• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT| Like leaves on a tree… we’re falling one by one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JulianImp

Much appreciated. This'll definitely make planning a wish list much easier for the next time I or somebody I know visits Japan.

I'd rather get Shower Kaiki and
Beard Kaiki
;p

The latter could always be a head part... and that reminds me that hawaiian shirt Kaiki would definitely have to come with the glasses and moustache as an accessory.

...And stop reminding me of all the variations of Kaiki we aren't getting, damn it.

lonely

Does anyone know how bad this one gets?

http://myanimelist.net/anime/25099/...i_Shomin_Sample_Toshite_Gets♥Sareta_Ken

Genres: Comedy , Ecchi , Harem , Romance , School

It's actually pretty offensive, there is a running joke about how the main character has to pretend to be gay. But apart from that it's a pretty generic harem, with all the toppings. Including amnesia that causes the MC to forget an important past event, a genius loli that strips as she does math and a MC with a fetish for girls thighs. From what I've read of the manga a lot of the jokes are based on Japanese pop culture so I'm not sure how well the comedy will translate across.

Man, going through the Charlotte thread is sad.

It's like those stories that you know don't have a happy ending, but things briefly look up enough to trick the viewers, only for real ending to come back hard.

Russ T

Banned
speaking of fanservice

I watched the first episode of Food Wars! because everyone seems to like it so much.

Uhhhhh I don't think I can deal with this.

Which is a shame because I think I otherwise would love it. It reminds me of Yakitate Japan, which was great (up until it wasn't). Basically I really wanted a good food wars experience again. ):

Sölf

speaking of fanservice

I watched the first episode of Food Wars! because everyone seems to like it so much.

The fanservice is actually pretty tame (and includes male and female fanservice). The beginning contains actually more fanservice. Foodgasms later on have... different effects. Some don't even include fanservice at all. This would be one such example.

John Blade

I wondering if they is any interested in Let's Watch Anime but this time it's for an hentai show but we're going to discuss about the story or plot development, character development, dialogue, etc.

Sölf

I wondering if they is any interested in Let's Watch Anime but this time it's for an hentai show but we're going to discuss about the story or plot development, character development, dialogue, etc.

There currently is one Let's watch with Samurai Flamenco ongoing. Do you guys usually have more?

speaking of fanservice

Which is a shame because I think I otherwise would love it. It reminds me of Yakitate Japan, which was great (up until it wasn't). Basically I really wanted a good food wars experience again. ):

The first episode is the by far worst offender. That stupid tentacle crap with the awful tasting food will be there only a couple more times and then not as gratuitous as explicit as here. I think you'll see it again once quickly within the next episode or the one after, but if you think you might like the show otherwise, I highly suggest you keep watching.

Cornbread78

What's with you watching trashy ecchi shows as of late, Corn?

Nah, Queens Blade was the only one, OK, Walkure Romanze as well, but the ecchi in that one is just as bad as the series itself. Just clearing out my Crunchy queue of the stuff sitting there for awhile now.

Russ T

Banned
Sölf;180290156 said:
The fanservice is actually pretty tame (and includes male and female fanservice). The beginning contains actually more fanservice. Foodgasms later on have... different effects. Some don't even include fanservice at all. This would be one such example.

It's definitely not that tame in the first episode! And while there was that brief scene with naked dudes, a decent portion of the episode was devoted to Evil Lady's giant boobs bouncing around.

Not to mention the literal tentacle penetration, which took place ever-so-slightly and tastefully off screen...

The first episode is the by far worst offender. That stupid tentacle crap with the awful tasting food will be there only a couple more times and then not as gratuitous as explicit as here. I think you'll see it again once quickly within the next episode or the one after, but if you think you might like the show otherwise, I highly suggest you keep watching.

But okay I'll take your words for it and keep watching.

John Blade

Nah, Queens Blade was the only one, OK, Walkure Romanze as well, but the ecchi in that one is just as bad as the series itself. Just clearing out my Crunchy queue of the stuff sitting there for awhile now.

Why not watch Divergence Eve? It have some ecchi which is mostly nude show of the main female characters. Also, big boobs for everyone.

JulianImp

Same here. The first episode was downright ludicrous, not only having a girl getting mentally raped by a bad recipe that had tentacles in it, but also implying in the end card that she had actually liked the sensation she had felt.

Later episodes are watchable, if only because the show's a shounen where the battles are grounded in reality (outside of the foodgasms) and include real cooking techniques and tips rather than ass-pulls.

Like they need more reasons to ban us all.

Ecchi show discussion in these threads has already claimed enough victims to let me know that a hentai anime let's watch would be a freaking slaughter.

Sölf

It's definitely not that tame in the first episode! And while there was that brief scene with naked dudes, a decent portion of the episode was devoted to Evil Lady's giant boobs bouncing around.

Not to mention the literal tentacle penetration, which took place ever-so-slightly and tastefully off screen...

Okay, let's rephrase it then: Soma's fanservice becomes tamer as the series progresses. It won't vanish completely, but there is nothing on the level of episode 1 later on.

Ascheroth

I think he didn't mean the first episode, but the rest of the show. Somas beginning is sadly not really a good representation of the whole show.
Yes, there will absolutely be more lewd, but nothing on the level of the first episode and most of the times the reactions are just over-the-top ridiculous. And there is loooots of manservice as well, lol. Naked-apon senpai Isshiki wants to have a word with you.

Cornbread78

tumblr_m0agvhkPkn1r435s9.gif

Blast of Tempest will be the next show..

Russ T

Banned
Sölf;180291436 said:
Okay, let's rephrase it then: Soma's fanservice becomes tamer as the series progresses. It won't vanish completely, but there is nothing on the level of episode 1 later on.

I think he didn't mean the first episode, but the rest of the show. Somas beginning is sadly not really a good representation of the whole show.
Yes, there will absolutely be more lewd, but nothing on the level of the first episode and most of the times the reactions are just over-the-top ridiculous. And there is loooots of manservice as well, lol. Naked-apon senpai Isshiki wants to have a word with you.

Yeah, like I said, I'll keep watching at least a few more episodes!

Although I will say that while, in general, I appreciate equal-opportunity fanservice, the main reason I disliked it so much here is because it just seemed to get in the way of what I really wanted to see. So neither male nor female fanservice was appreciated.

e_i

It's the end of the month and that means...

Megami and Nyantype posters!

Too bad they haven't been posted yet.

One would think Love Live and GBF isn't exactly the least known about shows :p

We're not talking about Love Live though ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡ )

Still, I'll put forward Symphogear, it's hype, legally available and I kinda want to watch it.

Don't know if appeals to a big audience though.

Has anyone actually seen that Tempest show? It looks super generic lol.

Sölf

I watched it a few weeks ago. It's pretty cool. The first and second half to differ quite a bit (I liked the first one more), but it's a pretty cool show with cool protagonists.

Ascheroth

We're not talking about Love Live though ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡ )

Still, I'll put forward Symphogear, it's hype, legally available and I kinda want to watch it.

Don't know if appeals to a big audience though.

I watched it some time ago. I think it's pretty good. And I don't think I would call it generic.

Would also be down for a Symphogear lets watch, though. I noticed while watching GX that I remember absolutely nothing from the first 2 seasons, lol.

So, if this exchange is anything to go by, it's starting to seem like we might not get another season of Prison School...

A second season would surprise me since this first one felt like a low production value "just read the manga" anime.

Also, while I consider Mizushima to be a very good director, given that Shirobako is likely to top my AOTY ranking this year, too, the anime failed to live up to the manga's quality. So I don't want a 2nd season if it were equal in production quality and direction.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Gate END

Oh great, now I can't unhear Ax Girl as insane murderous Erina Nakiri. The 2nd Cour is just gonna be Elves, Elves, Elves isn't it?

Sölf;180290458 said:
You are just weak, Mike. I am disappoint.

We could also start small. With Green Green.

*slips into thread*

My insidious plan has taken root!

That all ojo-sama manga that is getting an anime is pretty funny but it's super offensive to gay people (like every anime) and fan servicey. That said, I'll give it a watch. The manga is readable thanks to it's characters because nothing else is TOO original. They've got enough unique tics and funny personalities that it's entertaining.

It's not gonna bust your gut but I'll get a chuckle or two.

Yeah, Blast of Tempest is purty good. Made entirely by it's characters, without them it woulda been throwaway.

Also this Yona of the Dawn show is super good, nice recs guys. Was it based on an otome or LN? For a straight dude I play a fucking lot of otomes cause there's a lot out there with really good writing and characters, most of the time the anime adaptations are pretty strong too. Reminds me I need to get the final ending in Short Fuse.

Sölf

Yeah, Blast of Tempest is purty good. Made entirely by it's characters, without them it woulda been throwaway.

Also this Yona of the Dawn show is super good, nice recs guys. Was it based on an otome or LN? For a straight dude I play a fucking lot of otomes cause there's a lot out there with really good writing and characters, most of the time the anime adaptations are pretty strong too. Reminds me I need to get the final ending in Short Fuse.

Yona is based on the manga of the same name. The anime ends at around chapter 42/43 or something like that. The manga currently has 105 chapters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom