• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yakuza 0 |OT| Yes, you can start with this one!

15 hours in on Chapter 5! Shit is getting intense story wise.

And that real estate agent mini game is confusing.

It's really simple, the game just overexplains things a little.

The one thing it doesn't explain:

X is not so great, triangle is alright, O is good and double-O is the best.

All you really do is, in-between each collection you pick the right advisor for the right property (Someone who has a double-O in the food category for a restaurant for example.) to level up that property. The higher the level, the more money you get. The difference between each level is huge.

Also, go and buy new properties. Buying properties and levelling those up is how you increase your share in the area which is your end goal.

Your security staff and managers have these rotating stats, 4 numbers, one of those is the currently active stat and between each collection it'll switch to a different one, but honestly, those are not terribly important, just pick the employee with the highest numbers of stars and switch them out if they go down.

danowat

Banned
Damn, that was tight!

21316117_101560554108g5kci.jpg

Anyone have any tips on making the most money per fight in the Bed of Styx? I haven't lost a fight, but it is going to take another 20-30 tournaments just to get higher than Rank B. Endless Routs don't seem to make too much either. Am I just doing something wrong or am I missing something?

Ok, this method was something I got from a Gamefaqs user and works well enough. Still a grind, but its quick and easy.

First off, you will need to unlock the golden gun for Kiryu. Go out and buy that from the shrine (it costs 40 CP points, not to mention all the points you will need for the preceeding items in the list).

Also, this one isn't required but its how I did it, you also need the Dragon style, so go complete Kiryu's Real Estate quest as well.

Now go to the bed of Styx and choose the newest tournament you have access to. Mainly just use the golden gun - it has infinite bullets, gives you max heat immediately and no one can block shots. To get extra money, complete the requests that pop up and mix in some Dragon heat moves. I like to do the bitch slap move at the beginning of fights (hold R1 and hit triangle when you have some distance between you and the enemy). Then when they are in their brief invisible state around 75% through the fight when they are almost dead, run up to them and de equip your gun and press triangle (do not hold R1 down) to do a level 3 powerful heat move for some decent damage and extra cash.

This method gets you 20,000,000 cash in the penultimate tournament, so you'll need to win around 25 times to get the last tournament to open up. Its a grind, but its the best method I've found that pays well and is quick at the same time.

Ok, this method was something I got from a Gamefaqs user and works well enough. Still a grind, but its quick and easy.

First off, you will need to unlock the golden gun for Kiryu. Go out and buy that from the shrine (it costs 40 CP points, not to mention all the points you will need for the preceeding items in the list).

Also, this one isn't required but its how I did it, you also need the Dragon style, so go complete Kiryu's Real Estate quest as well.

Now go to the bed of Styx and choose the newest tournament you have access to. Mainly just use the golden gun - it has infinite bullets, gives you max heat immediately and no one can block shots. To get extra money, complete the requests that pop up and mix in some Dragon heat moves. I like to do the bitch slap move at the beginning of fights (hold R1 and hit triangle when you have some distance between you and the enemy). Then when they are in their brief invisible state around 75% through the fight when they are almost dead, run up to them and de equip your gun and press triangle (do not hold R1 down) to do a level 3 powerful heat move for some decent damage and extra cash.

This method gets you 20,000,000 cash in the penultimate tournament, so you'll need to win around 25 times to get the last tournament to open up. Its a grind, but its the best method I've found that pays well and is quick at the same time.

I'll do that than! Still a little grindy, but way less than it normally would. I've had the Golden Gun yet somehow didn't think I could use it in the Bed of Styx. I always forget to use it anyway. Thanks for the tips!

I'll do that than! Still a little grindy, but way less than it normally would. I've had the Golden Gun yet somehow didn't think I could use it in the Bed of Styx. I always forget to use it anyway. Thanks for the tips!

No prob :) I'm really looking forward to hitting up the last arena tournament just so I can fight the last couple of fighters that only appear in that tourney. Komeki is pretty fun to fight in the current tourney I'm doing, he's always been my favourite character to fight in the arena throughout the series - tough as nails but cool none the less. In the original Yakuza (PS2) release he's insanely difficult to beat thanks to the lock on the game had, basically impossible to hit him and he deals insane damage AND can use the Tiger Drop to KO you without breaking a sweat!

How does the post-endgame work in 0? Should I finish up any substories/minigames before tackling the point of no return or can I continue with my save in that Premium Adventure mode to switch characters?

How does the post-endgame work in 0? Should I finish up any substories/minigames before tackling the point of no return or can I continue with my save in that Premium Adventure mode to switch characters?
You can finish any and all substories that you haven't already, as well as do anything in the world not related to the main quest while in premium adventure mode. You have the option to change characters as well as costumes while in premium adventure mode and you of course carry over all the progress you've made up to that point in the savegame.

So no worries about missing out on side content.

You can finish any and all substories that you haven't already, as well as do anything in the world not related to the main quest while in premium adventure mode. You have the option to change characters as well as costumes while in premium adventure mode and you of course carry over all the progress you've made up to that point in the savegame.

So no worries about missing out on side content.

Awesome, thanks.

I was pulling like 100m a night by the point that fight happened so I found it quite easy. Really if you do well in the game overall I had no trouble with any of the Cabaret stuff.

Same here. I only got less in the last battle because of the power up the boss used, he managed to get rid of several high paying customers... Still managed to beat him handily with 2x the amount of profit though!

RPGCrazied

All you really do is, in-between each collection you pick the right advisor for the right property (Someone who has a double-O in the food category for a restaurant for example.) to level up that property. The higher the level, the more money you get. The difference between each level is huge.

Also, go and buy new properties. Buying properties and levelling those up is how you increase your share in the area which is your end goal.

Your security staff and managers have these rotating stats, 4 numbers, one of those is the currently active stat and between each collection it'll switch to a different one, but honestly, those are not terribly important, just pick the employee with the highest numbers of stars and switch them out if they go down.

Thanks for that, now I'm on the other mini game, the club one, but seems easier!

So, I finally got the trouble finder. I equip it, but nothing shows on the map. Have I just done all the sub stories I could this chapter? I'm on chapter 7.

Where can I buy some perfume to recruit someone for the club?

Thanks for that, now I'm on the other mini game, the club one, but seems easier!

So, I finally got the trouble finder. I equip it, but nothing shows on the map. Have I just done all the sub stories I could this chapter? I'm on chapter 7.

Where can I buy some perfume to recruit someone for the club?

Le Marche

xrnzaaas

Man fuck that autobiography item. I wasted a good hour trying to deal with the insane difficulty spike.

On the plus side I'm loving the cabaret business minigame. It's much more fun than just buying properties.

Ok, unlocked all the arena tournaments now, and have beaten all but one of the fighters in the arena (fair and square!). Only one I have left is a guy named "David Daibol", who may as well be called "Seijima Taiga" with the way he fights (direct copy of Seijima's moves list!). Tough as nails as well, super armor on pretty much all his attacks and he hits like a tank. Definitely up there as one of the toughest opponents in the game (alongside Amon). Going to level up some more and finish the game off before tackling him.

So how do you use more then 3 hostesses at the club? I have more.

The club is still rank F.

Prepare to open > Cast on duty

I wrapped up the main story to this over the weekend, surprisingly I think it's managed to take my GOTY spot. Still have the Cabaret Club storyline and a handful of substories to complete but all of the gambling CPs have put me off trying to 100% it, which is a shame because I absolutely would if not for them. Amazing game other than that.

So that's the good news, the bad news is that I have to add the other 6 Yakuza games to my backlog ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I can't wait.

danmaku

I highly recommend finishing the 2 main minigames storylines, especially the cabaret club. It's hilarious and looks basically like a parody of their own writing style, with tons of twists and turns thrown in just because.

RPGCrazied

Do you have more than three hostesses employed? There are some to recruit around town, you get some as "rewards" for substories and you get some for taking over other clubs.

Yes, I have 5. But I've looked through all the menu's. Still not seeing how to add more. It always starts with just 3.

danmaku

When you select an empty slot it should show all your hostesses, with the ones already selected grayed out. Do you see only 3 girls when you do that?

Gintamen

The final cabaret match against Tsukiyama is breaking me. All gold hostess maxed, platinum on middle 30s. Will it be any easier having them maxed too? Stealing my customers isn't as much of a problem as the massive loss of stamina/HP.

The final cabaret match against Tsukiyama is breaking me. All gold hostess maxed, platinum on middle 30s. Will it be any easier having them maxed too? Stealing my customers isn't as much of a problem as the massive loss of stamina/HP.

How many fans do you have in the Club Moon area? As the more fans you have the easier the club match will be. I had 30,000 when I took on Club Moon and cleared it first time. Also make sure your giving the girls expensive gifts when their shifts are over with each customer to restore them some health, and also use fever time where possible which also restores girls health. Grinding up to the 30,000 fans will give you decent amounts of money and give the girls decent XP so they'll be close/max leveled (at least for me they were, I think all but the last two plat hostesses I recruited were max level).

Also, not sure if it makes a blind bit of difference but I also completed the training/side stories for all 5? plat hostesses I had up to that point before taking on Club Moon.

Gintamen

Have finished all training, ~40-50k fans in moon area and he still blasts me with a 30 to 50mil Yen finish. Game difficulty doesn't matter right? His power grows to fast..

Try to reserve heat usage for when he reduces your health. You build up meter pretty quickly if you have a good roster, so it's just about maximizing your gains at that point. When a customer leaves, just get your hostesses' health restored.

ultron87

Coming back to this to try and finish it, I'm good to just mostly ignore the side stuff, right? I'm in Chapter 11. I definitely had some good chuckles from the stories and whatnot, but at this point I just wanna see what happens to these guys and how many more people they punch.

Clive

Coming back to this to try and finish it, I'm good to just mostly ignore the side stuff, right? I'm in Chapter 11. I definitely had some good chuckles from the stories and whatnot, but at this point I just wanna see what happens to these guys and how many more people they punch.

You only have to finish what the game tells you is the next objective and most side content is completely optional. If you do very little of it then I'd recommend packing your inventory almost full of the best healing items though since some late sequences can offer a bit of a challenge. Depending on how good you are with the combat of course.

RPGCrazied

When you select an empty slot it should show all your hostesses, with the ones already selected grayed out. Do you see only 3 girls when you do that?

That was it, thanks. Had to select an empty spot to get one in.

And finally beat Club mars, was intense, have 400 million now.

Gintamen

I had 4 LVL 40 Platinum hostesses at that point don't you have that?
Fooled around with the golden ones too much I guess. Put so much time into that game already, will make them 40 in three more "evenings".

I've got an endless stream of the filthy rich guys coming, but once I'm able to sit down with the sixth hostess, Tsukiyama uses his ability to force all of them out. His meter nearly grows 3x times as fast. Wish they would scream help faster to get some quick grow in meter. I'm even using the select a hostess menu to get around the long sitting animation. Got most platinums triple double ringed too.

Was so frustrated that I've started playing story again haha. Will beat the living shit out off Tsukiyama in the fight after... damn cheater.

I thought the club battles got progressively easier and the difference between my and their earnings only got bigger each time.

Just make sure you always have your hostesses in Money Fever asap (Or extend their sessions.)

If they're in fever mode, they're not affected by the enemy's status attacks.

Bollocks

just finished chapter 2, now had that 15m cutscene with a completely new character with a totally absurd scene.

I guess this is shaping up to be my GOTY, it's nothing I've ever played before, all the while it is so engaging.

I don't even like fighting games, but here I don't mind, there's just something to it. I guess it is the 'japaneseness' of the game, it's definitely not a cookie cutter game.

I had a plan for the weekend which involved beating this then jumping to Kiwami... I fucked up by unlocking the caberet and all my free time going there. I have made zero story progress and just beat all the clubs and unlocked
the fourth fighting style
. It's comical how overpowered majima is now. I cat wait to go back to kiryu and do jack shit but real estate.

RPGCrazied

Holy shit, that cutscene
at the end of chapter 8.

And of course it goes to the other character after that. lol

Come on!

TsuWave

just played my first two pocket circuit races and won both. i'd actually pay for a dedicated pocket circuit game. this shit is fun lmao

Finished this the other night. Clocked in at about 43 hours, didn't even unlock the hidden styles and only messed with maybe half of the side quests, if that.

F'n fantastic game. My first Yakuza, and now Ill be gettin in on Kiwami 1 and 2.

I always liked the premise of the game and it always seemed appealing, but couldn't jump into it until now.

Great game, good variety of addictive mini games, gripping story, memorable characters, legit funny, and just fun as hell.

AND The main battle theme during story fights/finale fr makes me wanna fn crack some skulls lol.

Worth the hype for sure. There's been times I felt GAF overhyped some of the more niche games, but this deserves all the love and then some.

Is yakuza 0 considered one of the best in the series? It's just such a great game that has obv built on the series, I feel like some of the older entries might not hang with it.

danmaku

I had a plan for the weekend which involved beating this then jumping to Kiwami... I fucked up by unlocking the caberet and all my free time going there. I have made zero story progress and just beat all the clubs and unlocked
. It's comical how overpowered majima is now. I cat wait to go back to kiryu and do jack shit but real estate.

Unfortunately Kiryu's secret style is not nearly as OP as Majima's. Unless there's some super broken move I don't know...

Is yakuza 0 considered one of the best in the series? It's just such a great game that has obv built on the series, I feel like some of the older entries might not hang with it.

Kind of. The series continued to evolve over 10 years and 0 is basically the result of refining it that far. So the combat is pretty much the best its ever been, the amount of content is the best its ever been etc. technically 5 had more content, but spread out over 5 characters made it feel bloated at times, and that also really messed up the story. 0 gave you only 2 playable characters, and had you switch between them every 2 chapters which made the story and gameplay flow far, far better compared to 4 and 5.
Plus the story itself manages to stay a bit more grounded compared to more recent chapters, and that helped. And it also helps that it was set during an interesting time period and brought back many favourite characters of the series (which in turn allowed the team to flesh out Nishiki way more which only served to improve the Yakuza 1 remake in the process.

But bear in mind the rest of the series are quite similar to 0 - with tons of awesome characters, badass heat moves, side stories, mini games etc. So if you enjoyed 0 then you'll almost certainly enjoy the rest of the series, everyone has different ideas on which games are their favourite - I love Yakuza 5 for example despite many people not being fans of it, I'd also rate the Japan only release Yakuza Kenzan in my top 3 titles. Honestly I'd just recommend playing the series through at your own pace and enjoy the ride :)

Rymuth

You finally discovered the secret GOTY of 2017 - Yakuza 0's cabaret clubs

You're already dead.

Theonik

4 was kind of the turning point for modern Yakuza. 5 does a lot of new things that you're accustomed in 0 but is less refined. Kiwami is very much similar to 0 but some parts from what I've experienced so far flow a bit less well mostly as a result of basically being Yakuza 1 with new mechanics. Majima is everywhere is amazing though.

MattAces

How freaking good can this game be? I'm new to this series, took me long enough but Holy shit.
I'm in chapter 4, 10 hours in. I'm just so into everything in the world.
Pocket Racer buying parts, minigames, substories, everything is so god damn good.
Majima intro is the most enjoyable and impressive scene I've seen for awhile.

Now I'm really sad that I won't have the chance to play 3,4,5.
At least I can get into Kiwami 2 later this year if English version is not coming soon.

Some Nobody

Thanks for putting this up, it was a lot of help. I just got through Chapter 5 the other night, and I'm still at the start of Ch. 6 but I took out the Leisure King just because once I figured it out playing with Real Estate was so fun.

I hate how when a rival club is up, and your best hostesses are absent.

How long does that last?

Hostesses are absent for one "day". So just choose your worst hostesses and open as normal (do not do the rival challenge immediately) and then when you go to open the club again (or attempt the rival battle) all your good hostesses will be rested.

Keep in mind the rival club challenges do not expire. They merely open up that option when you hit a certain fan limit in each club area. I always level my hostesses up further and build up a larger fan base in the area before attempting any challenges as the more fans you have the better (i.e. more rich) customers you will have. This makes you more money and makes battles easier.

Top Bottom