• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danganronpa Mafia |OT| Grin and Bear It

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
Despite me not being here I don't like the idea of this game of all game being the one I lose out to for inactivity (I was so excited to be in Danganronpa) so here's what I'll do. I'll try and see if I can sort anything at all out from this day from info, opinions, etc and post it before it's over. If it all seems like too much to manage, then I'll request that Launchpad kill/replace me as he sees fit before the night ends.
HE LIVES!!!

Despite me not being here I don't like the idea of this game of all game being the one I lose out to for inactivity (I was so excited to be in Danganronpa) so here's what I'll do. I'll try and see if I can sort anything at all out from this day from info, opinions, etc and post it before it's over. If it all seems like too much to manage, then I'll request that Launchpad kill/replace me as he sees fit before the night ends.

I won't modkill or replace you if you're here. In the future though, it would be best to let us know you're going to be away for a few days if you can. Sorry I have to be the bad guy, but I have to uphold the rules :c

Pau

Because if you ran across anyone that was despair they ALREADY KNOW that information. Only the hope aligned characters would not know that information. Again, this was based on the assumption that paths physically had to cross in order to be counted on that list. It doesn't matter anymore because of ty4on.
But I already said, if I hadn't run into Despair, they don't know that information. That if was a big enough if for me to stay quiet.

I'm pushing the point so that we're careful when asking any other rule breakers the same questions. Yes, they (or we I suppose) can lie with our answers, but at the end of the day, any answer will be revealing to some people and it might not be the right people.

I told you guys earlier you cross paths with anyone across the hall lol

And that explained why AB saw Pau, but it didn't explain how you saw her (at least in my mind). It's solved now.

Everyone seeing everything just seems so powerful for despair that can compare notes and target people off site. It makes being an ultimate pancake flipper even worse.

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
And that explained why AB saw Pau, but it didn't explain how you saw her (at least in my mind). It's solved now.

Everyone seeing everything just seems so powerful for despair that can compare notes and target people off site. It makes being an ultimate pancake flipper even worse.
Try being a super high school level Basketball passer! Your abilities require your teammates, and that's only on the court! At least the pancake flipper get's to make himself comfort food at night... :(

Swamped

Banned
I really shouldn't be posting from work but this is far too exciting!

You realize that if Pau and Ty4on are telling the truth (and at this point i don't see why they should lie, don't think Pau had that many votes on her but I'm on mobile and can't check), if they are telling the truth the best way to verify this 'Ninja' Theory is to:

Vote: CzarTim

I believe we could potentially get a lot of information from his flip.

But I already said, if I hadn't run into Despair, they don't know that information. That if was a big enough if for me to stay quiet.
If you walked past Franconp's room N1, which is likely IF you went to Ty4on's room (who knows where you kids get to necking these days), then the Killer saw you, even if you didn't see them.

I'm pushing the point so that we're careful when asking any other rule breakers the same questions. Yes, they (or we I suppose) can lie with our answers, but at the end of the day, any answer will be revealing to some people and it might not be the right people.

But now we know that *splinter doesn't have a PR that breaks rules, unless he is the ninja killer. That's actually pretty helpful for a guy like me that doesn't get this access.

That being said, I don't want Makai to die today,

vote:vivioggi

I think terrabyte's reasoning makes a lot of sense as a gambit, and without anything else to go on (I get a lot of Hope reads from the active players, though one person is rapidly making me change my assumption) I'll target him and his very odd voting and posting pattern.

CzarTim

If you walked past Franconp's room N1, which is likely IF you went to Ty4on's room (who knows where you kids get to necking these days), then the Killer saw you, even if you didn't see them.
You agree assuming the ninja gets a list too, there might be an underground tunnel or something that bypasses that part entirely.

But now we know that *splinter doesn't have a PR that breaks rules, unless he is the ninja killer. That's actually pretty helpful for a guy like me that doesn't get this access.

That being said, I don't want Makai to die today,

vote:vivioggi

I think terrabyte's reasoning makes a lot of sense as a gambit, and without anything else to go on (I get a lot of Hope reads from the active players, though one person is rapidly making me change my assumption) I'll target him and his very odd voting and posting pattern.

I.... cannot fucking believe this.

You found kgtrep's arguments against Crab on D2 to be unconvincing, but find Terrabyte's arguments against Vivi to be sound?

Yes, what so hard to believe?

Crab's been consistent with day 1 and 2, vivioggi has been consistently inconsistent.

The game is a marathon and a sprint. My vote for crab wasn't a vote against KgTrep's reasoning, it was a vote for who I thought would benefit town more at the time. That's what I said yesterday and it was as true at the beginning of that day as at the end.

You agree assuming the ninja gets a list too, there might be an underground tunnel or something that bypasses that part entirely.
Very true. I guess it's possible the Ninja is invisible, but also doesn't see anything. Which frankly makes the whole map mechanic a bit painful for Hope. We would be playing Red Herring: The Game.

It would be odd if the possible ninja also got a list as then they get a list of town power roles.
I am assuming that not all Despair roles are Ninja, which means they are getting this anyway. In would explain why Salva went N2; they saw him in the hallways and knew him to be a PR that wasn't on their team. It's a giant freaking target on the heads of anyone that wanders the halls, which is why I struggle to believe there would be a Ninja on top of all that. A single Despair PR that uses the Hallways could basically just repeatedly go across the school. Who cares if they get caught? They just report back on the Despair forum and those people WILL die eventually.

Pau

If the killer can see us but we can't see him, that's overpowered to the point where the room mechanic makes this game easier for Despair without giving Hope enough of a boost.

There's a least one Despair that can see rule breakers. It has to be why SalvaPot died.

I didn't think that was a good trade. All I'm saying for the future, the answers to Hope's questions might not be a good trade either. Doesn't mean they're automatically suspicious. All rule breakers are to an extent, but the information that maybe clears us also helps Despair.

I am assuming that not all Despair roles are Ninja, which means they are getting this anyway. In would explain why Salva went N2; they saw him in the hallways and knew him to be a PR that wasn't on their team. It's a giant freaking target on the heads of anyone that wanders the halls, which is why I struggle to believe there would be a Ninja on top of all that. A single Despair PR that uses the Hallways could basically just repeatedly go across the school. Who cares if they get caught? They just report back on the Despair forum and those people WILL die eventually.

Absolutbro gets it! We need to think about what we share and what we keep to ourselves. all the rule breakers are essentially risking their lives when they wander the halls.

If the killer can see us but we can't see him, that's overpowered to the point where the room mechanic makes this game easier for Despair without giving Hope enough of a boost.

There's a least one Despair that can see rule breakers. It has to be why SalvaPot died.

I didn't think that was a good trade. All I'm saying for the future, the answers to Hope's questions might not be a good trade either. Doesn't mean they're automatically suspicious. All rule breakers are to an extent, but the information that maybe clears us also helps Despair.

I agree it's why salvapot died, and who knows what he did, or who he saw during his two nights of actions.

I think each of the rule breakers needs to ask themselves, if I died tonight is there any information that town absolutely should know?" We all want to assemble massive lists of cleared and scum people and who goes where and who does what, but I am pretty sure that we are going to lose a rule breaker every night until they are all gone.

I'm sure not every Hope PR breaks rules, and obviously despair has a role that isn't seen by anyone. we need to start thinking harder on what we are already revealIng even if we don't type it out.

If only someone had begged everyone not to share any info lol

Thisfuckinggame

That's not what I'm saying at all. Keeping everything to yourselves in this game benefits despair more than keeping rule breakers safe. Sharing things that despair may already know with the rest of us would help compare notes and open up despair to typing too quickly.

What if the ninja isn't one role but instead a shared power that all despair has? For example whoever submits the kill order does so without being seen, but does not collect fight club information. So if you and some others see someone night 1 and night 2 but not night 3, and no one else sees them on night 3 that opens them up for questioning.

If Crab is right with his numbers (Hope has about 8-9 PR), then we've had pretty much every Hope in the game with a PR reveal themselves to literally fucking everyone. Is there actually still a point in hiding information?

1: Makai's role claimed something.
2 + 3: Pau/Tl21 have seemed to claim Lovers.
4: Goshujin has role claimed something. I think I know what his role is.
5. Salva was swticher
6. Czar claims one shot cop.
7. AB claims sleep walker. Which actually could be a neutral role but idk what its win condition would be in that case so probably Hope.

Either we have pretty much every Hope PR revealed, or some of these fuckers are lying. Of the liars, I'd guess Makai. And goshujin might actually be Despair, though idk how strongly I think that.

But if they actually are all Hope, what's the point of hiding the fight club list now?

Reads ala Zippedpinhead:
1. Crab –the less he posts today, the more I think I made a mistake yesterday.
2. Swamped – Hope, I think our looks on some of the players align. Though we obviously think Makai has different abilities.
3. AbsolutBro – Hope, Confirmed
4. TL21xx – No Idea
5. CzarTim –Hope.
6. CornBurrito – We obviously disagree with how we would play the game. Could be either way..
7. Barrylocke – Where are you? The less you post the more I think Despair. (same read from yesterday because you haven’t really posted today)
8. Kingkitty – Still hasn’t posted as much today, but not enough to warrant prods (at least I think so) - Leaning despair.
9. Kalor – gives good information and insight when he posts, but the amount of posts he has tends to lean that he is despair giving breadcrumbs to appear not Despair vs Hope being busy.
10. Rest – still no idea.
11. Makai – I still don’t trust you in the slightest, but I also don’t want Town to lynch you.
12. ViviOggi – I agree with Terrabyte20xx, he has been suspicious, and inconsistent. Hence the vote.
13. Pau – If Ty4on is to be believed Hope, and I can understand it.
14. Terrabyte20xx – Hope
15. Sawneeks –No good read, she could be anything – hasn’t changed since yesterday
16. Goshujinsama– I still don’t trust the accidental role claim. Especially since he is not the switcher.
17. Ty4on – Substitute player. Pau’s friend. I’ll give a pass for Hope

Pau

So in the interest of figuring out who we should vote for today, here's a (truncated) version of my notes.

Hope: Ty4on, Pau, SalvaPot, kgtrep, franconp

Rulebreakers who have outed themselves or died: Pau, AbsolutBro, CzarTim, SalvaPot

Maybe Hope PR OR Unlikely Despair gambits: AbsolutBro, CzarTim, Gosh, Makai

Everyone else: Rest, Sawneeks, CornBurrito, *Splinter, Vivi, Crab, Swamped, Kalor, Zipped, Barry, Terra, kingkitty, TL21xx
Virtually inactive: Barry, TL21xx​

So question is (to reiterate what AbsolutBro has asked), do we go after possible but unlikely gambits or someone else entirely?

Out of the Maybe Hope/Unlikely Despair gambits, I'm least likely to go after Gosh. I don't trust Makai, but hey, he's potentially in a similar situation as me. I really, really want AbsolutBro to be a Godfather like role if CzarTim is telling the truth because it makes life easier for me. I'm not 100% sure of CzarTim, and he's said he's okay with dying at this point, but that still gets ride of a Hope vote.

As for everyone else, I don't want to vote for people who are virtually inactive until tomorrow.

16. Goshujinsama– I still don’t trust the accidental role claim. Especially since he is not the switcher.

Honestly he never claimed switcher, and I see that now looking back. But he WAS veryyyyyyyyyyyy interested in Switcher priority. Which leads me to think he is either a killer or a blocker.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=173898165&postcount=461

However his question seemed to deal with killing...

I almost want to believe he's a Despair killer, maybe even the ninja since nobody's mentioned him being on a fight club list. But then why the fuck would he ask his D1 question in this thread rather than on the Despair subforum. Unless it was part of a ruse, since it led almost everyone here to assume he was Switcher and Hope aligned.

His question also doesn't really strike me as a question the Blocker would ask.

I actually really question goshujinsama now. Consider me a believer that he is Despair. With some conviction. But since he has no votes for today, I'll gladly give him another day and perhaps vote for Makai instead since I don't necessarily trust Makai either.

But we really really REALLY should stop giving people "oh they cant be Despair" passes just for being inactive/nonexistant.

Pau

But if they actually are all Hope, what's the point of hiding the fight club list now?
There might still be more Hope PRs and then people will complain that everyone is outed by D3. If a majority decides it's information they want, I'll give it up if Hope collectively thinks its judgment is better than the rule breakers'.

His question also doesn't really strike me as a question the Blocker would ask.
What if the question was: Do I block the switch from happening, or what happens to the switched?

I'm going to assume that not every Despair player is a PR either. Which means we would only pass them the nights they carry out the actual kill. Assuming the Ninja doesn't do it every night, because why the crap wouldn't he?

Makai

If Crab is right with his numbers (Hope has about 8-9 PR), then we've had pretty much every Hope in the game with a PR reveal themselves to literally fucking everyone. Is there actually still a point in hiding information?

1: Makai's role claimed something.
2 + 3: Pau/Tl21 have seemed to claim Lovers.
4: Goshujin has role claimed something. I think I know what his role is.
5. Salva was swticher
6. Czar claims one shot cop.
7. AB claims sleep walker. Which actually could be a neutral role but idk what its win condition would be in that case so probably Hope.

Either we have pretty much every Hope PR revealed, or some of these fuckers are lying. Of the liars, I'd guess Makai. And goshujin might actually be Despair, though idk how strongly I think that.

If I am scum, who are my teammates?

Sawneeks

Banned
I've been busy the past couple of days so I've only been able to post every once in a while though I'm able to post more often from now on.

I had a small post on Tim/AB/Pau a couple of pages back.

To expand on this since it has been a day since I posted this, I still feel the same way in thinking that all three of them are Hope, especially now with Ty4on's most recent remark on saying how he knows Pau is Hope. If CzarTim was lying when he "cleared" AbsolutBro then that would be a crazy move as Despair, unless that is the line of thinking he assumed we would go down.

As for who I would vote for today, I'm not sure. At the start of the day I suspected some people Pau, AbsolutBro, Ty4on (sort of) but as the day has went on I've moved away from them. I've been thinking a lot about goshujinsama and if their role "reveal" was intentional but they seem to be a new player who has been learning as they go along. I'll vote for someone but I need to reread some stuff.

Also

Unvote: Barrylocke

I doubt a Despair member would be inactive this much as it stands out more rather than blending in. I'm tempted to keep my vote on them as having a replacement player catch up could be difficult for them but it would be a waste voting someone who is likely Hope.

Ah, thank you. I knew I had missed something. I appreciate you answering my questions.

I really shouldn't be posting from work but this is far too exciting!

You realize that if Pau and Ty4on are telling the truth (and at this point i don't see why they should lie, don't think Pau had that many votes on her but I'm on mobile and can't check), if they are telling the truth the best way to verify this 'Ninja' Theory is to:

I believe we could potentially get a lot of information from his flip.

I want to bring attention to this as well. After thinking over what has just been revealed I'm starting to feel that a vote on Tim might be a better course of action. So far it seems pretty clear that people who walk the halls see each other and essentially are able to create a 'list' over time of people they meet when out at night. Meaning if a Hope rule breaker crosses path with a Mafia rule breaker that member of the Mafia now knows who might have a Power Role among the Hope players. This would allow them to strategize instead of simply shooting in the dark and they now have a far better shot at hitting those roles. This can be supported by the fact that Francomp ( a normal town player ) was killed Night 1 and when Night 2 comes and goes, SalvaPot is found dead ( a Hope Power Role ). So, by this example, we can assume whoever saw SalvaPot move on Night 1 is somehow related to the Mafia.

I believe Tim said something about seeing Salva on Night 1 ( I could be remembering incrroectly, there is a lot of info today ) and neither Pau, Ty4on, or AB have mentioned seeing Salva during the night. Assuming this is correct, we can guess that Salva moved to the left, crossing paths with Tim, and either moved into a room ( the Pool or whatever that top left thing is ) or went to the bedrooms on the bottom of the map. So far this means the only person who has said to cross paths with Salva is Tim and now that we know both a possible Ninja and a possible Godfather exist, it wouldn't be a stretch to assume Tim could be the later. If he happens to not be Despair this would lead to us losing the supposed 'one-shot cop turned normal town' player, not a big loss all things considered.

There might still be more Hope PRs and then people will complain that everyone is outed by D3. If a majority decides it's information they want, I'll give it up if Hope collectively thinks its judgment is better than the rule breakers'.

What if the question was: Do I block the switch from happening, or what happens to the switched?

Look, I'm not saying to list names. But it might be helpful to start looking at people outside of the 8 (supposed) Hope PR's on this list. Given the huge number of 1 shot powers this game, maybe we do have a higher proportion of PR's. But 8 is a lot.

1: Makai
2 Pau - Lover
3. Typhon - Lover
4: Goshujin
5. Salva - Switcher
6. Czar
7. AB
8. Kgtrep - Debater

Anyway goshu's question was not about blocking. It gave him no info about blocking vs switcher. It purely was about killing vs switcher. We know salva is switcher. It makes more sense that goshujinsama is a killer in that case. His question was either a ruse to make us all think he was a PR/switcher, or a ruse to make us think he was a clueless Hope PR instead of a Despair PR. Or he was just a clueless Despair PR and fucked up on D1 but managed to twist it around.

CzarTim

I'm okay with being sacrificed for the greater good. It would confirm a ninja and clear AB. We should do it early while we have some mislynches left.

Sawneeks

Banned
I'm okay with being sacrificed for the greater good. It would confirm a ninja and clear AB. We should do it early while we have some mislynches left.

It would confirm a few things for me and is why I suggested it. It doesn't save AB from suspicion just by pure association but it would give more merit to his Hope-ness.

Sorry Tim. :'(

Ty4on

If you are a Despair PR who on N1 saw Salva and only Salva, it makes a ton of sense to kill him at night because you have no witnesses. If Czar and AB are hope then the only place Salva could have been spotted in my theory is the green area.
8RSSsAB.png

It's far too big to find any targets, but it could be a place to avoid as a rule breaker.

CzarTim

It would confirm a few things for me and is why I suggested it. It doesn't save AB from suspicion just by pure association but it would give more merit to his Hope-ness.

Sorry Tim. :'(

Now I feel bad. It'll feel empty afterwards.

honestly, it's fine. sometimes this happens in mafia. I still win with you guys if I'm dead, so if my death leads to town victory, it works for me!

Ty4on

It's far too big to find any targets, but it could be a place to avoid as a rule breaker.
Meh, they're probably evenly distributed and it won't make a difference.

I dunno where I was going with that. Salva's role means he could have visited almost the entire map in one night.

You have like 3 votes... why are you hanging the noose on your own neck and walking towards the gallows? Or is this a ploy like Crab voting for himself on D2?

CzarTim

Though I will say that there's a chance the mafia didn't even see salva and just inferred he had a role by the way he was talking about the map yesterday. Just keep that in mind.

Ty4on

Though I will say that there's a chance the mafia didn't even see salva and just inferred he had a role by the way he was talking about the map yesterday. Just keep that in mind.
That's very true. It was quite obvious and if they saw him the sheer number of possible witnesses might have made everyone and their dog a target for having seen him.

Top Bottom