• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT| Like leaves on a tree… we’re falling one by one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sölf

Stealing from Mature on twitter:

Lupin III OP

Time to clear a spot off on the ol' AOTY ballot.

Hng. I haven't seen anything from Lupin so far (well, maybe an episode or another when it nwas shown on TV here years and years ago). I could never get into it because there is just so much stuff. Do you think I could just start with this one? Do the various shows connect with each other or is it more or less just episodic?

Narag

In a year with some pretty good OPs, this one is easily my favorite.

Before the night's over, I'll have watched this OP more times than the OP of any of the other shows I watched this year.

Sölf;180297366 said:
Hng. I haven't seen anything from Lupin so far (well, maybe an episode or another when it nwas shown on TV here years and years ago). I could never get into it because there is just so much stuff. Do you think I could just start with this one? Do the various shows connect with each other or is it more or less just episodic?

Yeah, you can start here.

A second season would surprise me since this first one felt like a low production value "just read the manga" anime.

Also, while I consider Mizushima to be a very good director, given that Shirobako is likely to top my AOTY ranking this year, too, the anime failed to live up to the manga's quality. So I don't want a 2nd season if it were equal in production quality and direction.

If Mizushma is going to do anything it should be Shirobako Season 2. (I'd also accept Ookiku Furikabutte Season 3)

Mature

Sölf;180297366 said:
You can start with this one without any problem. The show will only assume you're familiar with the various archetypes of the characters, but it's very accessible.

If you're interested in watching Lupin, you may as well do yourself a favor and watch The Castle of Cagliostro. It's a good entry point in understanding the characters, but also an excellent film in it's own right.

If Mizushma is going to do anything it should be Shirobako Season 2. (I'd also accept Ookiku Furikabutte Season 3)

I'd be okay with a Shirobako S2. I don't hold the show to such high regard as most folks here, but it was pretty good. It was not only fun to watch, but it also gave me some insight as to how the anime industry works. Which is more education than most shows give me lol.

Monogatari Second Season 05

IewBOY1.jpg
ZRhSb4a.jpg
ByiL9ep.jpg

That opening scene of Hanekawa's inner thoughts was very strong, art and story wise. I appreciate Black Hanekawa becoming a separate character with her own motivations, I don't think I've ever seen an evil split personality develop like that. This arc was good, the ending...I actually thought Araragi wouldn't show up at all this season and all the characters would solve their own problems without him there, which would have been cool by me, but whatever. Not sure about his Disgaea protagonist get up. And now Hanekawa has Guts' hair and her life doesn't suck ass, neat

Episode 6 is a recap right? No reason to watch?

So, if this exchange is anything to go by, it's starting to seem like we might not get another season of Prison School...

Well, interesting thought, Kate had about 3 lines and she was voiced by Ami Koshimizu, who is a big name VA. Would they really get her just to say those 3 lines and nothing else?

Maybe who knows

Lupin III OP

Damn, not sure if that will beat out Gatchaman Crowds Insight or Stardust Crusaders OP2 for me but that's a damn good OP.

Sölf

You can start with this one without any problem. The show will only assume you're familiar with the various archetypes of the characters, but it's very accessible.

If you're interested in watching Lupin, you may as well do yourself a favor and watch The Castle of Cagliostro. It's a good entry point in understanding the characters, but also an excellent film in it's own right.

Maybe I'll do that then. At least I will give the show a try. It does interest me (and with an opening this good, it can only be good, right?).

Hm, seeing Lupin, as one of the old franchises, I still have only seen 2 episodes of Slayers so far... xD

Narag

Sölf;180297896 said:
Maybe I'll do that then. At least I will give the show a try. It does interest me (and with an opening this good, it can only be good, right?).

Hm, seeing Lupin, as one of the old franchises, I still have only seen 2 episodes of Slayers so far... xD

People watching the Italian dub have said it started well.

Yeah, Blast of Tempest is purty good. Made entirely by it's characters, without them it woulda been throwaway.

Also this Yona of the Dawn show is super good, nice recs guys. Was it based on an otome or LN? For a straight dude I play a fucking lot of otomes cause there's a lot out there with really good writing and characters, most of the time the anime adaptations are pretty strong too. Reminds me I need to get the final ending in Short Fuse.

Yona is based of a manga.

Also, I have never seen a good otome adaptation; they're all terrible. I have some hopes for the Prince of Stride one in January though, because Atsuko Ishizuka is directing it.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
So, if this exchange is anything to go by, it's starting to seem like we might not get another season of Prison School...

He only doubts whether he can do a second series, not whether there will be one. For all you know his mother saw Prison School and scolded him for directing such a crude show thus he's cautious about continuing with it, especially if he wants to be invited for the family Christmas dinner.

Ascheroth

Gintama 284-290

Catching up before the new shows are starting~

Anyway, there is nothing better than watching a bunch of Gintama episodes back-to-back. I don't know how much I laughed, I just hope I woke nobody up, lol.

Sho-chan episodes are always hilarious by default, and the body-swap arc really killed it, too.
This is what happens when half of Gintokis soul gets sucked into the asshole of a dead cat: Most likely NSFW
No, I did not make that up.

