• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles announced for Europe (dual language voice)

farnham

Banned
kiryogi said:
Oh I'm all about importing, totally for it. But its just amazing how desperate or naive folks are being here over little details that in no way indicate an NA release
well NOE announcing a release makes the chances of this getting released in NA a tad higher right ?

Pyrokai

They're for sure not releasing Layton 4? I wasn't aware this was announced. I'd appreciate a source if possible.

Alrus

Pyrokai said:
They're for sure not releasing Layton 4? I wasn't aware this was announced. I'd appreciate a source if possible.

That would be pretty fucking stupid... Unless they wanna leave 2-3 millions surefire sales on the table. Layton is still huge in europe.

kiryogi

Banned
Pyrokai said:
Realistically there's been nothing... it could be released later. But as it stands we're on track to getting only 5 this fall.

The deal between Level 5 and Nintendo was for Layton 1-3.

They haven't brought over Layton 4 because A) there's a long-ass JRPG at the end and B) no one knows who's bringing it, Nintendo or Level 5's American branch.

That deal might be settled and translation work may have already begun, but it's not like NOA looked at Layton 4 and went "Well, the last three were big successes, but we're not going to bother with this one."

MidnightScott said:
Release Last Window over here NoA. I don't want to pay $50 or $60 to import a DS game from Europe...

Weren't they supposed to be bringing some games over to help give the DS a "last hurrah"?

kiryogi said:
Realistically there's been nothing... it could be released later. But as it stands we're on track to getting only 5 this fall.
Not from Nintendo, Level 5 announced Miracle Mask themselves as a selfpublished title.

The NoA & NoE deals were for the first trilogy I thought? If we miss out on Spectre's Flute it's down to L5.

kiryogi said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think 5 has been confirmed for NA yet, and certainly not given a release window. Layton 4 could easily come out this year or even next year and then 5 the year after.

MidnightScott said:
Release Last Window over here NoA. I don't want to pay $50 or $60 to import a DS game from Europe...

I paid $35 to get it from Play-Asia.

Shed_a_Ninja said:
Weren't they supposed to be bringing some games over to help give the DS a "last hurrah"?

So far they only brought Dragon Quest 6 to the US & Inazuma Eleven(apparently the US hates soccer or NoA thinks we do) to Europe

They sure are taking a while to announce everything. Not everyone can afford or wants a 3DS right now. (I have one but I still want Last Window, Okamiden (sometime in a few months I will get this game), Ace Attorney Investigations 2, Layton 4(maybe...) and whatever else never got brought to the US.

hosannainexcelsis said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think 5 has been confirmed for NA yet, and certainly not given a release window. Layton 4 could easily come out this year or even next year and then 5 the year after.
I paid $35 to get it from Play-Asia.
Layton 5 was revealed at E3 last year on Nintendo's website, but it was listed under 3rd Party under Level 5 as the publisher instead of Nintendo. I think it will come eventually but Layton 4 needs to come first since the stories are connected (I think they are?)

Wow $35, when was this? It's back to $50. c.c

EDIT:

Sorry for getting off topic lol. Wonder if I should bump my old localization thread...

MidnightScott said:
Layton 5 was revealed at E3 last year on Nintendo's website, but it was listed under 3rd Party under Level 5 as the publisher instead of Nintendo. I think it will come eventually but Layton 4 needs to come first since the stories are connected (I think they are?)

Wow $35, when was this? It's back to $50. c.c

That's true, I remember seeing Layton 5 screens with English text so I suppose there's a localization of it in progress. But if Level 5 is self-publishing it here, I suspect they'll take their sweet time. All the info we have about Level 5's American office is that they're developing original game(s) most likely for mobile phones; hopefully they make some kind of localization announcements this year.

Play-Asia's recent 48-hour stock clearing sale was amazing.

kiryogi

Banned
hosannainexcelsis said:
That's true, I remember seeing Layton 5 screens with English text so I suppose there's a localization of it in progress. But if Level 5 is self-publishing it here, I suspect they'll take their sweet time. All the info we have about Level 5's American office is that they're developing original game(s) most likely for mobile phones; hopefully they make some kind of localization announcements this year.

Play-Asia's recent 48-hour stock clearing sale was amazing.
It was D: They had ZZT3 for 20..... missed it.

SykoTech

Nintendo of America....for God's sake...

But nice to see Xenoblade getting localized somewhere. Been pretty much avoiding getting hyped for this out of fear of it never leaving Japan.

Negator

For those of you who ask "How could there ever be a doubt that this is coming stateside?"

All I have to say is LOL NINENDO OF AMERICA, the new Bandai Namco.

apana

I bet the april fools joke will be Nintendo of America announcing that they won't release it and then surprise!
They actually don't release it.

Negator said:
For those of you who ask "How could there ever be a doubt that this is coming stateside?"

good thing it was never games I cared about. but then again, principle. but then again, me.

ivysaur12

Banned
From The Dust said:
doesn't Treehouse use different translations rather than share with NoE's? then no, the work isn't done for them :p

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure Treehouse localized all of the EU-exclusive games.

Zee-Row

Banned
Negator said:

i'd say Nintendo of America has always been the way they are even before Bamco.

I say wait a week for NOA. Nintendo will have investor meetings and the like for the year, and they most likely will announce stuff coming out between now and July, at least in the smaller-end of games.

On topic: great to see Xenoblade coming out finally. For those who don't play RPGs often, how does it play?

Negator said:

No, because NoA actually released S&P2.
Namco can barely be bothered to release a Wii port.

Sophia

TheUnknownForce said:
On topic: great to see Xenoblade coming out finally. For those who don't play RPGs often, how does it play?

It's very similar to Final Fantasy 12, but very streamlined. It's also very big, open-ended, tons of sidequests, and long (100+ hours)

kiryogi

Banned
TheUnknownForce said:
I say wait a week for NOA. Nintendo will have investor meetings and the like for the year, and they most likely will announce stuff coming out between now and July, at least in the smaller-end of games.

Its really like an offline MMORPG, but FF12 would be the next closest thing.

Sophia

kiryogi said:
Its really like an offline MMORPG, but FF12 would be the next closest thing.

I'd actually say it's closer to a mainline SMT game mixed with FF12 and/or Xenogears, rather than an MMORPG.

apana

ivysaur12 said:
S&P2 was also a test release for other "hardcore" releases.

Whoops :-\

Everyone, just tell your Mom and Dad to buy a copy of Xenoblade when it comes out. Tell them that if they refuse then you will fail a very important test.

hosannainexcelsis said:
That's true, I remember seeing Layton 5 screens with English text so I suppose there's a localization of it in progress.
Terrible English text!

screenshot30196.jpg

For there to be a new Bandai Namco, Bandai Namco would have to stop being Bandai Namco.

ivysaur12 said:
S&P2 was also a test release for other "hardcore" releases.

Whoops :-\

I was so interested in getting the game, and playing it made me more so.

But I can't get myself to shift 50 bucks toward it :< /partoftheproblem

Lissar

Reluctant Member
I'm so glad this is at least coming to Europe even if it hasn't been announced for NA yet (if it comes out in NA I will probably buy a ton of copies to give away as gifts to friends...) This is definitely my favorite game this gen and I'm glad more people will be able to experience it! I hope a special edition will get released in Europe so I have a reason to buy that version as well.

-throws mini-party-

ivysaur12

Banned
TheUnknownForce said:
I was so interested in getting the game, and playing it made me more so.

But I can't get myself to shift 50 bucks toward it :< /partoftheproblem

Yeah, there's a fundamental difference in these two games. I hope Nintendo knows that.

Solune

AceBandage said:
No, because NoA actually released S&P2.
Namco can barely be bothered to release a Wii port.
And Nintendo can't be bothered to release a game that's in English in a dominantly English speaking continent. The point is moot. Not that I'm defending Bandai Namco, but I could just as easily say, They are actually going to release Tales of Graces.

ivysaur12 said:
Yeah, there's a fundamental difference in these two games. I hope Nintendo knows that.

Indeed. Having been the type to not play many RPGs, I'm still quite interested in Xenoblade. The environments looks so good.

ivysaur12

Banned
I'm not writing my thesis and instead refreshing this thread for any news that NoA might put up.

Ugh, why am I doing this to myself.

Top Bottom