• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT| Like leaves on a tree… we’re falling one by one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, here's some pics for /XX/:
CQJpwBHUYAAl4Fr.jpg:large
The Studio Ghibli 5 building is still there, but dunno if it's still in use. Seemed like the air conditioning was running at least. This is the back of the building.

The entrance to the 5 building. It's right next to the 3 building. Or at least I think it's the 3 building? Dunno if you can confirm :p

And last a picture of 'Pig House'. No 2CV there when I visited.

Were people in the main Studio Ghibli building when I visited today though, so there's still something going on there at least.

Oh, and for everybody else... Uh... Have a picture from inside the Non Non Biyori classroom:

Funimation, CR, Hulu, and Daisuki got Gundam Orphans

[MOBILE SUIT GUNDAM Iron-Blooded Orphans]
[North American territory]
*Starting from October 4, 2015 at 3:30AM (Pacific)
Daisuki.net, Hulu, and Gundam info.
*Starting October 11, 2015 at 1:30AM (Pacific)
Crunchyroll and FUNimation.
[Gundam Reconguista in G]
Starting from October 2, 2015 at 5:00PM (Pacific) on Hulu.
We'll let you know release info for other territories soon.

And thankfully I can finally finish G Reco since Hulu is getting it. It started to grow on me so Ill watch from start to end.

Moaradin

Noragami

This show was pretty enjoyable. Last few episodes weren't as good as the previous stuff, but I heard it was all anime original content. Looking forward to season 2.

Cornbread78

With the newest update on ps4 we should make an AnimeGAF community

LOL, how many people in this community play MP games though? I do, but I'll be going right from Tales of Symphonia to Tales of Zestiria...

Maybe if I can rob a bank, I'll pick up Battlefront so I can plan with my old gaming clan (The 501st Elite) Yeah, those guys have been together since BF1 on PS2...

However, yes, I want to watch what all of you are playing, so if you start booting up all that M-Rated Japanese versions of VN,we can shoot you all sorts of encouraging messages.

RIP Manglobe you'll be remembered for Samurai Champloo.

Still I can't believe they've never had one successful anime. Is it because they don't pander towards Otaku or Fujoshi tastes? It seems like most of their shows are liked in the west rather than Japan.

Still I can't believe they've never had one successful anime. Is it because they don't pander towards Otaku or Fujoshi tastes? It seems like most of their shows are liked in the west rather than Japan.

What a surprise that bad taste is a more western problem.

Jarmel

Banned

They definitely pandered, they just weren't that good at it. Also their anime original shows were huge busts.

They did Michiko to Hatchin and House of Five Leaves, at least.

Mendrox

They fucked Deadman Wonderland so I don't really care (except for people losing their workplace and such things). Samurai Flamenco was memorable.

L.O.R.D

Overlord 13

man , that ending was satisfying...i want more
is there a manga that i can read ?
and is there any trailer for the second season ?

Crocodile

A shame to hear Manglobe is going under. They started out pretty strong too. Samurai Champloo remains a GOAT tier anime and though I never like Ergo Proxy I know it had fans. Michiko and Hatchin has some flaws but I've really warmed up to it as I've watched more and it stands in such strong opposition to so many anime is terms of setting, characters, etc. that I'm really happy it exists. Nowadays they've just been pumping out trainwrecks like Samurai Flamenco and Gangsta (at least from a production standpoint).

What a surprise that bad taste is a more western problem.

I can't tell if this post is sarcasm or not (or perhaps I've just misunderstood the point its trying to make) but in case its sincere LOL I think you may want to reign in your inner weeb a bit. The shows that Manglobe made that were "popular" in the West were that way because their themes appealed more to Western tastes. This wasn't some situation where Manglobe was producing nothing but crap and everybody in the anime industry was producing nothing but gold :p

Jarmel

Banned
Honestly I'm not sure why people like Overlord. It's a bad anime in the wish fullfillment genre, a genre that is inherently bad to begin with. Multiple girls are slaving over his dick since they literally are programmed to love him like creepy sex bots. None of the girls do much and only serve primarily to show off how badass Mr.Bones is, instead of undergoing any character arcs or drama on their own. Mr.Bones is of course invincible and never suffers any serious setbacks, even the closing arc was mostly an inconvenience at best. The fights themselves were boring as dirt, filled with too much exposition/dialogue and the animation was largely pretty bland. The setting is of course the usual virtual faux-fantasy one that has been done to death in the past five years.

There's nothing there. It's not any different than the hordes of garbage LNs being animated now other than the main character being a skeleton.

Honestly I'm not sure why people like Overlord. It's a bad anime in the wish fullfillment genre, a genre that is inherently bad to begin with. Multiple girls are slaving over his dick since they literally are programmed to love him like creepy sex bots. None of the girls do much and only serve primarily to show off how badass Mr.Bones is, instead of undergoing any character arcs or drama on their own. Mr.Bones is of course invincible and never suffers any serious setbacks, even the closing arc was mostly an inconvenience at best. The fights themselves were boring as dirt, filled with too much exposition/dialogue and the animation was largely pretty bland. The setting is of course the usual virtual faux-fantasy one that has been done to death in the past five years.

There's nothing there. It's not any different than the hordes of garbage LNs being animated now other than the main character being a skeleton.

Butbut but... he is a skelly! in a guild full of bad guys!
AOTS!

Mendrox

Well... but he is a better MC than all these other virtual MMORPGs MCs, because he tries to be big and famous, but in his inner shell he is just a fucking normal human being and he loves to plan everything and testing things etc. He is just different. Animation was good compared to all this other shit this season and also the soundtrack was hype as hell here and there. Being made of bones just helps him and the typical fanservice wasn't there for me. Never really felt that way in this series (except for episode 1 with the boob grope).

Also the anime cuts a few things from the LNs, explanations and interesting world building like with any other LN adaption.

/XX/

Well, here's some pics for /XX/:

*cool photos galore*
MikeHattsu delivers! Just amazing that you took the time and effort to bring these here... I'm really grateful. :'-)

The entrance to the 5 building. It's right next to the 3 building. Or at least I think it's the 3 building? Dunno if you can confirm :p

Were people in the main Studio Ghibli building when I visited today though, so there's still something going on there at least.
Yep, you are right. That is the 'studio 3' building, this little illustrative map shows more or less how the buildings are laid out and this one explains the internal team structures that those actually house inside (sorry, both only available with a French translation).

The reason for the activity on Studio Ghibli outside of the actual administrative building? Well, some staff must continue for production support of different projects related to their IPs and all that (there are also Katsuya Kondō plus Mr. Momose & his Studio Kajino at the helm of CMs and derivatives still), but I'd really like to think something else is brewing lately that is much bigger in scope than all that...

But hes epic incarnate and the magic system as nearly as deep as SAOs and Mahouka Koukou. I hope the LNs make it over.

It's trashy entertainment that's different enough from those other LNs to have some novelty to it. But yeah, even having looked at the novels the way the story is structured is pretty silly. It's meet random new people, watch them encounter Nazarek and then ooh and ahh about how utterly amazing they are. Rinse and repeat.

Well... but he is a better MC than all these other virtual MMORPGs MCs, because he tries to be big and famous, but in his inner shell he is just a fucking normal human being and he loves to plan everything and testing things etc. He is just different. Animation was good compared to all this other shit this season and also the soundtrack was hype as hell here and there. Being made of bones just helps him and the typical fanservice wasn't there for me. Never really felt that way in this series (except for episode 1 with the boob grope).

Also the anime cuts a few things from the LNs, explanations and interesting world building like with any other LN adaption.
The MC is pretty flat. Most of his scenes are him talking to his subordinates and going along with whatever they suggest because he's afraid to reveal that he doesn't know what he is doing. It gets old.

javac

21/09/2015 – 27/09/2015 BD Sales: UPDATE

Code:
[B]Title 							Week Sales 	Total Sales[/B]
Overlord v1						7,359		7,368
THE IDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls v5			6,603		6,616
Kuroko no Basuke 3rd Season v6				4,527		4,534
Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso v8				4,320		4,335
To Love-Ru Darkness 2nd v1				4,190		4,219
Hello!! Kin-iro Mosaic v4				3,661		3,664
Code Geass Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 5.1ch BD Box		3,453		3,457
Charlotte v1						3,339		3,353
Kidou Senshi V Gundam BD Box v2				3,100		3,122
Fate/Kaleid liner Prisma Illya 2wei Herz! v2		2,165		2,174
Gakkou Gurashi! v1					2,125		2,132
Arslan Senki v3						1,635		1,663
Nagato Yuki-chan no Shoushitsu v4			1,632		1,640

The sales data above are from a different tracker (Soundscan) and as you can tell, the numbers differ greatly from the previous Oricon numbers Link. Now the long and short of it, the titles that are highlighted in red are to be disregarded while the rest are more accurate numbers when compared to the previous numbers. This is due to the fact that Soundscan are pretty shit are tracking anime specialty shops like Aniplex+ which would explain why titles like Charlotte are a lot lower here. This would insinuate that Charlotte sold really well at places like Aniplex+.

Much more info here:
http://www.someanithing.com/3852

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom