• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ace Attorney [Mafia] |OT| Turnabout Scum

Sorian

Banned
The court is now in session!

tumblr_inline_n4ixsojuSs1qj0upm.gif

God, I leave you losers alone for like 2 hours and you ruin everything.

I'm not even sure why you are all excited. Is something happening today?

hobo-stareb.gif

Kalor

It would probably be a translation patch that would be applied to the rom that you can then use one of those flashcards for, same as Ace Attorney Investigations 2 (WHICH YOU SHOULD ALL PLAY BY THE WAY)

I mean Investigations 2 is maybe the best game in the series so everyone should try to find a way to play it.

Sorian

Banned
INFLUENCE: CornBurrito

Don't worry Sorian, I will stop this when the game starts..... probably.

I'm not terribly strict on highlighted text. Day/Night starts and ends are definitely no bueno, don't do that again Gorlak, otherwise though, I'll probably just ignore all your non-sense.

Sorian

Banned
At Edgeworth's request, everyone had been shuffled into courtroom 2. Gumshoe was busy collecting any evidence he could find at the scene in courtroom 4 and the courthouse was completely locked down until this mystery could be solved. Including the fine detective at the crime scene, there were 21 people gathered.

Though this wasn't an official trial, some things were habit. The judge had seated himself at the head of the courtroom. Phoenix Wright had taken his position at the defendant's bench with his assistant, Maya, at his side. As Edgeworth was about to begin the proceedings, the judge spoke up, obvious confusion across his face.

"I could have sworn there was another woman in here when we first entered. She was wearing purple and white clothing and had brown hair. I see a little girl over there with the same clothes but the woman I saw was quite a bit....... bustier. Mr. Wright, what is the meaning of this?"

phoenix-sheepish(a).gif

"Are you sure, your honor? That's just Pearl. She's been here the entire time, you've even seen her on the witness stand before."

"Hmm, I see. Well, Pearl, the court appears to be in quite the commotion today. Please just be patient while we solve this case. Mr Edworth, please continue....

Day 1 has begun.

Welcome ScraftyDevil!

You are Pearl Fey, Adorable Spirit Medium

Your role is the Town Innocent Child

A prodigy among spirit mediums and more powerful than your cousin Maya, you just enjoy spending time with Phoenix and Maya and wish to help both of them in any way that you can.

You do not have any special actions, but when the game begins, I will post your name and role PM to the game thread. Everyone will be made aware that you are a town-aligned player. This is Gafia, they might lynch you anyway.

You win when all non-town players have been eliminated from the game and there is at least one town player still alive.

ScraftyDevil is confirmed to be Pearl Fey, a town-aligned player.

There are currently 21 living players. Day 1 will end once a choice reaches 11 votes or in:

blu_1455746400.png

So Scrafty is confirmed good. Interesting.

Also:

VOTE: Barrylocke

I don't trust him not to have a grudge against me from the first game >_>

This is mainly a joke, but yeah. What's the deal with first day voting, is consensus for or against these days?

roytheone

Interesting that we begin with one confirmed townie.

It is. She doesn't seem to have any powers though, so I wonder if this will make her an obvious night kill target or not.

Also, I find it interesting that we need to remove all non town players to win, so that rules out survivor neutrals.

It is. She doesn't seem to have any powers though, so I wonder if this will make her an obvious night kill target or not.

Also, I find it interesting that we need to remove all non town players to win, so that rules out survivor neutrals.

If we're looking at the exact wording, it also implies that there's neutral(s) who can win solo.

and

Vote: Xamtheking

roytheone

So Scrafty is confirmed good. Interesting.

Also:

VOTE: Barrylocke

I don't trust him not to have a grudge against me from the first game >_>

This is mainly a joke, but yeah. What's the deal with first day voting, is consensus for or against these days?

I am in favor of a day 1 lynch. Not doing that will remove a large part of the stakes of today, which will make it easier for scum to hide. There need to be risk for them, or they can just sit back and stay in the shadows.

At least now that I'm confirmed to be an ally of JUSTICE, no one can attempt to undermine or cast suspicion on me.

miapearl-bench-profile(a).gif

Some idle thoughts before the proceedings begin:

1. It is likely but not certain that a miller or miller-type role is in play to balance out my status as a known factor
2. The early stages of a trial are when we have the least information, so be on the lookout for anyone who seems to know more than they're supposed to
3. Perhaps I should rent a locker at the courthouse to stash a larger set of clothing. I always feel one wrong movement away from a wardrobe malfunction while wearing Pearl's robes.

squidyj

I feel unconvinced about a miller at this point in time, besides the fact that it's an easy claim at some later point in the game.

As always, I think that pretty much all the major mafia games on this site have a win condition designed to be ambiguous as to whether or not neutrals exist. There probably is at least one neutral. But there could very well not be. Reading into the win condition isn't worth it.

As always, I think that pretty much all the major mafia games on this site have a win condition designed to be ambiguous as to whether or not neutrals exist. There probably is at least one neutral. But there could very well not be. Reading into the win condition isn't worth it.
Has there ever not been a neutral?

roytheone

At least now that I'm confirmed to be an ally of JUSTICE, no one can attempt to undermine or cast suspicion on me.

miapearl-bench-profile(a).gif

Some idle thoughts before the proceedings begin:

1. It is likely but not certain that a miller or miller-type role is in play to balance out my status as a known factor
2. The early stages of a trial are when we have the least information, so be on the lookout for anyone who seems to know more than they're supposed to
3. Perhaps I should rent a locker at the courthouse to stash a larger set of clothing. I always feel one wrong movement away from a wardrobe malfunction while wearing Pearl's robes.

Possible, but honestly I think you role was balanced by not making it a choice and out you immediately. A confirmed towny becomes more valuable as the game goes on, and by forcing you to come clean directly, you are pretty much guaranteed to become a scum target sooner than later,and you will probably not make it very far in the game, making your power a bit less powerful.

Although pressure votes on Xam are a bit wasted seeing as he's generally pretty active anyway.

So

Vote: Zubz

Don't think they've commented yet.

Any particular reason we've got two people voting for Xam so quickly?

I can say that Xam has.... interesting gameplay habits.

Like role claiming ordinary villager randomly at early points. Or being generally joke-posty.

He's not the worst choice for a D1 lynch.

Possible, but honestly I think you role was balanced by not making it a choice and out you immediately. A confirmed towny becomes more valuable as the game goes on, and by forcing you to come clean directly, you are pretty much guaranteed to become a scum target sooner than later,and you will probably not make it very far in the game, making your power a bit less powerful.

Gives night actions something to WIFOM about too.

Actually this is sort of stuff I wanted to talk about. But I feel that talking about this might lead to a premature bodyguard claim or a bodyguard (if one exists, and I think one might given that such a role fits the flavor) being found out based on their posts.

Top Bottom