• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT| Like leaves on a tree… we’re falling one by one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

raven777

Kizumonogatari movie site started countdown

CQKfFytUsAQbko7.jpg:large

http://www.kizumonogatari-movie.com/

Manglobe is going under huh? Doesn't surprise me. Their work at best met at luke warm reception in Japan, if that. Still...

394Qm3p.gif

They didn't work on a lot of particularly memorable shows, but people really like Samurai Champloo, Samurai Flamenco, and Deadman Wonderland. I also hold some fondness for some their more divisive work, like Michiko to Hatchin, and Ergo Proxy as well.

Wonder what this means for Genocidal Organ? That movie they were going to release this November.

Oh, and this has been going around. Might be fake but...

12072550_1504647509849434_3196397171770592862_n.jpg

Looks like Funi and Crunchy will be streaming the new Gundam.

Overlord - 13 [End]

Absolutely disgusting.

Show needed more banter between Albedo and Shalltear, and more silly skeleton ownage to please my pleb brain, such as this:
Other than that, it was watchable on a week to week basis I guess. Don't think I'd jump with joy if a S2 was announced, but I'd probably end up watching it.

lonely

Sunrise are going in hard on the new series it seems, I really hope it pays off and Gundam media becomes more readily available.

Jarmel

Banned
The interesting thing to note is that it will be on Hulu, Daisuki and Gundaminfo (eg, Youtube) the same day it airs in Japan, but Crunchyroll and FUNimation will have it a week delayed. That's kind of odd.

Other than Hulu it actually makes perfect sense. Japan is trying to push forward their own streaming options instead of foreign ones.

javac

Artwork Updates:
Mobile Suit Gundam - Part 1: Collector's Edition
Release Date: 30th November 2015
Audio: English / Japanese
Subtitles: English
Run Time: 525 min
Format: BD (£44.99)
Contains the first half of the iconic series (Episodes 1-21) in both English dub and Japanese with English subtitles.

LtLazlP.jpg

2VZDjCu.jpg

Baccano - Collector's Edition
Release Date: November / December 2015
Audio: Japanese: LPCM 2.0 / English: LPCM 2.0
Run Time: 400 min
Format: BD (£49.99)
Contains all 16 episodes over 3 Blu-Rays, English dub & Japanese with subs in collector's packaging.
Extras:
  • Collector's packaging
  • Clean opening and closing
  • Trailers
ftz5cA8.jpg

Release Date Updates:
Fate/Kaleid Liner Prisma Illya: Season 1: Collector's Edition
Release Date: 2nd November 2015
Audio: English: DTS-HD Master Audio 2.0 / Japanese: DTS-HD Master Audio 2.0
Run Time: 275 min
Format: BD (£39.99), DVD (£24.99)
Contains Episodes 1-10 and the bonus OVA with both an English dub and Japanese original with subtitles on Blu-Ray in Collectors Packaging with a booklet.
Extras:
  • Clean Opening
  • Clean Closing
  • Bonus OVA episode
yl3dbYr.jpg

Qbpd7hT.jpg

Sword Art Online II - Part 2: Collector's Edition
Release Date: 23rd November 2015
Audio: English / Japanese
Run Time: 175 min
Format: BD (£28.75)
Contains episodes 8-14 in both Japanese with subs and English dub.
Extras:
  • Collector's packaging
  • Booklet
  • Art cards
  • Special Animation "Sword Art Offline II"
  • Textless Ending
  • Original Web Previews

Ping Pong The Animation: Complete Series
Release Date: January 2016 (TBC)
Audio: English: Dolby TrueHD 5.1 / Japanese: Dolby TrueHD 2.0
Run Time: 275 min
Format: BD (£39.99)
Contains the complete series in English and Japanese with English subtitles on Blu-Ray and DVD in collector's packaging.
Extras:
  • Collector's packaging
  • Clean opening
  • Clean Ending
  • Web Previews / teasers
  • Audio Commentary from US voice cast (Episode 1 and Episode 11)
28G8c3O.jpg

HZ43wDx.jpg
blog.alltheanime

/XX/

As cii has just announced that Hanepen will soon go beyond the 'beta' version, showcasing it with a demonstration clip (don't worry, people like Shingo have already demonstrated to great effect more subtle uses of this), it makes even more patent the "democratization" process that assisting software of this kind brings to a renovated training ground for 'web-gen' animators, accustomed until now to not-so-much specialized 'tweening' methods of other computer programs.

So... could automated inbetweening software tools, in a sense, save a bigger space for "traditional" animation work in contrast to other rising techniques when comparing time and costs? Maybe, and surely a serious consideration inside the very same Japanese animation industry refutes it. For example, a more professional-oriented software package as is CACANi (https://www.youtube.com/user/cagntu/videos) was surprising many because of its capabilities, as accounted by production runner Yoshihiro Watanabe (https://twitter.com/crazynabe/status/587074642508062720 & https://twitter.com/crazynabe/status/587080436938973184). Anyway, we have to take into account that this ultimately doesn't replace entirely the in-between animator post, of course... 'karisuma' understanding seems to still be outside the realm of the computers' processing! :-D

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan

javac

How many of the gundam series did anime limited get the license for? Would love a complete Wing boxset.

They (Anime Limited) have a partnership with Sunrise, it sounds as if they will be the sole distributor for all Gundam titles in the UK.
They're also releasing Gundam: Reconguista in G as well as distributing Mobile Suit Gundam The Origin and have heavily hinted at Turn A. I think that whatever they release in the US, the UK will get through Anime Limited although Anime Limited aren't shy of releasing things before the US (Bebop, Perfect Blue etc). It also looks as if Anime Limited have a partnership with Aniplex, nothing official but they seem to be on good terms with one another.

blurr

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom