• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles announced for Europe (dual language voice)

Easy_D

never left the stone age
hosannainexcelsis said:
Xenoblade! With dual-audio! Announce a NA release and my joy will be complete.

Otherwise I'll have to try to find Super Smash Bros. Brawl on the cheap.
Or you can just rent it, should be even cheaper :D

Rich!

Dark Schala said:
So everyone's come to the conclusion that this will only be released in Europe? :(

Time to install homebrew then. I'm a little tired of waiting for localizations anyway. I wanted to play Fatal Frame 4, Trace Memory 2 and 428: Fusa Sareta Shibuya de, but I can't import them since Wii isn't region-free.

I recall a while ago that there was a warning that you couldn't install homebrew on your Wii if you had updated to the latest firmware. Is this still the case?

All you need is Super Smash Bros. Go to the GAF Wii Homebrew thread and use the Wiki - you'll be up and running in minutes.

Wedge7

Yes...

Yes!

Heh, 2/3 on the yet to be localized RPGS that I desperately wanted. First Tales of Graces, now Xenoblades, just need Last Story to complete it.

Shed_a_Ninja said:
Scratch that. They aren't taking orders from the US... :(
Even via The Hut themselves? I hear people buying Blu-Rays and also I remember people buying DS games a while (than again I could get Blu-Rays off Amazon.com but not videogames). I did notice ASDA was EU only.

Apart from that theres no harm in setting up an e-mail price drop notification on the Japanese version at Play-Asia. You do miss out on English text though (it includes descriptions of the natural disasters in the game)

antonz

Boom Mofos

Domain Name.......... xenobladechronicles.com
Creation Date........ 2011-03-26
Registration Date.... 2011-03-26
Expiry Date.......... 2012-03-26
Organisation Name.... Nintendo of America Inc.
Organisation Address. 4600 150th Ave. N.E.
Organisation Address.
Organisation Address. Redmond
Organisation Address. 98052
Organisation Address. WA
Organisation Address. UNITED STATES

Starwolf_UK said:
Even via The Hut themselves? I hear people buying Blu-Rays and also I remember people buying DS games a while (than again I could get Blu-Rays off Amazon.com but not videogames). I did notice ASDA was EU only.

Apart from that theres no harm in setting up an e-mail price drop notification on the Japanese version at Play-Asia. You do miss out on English text though (it includes descriptions of the natural disasters in the game)

The only country option I get during checkout with "United" in it is United Kingdom.

antonz said:
Boom Mofos

Organisation Address.
Organisation Address. WA

Was anyone seriously in doubt?

antonz said:
Boom Mofos

Organisation Address.
Organisation Address. WA
Um, what? What's that? Does it mean NOA is planning to bring it over but just hasn't officially announced it?

antonz said:
Boom Mofos

Organisation Address.
Organisation Address. WA
To be honest NoA would have to be retarded not to release it if it's already being translated. Not that they haven't done it before.

antonz

Shalashaska161 said:
To be honest NoA would have to be retarded not to release it if it's already being translated.
True but things like Disaster were that way and Reggie said game sucked so no NOA release.

NOA just operates on Reggie time so will be announced when Reggie says so

TheFLYINGManga_Ka said:
Um, what? What's that? Does it mean NOA is planning to bring it over but just hasn't officially announced it?
If I were Nintendo of America, and barring a move to Redmond I didn't want to make I suppose I technically would be, I would probably announce this after 3DS hype has died down and people start wondering why no Nintendo system has any games coming soon.

Poyunch

antonz said:
Boom Mofos

Organisation Address.
Organisation Address. WA
So Monado's never coming. x_x

Yay.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
richisawesome said:
All you need is Super Smash Bros. Go to the GAF Wii Homebrew thread and use the Wiki - you'll be up and running in minutes.
Thank you so much! :)

I'll get started when I finish my paper.

FoneBone

boris feinbrand said:
Was anyone seriously in doubt?
Already posted earlier, and I don't know how much it means... NoA is the registrar on all of Nintendo UK's domains, too. It's not a bad sign, though.

Dragmire

I'm in the US and my Wii is modded so I don't care if it just comes to Europe. Of course, for non-modders, I hope it comes out in the US too, but I'm just glad I will finally be able to play it. Played Disaster this way, and even tried to play Captain Rainbow with a walkthrough...

That said, I half expect it to be announced for the US too now, which is even better. :D

ShockingAlberto said:
If I were Nintendo of America, and barring a move to Redmond I didn't want to make I suppose I technically would be, I would probably announce this after 3DS hype has died down and people start wondering why no Nintendo system has any games coming soon.
It would make sense to bring whatever the Wii has left if they can do it during its final years.

I know Nintendo did say that they were looking to localize previously unreleased Wii games from Japan.

The Wii pretty much has nothing else left other than Zelda and the RPGs. Dragon Quest X is probably the last great game.

I'm pretty sure NOA would bring XenoBlade (and Last Story over), but until I hear it officially from them, I just didn't want to keep my hopes up!

ivysaur12

Banned
antonz said:
Boom Mofos

Organisation Address.
Organisation Address. WA

That makes me feel better.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
So wait... what does this mean, then? Or does it even matter, since the domain registration happened last year? I must be jumping to conclusions.

WHOIS information for thelaststory.com :

[Querying whois.verisign-grs.com]
[Redirected to whois.melbourneit.com]
[Querying whois.melbourneit.com]
[whois.melbourneit.com]

Domain Name.......... thelaststory.com
Creation Date........ 2010-02-15
Registration Date.... 2010-04-24
Expiry Date.......... 2012-02-15
Organisation Address. 4820 150th Ave NE
Organisation Address.
Organisation Address. WA

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
FoneBone said:
They even own nintendo.co.uk itself. Why, I don't know.

All European output goes through NoA, it's NoA Product Testing that gets acknowledged in game credits along with Super Mario Club, NoA is the main subsidiary outside of Japan and pretty much everything goes through them. It's still where the majority of English translations take place, except when NoE is told to go it alone.

apana

I remember the thread when Nintendo bought Monolithsoft, almost everyone was making fun of the decision and said they sucked. After this game was announced, wow what a sudden change.

antonz said:
Boom Mofos

Organisation Address.
Organisation Address. WA

Yay?

apana said:
I remember the thread when Nintendo bought Monolithsoft, almost everyone was making fun of the decision and said they sucked. After this game was announced, wow what a sudden change.

I always loved Monlith.
Such an awesome company.
I'd kill for a Xenosaga collection on the 3DS...

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
You mean once this game was shown to be a fuck awesome title worthy of the Xenogears legacy. Why would people not react like that?

Although I don't think anyone thought they sucked before, some hated on part sof the Xenosagas but most respected titles like Baten Kaitos anyway.

Sophia

AceBandage said:
I always loved Monlith.
Such an awesome company.
I'd kill for a Xenosaga collection on the 3DS...

I've always felt that Monolith and Takahashi are great developers, but until Xenoblade, they've been a bit screwed over.

Xenoblade shows what they can do when they're at their best. Look at how much content made it into XB simply because someone at Nintendo said "Go for it."

apana

I don't know too much about their previous work, but it seems that they decided to take a big change of direction for this game (according to interviews). Why was that? Nintendo prodding them?

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
I think they just wanted to evolve the JRPG genre to be more international. He and Sakaguchi spoke about this a little in an Iwata asks. Although they didn't link it to their latest games specifically I think it is obvious that at least on some levels both The Last Story and Xenoblade tried to do something more fresh for the genre. Of course Nintendo helps.

Sophia

apana said:
I don't know too much about their previous work, but it seems that they decided to take a big change of direction for this game (according to interviews). Why was that? Nintendo prodding them?

Seems to be that way, judging from everything I've read at Siliconera. From this article:

Originally, Takahashi had wanted to give up on a portion in Xenoblade because he knew that if they tried to do everything they wanted, there was no way they would be meeting the prospective release date. There were many problems when they first began tackling the development of the game, and progress was off to a slow start. Thus, even if the team really didn’t want to, as a professional, Takahashi was prepared to sacrifice bits and parts to make the development deadlines. However, after discussing the problem with Yamagami, the Nintendo developer said, “You’ve already gone this far, so why not go all the way?”

Ushojax said:
All European output goes through NoA, it's NoA Product Testing that gets acknowledged in game credits along with Super Mario Club, NoA is the main subsidiary outside of Japan and pretty much everything goes through them. It's still where the majority of English translations take place, except when NoE is told to go it alone.
So does that mean it may not come over to the US? :(

I'm confused!

Solune

Amir0x said:
fucking christ Europe and not goddamn America
NkLhXl.jpg

Sophia

TheFLYINGManga_Ka said:
So does that mean it may not come over to the US? :(

I'm confused!

Assume a game of this scale is coming over unless it's not announced at E3. The game's script is huge, there's no way they'd do all the dubbing work and not maximize profits.

Muffdraul

AceBandage said:
Yes... but I want remakes of the PS2 games.
:p

The other day when I first started playing w/ my 3DS, all of a sudden a thought struck me: "What if Monolithsoft made a new Xeno reboot type thing for this device?" Then I popped a li'l stiffy.

Muffdraul said:
The other day when I first started playing w/ my 3DS, all of a sudden a thought struck me: "What if Monolithsoft made a new Xeno reboot type thing for this device?" Then I popped a li'l stiffy.

It's certainly possible.
We know they're working on another RPG, and it may be for 3DS.

FoneBone said:
Already posted earlier, and I don't know how much it means... NoA is the registrar on all of Nintendo UK's domains, too. It's not a bad sign, though.
A complete english voice acting job just to exclude the biggest english speaking market on the world... yeah sounds about right.

apana said:
I assume that would be Pandora's Tower for Wii?

Hmm we know Honne has a new game, and these two people who worked on Xenosaga 3/Disaster also have a project as well. Who knows if Pandora's Tower is one of them...

Whatever Honne's new game is, be that Baten Kaitos 3 or whatever, I'd rather have it on the Wii though.

Bel Marduk said:
Hmm we know Honne has a new game, and these two people who worked on Xenosaga 3/Disaster also have a project as well. Who knows if Pandora's Tower is one of them...

Whatever Honne's new game is, be that Baten Kaitos 3 or whatever, I'd rather have it on the Wii though.

Personally, I'd rather it be 3DS.
It'll look better, and portable RPGs are just better.

Top Bottom