• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NCAA 2014-15 Men's Basketball |OT| It's Cal's World, We're Just Living In It

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
DependableElasticAmoeba.gif

Thats not a brush off. K always does this sort of chest pat thing, usually for opposing players that play really well, but occasionally for coaches that outcoached him. Next time you see Duke play, win or lose, K will do that same thing for the opposing team's best player. Did he hurry off? Absolutely. Remember they had an incident between the Duke staff and the UVA kids last year during the court storm. He is probably ticked at the team, but mostly he's trying to get the hell off the court. There is no issue between him and Gottfried.

Thats not a brush off. K always does this sort of chest pat thing, usually for opposing players that play really well, but occasionally for coaches that outcoached him. Next time you see Duke play, win or lose, K will do that same thing for the opposing team's best player. Did he hurry off? Absolutely. Remember they had an incident between the Duke staff and the UVA kids last year during the court storm. He is probably ticked at the team, but mostly he's trying to get the hell off the court. There is no issue between him and Gottfried.

didn't even look him in the eyes though.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
I'm about to jump off the bandwagon for this team. Everything this team did well through the Wisconsin game is gone. K can't reach these kids today, they don't know how to respond to his coaching. Might be time to hang it up, or just stop recruiting 1 and done kids.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
K can't coach in today's world. He needs talented players that will play good M2M and that takes a couple of years to figure out. These kids ain't about that life.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Time to reach out to Brad Stevens, let Cal have all the 1 and dones he wants. Duke can win with a couple of 2 and throughs and some upperclassman who are barely NBA material.

Been a lot easier to watch the Cats tonight. Offensive tempo helped us tremendously. Tyler was responsible for most of it though.

Oh, and here comes the REAL white platoon, lol

What is going on with Duke? Just saw the score over there.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Same as always, teams got better over Christmas. Duke didn't.

Duke actively got worse. Its one thing if the other teams catch up and Duke is still doing what it was doing, but they aren't

Honestly I'm real close to just giving up watching college basketball. I haven't enjoyed it for years. I get real upset when they lose and no enjoyment when they win. I don't see a reason to continue with it.

Duke actively got worse. Its one thing if the other teams catch up and Duke is still doing what it was doing, but they aren't

Honestly I'm real close to just giving up watching college basketball. I haven't enjoyed it for years. I get real upset when they lose and no enjoyment when they win. I don't see a reason to continue with it.

It'd be real nice if College Basketball weren't an unwatchable mess wouldnt it?

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
It'd be real nice if College Basketball weren't an unwatchable mess wouldnt it?

Hell, I enjoyed Dukes 3-9 football seasons more than any of the past 5 years (save 2012) because those kids gave a shit. These kids do not care, the ones that matter are getting paid in 5 months and do not want to be at Duke anyway.

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member
Let's look at the bright side. We can end this charade that we're head and shoulders a over everyone else other than UK. Pressure is off a bit, we can hover between #10-15 and maybe recover in time for March.

DominoKid

gatdamn duke getting that ass whooped.

eh even as mediocre as UNC has been in since the last title, i still enjoy the hell outta these wins. dont be so down about it. it's just a game.

Fjordson

What the hell, Miami toying with Duke. Just switched over from the Warriors game. When's the last time Duke was on a two game losing streak? Certainly been years.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
At Louisville next. And it really doesn't get better after that. This team is going to grow up fast or take some more lumps.

I'm guessing the latter. They do not care, and the ones that do, are never on the court.

What the hell, Miami toying with Duke. Just switched over from the Warriors game. When's the last time Duke was on a two game losing streak? Certainly been years.

BTW, I hope UK gets every one and done we target from now until K retires. He cannot coach them and they do not care. Better they go to UK and at least get vested in the time they will be there. I never want to see another 1 and done "phenom" play ball for Duke again.

truly, as usual, you're being too hard on them. ;)

The freshman are playing hard, they're just not all playing well. Okafor is getting doubled, Duke hasn't spaced well or knocked down shots. Until they figure that out, they're going to hurt. The defense has also regressed, the talk just a week or two ago was how they had figured that out, so it appears they were wrong.

Even keel. These kids are 18-20. I won't speak for you, but I'm a tad older than that, so I can't put too much of my happiness in college kids.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
truly, as usual, you're being too hard on them. ;)

The freshman are playing hard, they're just not all playing well. Okafor is getting doubled, Duke hasn't spaced well or knocked down shots. Until they figure that out, they're going to hurt. The defense has also regressed, the talk just a week or two ago was how they had figured that out, so it appears they were wrong.

Even keel. These kids are 18-20. I won't speak for you, but I'm a tad older than that, so I can't put too much of my happiness in college kids.

K won't change, he doesn't understand that the M2M defense he likes to employ comes with experience and discipline, things these kids lack, and they do not care. So rather than give them a simpler defensive philosphy, like packing in around the lane and get the rebound, he continues to do the same stupid shit.
Why is Marshall Plumlee 30 feet from the rim on defense WHY? He should never not be in the paint. Why can't K implement a pick n roll play for Okafor? Why is the only solution they have for double teams is a kick out for a bad 3 attempt? How about having the open man cut to the basket? Its the same old stupid shit thats been going on since 11 and its seldom improved. K new the 2010 title would be his last, he'd never have a group of upperclassmen coupled by a draw that favored their style of play in every game except Baylor. Its over, he's done. I just hope Coach Cut can continue the strides he's made with the football team. Need a QB though for next season.

My team's shittiness in the half court has finally sold me on the 30 second shot clock.

BUT, more importantly, an 8 second half court clock. Bring back the full court press! Death to the half court and terrible 3 point chucking!

I didn't post during the game because I was at the game.

First thing first, I would like to apologize to Duke-GAF. I gave this team my seal of approval prematurely and surely doomed them to failure. They are yet another November peaker except they didn't even wait until March to break down.

This team is so...damn lazy and apathetic. They bought into their own hype and started thinking that they could coast to victory but they're not good enough for that.

Maybe getting embarrassed in the worst home loss in the program in ten years will get them to give a fuck before it's too late. But I doubt it.

Definitely going to get flexed on by Louisville this weekend. Going to lose to Virginia, going to lose to Notre Dame, might even get swept by UNC this year.

But after all that said, these ACC refs are out of pocket. I thought removing Hess would make the officiating better and it inexplicably made it much worse. They'll call every ticky tack call under the sun but won't call obvious fouls. It was like that for both teams tonight.

K won't change, he doesn't understand that the M2M defense he likes to employ comes with experience and discipline, things these kids lack, and they do not care. So rather than give them a simpler defensive philosphy, like packing in around the lane and get the rebound, he continues to do the same stupid shit.
Why is Marshall Plumlee 30 feet from the rim on defense WHY? He should never not be in the paint. Why can't K implement a pick n roll play for Okafor? Why is the only solution they have for double teams is a kick out for a bad 3 attempt? How about having the open man cut to the basket? Its the same old stupid shit thats been going on since 11 and its seldom improved. K new the 2010 title would be his last, he'd never have a group of upperclassmen coupled by a draw that favored their style of play in every game except Baylor. Its over, he's done. I just hope Coach Cut can continue the strides he's made with the football team. Need a QB though for next season.

I find it hard to believe that the man who coached those USA basketball teams suddenly doesn't know how to install a system anymore. They've been ass, and they gotta play better. Which is fine.

Rick Bonnell ‏@rick_bonnell 3m3 minutes ago
Duke fans might want to get on @laurakeeley timeline right now, because this is Coach K unplugged.

Just FYI, she's live-tweeting K's presser, hitting on many points you guys have griped about.

Top Bottom