• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles announced for Europe (dual language voice)

lunchwithyuzo said:
To be honest, this would probably be the best way to try and get NOA to do a release of Xenoblade. People should just go and preorder it in huge numbers.

Well it's certainly happening. #682 in Video Games, #20 for Action Wii games, #76 for Wii overall.

creid

lunchwithyuzo said:
To be honest, this would probably be the best way to try and get NOA to do a release of Xenoblade. People should just go and preorder it in huge numbers.
Ha, I actually ordered it today, checked a half an hour later and the ranking had gone down :/

Bulzeeb said:
whooa over 600 post on facebook already, do you think it will make it to say 1000?
What are you talking about, exactly? Link for the ignorant?

And I didn't know you could pre-order Monado. I think I may do that right now.

I hope this push from gamers works and that it doesn't go the way of Mother 3.

Seda

dragonlife29 said:
What are you talking about, exactly? Link for the ignorant?

And I didn't know you could pre-order Monado. I think I may do that right now.

I hope this push from gamers works and that it doesn't go the way of Mother 3.

This is Nintendo's official Facebook page:

http://www.facebook.com/Nintendo

It's relatively new (opened in early June).

While Facebook users cannot actually post (share) anything on the page, they can comment on anything Nintendo posts on the page. Several of the the topics Nintendo posts are being flooded with comments on Xenobalde, The Last Story, etc...

The count is referring to number comments on Nintendo's latest post for Mario and Sonic 2012, none of which actually have anything to do with that game.

Big One

Banned
AceBandage said:
No. Dedication will be doing that for everything Nintendo posts on their FB page for the next month or two.
Don't even need to debate that. It clearly will and will probably get bigger and trendy to post.

Sophia

AceBandage said:
No. Dedication will be doing that for everything Nintendo posts on their FB page for the next month or two.

With the way the news is spreading, I wouldn't be surprised if this actually happens.

Seda

Big One said:
Don't even need to debate that. It clearly will and will probably get bigger and trendy to post.

Every time I see a Nintendo post show up on my Facebook feed....I certainly will comment on Xenoblade et al.

should link facebook with twitter. that wah when they post on twitter it goes to facebook. that way they don't have to see the comments and let the page build up.

Sophia

AniHawk said:
well i for one am glad we've finally found a replacement for those online petitions.
ShockingAlberto said:
It's better this than the equally useful activity of sitting on one's hands and doing nothing.

Yup. Also, the written campaign part. Dunno how many will actually do it, but even if it's a few, it'll send a message.

AniHawk

you're right, this is less of a waste of time.

sorry, but if starmen.net's 30k petition thing they spent somewhere half a decade building and sent to itoi, noa, and ncl didn't help in the slightest, i doubt this will.

Seda

AniHawk said:

It's quite likely that similar methods helped Namco to decide to localize Tales of Graces. Their CM was very clearly aware of what fans wanted before he announced that. So, if it worked once....

Eusis

I'd be surprised if Xenoblade had the potential legal issues that the Mother series has had, though I'm not bothering with anything but a Monado pre-order (and that was a short while back anyway) since that's the only thing I think has a semblance of a chance.

Sophia

AniHawk said:

sorry, but if starmen.net's 30k petition thing they spent somewhere half a decade building and sent to itoi, noa, and ncl didn't help in the slightest, i doubt this will.

There's a slight difference between Mother 3 (untranslated, and look how difficult it was to hack, plus apparently copyright issues?) and Xenoblade (Already getting an English release. Work's pretty much done.)

Marrshu said:
There's a slight difference between Mother 3 (untranslated, and look how difficult it was to hack, plus apparently copyright issues?) and Xenoblade (Already getting an English release. Work's pretty much done.)

Pretty much. Logistically speaking, it seems much easier, at least from an outsider's perspective, to reverse this decision. Of course, if they do release it in North America, then get ready for a bunch of insufferable gloating from Nintendo about how Nintendo listens to and cares about their fans, even as they let other games languished, unlocalized.

Bel Marduk said:
Well the Facebook page has reached 1000 comments :)
I finally added a comment, myself. Took me forever to figure out you had to "Like" the page first. I only knew that because of the Soul Calibur V/Namco one.

Seda said:
It's quite likely that similar methods helped Namco to decide to localize Tales of Graces. Their CM was very clearly aware of what fans wanted before he announced that. So, if it worked once....
I am 100% confident it had almost nothing to do with that decision.

ShockingAlberto said:
I am 100% confident it had almost nothing to do with that decision.

So you say, but...

http://www.siliconera.com/2011/02/0...ndais-decision-to-localize-tales-of-graces-f/

When Namco Bandai confirmed Tales of Graces F for North America during their press event, Carlson Choi, Vice President of Marketing, mentioned there were over 50,000 requests asking for Tales. The announcement was teased as a puzzle, which they estimated would take 40 hours for one person to solve. It was cracked by Tales fans in nine and half hours.

"There is a strong existing fanbase. The buzz became too big to ignore, in a sense. Our company’s new theme and challenge is how to embrace community," Makoto Iwai, Bandai Label President, said in a Siliconera interview.

"It’s been a challenge for the JRPG in the US market. As long as they are loyal to this title, why don’t we embrace them? That’s a starting point."

Fan requests sure seemed like it helped to me.

bh7812

Banned
Tguy said:
Thanks man I preciate it.

Just a heads up, as of this morning Game.co.uk still hasn't opened pre-orders or ordering on the site, I have the page book marked and have created my account there so when orders do start and I expect that within the next month I can order quickly. I would encourage everyone else who's going to import to do the same. It will just save you a lot of time when that time comes and will probably mean you'll get a copy.

HOLY damn close to 1,100 comments when I looked a little while ago. Good! Reggie and NOA need to wake up to this, quit their backwards decisions, and bring out these games. What's remarkable is this is just ONE day's worth of comments. If this keeps up they're going to HAVE to address this and hopefully change their mind. I certainly voiced my opinion on there that's for sure. Even if it's already been said, as one of the comments on there said, it's worth it still to make your voiice heard. Tell them you're done with the crap, and let them know there is most certainly a market in the US for these games! I don't think the Tales campaign had this hard of a push in one day. The Tales and Yakuza campaigns are the only ones similar to this coming to mind.

This push is great, keep it up! They're going to have to deal with it soon if people keep pushing this...here's a few other things people can do to make a difference.

If you can afford to do so and have the time, actually call NOA directly and ask to speak to Reggie directly. If he doesn't andswer leave him a voice mail! Regardless of if you get to speak to him directly or get his voicemail, be civil..tell him what's on your mind..and that you will not put up with this any longer. Between having to talk to upset people and voicemails, he will HAVE to address this and re-think all of this. Here's their phone number:

(425) 882-2040..that's their DIRECT phone number not the toll free customer service one. That's probably the number you'll want to use. Note to Mods: I normally never post phone numbers for companies but in this one case I hope it will be ok since people should stand up and make their voices heard.

Also, if you can afford it I would even call Mr. Iwata in Japan directly, I've always liked Mr. Iwata and thought of him as a good guy. I have a feeling he's being left in the dark at least on some of what's going on at NOA. He needs to be informed about all of this..again be civil and courteous. This is Reggie's boss and it's time for him to do a complete job evaluation on Reggie, holding him accountable for the decisions he's made and actions he's taken. Personally, I believe Reggie's time at that company needs to end and Iwata needs to oversee NOA for the short term if not permanently. Here's their phone number:

+81-75-662-9600

I'm wanting to give people all the ideas I could think of that may make a difference because this decision to not bring these games is completely asinine especially when they're already in English and full voice overs. Hope this will be helpful to others!

daffy

Banned
AniHawk said:

I was a part of that petition!!!

Which is why this one looks completely useless to me. Now I'm cynical towards all online petitions such as these. This game is being localized though, so you never know.

Top Bottom