• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danganronpa Mafia |OT| Grin and Bear It

Swamped

Banned
I explained why I'm not voting for anyone yet. CzarTim, AB, and my information or reads will now be scrutinized for information that can be revealing to Hope and Despair. If someone says something that I think I can back up with my information to make a really solid case, I'll offer it. The best thing I can do for Hope now is continue to get information at night and protect other possible Hope PRs.

I understand, but surely there must be people on your scum list due to the content of their posts, and not just because they appeared on the map?

[A lot of interesting theories]

That's very interesting, AbsolutBro. I will have to ponder over the details carefully.

I suppose you most likely would have noticed that I decoded your message previously and that was why I listed the suggestion for power roles prior to Day 2's ending. At this stage, based on your theory, I would lean towards CzarTim playing a dangerous Despair gambit. He has frequently stated that he's an experienced player and he seems to have great confidence in his skills.

However, he came forward with illuminating details after I asked him for an explanation, which I found very accommodating and informative. Furthermore, there is an apparent and appreciated level of involvement in the game from him. He remains the highest post count player to date. My reads on him are no longer quite clear.

Unvote: CzarTim

What? I guess I misunderstood. I thought you meant people's reactions to your role-claim at the end of Day 1. That would be interesting to hear from your perspective. I didn't mean information you gathered due to your role power.

I had interpreted it the way you had, actually.

Now that Makai had answered, with a rehash over his dislike for Crab's playstyle, I have to say I am slightly disappointed with that. I am unconvinced if that was indeed the extent of information gathered that it was worth the role claiming scramble on Day 1.

Still, everyone tends to fall into wanting to see supporting 'proofs' to each our own narratives. I do not consider this illogical.

*Splinter

Well Pau's posting style definitely changed a lot today, but I'm leaning exposed PR rather than pressured Despair. I don't like her reluctance to provide new suspects though. She even states she will only follow other's lead and that gives me doubts. (Also, I'm more than willing to vote for anyone that repeatedly uses the word "y'all")

AB's alignment seems like a fairly safe bet now. Even if this is all a Despair gambit it makes more sense to point to a Hope player rather than risking two Despair players. (I guess I should give mention to the outside chance of a godfather type)

CzarTim could be lying, but it's an unnecessary risk, I guess I have to trust him for now. He's provided useful information that created a lot of discussion when the thread had kind of died. He was also under no pressure before this unless he noticed AB's secret message. I guess he was also voted on by goshu but I don't think that vote was getting much support.

I'll post about Zipped again next, late for work though.

ViviOggi

Sorry for being silent, rough shifts this week and of course when I finally had some time yesterday GAF had to go down. RIP Salva. I'll be catching up with the rest of the thread shortly.

Kalor

Right now I don't really suspect Pau. They read more like a power role who is now out in the open rather than a Despair trying to cover their tracks. I can understand the reasoning behind voting for them since it could prove that we have a silent killer if Pau turns out to be Hope.

CzarTim and AbsolutBro also appear to be Hope to me. It would be unnecessary for CzarTim to come out with a fake role claim as Despair as it just draws attention to them.

It would be nice to hear from Barry and until we hear from them I'll put my vote on them. They've been too quiet to be Despair but who knows.

Vote: Barrylocke [/highlight[

Like Pau isn't even the only name I saw so picking her solely for fight club reasons is not helpful. If you want to say she's scummy outside of that, go ahead. But fight club alone is not a reason.

Meanwhile there are several people who have barely / not posted today and we are focusing on a potential power role who only got revealed because AB didn't know what a ninja was.

Nothing in my post has anything to do with fight club. That's not why I'm voting for Pau. I even said yesterday I was going to likely vote for her on D3. Or that I was considering her as a D3 target.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Launchpad, can we get a day extension? I was going to post stuff last night but couldn't becaue GAF was down.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Really, Crab? I refuse to believe you of all people can't surmise the answer. Once again, you're trying to drag out information about my role, but you're not getting it. You get my role name and nothing else. Terrabyte and Crab want to extract a very specific piece of information from me - does my role wander the halls? Of the two power roles who have flipped, one wandered the halls and one didn't. Any answer given would greatly narrow down what my role is, sooo...nope! Not telling.

You've spent the last two Day Phases hinting you have an investigative role. If there are investigative roles that somehow don't target, that's a new one on me.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I agree it would be useful to know who Pau targeted (although not why or what her role is, obviously, just so we have a clearer picture of what is going on. I also agree that having both a Ninja and a Godfather in the same setup would be really, really difficult for town, so if I trust Czar, I am inclined to trust AbsolutBro as well. Note that doesn't work in reverse.

How do you trust CzarTim and not trust AbsolutBro. I trust AbsolutBro because I trust CzarTim and I don't see how someone could view it any other way. Unless of course, you think he is Godfather or got switched, neither of which is likely.

I trusted czartim based on posting, and distrusted absolutbro based on posting. However if their little gambit works out then you are right I absolutely would trust both of them. I find it unlikely AB got switched, because then Pau would have seen salvapot night one (which by her word she did not). Godfather role is possible but I feel unlikely due to the existing watching mechanic and the fact that czar's role was a one off. We probably don't have an alignment checker outside of czar's one-off investigation so why have a godfather.

This all being said I really don't want to vote Pau yet. Especially since up until this moment she had been pretty helpful. I would like to give her the benefit of the doubt and a silent killer is that doubt.

Question: what are the chances that scum have two ways to kill a "silent killer" and a "traditional killer" but do not have to use them both on the same night.

ViviOggi

Well now that's a whole new layer to think about, damn you Launchquack. It's good that CzarTim shared this information with all of us, because I don't think I'm the only one who had no idea of what he meant with the fight club stuff. But I agree that we shouldn't get sidetracked too much especially after being more or less blocked on D2 already. Time to find some scum already.

Right now I've got two main leads I'm going to look into, will report back tonight after work.

*Splinter

Question: what are the chances that scum have two ways to kill a "silent killer" and a "traditional killer" but do not have to use them both on the same night.
I don't know, but my own guess would be that they have a power role that can't be seen moving around at night, and they would presumably have this person carry out their kill each night. I don't suppose we'll know that's the case until they die though?

I'll make another guess: if we have any "watcher" type roles I'd bet they can see "ninjas" if they targeted them specifically. It makes sense for Despair to have a way to travel the corridors unseen but seems a little overpowered to be 100% clear from tracking

Pau

(Also, I'm more than willing to vote for anyone that repeatedly uses the word "y'all")
Alas, I'm not willing to vote for anyone simply because they're a jerk.

Seriously though, if four letters and an apostrophe bother you so much that you want me out of the game, I'll ask for a replacement.

Right now I don't really suspect Pau. They read more like a power role who is now out in the open rather than a Despair trying to cover their tracks. I can understand the reasoning behind voting for them since it could prove that we have a silent killer if Pau turns out to be Hope.

CzarTim and AbsolutBro also appear to be Hope to me. It would be unnecessary for CzarTim to come out with a fake role claim as Despair as it just draws attention to them.

It would be nice to hear from Barry and until we hear from them I'll put my vote on them. They've been too quiet to be Despair but who knows.

Vote: Barrylocke [/highlight[

Paus change in posting habit came before AB voted for her I think.

I trusted czartim based on posting, and distrusted absolutbro based on posting. However if their little gambit works out then you are right I absolutely would trust both of them. I find it unlikely AB got switched, because then Pau would have seen salvapot night one (which by her word she did not). Godfather role is possible but I feel unlikely due to the existing watching mechanic and the fact that czar's role was a one off. We probably don't have an alignment checker outside of czar's one-off investigation so why have a godfather.

This all being said I really don't want to vote Pau yet. Especially since up until this moment she had been pretty helpful. I would like to give her the benefit of the doubt and a silent killer is that doubt.

Please link specifically which posts of Paus you found helpful.

*Splinter

Alas, I'm not willing to vote for anyone simply because they're a jerk.

Seriously though, if four letters and an apostrophe bother you so much that you want me out of the game, I'll ask for a replacement.
Sorry, I wasn't expecting anyone to take that comment seriously ._.

Pau

Sorry, I wasn't expecting anyone to take that comment seriously ._.
I get enough strangers making fun of me on other sites because of GAF to be wary of comments here. Basically, we're not cool enough yet for me to know that you're not actually trying to be mean. :p And it doesn't help that the tone of a lot of the posts in this thread have come off as aggressive in an off putting way. Maybe everyone's being playful and I'm just new/jaded about people on the internet.

Sorry y'all, I'll post more relevant responses in a few hours.

I feel like things are getting out of hand and people are being too aggressive towards each other. This is a game and you're playing with real people here. Play respectfully or I will have to remove you from the game.

Launchpad, can we get a day extension? I was going to post stuff last night but couldn't becaue GAF was down.

I'm not so sure. I can either not extend the day at all or extend it by 24 hours. I need the day phases to end when they do now during the day so I can get updates out on time. I'm willing to discuss it, though.

Please link specifically which posts of Paus you found helpful.

No I'm not going to link specifically to individual posts by a player because it's a pain in the ass to multi-quote in context. I could multi-quote through search, but then it's out of context and then you will tear that apart. I find her helpful because day 1 and day 2 she looked at people who were not the general consensus targets (makai and salvapot day 1) this helps our discussion by preventing us from getting tunnel vision (even if crab is despair wasting what would be two and a half days on him would be criminal as it effectively blinded us to others)

I'm even discounting her thoughts from today, which have all been post reveal and are thus suspect. I want to give her the benefit of the doubt before I vote, that's all. I'm trying to make that my process, go with my gut first and if evidence contradicts my gut that means I need to think about it more.

Cornburrito, I know you mean well with this request,

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I did no such thing. You are inferring my role from my name

No, I've inferred it from the fact you spent all of day 1 going "but muh informations", implying your role is one which you get information from. There are close to no information-giving roles that don't target.

Swamped

Banned
Come on people, we can't move this game forward if no-one votes for anyone. Only 9 people have voted at all this Day phase. We were all complaining about how restricted we felt Day 2, we need to keep the momentum going!

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
VOTE: Makai

I am literally done with him being a complete and total deadweight on town.

Sawneeks

Banned
Apologies for yesterday. Every time I checked GAF it was down or slow as hell so I simply stopped trying to force my way in and went and did other things. But, back to the mad house. ;P

Actually, yes you did. I need to go back and find it but on Day 1 you did talk a lot about 'we will get new info tonight' and 'just wait till we know more'. It could easily just be a scum tactic to push things away without giving an answer or you have an investigation role that would allow you to look at someone. I'm going to make some leaps here, but if you DID have an investigation role I will assume the person you have been against this whole game is the person you looked at, aka Crab. If the reason you are against Crab is because of whatever your investigation revealed, why keep quiet? If you found incriminating evidence against Crab then why keep quiet, especially on Day 2 when it was only Kgtrep or Crab? You would have put yourself up for the chopping block but you would have also successfully been able to take down a member of the Mafia, a powerful one at that.

My only gut feeling is that you are lying about having any sort of role only to save yourself and it's starting to fall apart.

I'm keeping my vote on TL21 until I get some responses from him but you are really not making a good case for yourself here Makai.

This is the post...

You are role fishing. No way I should tell you that on Day 1.

@CzarTim, a dogwhistle is a message designed to be understood exclusively by certain people. You said something that makes me think you are Hope.

I am at work and don't have much time for response. I won't get home until after the deadline. However, I don't mind making this a clear choice for most of you. I am a Hope power role. I still discourage everyone from disclosing their roles, but I believe I am in a unique position to reveal my role title. It would have been better to wait until Day 2, but I think it will be okay if I go early. I am the Super High-School Level Lucky Student! I was pretty stoked to get a power role, but then I started playing the video game and found out I'm the main character. CzarTim's nickname for me is Mak. Well...

MAKoto NAegI

gSeeEDQ.gif

I have a guess on your role's power. You are deliberately doing this aren't you? Acting his way, I mean? I'm going to ask nicely because it will directly affect who I vote for and why.

Can your ability only happen at night?

No I'm not going to link specifically to individual posts by a player because it's a pain in the ass to multi-quote in context. I could multi-quote through search, but then it's out of context and then you will tear that apart. I find her helpful because day 1 and day 2 she looked at people who were not the general consensus targets (makai and salvapot day 1) this helps our discussion by preventing us from getting tunnel vision (even if crab is despair wasting what would be two and a half days on him would be criminal as it effectively blinded us to others)

I'm even discounting her thoughts from today, which have all been post reveal and are thus suspect. I want to give her the benefit of the doubt before I vote, that's all. I'm trying to make that my process, go with my gut first and if evidence contradicts my gut that means I need to think about it more.

Cornburrito, I know you mean well with this request,

You're mafia and i am voting for you tomorrow.

Makai and Salva were both voted for and suspected by numerous people in D1. Perhaps less so on D2. But Pau was not the driving force for either of those two suspicions.

You're mafia and i am voting for you tomorrow.

Congrats being wrong.

I'll give you makai, but salva was not on most people's radar day 1. Crab's (who let people keep as a high suspect), Kalor and Pau. Doesn't make her right, just that she was trying to keep some different discussion going, as opposed to absolutbro who gave us nothing until today.

That being said, if she doesn't give a little more insight into which hallway she saw salva on night 2 I'm voting for her.

Corn, i've got you pegged as another ultimate pancake flipper (not unlike myself).

Swamped

Banned
This is the post...

I have a guess on your role's power. You are deliberately doing this aren't you? Acting his way, I mean? I'm going to ask nicely because it will directly affect who I vote for and why.

Can your ability only happen at night?

OH.OH. I think i see where you're going with this. I will anticipate Makai's answer to your question. Even so, my vote for him will stick until he does something about it (if my assumption about his power is correct, which it may not be. Could really go either way at this point).

*Splinter

I'm bored and the thread is "kind of" slow, so here are some reads. Selected at random, based entirely on memory

Makai - Unhelpful D1, ending in an unnecessary (albeit forced) role claim. Since then I can't recall any meaningful contribution beyond attacking Crab. Good point raised by Sawneeks above: should know Crab's role, but allowed kgtrep to lose the duel. Starting to think Despair is more likely than extremely unhelpful Hope

goshu - Unfortunate D1 reveal aside, his posts seem genuine and informative. Probably Hope (and I think I'd be Hope-reading him without the D1 reveal, though it's impossible to be sure of that).

Terrabyte - I've suspected him before, but my opinion softened a lot when re-reading D2. Still unsure, leaning Hope.

CornBurrito - Flip flop flip flop... if I were smarter I'd make a flipflop joke here instead of just repeating the words. He changes his opinions 'somewhat' often, and funnily enough my opinion of him changes almost as frequently. To be fair to him, some degree of self doubt is a good thing (see kgtrep D1, or me D2), but I wish he'd attack with a little more conviction. Currently thinking... Hope... for now

CzarTim - Posts a lot and often makes contributions, but his posting style still makes it difficult for me to read him. I couldn't pin anything negative on him but hesitate to trust him for that same reason. More on Tim after AB.

AbsoluteBro - Seemed Despair-y. Infrequent posts that, on closer inspection, often offer little of use. I have to admit I hadn't realised quite how low on content his posts were until Crab called it out. However...

CzarTim & AbsolutBro - Tim's D3 reveal was pretty huge for these two. First it's a solid thing I can look at and find reason to trust in Tim. Second it pretty much clears AB - the only way I see him being Despair is if they both are, and that's a huge gamble. With half of town cruising through this game I don't see any reason for Despair to risk 2 of the players like this. Especially Tim who is most active and I think generally more trusted than not. So expecting Hope for AbsoluteBro, Tim is not quite clear as it's not unfathomable that this is a gamble by him, but I'm willing to trust him a little for now.

Pau - I think I already described Pau this page. Probably Hope, but I don't have a huge amount to base that off of.

BarryLocke - I didn't want to mention it in case I give anyone ideas, but Kalor did so I'll agree with him: too inactive to simply be Despair trying to go unnoticed. He's a prime suspect and hasn't even posted today, seems more likely to be genuinely busy. That said, this tells us nothing about his alignment. I didn't think his posts were as bad as Crab made them out to be, but the scarcity of them makes it impossible to get any good read on him. He did find time for several fluff posts on D1 too, which also casts doubt on him. I'm undecided. I'd hope that by this stage we can vote on something stronger than activity, but if not he should be first in line.

KingKitty - Confused me with bold D1 manoeuvres. Since then posts infrequently, but the posts he does make I generally find insightful. Would like him to post more so I can get a better read, currently undecided
and if he's Despair can we kill him last? He has an understated crazy in his posts that will never stop entertaining me.

TL21xx - Needs to post more. I feel like I don't know his position on anything right now.

ViviOggi - Started well, unfortunately inactive today. He's a likely Hope so I'm looking forward to more content from him when possible.

Zipped - Struggling to find specific things to point to. There's definitely a lot of game mechanic talk and questions being thrown out to no one in particular. Safe opinions. I say Despair trying to stay out of trouble.

"The Rest" - Ty4on's posting has been ok, but I don't have much of an opinion one way or another. Sawneeks/Swamped have posted plenty but my memory offers almost nothing - closer analysis needed. Kalor has flown under the radar a lot but I can't tell if that's by luck or design, I think it would be unfair to say he lacks content though and I'm leaning Hope (unless Crab is Despair, as mentioned). Rest I actually forgot was in the game until I typed "The Rest". Pretty much disappeared since D1? I'm sure I didn't get everyone yet, but if you aren't Crab and I didn't mention you, you probably need to post more (or I've missed someone obvious). Actually everyone in this group could post more, and in general is playing too 'safe'. I can't tell which ones I should be suspicious of when there are so many of you just coasting by.

Crab - Despair. Duh. (Probably)

Curious to see who I DID miss, will have to look into how I missed them.

*Splinter

Obviously the thread picks up while I'm typing a long post based on nothing happening, lol.

And it seems I didn't miss anyone, oh well, at least no one can feel too left out I guess.

I forgot to mention it but I'm leaving my vote on Zipped for now, as I feel he's more likely Despair than not.

Also monitoring the Makai situation develop. Can't comment on his potential role without knowing the source material, but it seems we're approaching new info on that front. I'm not against voting him at this point.

*Splinter - with most people wanting to keep fight club hidden, and me not being part of fight club, all I can guess at are mechanics. There aren't a lot of new posts and suspicions to pick through today (except for my own apparently)

Swamped - I think you and I are on exactly the same page with our assumption.

Makai, please respond to the questions. If I am right it is one of the few things that I think can only benefit town. I don't want to type anymore than that because it could give away specifics which I think would spoil your ability

*Splinter

*Splinter - with most people wanting to keep fight club hidden, and me not being part of fight club, all I can guess at are mechanics. There aren't a lot of new posts and suspicions to pick through today (except for my own apparently)

Swamped - I think you and I are on exactly the same page with our assumption.

Makai, please respond to the questions. If I am right it is one of the few things that I think can only benefit town. I don't want to type anymore than that because it could give away specifics which I think would spoil your ability
Yeah but I was referring to all 3 days, and mostly day 2

This "Cornburrito is a flip flopper" meme isn't entirely accurate.

I'd like to think my opinions have remained relatively stable. I did flip flop on Crab, but that's the only serious flip flop I think I've done. And that was after a stable 1.5 days of thinking he was Despair.

I disagree with Splinter's assessment that Barrylocke is "too quiet to be Despair."

If anything I'd consider a burst in activity when he is on the chopping block to be an indication of Despairness.

Since people seem to need more time to process the Pau stuff,

Vote: Barrymore

Sawneeks

Banned

I'd like to think my opinions have remained relatively stable. I did flip flop on Crab, but that's the only serious flip flop I think I've done. And that was after a stable 1.5 days of thinking he was Despair.

You canceled your vote last minute on both Day 1 AND 2 even though you were 'convinced' in your arguments against both Crab and Rest. You have a bit of a track record. o:

*Splinter

But it's my favourite meme :(

You're opinion changed a lot on Crab, which is fine. You also flipped on Tim pretty quickly, and that was right after I accused you of flip flopping - hence my enjoyment of teasing you about this.

But like I said, it's not really a bad thing - kgtrep based his entire D1 on me not posting in the first hour. I spent all of D2 viewing everything through a "Crab is obviously Despair" lens and it led me to a probably wrong opinion on Terra, a weak angle on Kalor and not a lot else (I mean Crab IS obviously Despair, but that's beside the point).

For the record, when I think you are Despair it's more because I wonder if you're searching for safe targets. In general (including now) I think you are more likely Hope.

*Splinter

I disagree with Splinter's assessment that Barrylocke is "too quiet to be Despair."

If anything I'd consider a burst in activity when he is on the chopping block to be an indication of Despairness.

Since people seem to need more time to process the Pau stuff,

Vote: Barrymore
Well that's my point. We aren't close enough to the deadline for votes to matter much, but he's been a very likely lynch target all day, and hasn't posted once. I expected the burst in activity to come early due to Crab's post on him yesterday, and it just isn't there.

He could still go either way of course, but the main argument being pointed at him (inactivity) is an extremely weak one.

*Splinter

For the record, I think Barry is Despair but it's an extremely soft read based on mostly D1 stuff. It's only the fact that his activity is the main argument against him that I'm disagreeing with.

You canceled your vote last minute on both Day 1 AND 2 even though you were 'convinced' in your arguments against both Crab and Rest. You have a bit of a track record. o:

The Rest thing was not a true flip flop. I could have sworn that Crab had scumread Rest. I was convinced Crab was Despair. It was nearing the end of the voting period. If Rest ended up being Hope, it would have furthered my mistrust of Crab. If Rest was Despair (and he had other votes for him before I gave a vote), I would be able to trust Crab.

But then Crab said he in fact hoperead Rest. Which foiled that plan. So yeah, my memory being fucked and making a decision on that memory isn't exactly a flip flop of opinion.

Me canceling my vote against Crab was actually due to a flip flop in opinion, but I don't really think it was that bad of a flip flop.

Top Bottom