• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danganronpa Mafia |OT| Grin and Bear It

For sake of disclosure, I am not voting for CzarTim to gain further information. I am voting for him because I believe he is Despair.

For reasons as I have listed above, I believe CzarTim had the unfortunate chance of running into AbsolutBro in franconp's room when he was murdering franconp. To dig his way out of this unfortunate hole, he is currently playing a desperate but intelligent gambit. Furthermore, he was acting a little out of the ordinary in my engagement with him yesterday, leaving me with a feeling that he was keen to sell the idea of the ninja too strongly. Kingkitty's theory helped but my decision was based on my own reasoning and conviction.

I do believe that if CzarTim was Despair, he would also be confident in ascertaining AbsolutBro's alignment since Despair knows who are NOT Despair. Additionally, he would be gaining Hope points through this bold gambit.

If that is the case why did Czar wait until D3? I suppose because he was "safe" from votes on D2 but AB still could have outed him. Actually... Maybe the fact that he waited until D3 is...

Pau

Then they don't answer.
I explained time and time again why I didn't want to answer those questions. *shrugs*

The only other kink to my thoughts that I don't think I saw asked about was Splinter. Did Pau ever say if she saw Splinter on the move? Did Czartim? Because that's another other person that could have killed Francop without AbsoluteBro knowing (since he went the other way).
AbsolutBro would have seen *Splinter. He's right across from franconp.

The only other kink to my thoughts that I don't think I saw asked about was Splinter. Did Pau ever say if she saw Splinter on the move? Did Czartim? Because that's another other person that could have killed Francop without AbsoluteBro knowing (since he went the other way).
There is no way for some to get to Fran N1 that isn't Czar, Pau or a Ninja.

I explained time and time again why I didn't want to answer those questions. *shrugs*

AbsolutBro would have seen *Splinter. He's right across from franconp.

*facepalm* I...was looking nextdoor at CornBurrito when I said that...who doesn't have a Red X on his name...

Ok...so then he would have seen Splinter and mentioned him along with you and Czar. That takes care of that bit then. And I assume that means you also didn't see splinter, Pau?

kingkitty

Czar's "kill me eh" attitude makes me a little more confident in my Kalor vote. But it seems like what, 6 people voted for Czar already? Zipped has 3 votes.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
There is no way for some to get to Fran N1 that isn't Czar, Pau or a Ninja.

This is precisely why there *is* a ninja. Do you realize how ridiculously easy this game would be if town PRs could pass killers? We could break the game right open by getting every town PR who can target to target the person furthest away from them, and then work out who the killer is by who met who. For example, without even having actually planned it this well at all (AbsolutBro visiting someone near to him, for example) we'd already be able to say the killer is either Czar or Pau.

There is a ninja. As such, the killer is almost certainly *not* Czar or Pau. I am pretty damn confident of that.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
That's not to say that Czar or Pau are Hope - they could be non-killing Despair PRs. But there's no evidence to suppose that more or less than anything else. As such, killing Czar for "information" is entirely pointless. It doesn't get us any useful information, and if you think it gives *any* information at all anyway, you must therefore think he is Hope - so why not take his information as given and focus on someone else?

Sawneeks

Banned
VOTE: Sawneeks

I'm trying to figure out who is in my blindspot and Sawneeks is definitely in it. Definitionally middle of the road poster and in my experience they're mafia. I struggle to recall what Sawneeks has actually said while at the same time not having the impression she's inactive.

I will admit I don't post a lot even though I generally try to stay updated with the thread. I had explained it during Day 1 that I tend not to vote or pester someone unless I feel I have sufficient reason to do so. If you go back on Day 2 and even today on Day 3 you will see that many of the people on my 'scum list' have explained themselves enough to where I don't feel confident in a vote towards them. My lack of activity is definitely something I wish to fix but I don't feel like I have gone without my fair share of comments.

I mean it could be worse, I could be Blarg.

It's funny, I was just winding about him myself. Looking over his vote record, he has yet to really take a chance past day one.

I tend to only vote on people I feel confident about voting for, save for the end of Day 1 where I hastily picked between the final two candidates. I vote to prod people early on during a Day, towards the end I tend to vote to convict. It leaves me making not a lot of votes. Also:

Shoot, her, I am so sorry!

don't worry about it!

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I'm keeping my vote on Sawneeks. Withholding your vote until you have sufficient reason is basically admitting you don't really feel comfortable in revealing your attitude towards either players, given "sufficient reason" in a game of mafia is totally arbitrary.

Pau

Czar, I thought you wanted to die?

*facepalm* I...was looking nextdoor at CornBurrito when I said that...who doesn't have a Red X on his name...

Ok...so then he would have seen Splinter and mentioned him along with you and Czar. That takes care of that bit then. And I assume that means you also didn't see splinter, Pau?
No, I didn't see him. Otherwise I would have thought he was the killer.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I have to say, I am finding it weird as fuck there is basically not a single person even mildly willing to consider Sawneeks. Like, there are 18 players aside from myself, it seems a striking coincidence that maybe terrabyte at best also considers Sawneeks a possible suspect.

I'm keeping my vote on Sawneeks. Withholding your vote until you have sufficient reason is basically admitting you don't really feel comfortable in revealing your attitude towards either players, given "sufficient reason" in a game of mafia is totally arbitrary.

Voting for Sawneeks means you'd rather lose Czar than zipped.

Sawneeks

Banned
1 question, say we Lynch Czar, he flips hope, and the Pau/Ty4on end up dead at night, who do we go after next?

I'm fine with looking at KingKitty. His Day 1 act is still weird to me.

That's not to say that Czar or Pau are Hope - they could be non-killing Despair PRs. But there's no evidence to suppose that more or less than anything else. As such, killing Czar for "information" is entirely pointless. It doesn't get us any useful information, and if you think it gives *any* information at all anyway, you must therefore think he is Hope - so why not take his information as given and focus on someone else?

This is under the assumption that there is a Ninja. We have no evidence at all that a Ninja is in play but if Czar is lynched and flips Hope that means there is a much higher chance of their being a Ninja ( given if you believe Pau/Ty4on ).

It's my style of play. I don't like to throw votes out whenever possible just because I can without having some sort of purpose for doing it.

Kalor

1 question, say we Lynch Czar, he flips hope, and the Pau/Ty4on end up dead at night, who do we go after next?

If that is the case then that means that AbsolutBro is definitely Hope. Makai said they would only claim at the start of a day so we have that as well. I have an idea but I need the night phase to go over some more posts that I can't do in the time we have left.

I've been rereading some old posts and Sawneeks has stood out to me. Their posts have been quite general and don't call too many people out (not that I can talk). This might something best suited to discussing tomorrow when we have more time but I don't feel strongly about CzarTim or ZippedPinhead.

Vote: Sawneeks

I have to say, I am finding it weird as fuck there is basically not a single person even mildly willing to consider Sawneeks. Like, there are 18 players aside from myself, it seems a striking coincidence that maybe terrabyte at best also considers Sawneeks a possible suspect.

I will give Sawneeks more thought tomorrow. She's kind of avoided my focus since my gut hasn't ever pinged her as Despair. There's no time with half an hour left and on mobile though.

Sawneeks I don't like you asserting there is no evidence for a Ninja. It breaking the game to not have one is evidence.

Vote: Sawneeks

The vote isn't for that reason alone. I just don't want Czar to die.

*Splinter

What are your thoughts on the ninja?
Of course there is, Crab has explained it well enough. Him being Despair shouldn't take away from absolute facts he points out (ie. we could end this game very quickly if no ninja). You should be wary of him pushing an interpretation of those facts (as you should of anyone) but in this case it's quite straightforward. I believe a ninja exists

Ok... I see what people mean now when they call me a flip flopped.

Apologies for all the vote changing. D3 is a bad day. I'm not confident on anything.

*Splinter

Why Saw over Zipped? Zipped has been way more scummy to me, and Crab as far as I remember you haven't spoken much about either of these two before now? (I'm gonna look pretty stupid if one of your mega reads covered them, I guess)

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
kingkitty, ViviOggi, *Splinter, CzarTim, Terrabyte20xx, and Zippedpinhead are all currently wasting their votes given they're on at most 2-vote candidates with half an hour to go. There are also three people who haven't voted - I think T21xx and two others?

Pau

Anyone going Czar feel like answering this question?
Well, I guess since I die in this scenario, my answer won't matter much. But I've already said that I'm willing to go after others like Zipped, Vivi, etc. I don't see how Czar dying keeps us from going after anyone else?

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Why Saw over Zipped? Zipped has been way more scummy to me, and Crab as far as I remember you haven't spoken much about either of these two before now? (I'm gonna look pretty stupid if one of your mega reads covered them, I guess)

I have no particular reason. I don't like Zipped's play particularly much either, but Zipped's play is consistent with his town play in the past - both S1 and S2, actually - so in light of that I find it easier to interpret as town.

*Splinter

kingkitty, ViviOggi, *Splinter, CzarTim, Terrabyte20xx, and Zippedpinhead are all currently wasting their votes given they're on at most 2-vote candidates with half an hour to go. There are also three people who haven't voted - I think T21xx and two others?
Wtf, Saw was still at 1 when Zipped was at 2? Where the fuck is this Saw train coming from?

kingkitty

lol you were technically part of that group too until like, 10 mins ago.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Wtf, Saw was still at 1 when Zipped was at 2? Where the fuck is this Saw train coming from?

Me, CornBurrito, terrabyte20xx, and Kalor. I started it, terrabyte had voiced suspicions about Sawneeks prior to it starting, and CornBurrito is a notorious flipflopper. Only Kalor's vote is potentially a wagon-joiner.

Pau

I find it weird that CzarTim was okay with being lynched and now seems like he isn't. I understand not wanting to play anymore or whatever, but if this game is about weird social cues, well, that's a weird cue.

So Sawneeks is being voted due to playstyle and assuming that there is a ninja. But while a ninja makes a lot of sense, it still seems silly to just assume its there. And if it's there, it could be a dumbed down role. Maybe the ninja can only go x amount of times, or every other day.

Also, even if there is a ninja, who is to say that CzarTim still didn't do the kill. It doesn't add much to that side because it IS a gutsy lie to make, but it's worth pointing out.

I just don't like the idea of basing a vote based on an assumption (but no confirmation) of certain game mechanics, and based on that, learning about those mechanics, via a CzarTim vote, makes way more sense to me.

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
I'm curious to know why, even Tim said if we wanted to ease suspicions to lynch him today.
He has been nothing but upfront about the map, fight club, and giving solid, if only opinionated, arguments about what info should and shouldn't be open to the public. And dispite all that, he's the lead Lynch candidate JUST because it could be a gambit. A long term, consistent, well thought out gambit that was set in motion from the beginning of day two and has held up to INCREADIBLE pressure. It makes no sense.

As for lynching him to set our minds at ease, We didn't do that when it was only KG and Crab, and that was practically the same thing, there is NO reason to Lynch him at this moment in time, none.

Purely because Crab gets people to vote the way he wants. He isn't going to change his. I don't want Czar gone. I must change mine.

*Splinter

I have no particular reason. I don't like Zipped's play particularly much either, but Zipped's play is consistent with his town play in the past - both S1 and S2, actually - so in light of that I find it easier to interpret as town.
In fairness that's at least consistent with what Tim and now I think Terra have said. Can't comment on it myself, I guess

Kalor

I just noticed Rest hasn't voted at all this day phase which is odd. I feel like for how active they have been they should have a vote.

ViviOggi

I'll be around until the day ends. I'm not really comfortable with jumping on Sawneeks as she's almost completely flown under my radar except for vague memories of some good contributions. I would have slightly leaned Hope because of that but I'm going to have a look at her history again.

I find it weird that CzarTim was okay with being lynched and now seems like he isn't. I understand not wanting to play anymore or whatever, but if this game is about weird social cues, well, that's a weird cue.

Crab did the same damn thing D2 and almost nobody but me called him on it.

Speaking of, Crab why u no do more mega posts on your reads?

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I'll be around until the day ends. I'm not really comfortable with jumping on Sawneeks as she's almost completely flown under my radar except for vague memories of some good contributions. I would have slightly leaned Hope because of that but I'm going to have a look at her history again.

because logics

people who fly under radars are mafia

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Crab did the same damn thing D2 and almost nobody but me called him on it.

Speaking of, Crab why u no do more mega posts on your reads?

No real reason. They felt somewhat pointless because very few people actually responded to them and nobody has attempted doing their own versions. Apparently debating mechanics was more fun. They felt more like ways to prove my town credentials than actually contribute to killing mafia, and obv I don't need to prove my town credentials.

CzarTim

How so exactly? I'm not arguing. I'm fine with being voted out but I need to write up some reads so you guys have something to go off of tomorrow.

I'm not confident enough in a saw vote, but i'd vote rest.

Top Bottom