085933bb737eed886ce99b3da831586.jpg

Intercontinental Championship Match with the stipulation in which if Dean Ambrose is disqualified he will lose the title: Dean Ambrose Vs The Miz
This is dumb. Remember when Miz made the IC title look like a million bucks last year? I miss those times.
20170519_1920x1080_ER_5Man--e8acc004ee10a902dc686b18aac62169.jpg

Fatal Five Way to determine the Number One Contender for the Universal Championship Match: Bray Wyatt Vs Seth Rollins Vs Roman Reigns Vs Finn Balor Vs Samoa Joe
With Bork not appearing until the next wonderfully titled PPV, we get a multi man clustertruck instead! Multi matches are always no DQ though, so expect some table spots at the very least.

ReiGun

These are some of the least "extreme" stipulations ever. The Ambrose/Miz one is especially out of place.

Im really tired of the Broken Hardyz. Fans and Matt are desperately clinging onto the broken references like the stale ass meme it is.

It's over, get over it, the Hardyz are back to being a boring nostalgic act that will coast on their history because the writing is too poor to do any better

Tagyhag

Wait, why are Kalisto and Apollo fighting each other? Weren't they getting their ass beat by Ziggler?

All you need to tell me is that the white guy pulled some strings in the background to make the minorities fight each other and this work is becoming too real for my tastes.

Wait, why are Kalisto and Apollo fighting each other? Weren't they getting their ass beat by Ziggler?

All you need to tell me is that the white guy pulled some strings in the background to make the minorities fight each other and this work is becoming too real for my tastes.
Kalisto jobbed to Titus who's coaching Apollo or something.

Now Nakamura has inherited the role of minority being beat up by Ziggler.

joker3782

Neo Member
I love how this is called Extreme rules, in which one of the matches involves one person not being able to get themselves disqualified, or else they lose their title. SO EXTREME!!!!!

GeeTeeCee

I'll watch for the Cruiserweight match, the Hardys, and the vague hope that it isn't humanly possible to make a PPV more disappointing and dull than Backlash.

MC Safety

Why bother putting a KENDO STICK ON A POLE?

Aren't there 10 chairs, five tables, and probably three or four kendo sticks under the ring?

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
I went to ROH in chicago last night, and I forgot what it's like to see really good wrestling. What an amazing show.

Extreme Rules 2017 doesn't have a single match I care to see, which is something i havent said in such a long time. Most of the time there is at least one match.

I should be excited for Nevlle vs Aries, but the CWD is a joke since they don't let them actually wrestle.

So Maryse will attack Miz, Cole will scream "OHHHHHH MYYYYYYY!" as they all act like the biggest dumbasses and wonder if Maryse has turned on Miz, until Miz is announced as the new IC champion and Miz and Maryse make out at the top of the ramp.

Ambrose vs. Miz with Maryse banned from ringside at Great Piles of Shit next month.

So Maryse will attack Miz, Cole will scream "OHHHHHH MYYYYYYY!" as they all act like the biggest dumbasses and wonder if Maryse has turned on Miz, until Miz is announced as the new IC champion and Miz and Maryse make out at the top of the ramp.

Ambrose vs. Miz with Maryse banned from ringside at Great Piles of Shit next month.
Your avatar is amazing.

Raw64life

I still can't believe they picked a PPV called Extreme Rules to have a match with even stricter DQ rules than normal.

I hope Maryse gets ejected or there will be some explanation why she's out there and not immediately slapping the Miz as soon as the bell rings to give him the title.

Cruiserweight, tag and main event could be decent I guess? Still hard to get excited about this.

El-Suave

Not too excited for the card but the Miz/Ambrose DQ rule gets far too much hate. I remember Christian had such a match against Orton back in the day in his "one more match" angle when he spit in his face making him snap. Wasn't that bad...

Slizz

Said it before, I'll say it again. The Ambrose Miz match will only be good IF the Drifter comes out and attacks the Miz and gets Ambrose DQ'ed. Then we enter then era of Drifter.

The best thing to do is to pull the Maryse slaps Miz five seconds into the match card straight away. Kurt comes out and restarts the match with no DQ.

About go watch Wonder Woman, probably won't get back until the show is almost over.

But seems like I won't be missing much since there doesn't seem to be a lot of matches with "extreme" stipulations anyways 😕

Tom Nook

Damn..found this thread on the 2nd page.

No hype for this.

Anyway, I want Finn vs Brock at Great Balls of Fire.

Top Bottom