• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

#Xboxnoise - Kinectless Xbox Ones may have a problem?

Neil_J_UK

This is the exact same sound as my white Sunset OD console. Only hear it during gameplay, not using apps or watching TV. But this noise sounds like the hard drive video I posted. Is it just the brand of hd Microsoft uses?

This is the exact same noise I get on my White Sunset OD console. Going back to the shop to replace it tomorrow.

Neil_J_UK

I'm hoping that they will let me switch it for a black Xbox One... I mean, if they give me a new SO bundle, it will have another SO code right?

I was banned when the update went up but after a few weeks with the update I can say the coil whine is quieter but not removed entirely.

I just dont play my xbox enough to care at this point. Long as its not a sign of further damage, its whatever.

Gamezone

Gold Member
The coil whining got better with the new updates, but still isn`t completely gone. When it`s my console is "off" in instant on mode, I can still tiny bits of coil whining. It`s also making coil whining noises when im turning it on and off.

x Maiku x

So, what does a normal Xbox One without any problems sound like? I just got one and I'm trying to figure out if the noise mine is making is normal or not. There is a pretty faint but consistent noise both in the dashboard and during gameplay. It's definitely not the fans. And while it's still quiet compared to a lot of other consoles, I'm still wondering if it's normal because of this being a known issue and many people saying Xbox One is silent. I guess it's worth mentioning I don't sit that far from it. Is this just the standard noise level?

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
So, what does a normal Xbox One without any problems sound like? I just got one and I'm trying to figure out if the noise mine is making is normal or not. There is a pretty faint but consistent noise both in the dashboard and during gameplay. It's definitely not the fans. And while it's still quiet compared to a lot of other consoles, I'm still wondering if it's normal because of this being a known issue. I guess it's worth mentioning I don't sit that far from it. Is this just the standard noise level?

You can sometimes hear the HDD clicking. Is it that or more like a constant noise?

x Maiku x

You can sometimes hear the HDD clicking. Is it that or more like a constant noise?

I do hear the HDD sometimes but this sound is different. It sounds like something constantly spinning pretty quickly. It seems like it's consistent and doesn't seem to change much, if it does at all. I didn't think it was the fans, but maybe it's the spinning of them or one of them? It sounds different from my laptop fans, for example. The actual air flow is very quiet while the spinning noise is very faint but noticeable. It's the only thing I really hear aside from the hum of the power brick which might actually be just as loud. The disc drive appears to be quieter than both, I think. Even so, this spinning noise is still pretty quiet. Maybe I'm reading into it too much but I'm still wondering if this is normal or what it might be.

Top Bottom