• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade coming to the U.S. via Gamestop Exclusive (also avail on Nintendo.com)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paracelsus

Apparently Assasin's Creed Revelations had a similar GS exclusive sku early on, and that ended up being a signature edition. The game itself wasn't GS exclusive. Could be a similar thing here.

Yeah, after all why would you be pointing out it's "Gamestop exclusive" if you are the only retailer carrying the game, maybe it's some paper sleeve/steelbox version or something.

DarkPanda

Great news to wake up to! Better late than never, though I have no doubt that sales will be hurt by no being available big box stores/Amazon/Walmart and by people who imported not being willing to double-dip. I'll definitely be picking up a copy, if only to show support. The question is, will my EU save work with the American version?

wsippel

Banned
=(

I would've bought this again to play it in english

<3 Sandlot
Damn fun game. Great use of Motion+, too. Better than in Skyward Sword. And man, does it feel great to rip right through a huge mass of giants using Freyr incredibly overpowered single shot bows. Luckily, it's perfectly playable (and mostly understandable) without any knowledge in Japanese.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
All you silly people who didn't mod your Wii to play this already better buy this game.

Also, this is not a first for Nintendo, as far as niche games being store-exclusive. Chibi-Robo: Park Patrol was a Wal-Mart exclusive.

That's assuming this is even real.

erragal

Aw yeah, decade old MMO quests, mash button combat and a big ass empty world.

My feelings exactly. I thought the social system had promise but was ultimately shallow. It's a stripped down hotkey mmo for consoles with far less environmental detail and embedded lore than a game like Rift or Wow.

Jarmel

Banned
They'd just be the exclusive retailer, much like how Chibi Robo Park Patrol was only sold at Walmart. Probably struck a deal to take the hit if it didn't sell well enough.

It's just I've never heard of this being done before with games so I'm just thinking up all possibilities.

Paracelsus

My feelings exactly. I thought the social system had promise but was ultimately shallow. It's a stripped down hotkey mmo for consoles with far less environmental detail and embedded lore than a game like Rift or Wow.

Well man, it's either that or going literally mmo (DQ?), I'd rather have an offline version trying to make the best out of everything (npc talking, random environments strolling) than being forced to play multiplayer which I don't care about.

wsippel

Banned
You didn't really play the game, did you?

Codeblue

I would have still imported it rather than buying from Gamestop.

It is an amazing game though. I hope Last Story makes it over, but NoA needs to at least announce it before the European release for me to care.

Some of you seem to be COMPLAINING that the US is getting a release.

for shame.

why shouldn't we? It will almost be a year by the time it comes to us in April. Almost a fricken year.

Reggie's a prick, and Pandora's Tower/Last Story still have no sign of coming to the US and those are great games too

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
iNymO.png

From the NoA Facebook page.

Edit: Beat. Relix!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom