• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gematsu: Sony to hold Playstation Experience event in December

Status
Not open for further replies.

StuBurns

Banned
I'm not sure what people mean by less media coverage really.

The conference will be live blogged by everyone, just like the others, and whatever announcements are made will be posted as news stories, all podcasts will talk about the show after.

I don't see how it really can be any different.

OsirisBlack

Banned
Super compressed but I haven't seen these yet.

oWauAk9.jpg

ahtWNJ5.jpg

sora87

This is getting messy now. So, they're going to announce 2 new exclusives at PSX, a 20th anniversary themed game at the PS Awards, and they're also going to have a presence at the Game Awards and maybe show something there too? That's a lot to take in, in the span of a few days.

Squire

Banned
lololo. I'm keeping my hype in check as I always do when it comes to events like these. I feel like we'll have two major bombs though. Only thing I really expect is a trailer for UC4 that'll blow everyone away.

Yeah, I'm the same way. UC4 will be awesome and I think there'll be 1-2 legitimately really cool things there just because of how Sony themselves are handling it. Anything extra would be gravy, but I tend to take what I get.

schaft0620

I like video games and don't take them too seriously. My opinions often change over time but only as I reflect on games I've played in the past. Good games appreciate in my memory over time, which is rare. Bad ones don't. I try to be genuine. I was never banned before I became a mod because I think I am polite and like to have fun.

Also I don't make it obvious what my insecurities are (aka go to the retail musings thread) so I am not as easily trollable!

I like you Kev

I wish I had faith this game would be good.

I don't understand this thinking. The setting, the devs, the time Sony is giving them to develop the game should instill some confidence in this game but because it's a 3rd person shooter without MP people are thinking it will fail or hoping/waiting for it to fail. I've heard numerous podcasts with so called journalists who can't care an ounce for the game and are already writing it off like it's a licensed POS game before even playing it.

I'm not sure what happened with this games marketing, some publicist got on these peoples badsides? But I really hope Ready at Dawn create an amazing game that the PS4 fanbase will support.

I'm really looking forward to what RAD will be showing at PSX.

viveks86

So it IS fucking TLG?

Ulgh, disappointmentton imminent.

Was hoping for an actual surprise full of drama and tears. This is just shit we already knew was coming anyway. Yay I guess?

Assuming it is one of announcements, what makes you think TLG is the actual 'surprise'? It could very well be that big sigh of relief (again, IF it is announced). The surprise could be something else altogether. Not every announcement needs to end in drama and tears you know... ;)

Percy

Banned
I liked gamescom more than e3

Agree.

Sony's Gamescom conference was pretty much exactly what I want from these shows; end to end games with most of them being new announcements and fluff kept to a bare minimum.

Been a long time since these conferences had delivered something like that I was worried we'd never see the like again.

StuBurns

Banned
I don't understand this thinking. The setting, the devs, the time Sony is giving them to develop the game should instill some confidence in this game but because it's a 3rd person shooter without MP people are thinking it will fail or hoping/waiting for it to fail. I've heard numerous podcasts with so called journalists who can't care an ounce for the game and are already writing it off like it's a licensed POS game before even playing it.

I'm not sure what happened with this games marketing, some publicist got on these peoples bedsides? But I really hope Ready at Dawn create an amazing game that the PS4 fanbase will support.

You presume that because it's a single player only third person shooter that I expect, or even hope it's a failure?

That's beyond absurd, to the point it's not even worth correcting you.
Where are all the gifs?
Clarke_bollocks.gif

OsirisBlack

Banned
Can't believe this event is just a week away now. Really hope the Capcom game is Dragon's Dogma 2.

I would lose my shit for a Dragons Dogma game on the Panta Rhei engine.... I want that or Street Fighter V. I am so ready to move on from SF IV.

Driveclub.

Driveclub is not a bad game (It's not great either) it did have serious launch issues, they should have baked it for another 6 months or so in my opinion.

rdrr gnr

I'm not sure what happened with this games marketing, some publicist got on these peoples badsides? But I really hope Ready at Dawn create an amazing game that the PS4 fanbase will support.

You've convinced yourself that this is the most accurate narrative?

Driveclub.

Not sure how one game affects the other. So with your logic will Bloodborne be bad because it was delayed? Did TLOU turn out bad because it was delayed? DriveClub is a once in a generation fuck up. I don't think other Sony exclusives should be held accountable for others devs' problems.

You presume that because it's a single player only third person shooter that I expect, or even hope it's a failure?

That's beyond absurd, to the point it's not even worth correcting you.

Clarke_bollocks.gif

Those examples might not be your reasoning but care to explain why you have no faith in this game?

Not sure how one game affects the other. So with your logic will Bloodborne be bad because it was delayed? Did TLOU turn out bad because it was delayed? DriveClub is a once in a generation fuck up. I don't think other Sony exclusives should be held accountable for others devs' problems.
I'm not saying that, but i understand that is how some people feel, so i dont jump down there throat.

Unity happened, people pulled out of farcry 4 until all was ok, it's how some people work.

Let's add another.

sqAL4Ll.jpg

The chromatic aberration in this shot is an eye sore but, when I played the game at Gamescom, I didn't really notice any so hopefully the game looks cleaner come February 20th.

Game plays well, I just hope there's more to it than we've seen. It has no multiplayer and the campaign seems hyper linear. For a game that'll likely cost £50 and last about 8 hours, RAD really need to show me why I should buy this at full price and how the game will keep me coming back.

Fingers crossed because as I say, it looks amazing and it feels amazing to play. Just dubious as to whether the actual content will be any good.

KAL2006

Banned
This is getting messy now. So, they're going to announce 2 new exclusives at PSX, a 20th anniversary themed game at the PS Awards, and they're also going to have a presence at the Game Awards and maybe show something there too? That's a lot to take in, in the span of a few days.

Where did all this info come from?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom