• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles announced for Europe (dual language voice)

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Shed_a_Ninja said:
That says nothing about using Super Smash Bros. Brawl in order to get region free.

I see Star Wolf already got it, but...

Thread links GWHT
Click: Install a region-free application to allow running import discs

Your options:
USB Loader -- install any game, in region or not, on a USB drive.
Gecko OS -- just boot out-of-region discs.

Click either. Under what you should install first on the page:
Homebrew channel

To install Homebrew channel, you need a Launch method

Launch method:
- My Wii is US or PAL and I have or can rent Lego Indiana Jones from my region
- My Wii is US or Japan and I have or can rent Super Smash Bros Brawl from my region
- My Wii is US or Japan and I have or can rent Yu-Gi-Oh: Some Garbage from my region

Click appropriate launch method, follow instructions to launch installer, follow homebrew channel instructions, follow Gecko OS or USB Loader instructions. Ba-da bing ba-da boom.

Vinci

Danish
Good lord, NOA, how badly do you suck? I'm modding the hell out of my Wii later this year because you jackasses can't get around to doing your damn jobs. Even if you announce it at E3, I'm still buying the Europe version just to spite you.

Wow I'll be damned, I really never thought this would happen. Guess that's the end of my little translaiton project. Oh well, it was fun killing time!

Every RPG fan should play this game. The exploration aspects in particular are incredible.

There is not enough "Those Who Bear Their Name" up ins.

squall211

Well if Xenoblade and Last Story make it to the west, those games along w/Dragon Quest X might push me to get a Wii eventually.

Stumpokapow said:
I see Star Wolf already got it, but...

Thread links GWHT
Click: Install a region-free application to allow running import discs

Your options:
USB Loader -- install any game, in region or not, on a USB drive.
Gecko OS -- just boot out-of-region discs.

Click either. Under what you should install first on the page:
Homebrew channel

To install Homebrew channel, you need a Launch method

Launch method:
- My Wii is US or PAL and I have or can rent Lego Indiana Jones from my region
- My Wii is US or Japan and I have or can rent Super Smash Bros Brawl from my region
- My Wii is US or Japan and I have or can rent Yu-Gi-Oh: Some Garbage from my region

Click appropriate launch method, follow instructions to launch installer, follow homebrew channel instructions, follow Gecko OS or USB Loader instructions. Ba-da bing ba-da boom.

I severely benefit from it being Super Smash Bros. Brawl because that is the only Japanese game that I own for my (mostly) useless Japanese Wii. Now it will no longer be useless.

Thanks GAF!

RPGCrazied

Theres still E3 right? -_- So they are going to get some actors from over here, to voice the game, than not release it here? Ya... okay.

RPGCrazied said:
Theres still E3 right? -_- So they are going to get some actors from over here, to voice the game, than not release it here? Ya... okay.

Maybe the voice actors will be English speakers from...England?

When people say "modding" their Wii, I hope they know that they can put the Homebrew Channel on it and Gecko or w/e is being used these days...

I feel like playing my Euro Disaster Day of Crisis to celebrate ;o

RPGCrazied said:

Disaster Day of Crisis had American voice actors. Reuben Langdon voices Steve ;o (he voices Dante from Devil May Cry)

I like JYB, but if they use him and I hear him in that voice that he uses for like every teen boy character, I will punch a kitten.

RPGCrazied

chaostrophy said:
Maybe the voice actors will be English speakers from...England?

I can't think of any big name voice actors over there, other than the ones from Dragon Quest VIII, those sounded European, or scottish, def not american.

farnham

Banned
Kilrogg said:
Quick question to people who played it: how long does it take to go from point A to point B in the game? My big gripe about many 3D games is that the worlds are too big and the characters too slow, and the world of Xenoblade looks so huge that I'm really worried about that. Do you quickly get fast stuff like vehicles, mounts and teleportation spells?
yeah its biiiiiiig

but you can instawarp on any place on the map that you already visited

you get that ability instantly

Damn, still nothing from NOA about releasing Xenoblade stateside?! Shit, I don't want to homebrew my Wii, but I NEED this game. This may be my first imported game.

I hope Xenoblade comes out during the summer!

I know this isn't really the place to ask, but what is the preferred file storage type for a 2GB card? FAT16 or FAT32? I've used 32 before, but I was wondering if there is much of a difference if all I am doing is allowing my Japanese Wii to play European games.

Myriadis

Xenblade Music - Colony 9
The song from the field exploration video.I love it,is sounds so much like a hybrid from Crystal Chronicles and Chrono Cross.

And so far,I love what I see.Battle System like FFXII, huge,explorable fields, amazing soundtrack and wonderful graphics.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Was there ever a way to get your Wii to just treat another region game as a local region release? As in, you pop the game in, it shows up in the disc channel with all the art, and you dont have to go through a launcher like GeckoOS?

I hope NOA brings this (and Last Story) over eventually. I won't worry too much at least until E3. If we hear nothing then, well, of course I'll throw a fit! But for now *take deep breath* I'll stay calm! *shakes fist in the air*

But IF NOA doesn't bring it over...at least I still have Elder Scrolls V, FFXIII-2, and Mass Effect 3 to look forward to. I'm just glad there are other RPGs that will have my attention...anything to alleviate my anger at NOA!!!

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
update-high-five.gif

ivysaur12

Banned
I feel like I'll fuck something up trying to mod my Wii, but I'm doing it for this game. I can't believe how much NoA sucks this gen, especially with the small output of first-party titles on the Wii.

Sophia

ivysaur12 said:
I feel like I'll fuck something up trying to mod my Wii, but I'm doing it for this game. I can't believe how much NoA sucks this gen, especially with the small output of first-party titles on the Wii.

If you follow the instructions as the GAF Wiki tells you, you can't mess it up. It's literally copy it to the card and hit a button or two.

Wow. I guess people can finally swallow their words now about Nintendo not giving a fuck, only in it for the money. A game that sold so few copies in Japan, is actually getting the full localization treatment? Yeah totally not interested in US or Europe.

Duderz

Banned
I'm going to wait to mod my Wii until this game comes out in Europe, just in case NoA actually announces it.

But I really doubt it, since they've sucked this entire gen.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Duderz said:
I'm going to wait to mod my Wii until this game comes out in Europe, just in case NoA actually announces it.

But I really doubt it, since they've sucked this entire gen.

modding your wii has no downside, is safe, and can be instantly undone.

Marrshu said:
If you follow the instructions as the GAF Wiki tells you, you can't mess it up. It's literally copy it to the card and hit a button or two.

Yeah, and since you seem to know a lot, where the fuck can I find a cheap seller of Disaster: Day of Crisis that is willing to ship to the US?

farnham

Banned
ivysaur12 said:
do it

and get last story too

so awesome

Fuck! Does anyone know if ASDA (UK's Walmart) sells internationally? They have Disaster for 13 pounds sterling, which is about 22 US dollars.

BocoDragon said:
Was there ever a way to get your Wii to just treat another region game as a local region release? As in, you pop the game in, it shows up in the disc channel with all the art, and you dont have to go through a launcher like GeckoOS?
Yeah there was. People tend to avoid it as it has lower compatibility.

Android18a said:
Is this the Wii generation's Terranigma? :)
In the fact its a year after Japan got it and its a kick-ass game, yes. But in terms of everything else not really: NOA doesn't seem to have closed down nor does there seem to be the next generation out yet.
inb64 yes it next gen is out (from Wii perspective) its called Xbox360 and PS3

Shed_a_Ninja said:
Fuck! Does anyone know if ASDA (UK's Walmart) sells internationally? They have Disaster for 13 pounds sterling, which is about 22 US dollars.
The online ASDA entertainment operation is run by The Hut group which do (with some exceptions like North Korea), I can't remember the shipping rates though I think it was like €5. Doesn't matter which guise you order it, its from the same place. The Hut can be a bit slow so don't panic if it takes a while.

BocoDragon said:

Think with StartPatch, but I've only used it to avoid disc updates. Only have one JP game (Captain Rainbow) and it's still sealed, waiting for the fan-translation to be completed.

Rich!

Allan Holdsworth said:
Think with StartPatch, but I've only used it to avoid disc updates. Only have one JP game (Captain Rainbow) and it's still sealed, waiting for the fan-translation to be completed.

Startpatch works fine for update blocking and region free.

Aeana

RPGCrazied said:
I can't think of any big name voice actors over there, other than the ones from Dragon Quest VIII, those sounded European, or scottish, def not american.
The got some biggish-name soap opera actors and other such people for DQ8 - people who aren't traditionally voice actors. It was quite refreshing.

Starwolf_UK said:

In the fact its a year after Japan got it and its a kick-ass game, yes. But in terms of everything else not really: NOA doesn't seem to have closed down nor does there seem to be the next generation out yet.

The online ASDA entertainment operation is run by The Hut group which do (with some exceptions like North Korea), I can't remember the shipping rates though I think it was like €5. Doesn't matter which guise you order it, its from the same place. The Hut can be a bit slow so don't panic if it takes a while.

OK, thanks again, Fox.

plufim

Why the hesk are US posters so goddam angry? It's been less than a day since the EU announcement, give it some goddam time before you bitch about not getting it.

It's very unlikely to be a reverse Excite Bots.

plufim said:
Why the hesk are US posters so goddam angry? It's been less than a day since the EU announcement, give it some goddam time before you bitch about not getting it.

Yeah, there's no way Nintendo would spend the time and money on translating such a massive game like Xenoblade to just release it in EU.
I wonder if this means we'll get a mini-conference sometime soon laying out some Wii releases for the coming months.
It's overdue.

Shed_a_Ninja said:
Starwolf_UK said:

OK, thanks again, Fox.

Scratch that. They aren't taking orders from the US... :(

AceBandage said:
Yeah, there's no way Nintendo would spend the time and money on translating such a massive game like Xenoblade to just release it in EU.
THEY'VE ACTUALLY DONE IT BEFORE

There's a number of PAL translations that were done by Treehouse in the U.S.

ShockingAlberto said:

A lot of them were fairly small/already had English voices in the Japanese release, though.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
So everyone's come to the conclusion that this will only be released in Europe? :(

Time to install homebrew then. I'm a little tired of waiting for localizations anyway. I wanted to play Fatal Frame 4, Trace Memory 2 and 428: Fusa Sareta Shibuya de, but I can't import them since Wii isn't region-free.

I recall a while ago that there was a warning that you couldn't install homebrew on your Wii if you had updated to the latest firmware. Is this still the case?

More Xenoblade music since I was in an area with terrible wireless when I posted the previous ones:
Colony 9 - Night (Yoko Shimomura; ACE+)
Hectic Pursuit of the Enemy (ACE+)
Into Deadlands... (Minami Kiyoda)
One Who Gets In Our Way (ACE+)
Irregular Bound (ACE+)
Mechanical Rhythm (ACE+)

Shimomura only composed a few of the tracks on the OST (11, I think).

The rest of the album was handled by Manami Kiyoda (did vocal work on The Black Mages III album) and ACE+ (who is made up of: Tomori Kudo, CHiCO, Kenji Hiramatsu-- all three worked on Emil Chronicle).

Yasunori Mitsuda composed the theme song "Beyond the Sky".

ShockingAlberto said:

With the amount of voice acting that will be required for Xenoblade, though? I have a hard time imagining them spending a lot of money dubbing a lengthy RPG in English and then not even releasing it in the US.

Poyunch

plufim said:

It's mostly Reggie's smug face.

Look at him. >:[
fenree.gif

Top Bottom