And now we're starting a Sakamoto and Mutsu centric arc about their past, featuring a guy whose face always gets covered in puke before we can actually see it.

There was also some classic Gintoki wisdom about eating watermelons inbetween.
I'll quote: "Overcoming the obstacles of these annoying seeds to eat the watermelon is the mini-drama, of sorts, that gives its flavor a sense of urgency and makes it even more delicious. Basically, when you eat a watermelon, you eat not the fruit, but the drama it creates."
And somehow this quote managed to turn the episode into a watermelon-splitting and Dragon Quest crossover, lol.

Only in Gintama. Only in Gintama.

Edit: Nearly forgot, the reaction face game is still going strong.
o3zpDED.png
dCwHVGS.png

Just from the last episode I watched.

John Blade

Lupin III OP

Great OP. Make me wish to watch the show right now.

Just got my FLAG DVD Box set today. Not in the best condition as you see on the box (look like they is quite a bit wear and tear) but the disc is fine and volume 2 to 4 is still seal. I am going to watch this show once I get through my backlog right now. Also, I will thank javac to recommend this show.

Overlord 13

download.png

Damn right.

Show is great fun.

Dammit Madhouse, give us another season. Stop just giving us one season of great shows, then stopping.

Gvitor

GATE 05&06

The language thing is still bothering me ._. They use some lame excuses like "maybe it's because I hit my head" for the MC and they use the mage as a translator in another scene, but at the same time you get scenes like random army characters normally interacting with random fantasy world characters and they don't address the language thing at all. It's like they decided halfway through it was a bad idea and fixed/tried to fix only half of the scenes, I dunno.

Still, this is way better than the first two episodes. I kinda wish they'd develop the characters a little more though . We got to know a little about the elf's backstory when she joined, but she barely had any relevant scenes after, and I still don't know shit about the mage or Rory. All of these characters just sort of joined and welp, that's it.

Also Pina Co Lada is the best name, damn. I don't know if she'll join later on (hasn't by now), but ironically she's the one with the biggest backstory so far.

ibyea

Banned
I wondering if they is any interested in Let's Watch Anime but this time it's for an hentai show but we're going to discuss about the story or plot development, character development, dialogue, etc.

I don't think we need more AnimeGAF membership destruction.

[Urusei Yatsura] - 136

It hurts my poor heart to hear a father say this to his son. ;____;
The episode could have more screen time to rest
of the (worst) fathers mirror bee, Ryuunosuke's father mirror bee summoning the sea from nothing like him was funny, Umi ga shuki da

ibyea

Banned
[Urusei Yatsura] - 136

It hurts my poor heart to hear a father say this to his son. ;____;
The episode could have more screen time to rest
of the (worst) fathers mirror bee, Ryuunosuke's father mirror bee summoning the sea from nothing like him was funny, Umi ga shuki da

typical anime dad XD

trejo

So in the end which one's the better mecha anime? Aldnoah Zero or Cross Ange?

Also, G-Reco is not available as a secret third answer. ;)

I mean this unironically.

Cross Ange is amazing in my book, because it took the most offensive opening episode I think I've ever seen, and creates an amazing character out of it.

tumblr_nhita22SXF1rydwbvo1_500.gif

Ange is fucking legit awesome.

And it's nice to Kira from Gundam Seed again!

Remember how Tusk was caught in that giant explosion, and was just fine?

Remember how it was never explained how the giant male dragons mate with the tiny female?

Remember how pissed everyone was when Ange didn't leave Tusk for Hilda?

[Urusei Yatsura] - 137

Lum has to prove she just needs courage to defeat a gang of thugs, so she's going to fight without using her powers...
...Ataru being the scumbag he is, quickly shows Lum how weak she is by beating her at arm wrestling several times and getting some money too. Then Lum seeks the help of Ryuunosuke...
fIDZLHm.jpg
Xd0K4MS.jpg

I love these two.
...That wasn't really helpful...then Lum decides to use drugs.
bIPCchU.jpg

The lesson here: "Winners Don't Use Drugs"
And Lum in a china dress is good. Episode was very enjoyable.

Just three days till the finale of Blood Blockade Battlefront.
tumblr_nse0z1lSFL1uqag2fo2_r1_540.gif

I know some people here aren't looking forward to it, but I love the show. Freaking love it.

Hope the ending is worth the wait.

I liked BBB a ton, I'm eagerly looking forward to the finale.

Overlord 13

Satisfying ending til I realized we'll never get a second season.

Also

HER! BUG MAID! Why can't he go around with her instead of boring-ass Nabe? Her design is so interesting and cool and she's in like 3 shots. I'll go read the damn novels right now if she has a part in them. Otherwise, I hold the author under great suspicion of having bad taste in his own creations.

Overlord-13

Another "Go read the source material why are you watching this" ending.

Do 2 minutes of teases really bother you so much?

HER! BUG MAID! Why can't he go around with her instead of boring-ass Nabe? Her design is so interesting and cool and she's in like 3 shots. I'll go read the damn novels right now if she has a part in them. Otherwise, I hold the author under great suspicion of having bad taste in his own creations.
She has one prominent fight scene, otherwise she's basically a background character there too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom