• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE Payback 2000 |OT| Featuring The Hardy Boyz and Papa Roach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Wow the Hardys already hitting the bottom of the barrel getting booked against Golden Truth? That was a short run.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
So in terms of any sort of booking and story telling, this has to be the most throwaway PPV WWE has had in years.
I'm trying to figure out if I should bother with this one.

Charly and JoJo tonight

QONVIyz.gif

UberTag

So in terms of any sort of booking and story telling, this has to be the most throwaway PPV WWE has had in years.
I'm trying to figure out if I should bother with this one.
If you have to ask yourself that question, the answer is no. Always.

How can you not get behind his "desperately clinging to his past gimmick but not able to embody it" persona?
Wannabe Broken Matt Hardy

It's because I loved the Version 1 gimmick. He should have come back as Version 2 until he broke and came back with his awesome theme.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
yay I can watch it, we did it Beefy!

;_;

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
What is the deal with Matt Hardy right now. He's not Broken, but he's not normal either.

word is that WWE settled with the Owl for the Broken rights so he should be Broken sooner or later

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
If you have to ask yourself that question, the answer is no. Always.

At the same time, I have a database project to finish up before tomorrow so this shouldn't cause any worthwhile distractions.
Still there is not one match on this card I remotely care what happens. Maybe they can put on a good show with the pressure completely off. I mean the fuckery for the HOH match could approach new paradigm levels

Auraela

Banned
cesaro and sheamus have really made this work so well, everyone was so down on them going against each other and since becoming a tag team has become a great watch

gaiadyne

cesaro and sheamus have really made this work so well, everyone was so down on them going against each other and since becoming a tag team has become a great watch

I'm still salty about Foley forcing them to be a tag team versus giving them both a world title shot

UberTag

It's because I loved the Version 1 gimmick. He should have come back as Version 2 until he broke and came back with his awesome theme.
That would make more sense. What value is there in Matt "breaking" if he's waxing nostalgic quoting all of his broken nonsense for weeks beforehand?

Rhaknar

was that Hannibal there for a second?

I can't help but feel bad for Bray. His character's really difficult but he's made it work, he can go in the ring but most of his opponents make him look like shit, and he has to have some of the worst booking in WWE history. They try and push him as some Taker level mystic threat but he loses every feud he's in.

That would make more sense. What value is there in Matt "breaking" if he's waxing nostalgic quoting all of his broken nonsense for weeks beforehand?

I get it from his perspective because he enjoys it. But the powers that be really need to stop pushing people on the main roster based on what they did in NXT or the indies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom