• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade coming to the U.S. via Gamestop Exclusive (also avail on Nintendo.com)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Princess Skittles

Prince's's 'Skittle's
I WILL PREORDER.

Now I wonder if there's any chance of that Final Fantasy guy's game coming over too.
I think if this is true, I would put faith in The Last Story and Pandora's Tower coming over in a similar fashion as well.

The system STILL sold TONS this Black Friday. Nintendo NEEDS a 2012 release schedule for Wii. I think this reality finally hit them.

Zangeki, on the other hand.. *pours a forty*

Zwei

I might be acting entirely as a smart ass at this point, but saying "almost no money" still means that they get some money when people don't want to give GameStop any money.

free-happy-smileys-839.gif

jorgeton

so is this really happening then?

guess I have to buy a Wii now. luckily by the time this comes out they'll be less than 80 bucks.

Imbarkus

As Sartre noted in his contemplation on Hell in No Exit, the true horror is other members.
Excellent.

My laziness to mod my Wii is paying dividends.

Still won't let me play my imported fatal frame four, fucker. Am jealous. Nintendo still sucks.

What don't you like about it? I thought it was really well done and a refreshing change. The way the characters go about their banter during batlle is great.

"Not great" doesn't mean bad. I mean it was okay, but it didn't really leave a big impression on me other than the annoying battle quips. I've seen it compared to Dragon Quest VIII's dub, but I don't it's nearly that level of quality. Character in that game aren't constantly spouting off.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Not gonna get excited yet, but GREAT news if true.

batbeg

Even though I've long been a Monolithsoft junkie (*hugs Dizasuta/BK2*) I neglected to buy this at release as I'd just started a new job, and have just not got around to doing it. While it'd be easier to get the import for me (British Wii), I will save my time and money for whenever this hits locally and enjoy it then.

Thank you NoA, I know it hurt to cave even this much to gamer demand.

I wonder how these exclusives work financially...like does GS exclusive mean that GS buys the whole print run from Nintendo, so that they, not Nintendo, eat the cost if the game bombs? Does it mean that GS has more faith in the game and more willingness to bring their checkbook to the table to get it brought over than NoA does?

I might not bite if it doesn't get redubbed. Honestly, that's the main reason I'm considering double dipping. Good on other people who finally get to play one of the best games of the year, though. :D

We don't even know if this announcement in of itself is 100% true yet.

But it's possible that it could get a re-dub, but April 2012 would be a pretty quick turnaround for a game that has such a massive amount of voice work as this one (unless NoA has been stealth localizing it all along, which would give rise to the question on why they couldn't have just stated such to eliminate a lot of the Operation Rainfall heat).

So this isn't even confirmed? OP should have put "rumor" in the title.

zigg

I wonder how these exclusives work financially...like does GS exclusive mean that GS buys the whole print run from Nintendo, so that they, not Nintendo, eat the cost if the game bombs? Does it mean that GS has more faith in the game and more willingness to bring their checkbook to the table to get it brought over than NoA does?
I always got the impression that in cases like these, retailers in general considered it toxic, so they'd only touch it if Nintendo guaranteed they were the sole source and thus knew they wouldn't have to share the anticipatedly miniscule sales with other retailers.

I could be way off though.

Mashing

I still have my Amazon preorder (during op rainfall), but I'll go ahead and bite on this since we know for sure this time that is coming.

Gambit

congratulations North America! You are really in for a treat.

Now you can only hope they keep the British dub as it adds so much charm and character.
It reaches Star Fox 64 level of quotability.

Effect

Has anyone had a chance to call their local GameStop to see if they can preorder it now? Or if it's in all systems yet?

Jarmel

Banned
This makes no fucking sense. Would Nintendo allow Gamestop to publish one of their own games? Has Gamestop ever published a game before? Is Nintendo just giving Gamestop exclusive rights to sell the game?

This is the biggest left field announcement I've seen since FFXIII went multiplatform.

Luigiv

This makes no fucking sense. Would Nintendo allow Gamestop to publish one of their own games? Has Gamestop ever published a game before?

This is the biggest left field announcement I've seen since FFXIII went multiplatform.

What? Gamestop isn't publishing the game, they just have an exclusive distribution deal with Nintendo.

This makes no fucking sense. Would Nintendo allow Gamestop to publish one of their own games? Has Gamestop ever published a game before? Is Nintendo just giving Gamestop exclusive rights to sell the game?

They'd just be the exclusive retailer, much like how Chibi Robo Park Patrol was only sold at Walmart. Probably struck a deal to take the hit if it didn't sell well enough.

Apparently Assasin's Creed Revelations had a similar GS exclusive sku early on, and that ended up being a signature edition. The game itself wasn't GS exclusive. Could be a similar thing here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom