• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles announced for Europe (dual language voice)

daffy

Banned
perfectnight said:
Got a couple of questions about this game..

1. What is the difficulty like? is it something you can blow through without thinking?

2. How long is it?

3. Is there a new game+ or any post game content?
1. Not exactly sure, maybe someone will clarify, but I think its similar to FFXII. There isn't a penalty for death and you can save anywhere.

2. About 50-80 hrs long. Although with all the various side quests and other activities it could probably stretch to twice that. Endgame is massive apparently.

3. Yes. I believe almost everything carries over.

There's a thread with import impressions here. Not sure what page they start on.

Phoenix_Apollo said:
KEEP IT GOING! If we get it to the top, they can't ignore that. Even NoA should realize that.
You overestimate NoA.

thefro

jRPG said:
It's pretty amazing how this seems to be going so far. I just hope, should Nintendo listen and actually release this in NA, that people will be prepared to turn their energy used attracting NoA's attention, into recommending the game, keeping word of mouth going, essentially doing the job NoA probably won't do, even if it does get released, ie, promoting it!

I will because I want Monolith Soft and Mistwalker to keep making RPGs for Nintendo consoles/handhelds.

Phoenix_Apollo said:
KEEP IT GOING! If we get it to the top, they can't ignore that. Even NoA should realize that.

I wouldn't be shocked if the only acknowledgement of this that NOA showed would be to have Amazon remove the listing.

TunaLover

rainking187 said:
I wouldn't be shocked if the only acknowledgement of this that NOA showed would be to have Amazon remove the listing.
I don't think that NoA knows that Monado is on Amazon. They erease the game from their memories, even Reggie has hard time trying to remember it.

I think the whole Xenoblade localization campaign should get its own topic. Some people may not know about it yet, and I only clicked here cause I was bored -- elsewise I wouldn't have known. any takers? One that can keep an updated OP on the status of the campaign.

Then we should tell them to stop releasing stuff that no one truly cares about such as Mystery Case Files: The Malgrave Incident and give us Xenoblade, Last Story, and Pandora's Tower instead.

Mockingbird said:
I think the whole Xenoblade localization campaign should get its own topic. Some people may not know about it yet, and I only clicked here cause I was bored -- elsewise I wouldn't have known. any takers? One that can keep an updated OP on the status of the campaign.

I agree. Someone should make a new thread detailing the campaign in it's own thread.

rainking187 said:

They probably will. But the backlash from that's only going to make it worse. After all, people are putting down some serious cash to get this. Removing the game is like literally telling us "Sorry but we don't want your money" and you know people are going to have a field day with that.

I mean, just imagine if this happened with Mother 3. The internet would have been furious.

Mockingbird said:
I think 1 is enough. The campaign has been pretty genuine thus far.
I agree. Silly bullshit like that just kind of goes against the whole point of the campaign.

Wish it would let me pre-order to Canada, but I guess I'll make up an American address somewhere and pre-order it to there.

blacky_am

Neo Member
Cow Mengde said:
DON'T DO THAT. Inflating sales will just make the campaign look more like a failure if they do release the game.

Exactly. It would lead to a massive wave of preorder cancelations. Not really a good thing if you ask me.

blacky_am said:
Exactly. It would lead to a massive wave of preorder cancelations. Not really a good thing if you ask me.

Someone PM ElFly and tell him to cancel 998 of those pre-orders. Cancel 1 order too if he isn't buying at all. It'll only hurt if people pre-order and not buy. Only pre-order if you're really buying.

IGN's going to be doing a feature story on this later too. Sweet.

ign said:
Looks like everyone's flooding the preorders already. Might want to take advantage of the momentum and get this thing started this weekend, rather than waiting two more weeks.

I also just texted Rich about getting some coverage going on the IGN main page. Stay tuned, guys, I'm with you on this and just pre-ordered myself.

-----signature-----
Editor-at-Large, IGN Nintendo
http://wii.ign.com, http://ds.ign.com

ign said:
You could keep the letter-writing date the same, but since pre-ordering on Amazon has already begun you could move up that portion of the campaign to today. So if anyone still hasn't pre-ordered because they're waiting two weeks to follow the Rainfall timetable, they could go ahead and do it now -- it'd become the first phase of a multi-faceted push.

And if the worst happens and Nintendo actually gets Monado's page pulled off Amazon because of this weekend's rush, anyone waiting to pre-order would miss the chance to do so.

This pre-order thing is the crux of the whole campaign idea. It's the most important part, because no other campaign has ever had this opportunity before -- letter writing will help and be an attention-getter, absolutely, but having actual money on the table is something that Nintendo's never seen before in one of these campaigns. These orders are in. They're there. All they have to do is ship the game and they get the cash. It's a huge motivator.

The momentum of social media on Facebook and Twitter is on this too, and right now. Letter-writing is old-school and will be supportive -- still do that. But new media is the attention getter now, and it's getting attention <i>today</i>, so if you guess really want to be successful here you've got to adapt, move and strike while the iron is hot. Move now. Make this weekend so insane that there's no way anything else could be the first item of business on Reggie's desk when he comes to work on Monday morning.

-----signature-----
Editor-at-Large, IGN Nintendo
http://wii.ign.com, http://ds.ign.com

daffy

Banned
Mockingbird said:
Not really it. That's more for bitching.
.... and this stuff isn't?
Phoenix_Apollo said:
They probably will. But the backlash from that's only going to make it worse. After all, people are putting down some serious cash to get this. Removing the game is like literally telling us "Sorry but we don't want your money" and you know people are going to have a field day with that.

I mean, just imagine if this happened with Mother 3. The internet would have been furious.
No one's putting down any cash on Amazon preorders. Most will probably cancel if anything happens.

thefro

sounds like IGN's going to put something up on this soon.... but yeah, we need a thread retitle on this and note that all 3 games are involved.

Negator said:
I'm pretty sire he was just joking...right?

Joking or not, it might give other people the same lousy idea thinking they cam make 1000 pre-orders to inflate the numbers only to have sale fall flat.

Paracelsus

Cow Mengde said:
Yeah I saw it, but the title and when I was reading it was more of a general thread than anything. Maybe a change in the title?

Great, kiss any future localizations goodbye.

DON'T DO THAT. Inflating sales will just make the campaign look more like a failure if they do release the game.

When you are standing up against a company whose worst first party major title is still a big million seller you know one thousand joke preorders will make no difference.

Pre-ordered Monado. Might as well, maybe that slight glimmer of hope will become a beacon, blind NoA and save them of their own idiocy...probably not though. :-/

Attackthebase said:
Pre-ordered Monado. Might as well, maybe that slight glimmer of hope will become a beacon, blind NoA and save them of their own idiocy...probably not though. :-/
At the very least, this campaign can't hurt.

Effect

ElFly said:
Preordered 999 copies of Monado.

I hope you are joking. Stuff like that helps no one. One copy if you are actually interested and would buy if it was released. Multiple pre-orders by anyone actually hurts this situation.

FTH said:
.... and this stuff isn't?

No one's putting down any cash on Amazon preorders. Most will probably cancel if anything happens.

I mean yeah, you only get charged when it ships, but you still have to say "I AM PAYING $60 FOR THIS" when you preorder it on Amazon. That's technically plunking down the money, whether people will keep it there or not is another matter altogether.

ElFly

Cow Mengde said:
Yeah I saw it, but the title and when I was reading it was more of a general thread than anything. Maybe a change in the title?

Great, kiss any future localizations goodbye.

Come on, this isn't going to have any effect.

I am surprised it passed, though. Amazon normally doesn't ship videogames to me.

Gvaz

Banned
Jesus christ. I'm gonna mail reggie all three. Not sending him anything with it though.

I hope his desk breaks under all this attention

ElFly said:

I am surprised it passed, though. Amazon normally doesn't ship videogames to me.

Come on, man. Just pre-order one and pretend you want to help our cause. It probably wouldn't make a difference to you either way.

What's beautiful about this campaign is seeing Xenoblade -- a game that wasn't at E3 -- outsell all these hit titles that had a presence at E3 with lots of marketing behind it -- even for just a little while. It also spreads awareness for the game as well.

Mockingbird said:
What's beautiful about this campaign is seeing Xenoblade -- a game that wasn't at E3 -- outsell all these hit titles that had a presence at E3 with lots of marketing behind it -- even for just a little while. It also spreads awareness for the game as well.

According to the list, the only game higher than it that hasn't come out yet is Skyrim.

Effect

ElFly said:

Then canceled the order then. You're actually hurting things with that kind of stunt.

ElFly said:

If you think it won't come out, why bother pre-ordering it?

I'm not convinced I'll like this game, so I didn't pre-order, but I still want to see this come out for others who do want this game. I'm doing my part through facebook and twitter.

rainking187 said:
I wouldn't either, but significant preorders might at least make Nintendo reconsider, moreso than a petition anyway. It's really the fanbase putting it's money where it's mouth is.

The other end is that if Amazon gets significant enough preorders, that may also encourage them to put pressure on Nintendo to actually release the game. Retailers asking for a release to happen likely helps more too.

EDarkness

FTH said:

If it comes down that people will do some mass cancellations, then all that does is hurt the cause in the long run. I pre-ordered a copy, and I intend to buy the game when it is released. It's not a good idea to push people to pre-order if they have no intention to buy.

Is it ok if I make a new topic?

Was thinking of using this as the OP:

-----------------

There is an increasingly growing campaign, spanning multiple forums and gaming sites (NeoGaf, IGN, Kotaku, Destructoid, Nintendoeverything, and more), trying to get Nintendo to listen up and release Xenoblade, The Last Story and Pandora's Tower in the U.S.

The campaign includes snail mail writing, e-mail, phone calls, facebook, and twitter and the turn-out has been beyond all expectations thus far. Comments on Nintendo's Facebook had passed 1,300 in just 24 hours. (see below on how to contribute to this.)

But actions speak louder than words, so to convey that Nintendo fans really want this, people have decided to show for it by pre-ordering on amazon -- hoping to get it to the #1 sales rank in video games from #12,000+

Results:

Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #30 in Video Games (See Top 100 in Video Games)
#1 in Video Games > Wii > Action
#5 in Video Games > Wii > All Games

See this too: http://666kb.com/i/bunsqwbujfsk3nuqf.gif

So the deal is this, please pre-order it to help get it released in the U.S. Remember: actions speak louder than words.

Pre-Order: http://www.amazon.com/Monado-Beginni...9008677&sr=8-1

It costs nothing to pre-order! also, if the game does come out, the MSRP will surely drop to $49.99.

------------

Snail-Mail Campaign:

themightyme said:
ok so a few of us have talked about this idea, but nobody has wanted to step up and take the leadership possition so i guess I have to atleast try

the concept: when TV shows are at risk of cancellation, groups of fans have managed to get the networks to bring them back by participating in campaigns that involve writing physical letters (not e-mail) and sending them to the network along with gifts that represent the cause.... in the case of "veronica mars" fans sent mars bars to UPN (and later the CW), in the case of "jericho" fans absolutely flooded CBS with nuts... so lets do the same kind of thing for these 3 games

the proposal: 3 separate campaigns... 1 for each game, all with unique target dates (we make a better impact if we plan our letters to arrive at around the same time)

what we need to make an impact: we need to absolutely flood nintendo of america, so send letters from as many addresses as you can, get friends to participate, and spread the word in any way possible

XENOBLADE:
write a polite letter, pointing out the need for the game
optional item - miniature toy swords or cocktail swords
target date - July 11-13, 2011 (plan your letters to arrive around the 6th, not to ship on the 6th)

bellow is a letter template, but feel free to write your own, just try to be polite if possible

Dear Reggie,

As a fan of your company and of RPGs, I was extremely excited about the reveal of Monado which was later retitled Xenoblade. After it's reveal at E3 2008 it quickly became one of my most anticipated games for the Wii, and as more information, screens, and trailers were released my interest only expanded. I am deeply concerned that this game has no North American release planned, especially considering the sparse lineup on the wii in the next year. I have been a Loyal fan of this company for over 25 years, and yet there hasn't been a game worth getting on your console for nearly 8 months... and nothing on the horizon to be excited about besides Zelda, and yet Xenoblade sits completed, and soon to be localized for Europe in English. Please consider your company's fans, please bring Xenoblade to us.

Sincerely,
(your name here - signed)

THE LAST STORY:
optional item - a small book, a cover of a book, or the last page/chapter/epilogue of a book
target date - July 18-20, 2011 (plan your letters to arrive around the 13th, not to ship on the 13th)

bellow is a letter template, but feel free to write your own, just try to be polite if possible

Dear Reggie,

As a fan of your company and of RPGs, I was extremely excited about the reveal of the Last Story. Being a fan of Mistwalker and Hironobu Sakaguchi, it quickly became one of my most anticipated games for the Wii, and when the gorgeous art and impressive screens and trailers were released I only became more excited for the game. I am deeply concerned that this game has no North American release planned, especially considering the sparse lineup on the wii in the next year. I have been a Loyal fan of this company for over 25 years, and yet there hasn't been a game worth getting on your console for nearly 8 months... and nothing on the horizon to be excited about besides Zelda, and yet the Last Story sits completed. Please consider your company's fans, please bring the Last Story to us.

Sincerely,

PANDORA'S TOWER:
optional item - MEAT, preferably a dried meat such as Beef Jerky, Slim Jims, or Landjager (Hunter's Sausage)
target date - July 25-27, 2011 (plan your letters to arrive around the 20th, not to ship on the 20th)

Dear Reggie,

As a fan of your company and of games like Castlevania, I was extremely excited about the reveal of Pandora's Tower. From the initial cryptic reveal, to the delightfully twisted plot details that followed, I have been craving this game all year. I am deeply concerned that this game has no North American release planned, especially considering the sparse lineup on the wii in the next year. I have been a Loyal fan of this company for over 25 years, and yet there hasn't been a game worth getting on your console for nearly 8 months... and nothing on the horizon to be excited about besides Zelda, and yet Pandora's Tower sits completed. Please consider your company's fans, please bring Pandora's Tower to us.

Sincerely,

send your individual letters to:

Reginald Fils-Aime (President and COO)
c/o Nintendo of America
4820 150th Ave. Northeast
Redmond, WA 98052

spread the word.... if we flood their offices we might still have a chance at getting these games

so c'mon guys, lets do this

-------
Let them know on Facebook/Twitter:

http://www.facebook.com/Nintendo/posts/162340667167231?notif_t=like

http://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica

----------

How it the campaign came about:

2008: Nintendo of america starts to have a more casual focus and stops localizing select games from Japan. Fans found this questionable, but decided to wait it out a bit.

June 2010: During E3 2010, Nintendo had no news / announcements regarding Xenoblade in the U.S. a whole year had passed since E3 2009 -- where Xenoblade was announced for a US release. Nintendo fans grow slightly worried but still very hopeful for an announcement later in the year. Meanwhile, many other games, such as The Last Story and Reginleiv, were left unannounced as well.

June 8, 2011: at the end of Nintendo's E3 2011 press conference, Xenoblade, The Last Story, and Pandora's Tower were still left out of the upcoming release list. With the end of the Wii's life-span fast approaching, Nintendo fans lost almost all hope for a release of the three J-RPGS.

June 22, 2011: IGN user themightyme, proposes "Operation: Rainfall," a campaign to get Nintendo's attention and inform them that Nintendo fans are fed up and want Xenoblade, The Last Story and Pandora's Tower.

June 23, 2011: Mathieu Minel, marketing manager of Nintendo France revealed that "Nintendo of Europe wanted to show Xenoblade Chronicles at E3 2011, but Nintendo of America wouldn't let them because they didn't want to show products they aren't planning to sell." (http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/26928). Nintendo fans start to remove the knives from their backs.

June 24, 2011: Clinging to the last bastion of hope, many Nintendo fans started to gather and lend their voice for operation: rainfall.

ShockingAlberto said:
I know through personal knowledge that this decision was made before any organized fan campaign happened.

50,000 requests mean jackshit when 100,000 sales aren't good enough.

The fact that you believe Namco's warm and cuddly explanation means their PR is more effective than I thought.

I already said before that there's more things involved. But I think it's ridiculous to assume that fan requests and fan persistence on Facebook have helped in no way. Also, those are 50,000 requests from the Internet alone. Obviously when they release it into the market, it's going to sell more than that.

Top Bottom