• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

P4A2 - Best Buy description reveals new characters?

If Rise's playable too, then what about...
Fuuka_yamagishi_in_P3_Movie.png

Why the fuck would you go with Ken when you still have Kororomaru? Yukari is awesome though, so that justifies a purchase for me already. I'm just glad Fuuka doesn't suddenly show up.

did you miss my whole explanation why a small dog shouldn't be in the game.

Small hitbox characters are not fun to fight against and the combat system of P4A isn't suited for one unless you make really stupid adjustments (give him a bigger hitbox than his model or make the model bigger; both of which bring in more issues)

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
did you miss my whole explanation why a small dog shouldn't be in the game.

Small hitbox characters are not fun to fight against and the combat system of P4A isn't suited for one unless you make really stupid adjustments (give him a bigger hitbox than his model or make the model bigger; both of which bring in more issues)

How about a midget riding Koromaru?

I would have preferred him having a slightly bigger hitbox and have decreased life and power in order to balance the fact that he's smaller, I suppose. But I guess the combat system is indeed not suited for a smaller character (I admittedly didn't read it).

It's just that I really hate Ken.

the dog would have to be half the size of mitsuru at the very least. He has to be tall enough that the dog gets hit with 5a if he is standing. Even then it would be an issue because mitsuru would have little options if the dog is just crouching all day.

It would just be weird and awkward to shoehorn the dog in. The hitboxes in P4A aren't nearly as generous (minus a few lololmitsuru's dp) as marvel.

I rather have other characters and introduce more unique style of play. Having a persona reliant character is not unique. Elizabeth, yukiko, slabs, teddie and more are just as reliant.

Also the problem with making the dog artificially taller is that the dog will also be wider. Dogs have wider hitbox than humans and they would just be free to crossups.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
the dog would have to be half the size of mitsuru at the very least. He has to be tall enough that the dog gets hit with 5a if he is standing. Even then it would be an issue because mitsuru would have little options if the dog is just crouching all day.

It would just be weird and awkward to shoehorn the dog in. The hitboxes in P4A aren't nearly as generous (minus a few lololmitsuru's dp) as marvel.

Have you considered my solution?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
The salt over Ken would be delicious. I'd be one of the few glad he'd be picked over Kuromaru.

(Though Minato still needs to be put in)

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
After they semi-teased us with silhouettes looking like Persona 2 characters in Mitsuru's description of the Shadow Operatives, I am kind of disappointed we're not getting P1/2 characters... I guess they're not popular enough compared to the P3/P4 cast. Tatsuya or Maya would be great additions to the roster, I think.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
wouldn't people be upset about that canon wise? Also would make a weird hitbox. Would be free to crossups all day due to how wide it would be

But what if the midget was a Persona?

so like yukiko, naoto, elizabeth, shadow labrys, and teddie (edit; to some extent yu)? Small hitbox characters are just not fun to fight against. Especially when the dog is like half the size of ken which means if he was in the game he would naturally low profile a lot of normals.

How is mitsuru supposed to even hit the dog. Her 5a would go over it (characters can actively low profile it) and she can't combo off of 2a. Its just a nightmare to balance around. Marvel sort of gets over this by having very generous hit sphere but even then they have large issues.

edit
Did I forget to mention Chie can already low profile elizabeth's beams? Now imagine the dog.

edit 2
I just watched Iggy in jojo. Really? I just saw a few moves clearly whiffing because of the size issue. Now we're talking about persona. A game that is more mobile and have more high/low. It could work but it would just be stupid in terms of competitive play.

Keep in mind, the real crux of the matter is keeping Ken out of the game. That sweetens the deal. Or you know, Lisa/Ulala. Heh. heheheheh...

Neoxon

Am I the only one who doesn't mind Ken?

Curious about Rise's moveset, though. I kinda know what to expect from Ken.

PK Gaming

Wouldn't it be cool if Koromaru was - NO DOG CHARACTERS
Ok, but what if - NO DOG CHARACTERS
How about - NO DOG CHARACTERS
But they could always - WHAT DID I JUST SAY?
But Koromaru ;-; - NO DOG CHARACTERS

Ok.

Maybe Ken and Koromaru can Voltron into one normal-size character. I mean, given the people making this it wouldn't be their most outlandish character design.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Despite not being taken seriously by some people here, I would like to present my final suggestion. What if the dog, were riding his dogs?

PfOhVxS.jpg

Obviously in game it wouldn't be poorly Photoshop and have a sweet little chariot seat, but this is the best proof of concept I could offer in this timespan. The chains around the necks could be extended to the chariot thing, so it wouldn't be entirely out of left field. The canon reason for Cerberus not disappearing on hit, would be that it's a reflection of the near limitless endurance man's best friend has displayed in game. Furthermore Koromaru is clearly very unique as is for being the first animal we know of to manifest a Persona. Thank you for your time.

bonercop

Yep.

Koromaru will never be a Persona 4 Arena character.

eh, If koromaru's persona was always active and any damage given to it would translate to damage to Koromaru that would work. That's how the jojo fighting game got around having a dog in its roster.

Without the chariot of course, because that's just stupid.

FluxWaveZ

eh, If koromaru's persona was always active and any damage given to it would translate to damage to Koromaru that would work. That's how the jojo fighting game got around having a dog in its roster.

Then does that mean Koromaru would have the advantage that Sho has not having to manage Persona cards, but without the disadvantage of not having a Persona? That doesn't seem right.

Again, it's on the devs to include him, and they haven't. I don't believe he will ever be a P4A character.

DVCY201

I'm going to bet it's real. Knowing ArcSys and Atlus, they could come up with a move-set for Rise. Ken seems obvious, because that should be just about everyone from P3 right? Just Koromaru and Fuuka are missing.

FSLink

Banned
Shadow Rise seems like a fanservice opportunity they wouldn't want to miss anyway.

So I'm guessing it's real, and yeah, as much as I hate Ken he seems like an inevitable choice.

I just really want P1 and P2 characters but I guess that'll never happen in these crossovers. :p

I wonder if they are hiding Ken.

Looks like they didn't black out the image, they just darkened it. So you can see what's on it if you increase the brightness and zoom in. The other person on the page is Yu Narukami, though his hair looks a bit different, more disheveled. Possibly Shadow Yu?

raven777

Looks like they didn't black out the image, they just darkened it. So you can see what's on it if you increase the brightness and zoom in. The other person on the page is Yu Narukami, though his hair looks a bit different, more disheveled. Possibly Shadow Yu?

yea just saw that. I wonder what it is.

Top Bottom