• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles announced for Europe (dual language voice)

Sophia

apana said:
That's debatable right?

Not that it really matters. Monolithsoft seem to be gods at pushing systems graphically. Just look at how impressive Xenoblade is for the team's second (and arguably first fully-featured) game.

ReyVGM

Ok, so Xenoblade is coming to the USA.

We can all start bitching about Last Story being localized now.

Jigsaw

Banned
Marrshu said:
Not that it really matters. Monolithsoft seem to be gods at pushing systems graphically. Just look at how impressive Xenoblade is for the team's second (and arguably first fully-featured) game.

what?xenoblade looks like a sub-par ps2 title and is widely agreed to have worse graphics than their xenosaga games

Jigsaw said:
what?xenoblade looks like a sub-par ps2 title and is widely agreed to have worse graphics than their xenosaga games

...At the added benefit that Xenoblade is huge (huge world, and Bebpo's review has even said there's like 100+ bosses and 400 sidequests). Xenosaga is a linear game...

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Jigsaw said:
Agreed by people who don't know what they're talking about? Characters and textures etc aren't great up close but that's not all that makes up graphics and the impressive and absolutely seamless scale of unique fantasy vistas with day/night/weather cycles and no separate combat areas for the real time battles more than makes up for any of it. And even so it's far more populated and detailed than something like FFXII which is among the best looking PS2 games and even XIII (swaying grass and other details for example).

Fritz said:
There is certainly hope left for the US but THIS is NOT one of the reasons why. lol.
Sure it is, NoE often does direct translations when they handle titles themselves, at most they'll change a subtitle. Sometimes they'll even go against NoA for games headed to both regions and use a title more similar to the Japanese original too. Xenoblade Chronicles makes me think it's likely also the American title.

heringer

Jigsaw said:
Speak for yourself son. Aside from character models and animations I think Xenoblade looks way better.

AceBandage said:
No.
The 3DS destroys the Wii in graphics.

Not really. This is an exaggeration. They both have their advantages and disadvantages. People cite the great looking 3DS graphics like Resident Evil Mercenaries, but there are a good number of Wii games that look damn good too (yes even for Wii). I imagine 3DS would have a difficult time running Xenoblade.

Instro

Jigsaw said:

From what I've seen the environments are massive and it has some nice draw distance, so I dont think you are correct.

Rush2thestart said:
Not really. This is an exaggeration. They both have their advantages and disadvantages. People cite the great looking 3DS graphics like Resident Evil Mercenaries, but there are a good number of Wii games that look damn good too (yes even for Wii). I imagine 3DS would have a difficult time running Xenoblade.

It would require some tricks and a lot more streaming, but technically, it's possible. I mean, the 3DS does have more RAM than the Wii.

Sophia

Jigsaw said:

You haven't actually played or watch Xenoblade, have you?

Xenoblade's world is massive. It's like Final Fantasy 12 but bigger. Those lower character models are the cost to pay for absolutely breathtaking worlds. It's like Xenogears or Baten Kaitos coming alive. There's a reason that exploration video gets linked in almost every Xenoblade thread.

Bel Marduk said:
...At the added benefit that Xenoblade is huge (huge world, and Bebpo's review has even said there's like 100+ bosses and 400 sidequests). Xenosaga is a linear game...

Yup, I've heard of people hitting the ingame clock's 99 hour limit before finishing the main game simply because they went out of their way to do sidequests. In fact, looking at Bebop's review, he mentioned that too... o.o

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Marrshu said:
Yup, I've heard of people hitting the 99 hour time limit before finishing the main game simply because they went out of their way to do sidequests.
Even if they don't make any other changes/additions, I hope they fix that lol.

I don't know if this means anything, but I read on Wiki that on Nintendo of America's website's release schedule, it still says Monado's 2011 release as TBA.

Some hope?

Alrus

AceBandage said:
It's certainly possible.
We know they're working on another RPG, and it may be for 3DS.

Even if they do, there's a pretty big probabilty it won't be localized in the west.
Soma Bringer ;_;

On topic, best news ever!!! I can't wait for this, finally a good console jrpg :D

Marrshu said:
You haven't actually played or watch Xenoblade, have you?

Xenoblade's world is massive. It's like Final Fantasy 12 but bigger. Those lower character models are the cost to pay for absolutely breathtaking worlds. It's like Xenogears or Baten Kaitos coming alive. There's a reason that exploration video gets linked in almost every Xenoblade thread.

Yup, I've heard of people hitting the 99 hour time limit before finishing the main game simply because they went out of their way to do sidequests. In fact, looking at Bebop's review, he mentioned that too... o.o

Time Limit? I guess you're referring to an in-game playtime tracker and that only goes up to 99 hours?

apana

Vdragoon said:
fuken beautiful, it better the hell come to NA. music is fantastic too.

Yeah I never get tired of that either. I'm afraid to watch all of it though, especially now that it may be localized.

Sophia

Hero of Legend said:
Time Limit? I guess you're referring to an in-game playtime tracker and that only goes up to 99 hours?

The ingame clock, yeah. It only goes up to 99 hours, which is bizarre given that the game appears to be 130 hours long if you do everything. =P

farnham

Banned
Jigsaw said:
yeah but xenoblades world is comparable to gtasa in size

the first time you realize that you are on a friggin giant (this is no spoiler as its on the friggin cover of the game) you are just bamboozled although the story twist about 20 mins before seeing the giants scope the first time is a lot more breath taking imo

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Marrshu said:
Yup, I've heard of people hitting the ingame clock's 99 hour limit before finishing the main game simply because they went out of their way to do sidequests. In fact, looking at Bebop's review, he mentioned that too... o.o
May the localization will add an extra digit to the clock.

farnham

Banned
Alextended said:
Agreed by people who don't know what they're talking about? Characters and textures etc aren't great up close but that's not all that makes up graphics and the impressive and absolutely seamless scale of unique fantasy vistas with day/night/weather cycles and no separate combat areas for the real time battles more than makes up for any of it. And even so it's far more populated and detailed than something like FFXII which is among the best looking PS2 games and even XIII (swaying grass and other details for example).
yeah the field of xenoblade eats Gran pulse alive in terms of scope, side quests and even graphics imho which is impressive considering the game is in 480p while ffxiii is HD

vareon

ivysaur12 said:
Don't tempt me. That would be too amazing.

Actually, anything Honne does would be fantastic.

*looks at avatar*

Man, I miss him/her/thingy. Haven't finished BKII yet :(

farnham

Banned
ReyVGM said:
Ok, so Xenoblade is coming to the USA.

We can all start bitching about Last Story being localized now.
that GAF should do

while Last Story is way smaller in scope the battle system of that game is the best JRPG battle system ever created imho (even better then FFXIII which i love only because of the battle system)

its definately a worthy competitor for your time.

Alright folks, so I managed to get HC working on my Japanese Wii and then I installed the latest Gecko OS. The first game I tried was my NTSC copy of Wii Play, which hung on a black screen the first time, but booted normally the second time.

I also tried my NTSC copy of NSMBW, but it prompted something about installing an IOS. Does anyone know what that is?

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
farnham said:
yeah the field of xenoblade eats Gran pulse alive in terms of scope, side quests and even graphics imho which is impressive considering the game is in 480p while ffxiii is HD
Well it couldn't have been difficult. I mean, the towns weren't even in HD

My comment makes no sense, even to me

kiryogi

Banned
You guys seriously have too much faith in noa or enjoy being abused. NoA has skipped on: Fatal Frame 4, Somabringer, Disaster, Another Code wii, Layton 3, Inazuma 11. . . We should be burning them down.

kiryogi said:
You guys seriously have too much faith in noa or enjoy being abused. NoA has skipped on: Fatal Frame 4, Somabringer, Disaster, Another Code wii, Layton 3, Inazuma 11. . . We should be burning them down.

Yeah... good luck with that.

farnham

Banned
Shed_a_Ninja said:
Alright folks, so I managed to get HC working on my Japanese Wii and then I installed the latest Gecko OS. The first game I tried was my NTSC copy of Wii Play, which hung on a black screen the first time, but booted normally the second time.

I also tried my NTSC copy of NSMBW, but it prompted something about installing an IOS. Does anyone know what that is?
has to do with firmware upgrade i believe. there is a manual about updating your ios on the wiibrew thread
kiryogi said:
then just import problem solved

at least an english version is actually comming out

The_Technomancer said:
Holy shit its twelve hours later and this is still real!
Oh man, I can't wait!

what_2.png

Jigsaw said:

wat

Other than the low-rez textures on the character models, which you don't see extreme closeups of too too often, XB is gorgeous.

Solune

kiryogi said:
Not that you haven't proven your point but Layton 3 has been out for quite a while now. But to make up for that they also skipped Captain Rainbow and will probably skip Fatal Frame 2 Remake etc etc. Didn't even bring over NPC Chibi Robo, fuck.

So what is the list of European Wii titles that I should get?

I know there is-

1. Disaster: Day of Crisis
2. Pikmin 2 (my GameCube copy is plenty enough)

What else?

farnham

Banned
Shed_a_Ninja said:
So what is the list of European Wii titles that I should get?

I know there is-

1. Disaster: Day of Crisis
2. Pikmin 2 (my GameCube copy is plenty enough)

What else?
another code R

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Shed_a_Ninja said:
http://ui19.gamespot.com/594/what_2.png[IMG][/QUOTE]
Its still kind of sinking in. You have no idea how badly I've wanted this game over the past year. I will gladly pay to import if I have to.

kiryogi

Banned
farnham said:
has to do with firmware upgrade i believe. there is a manual about updating your ios on the wiibrew thread
then just import problem solved

at least an english version is actually comming out
Oh I'm all about importing, totally for it. But its just amazing how desperate or naive folks are being here over little details that in no way indicate an NA release

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
kiryogi said:

... layton 3... is out in the us and published by noa within a year of layton 2.

kiryogi

Banned
Stumpokapow said:
... layton 3... is out in the us and published by noa within a year of layton 2.
My bad I mean layton 4... if I recall correctly they're skipping straight to 5. (3ds release)

Top Bottom