• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

P4A2 - Best Buy description reveals new characters?

Can't decide which one makes less sense, Rise or Ken. Rise never fights, but I can't imagine anyone at Atlus thinking, "oh yeah, clearly what this game needs is more Ken." RYOJI would've been a better choice.

Anyways, I'm guessing this is all a mistake because seriously, Rise can't fight.

or fuck everything, get Maya in there, let's positive thinking

FluxWaveZ

Can't decide which one makes less sense, Rise or Ken. Rise never fights, but I can't imagine anyone at Atlus thinking, "oh yeah, clearly what this game needs is more Ken." RYOJI would've been a better choice.

Anyways, I'm guessing this is all a mistake because seriously, Rise can't fight.

Ken was once a part of SEES and him returning would make much more sense than Rise. I don't know what the hell Rise would be about, though.

Using her Persona 4 Dancing combat skills?

Ken was once a part of SEES and him returning would make much more sense than Rise. I don't know what the hell Rise would be about, though.

Using her Persona 4 Dancing combat skills?

Oh, sure, for STORY reasons Ken obviously makes more sense. But for, like, COMMON SENSE reasons, Ken clearly sucks way more. So.

Anyways, TEAM KOROMARU

FluxWaveZ

Rise can fight with her mic. As in the wire would work like kratos' chains. There, problem solved.

The game isn't that outlandish. P4A does a good job of establishing a grounded style of combat with actual weapons for each of their characters (including Kanji's chair). She would be the only one who's weapon would be out of place if it were a mic.

Please no dog. Dog would be fucking stupid. We don't need more low hitbox characters in fighting games.

This is going to be one of those competitive vs casual arguments. There is no way the dog should be in P4U2. Shit is stupid. Its stupid in marvel with rocket, morrigan (lowest crouch hitbox in the game) and etc. Ammy is "bearable" only because her hitbox is so wide that she is free to crossups.

Just look at this shit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PXbl-vwVr0

Silky

Banned
Please no dog. Dog would be fucking stupid. We don't need more low hitbox characters in fighting games.

This is going to be one of those competitive vs casual arguments. There is no way the dog should be in P4U2. Shit is stupid. Its stupid in marvel with rocket, morrigan (lowest crouch hitbox in the game) and etc. Ammy is "bearable" only because her hitbox is so wide that she is free to crossups.

Just look at this shit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PXbl-vwVr0

Why are using Marvel as an example when P4A and Marvel play completely differently??? If anything why don't you use JoJo Heritage where a dog character (Iggy) actually does work in a fighting game environment?

Release date is September 16, 2014 on the listing. This doesn't seem to be a placeholder. It's on a Tuesday, when Atlus USA releases their games, and it's oddly specific. I think Best Buy just accidentally leaked Ken Amada and the game's NA release date.

Why are using Marvel as an example when P4A and Marvel play completely differently??? If anything why don't you use JoJo Heritage where a dog character (Iggy) actually does work in a fighting game environment?

Why does it matter if I linked marvel or not? It would be the same shit. The game is based on hitboxes and hurtboxes. Small hitbox characters suck period. The dog would duck under Yukiko's fan free. Same with naoto gunshots and many more. Mitsuru's 5a would hit that shit since characters can already low profile that. The game doesn't need a character that can duck under normal without crouching.

FluxWaveZ

Release date is September 16, 2014 on the listing. This doesn't seem to be a placeholder. It's on a Tuesday, when Atlus USA releases their games, and it's oddly specific. I think Best Buy just accidentally leaked Ken Amada and the game's NA release date.

I'm fairly sure there've been specific Tuesday placeholder dates that turned out false in the past. Don't know if that's ever happened with Atlus games before, though.

Silky

Banned
Why does it matter if I linked marvel or not? It would be the same shit. The game is based on hitboxes and hurtboxes. Small hitbox characters suck period. The dog would duck under Yukiko's fan free. Same with naoto gunshots and many more. Mitsuru's 5a would hit that shit since characters can already low profile that. The game doesn't need a character that can duck under normal without crouching.

Koro as a character would be much more persona dependent that the rest of the cast, and Koro's Persona isn't small at all. you can land hits on the persona. There can always be a work around, outlawing 'ridiculously short' characters like dogs would just be stupid.

FluxWaveZ

Koro as a character would be much more persona dependent that the rest of the cast, and Koro's Persona isn't small at all. you can land hits on the persona. There can always be a work around, outlawing 'ridiculously short' characters like dogs would just be stupid

I'm with him; it would be stupid if it just meant that the character would have a ridiculously small hitbox compared to the rest of the cast. Breaking a Persona doesn't mean anything if it doesn't translate into direct damage, and if the game's combos and normals aren't designed to face characters that small, it would just be a mess.

I know. I'm just saying, it is oddly specific, so it's possible.

Yeah, September makes sense too.

Koro as a character would be much more persona dependent that the rest of the cast, and Koro's Persona isn't small at all. you can land hits on the persona. There can always be a work around, outlawing 'ridiculously short' characters like dogs would just be stupid

...You don't win by attacking personas and the persona isn't out 24/7 unless you are certain characters. And I doubt Koro would be more persona dependant than yukiko, naoto, elizabeth, and slabs. Its like "congrats you broke my persona, but most of your normals will miss me anyways so haha sucka"

O yeah the workaround. Make hitboxes bigger than the character model or make the model bigger.

Both options are stupid.

Mitsuru's 5A would definitely not hit that dog while standing. How the fuck is she going to do damage if she can't even 5A it?

mi200_02.png

Look at the normals in the game. It would completely whiff on a small character. The dog is small as shit. Characters can already low profile this actively. We don't need a character that can low profile it passively.

Yasumi

Banned
I could see Rise having enemy-harming dodge moves in place of her non-Persona attacks, and Himiko being heavily counter and barrier-based, with a few long-distance specials. I can't imagine her being a rush-style character at all.

I want someone from the first two Persona games, though I understand why they won't do it. Most of the characters are in their 30s or 40s and half of the Persona 2 cast can't be in it for story/character reasons. But I think the MAIN reason is that they don't want to mess with the original three persona games too much because of respect for the original development team members that aren't there anymore. They only added a new scenario to the PSP version of Eternal Punishment because they got the original scenario writer to do it after all. They've acknowledged the games with older characters being vaguely referenced in P3 and silhouettes in P4A, but other than Nyarlathotep (if the malevolent entity turns out to be him after all) I don't expect to see the other characters again.

Korigama

I'd rather see Arc System Works just ignore canon and put in P3 Protag and Shinjiro.
Atlus have been the ones handling the story and roster picks from the beginning, so ignoring canon isn't going to happen (a lot of Persona fans even wound up ignoring the actual fighter for the story with the original).

Gartooth

Atlus have been the ones handling the story and roster picks from the beginning, so ignoring canon isn't going to happen (a lot of Persona fans even wound up ignoring the actual fighter for the story with the original).

I'm pretty new to the series in the regard that I played Persona 3 FES for the first time earlier this year (and plan to play Persona 4 soon) so I guess I'm not too knowledgeable on how spin-offs are handled. Thought it was odd though that Persona Q seems to be going straight up fanservice yet the fighting game is bound by the story.

Do not want Rise playable at all. I will so take Ken over her though. I mean Rise can't even fight and you at least want them to be somewhat real with how they fight? Using a mic isn't good enough for me.

Top Bottom