• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles announced for Europe (dual language voice)

Eusis

I've doubted their effectiveness since the late 90s. Part of why I only give a crap about pre-ordering, bonus in that it's at least a little more commitment than signing a petition or making a Facebook comment entails.

AceBandage said:
No. Dedication will be doing that for everything Nintendo posts on their FB page for the next month or two.

I plan on it.. well not everything.. just the stuff about wiiplayrehash and mario party 27 et al.

charlequin said:
Congratulations, you bought Namco's fake explanation of why they're localizing the game. :p

lol, please. I know there's other factors involved too but please don't think the fan requests haven't helped.

Smiles and Cries said:
okay now people just need to tell me when this game will come out in the UK I am all set to import

-1 sale for NOA is the best way to do it

September. Also less sales for NoA really is not the best way to do it...that just makes things worse.

EDarkness

I went ahead and pre-ordered a copy of Monado on Amazon. I see the comments also have hit 1,200. Gonna post something about this on my website and maybe that can help spread the word as well.

Kikujiro

In this day and age you can't just ignore fans feedbacks, it's not like single emails or petitions. If 50,000 people flood your facebook page with comments you can't just ignore them, they aren't nobodies from the internet, they are people with names and surnames, the perception is pretty different.

EDarkness

I'm surprised its in the top 100 now. Heh, I wonder if Amazon is wondering why there's been a sudden surge in pre-orders for the game. I'm glad this whole campaign got started because I feel like I can finally do something. Whether it helps or not remains to be seen, but at least we can let them know we want the games to be released in English.

EDarkness said:
I'm surprised its in the top 100 now. Heh, I wonder if Amazon is wondering why there's been a sudden surge in pre-orders for the game. I'm glad this whole campaign got started because I feel like I can finally do something. Whether it helps or not remains to be seen, but at least we can let them know we want the games to be released in English.

Well, there's more to it than that. The game is already being released in English, but seems to be snubbed for America.
On top of that, the campaign is to show Nintendo that there are still Wii Owners that would like certain types of games (particularly JRPG)

EDarkness

AceBandage said:
Well, there's more to it than that. The game is already being released in English, but seems to be snubbed for America.
On top of that, the campaign is to show Nintendo that there are still Wii Owners that would like certain types of games (particularly JRPG)

Definitely. Fortunately for me I own these games already, but I would easily pay for them again in English so that my wife can play them. She was drooling over Xenoblade while I was playing it and being able to play it in English would win Nintendo another fan. :)

ymmv

Banned
creid said:
Wow, Monado right now is:

#54 in Video Games
#1 in Video Games > Wii > Action
#6 in Video Games > Wii > All Games

Craziness!

The game is still climbing the charts :)

#33 in Video Games
#5 in Video Games > Wii > All Games

At this rate it will be the best selling game for the Wii tomorrow.

The whole movers & shakers chart shows a surprising tastefulness currently. :p
bunsqwbujfsk3nuqf.gif

I doubt it'll do much for the cause, though.

I watched some videos of this game and the game is definitely not for me. The huge boring world with hours of walking just doesn't appeal to me. If games like GTA, Oblivion, or any free roaming game bores the living crap out of you, I suggest you reconsider. I mean, I'm sure people out there will enjoy it, but there might be some huge backlash if it's not that great of a game.

Don't order multiple copies if you're not going to buy them! This will work against it if the game has 100,000 pre-orders and 50,000 actual sales. Do it only if you intend to buy it. Don't do it out of support and then cancel the order.

wrowa

slaughterking said:
The whole movers & shakers chart shows a surprising tastefulness currently. :p
http://666kb.com/i/bunsqwbujfsk3nuqf.gif[img]

I doubt it'll do much for the cause, though.[/QUOTE]
Huh. What caused the bomb of the Falcom games? Were they on sale?

Cow Mengde said:
I watched some videos of this game and the game is definitely not for me. The huge boring world with hours of walking just doesn't appeal to me. If games like GTA, Oblivion, or any free roaming game bores the living crap out of you, I suggest you reconsider. I mean, I'm sure people out there will enjoy it, but there might be some huge backlash if it's not that great of a game.

Don't order multiple copies if you're not going to buy them! This will work against it if the game has 100,000 pre-orders and 50,000 actual sales. Do it only if you intend to buy it. Don't do it out of support and then cancel the order.

I'm pretty sure Xenoblade rewards exploration in ways GTA can only dream of. And I guess it's obvious that if you don't like free roaming games you won't like this

Boerseun

Banned
The Amazon campaign is a brilliant idea.

Keep it up guys! Us PAL gamers are rooting for ya!

Cow Mengde said:

During a massive poll earlier in the year Japanese gamers voted Xenoblade the best JRPG of this generation.

Disguises

Nice work! Keep it going guys. I find it ridiculous that a company such as Nintendo would hold a game back when there's already a lot of people intending to play the game.

Sophia

Cow Mengde said:

It's not really hours of walking. Xenoblade practically rewards you for doing anything, and there are tons of landmarks you can teleport back to at any time.

Think of it more like FFXII than GTA or Oblivion.

Celine

Cow Mengde said:

Yeah that's why I more interested in Last Story.
Game is supposed to be really good though.

Boerseun said:
During a massive poll earlier in the year Japanese gamers voted Xenoblade the best JRPG of this generation.

Oh, I'm sure there are people out there who enjoys this game, but the style seems geared towards a very specific group. If everyone loves the game when it comes out in the rest of the world and votes it their RPG of the generation, that would be fine as well. I will probably give it a chance by renting it if it does come out.

Got a couple of questions about this game..

1. What is the difficulty like? is it something you can blow through without thinking?

2. How long is it?

3. Is there a new game+ or any post game content?

Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #25 in Video Games (See Top 100 in Video Games)
#4 in Video Games > Wii > All Games

KEEP IT GOING! If we get it to the top, they can't ignore that. Even NoA should realize that.

jRPG

It's pretty amazing how this seems to be going so far. I just hope, should Nintendo listen and actually release this in NA, that people will be prepared to turn their energy used attracting NoA's attention, into recommending the game, keeping word of mouth going, essentially doing the job NoA probably won't do, even if it does get released, ie, promoting it!

Top Bottom