• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would being in a full fireteam for the cruicible work for the 500 void kills Thorn bounty?

If you bring in a 3 man team into Rumble and they let you kill them, that mode essentially becomes a 3v1v1v1.

With a full 6 man team, you probably would die less often and thus be able to make good progress.

Gav47

Can someone help me with the moon strike lvl 26, I need to kill the adds around the boss until a named enemy shows up. PS4 Gav8in

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
You should also note (not sure if you did) the raid helm only drops in hard. So an exotic helm should be top priority until you can run hard mode.
That bit I think I did mention. But the idea of having an exotic to potentially use in each slot depending on what RNG bestows upon you first is briliant.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
What about the vex conflux phases, oracle phase, templar boss phase adds, gatekeeper phase and atheon phase adds?

Well I consider those all part of the boss encounter rather than true trash mobs. Guess it's functionally the same..

ah that's how I felt leading an IB match with a galahad ;) maybe they were all super okay with it but in my head, they are throwing their ps4 controllers through monitors and crying audibly so their roommates have to come in and ask if everything's okay <3

edit: 98 pages. we can hit 100 in 1.5 hrs, I believe

What happens in 1.5 hrs?

Not really. You can just make some bullshit group and get everyone to join it and set it as a tag. People can leave it afterwards. Just depends if they are willing.

I almost got it but two dudes didn't wanna do it in my Normal Raid.

Well, yeah. Convincing people to even do that much is hard. lol

If you want to do it, let me know!

I made a crappy clan just for this purpose, feel free to "Request Join" and I will add you as members, then you can set it as your active PS4 clan (sorry if not PS4). I can probably even jump in to help with the raid depending on when you do it (Lv 30 Titan, 16 clears). Of course if you already have a clan set up then don't worry about it:

http://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Detail/447480

Edit: The current clan members already got the raid and strike trophies but anyone can feel free to use it since it's already set up.

MADGAME

Well there you go.

Although you make a good point about the expansion; if the Hive are still present on the Moon what did we even do to them in the base game. Stall them? Give their hivemind a headache?

The Hive were shrouding the Traveler in darkness with their rituals, so we stopped that then basically wrangled them off the moon, or at least crippled their presence.

Kind of like the Vex - they weren't exterminated, but the heart in the black garden was destroyed and weakened their intent. They exist elsewhere and even across time.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Yeah but I do this, all the time:

1. See Titan with blood rage in his eyes. He sees me.
2. He starts to run toward me.
3. Activate trap card (arc blade)
4. Slice at him
5. Titan activates FoH
6. Blade bounces off harmlessly and I die
7. Titan dances

:(

This description...

ibv338wzfafk70.gif

Every secondary weapon in the game above tier 10 has an element equipped, not just fusion rifles. Pull out your favorite void shotgun or sniper rifle and have at it! Also note that void rocket launchers are a very easy way to get this bounty done.

Or, be a void warlock and just super/grenade everything.

This is true, but it still doesn't fix the root problem I have with the bounty. It forces people to use a specialized weapon in all encounters, just so they can complete the bounty.

Think of it this way: I could play the game like normal using my primary and go 18-10. If I didn't use a void weapon, I lose 20 points from the bounty.Or, I use my void weapon all the time, go 5-10 at the expense of my team. Who cares! I got 5 points towards the gun's bounty. Far out example, I know, but it shows how teammates and winning come second when people are adamant about completing the Thorn bounty.

Bungie has too high of an opinion of players if they don't realize that the majority are selfish and will choose option 2.

Arrrammis

Hmmm I'll pay more attention the next time it comes up for a daily Heroic. So then when the Moon strike comes out in December....we're going back in time?

Or, perhaps they were communicating with a more powerful faction of the hive, who come to investigate after their communication device was destroyed... Which gives us the new raid.

Ken

The Hive were shrouding the Traveler in darkness with their rituals, so we stopped that then basically wrangled them off the moon, or at least crippled their presence.

Kind of like the Vex - they weren't exterminated, but the heart in the black garden was destroyed and weakened their intent. They exist elsewhere and even across time.

Why were they shrouding the Traveler anyways. They didn't seem to have much of a presence on earth to attack the Tower with?

breakfuss

Ayyye, I'm going to be grinding through some of these tiger strike missions as soon as I get home in about an hour. Need 4 more coins. If anyone wants to join up with me I'm down! I think this mode has matchmaking so I guess it isn't necessary, just throwing it out there in case you wanted some company form a fellow GAFfer. Thanks! PSN: breakfuss.

holy crap GAF. this is the 1st time since this game was released that I had to hunt for this thread. I can usually count on it being in the top 4-5 threads on the 1st page. I count find it in the 1st 4-5 pages. just did a search for it. we be slacking.

If you bring in a 3 man team into Rumble and they let you kill them, that mode essentially becomes a 3v1v1v1.

With a full 6 man team, you probably would die less often and thus be able to make good progress.

Yea, this seems like the only way i will get this done lol. If anyone ever wants to try this let me know.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
This is true, but it still doesn't fix the root problem I have with the bounty. It forces people to use a specialized weapon in all encounters, just so they can complete the bounty.

Think of it this way: I could play the game like normal using my primary and go 18-10. If I didn't use a void weapon, I lose 20 points from the bounty.Or, I use my void weapon all the time, go 5-10 at the expense of my team. Who cares! I got 30 points towards the gun's bounty.

Bungie has too high of an opinion of players if they don't realize that the majority are selfish and will choose option 2.
again, it's best done in rumble for multiple reasons. every living thing is a potential void kill, the big maps where fusion rifles and shotguns aren't viable won't roll, you're not relying on your team for momentum, you're not worrying about your contribution to the team, you're killed fewer times even if the game is a smackdown, etc.

edit: Oh, I am willing to sacrifice myself to the Void for people on this bounty step. I don't think tonight will work though.
holy crap GAF. this is the 1st time since this game was released that I had to hunt for this thread. I can usually count on it being in the top 4-5 threads on the 1st page. I count find it in the 1st 4-5 pages. just did a search for it. we be slacking.
-_-

anybody want to tell him

LiK

Community OT. You were warned!

Chitown B

fuuuuck.
Really want icebreaker, but I only have 3 strange coins. What should be my plan of action tonight?

Weekly heroic strike I'm assuming for 9. Is this soloable? I've had terrible luck finding parties for these events. I'm a level 27 hunter btw.
Daily? Any chance of coins?
Tiger strike playlist?

I'm all ears for advice on this!

need icebreaker to solo weekly heroic............ need weekly heroic to buy icebreaker....

dang.

BokehKing

Banned
Had the same problem yesterday, I was in shock, then realized it was moved to the gaming community forum, apparently someone said Dax wanted to talk about dresses? Idk

Shito

Thank you very much Steroyd and GlamFM, will be able to get my ice breaker thanks to you two guys! :)
Couldn't do much at 25 to really help you out, and got a little greedy underneath the platform near the end; it probably would have been better if I survived longer to keep the boss in place over me.
Anyways, was great, and you can say what you want about Xur but without him I would have NEVER attempted this. ^^

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Thank you very much Steroyd and GlamFM, will be able to get my ice breaker thanks to you two guys! :)
Couldn't do much at 25 to really help you out, and got a little greedy underneath the platform near the end; it probably would have been better if I survived longer to keep the boss in place over me.
Anyways, was great, and you can say what you want about Xur but without him I would have NEVER attempted this. ^^
Awesome :D Way to go Steroyd and Glam, true Guardians!

again, it's best done in rumble for multiple reasons. every living thing is a potential void kill, the big maps where fusion rifles and shotguns aren't viable won't roll, you're not relying on your team for momentum, you're not worrying about your contribution to the team, you're killed fewer times even if the game is a smackdown, etc.

edit: Oh, I am willing to sacrifice myself to the Void for people on this bounty step. I don't think tonight will work though.

-_-

anybody want to tell him

True, Rumble is the best gametype for this bounty. I typically like playing with people I know, however, so I usually stay away from FFA in multiplayer games.

But if this is the best way to rank up the bounty, I guess I have no choice, haha.

SharkJAW

Got Icebreaker from Xur. Hard raid runs are gonna be even easier :D. All I need is Vex mythoclast and either raid gloves or exotic gloves and I'm done loot-wise for my hunter and can focus on my Warlock/Titan.

Community OT. You were warned!

I was at work all day. I missed it. INOCENT I tell you!

I usually always have a google search for GAF on my phone with this thread in it. I just refresh it. I never leave the thread. I never leave.........

The day I do. you up and move out of state.

lol

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
True, Rumble is the best gametype for this bounty. I typically like playing with people I know, however, so I usually stay away from FFA in multiplayer games.

But if this is the best way to rank up the bounty, I guess I have no choice, haha.
Can't say I endorse it, but you can enter Rumble with a 3 man team (of people you know) and run the table.

k1t4j

Do you guys think it's wrong to be sexualy attracted to a inanimate 3D virtual object?

God dam this Monte Carlo is sexy.

Tried it in some PvP and in some strikes and love it, has a bit of a kick when you start shooting but one get's used to it.

Anyways as weapon crushes goes, I just need a Hawkmoon now :p

SharkJAW

I did Skirmish and finished within 6-7 games, I think. If you're Hunter, invisibilify(tm) to get the drop on the other team with your FR/Shotgun. Plus, skirmish starts favoring one team over the other at a certain point in the game, letting you rack up your kills.

Homeboyd

Some ideas for new patrol missions or bounties, bc lawd knows we need some variety:

- Kill 100 enemies with solar damage weapons
- Kill 50 enemies using two types of elemental damage on the same enemy
- Kill 40 enemies without being spotted
- Locate 10 chests in "The Divide" (ex)
- Locate 15 spinmetal nodes in the Cosmodrome
- Make a full loop around the Cosmodrome in under 4 minutes
- Splatter 30 enemies with your sparrow
- Kill 3 ogres using only melee or grenades
- Complete "x" mission in under "10 minutes"

Just.. Spice it up a bit. Reach's (and certainly halo 4's) challenges suffered from lack of variety. Feels like it's even worse here with the bounty and patrol mission options.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
So far we have seen in game:

Fallen and Hive battle
Fallen and Vex battle
Vex and Cabal battle

No Hive vs Vex, Hive vs Cabal or Cabal vs Fallen

Correct?
I think this is right

damn now I wanna see some Caballen fights
Do you guys think it's wrong to be sexualy attracted to a inanimate 3D virtual object?

God dam this Monte Carlo is sexy.

Tried it in some PvP and in some strikes and love it, has a bit of a kick when you start shooting but one get's used to it.

Anyways as weapon crushes goes, I just need a Hawkmoon now :p
It's lovely

The weapon model detail in general in this game is just bonkers. Look at the texture on Truth

Well there you go.

Although you make a good point about the expansion; if the Hive are still present on the Moon what did we even do to them in the base game. Stall them? Give their hivemind a headache?

There were two major things we did against The Hive. The first thing we did was free and return a piece of The Traveler that they were casting spells on that were hindering it. The second thing we did was destroy some kind of device they were communing with that was in communication with some other unknown entity.

We didn't destroy them. We didn't clear them out of The Moon. Dinklebot says the underground passageways go on for miles and miles. Much more than our Guardian ever sees.

In fact, we haven't beaten any of the factions. All we did was weaken them. We destroyed one Fallen Tribes Deity (Sepiks Prime). Killed another Fallen Tribes leader (Winter's Kell). Destroyed a device The Hive were using to communicate with and channel power from an unknown entity (Shrine of Oryx). Destroyed a major source of power of The Vex (Black Garden "Heart"), slightly weakened The Cabal's military might by taking out one of their high ranking Commanders along with his Lt's, and if you're on PS4 defeated The Cabal's Psion Flayers, preventing them from taking over what was left of the Martian Warmind (Dust Palace).

Edit: There's even more story accomplishments if you've done Vault of Glass but I won't go into that here really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom