• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ace Attorney [Mafia] |OT| Turnabout Scum

Had to take a call, didn't want to accidentally hammer without catching up. No issues with a vote on TG.

In mafia games, I always assumed mafia with other abilities get to perform those on top of the possibilty of carrying out the mafia kill.

So TG would send an action to sorian for watch/track and then an action for kill.

We should review Salva's PM. I'm pretty sure Princess has a stipulation where Mafia can only kill and do their night action if they're the only one left. So it can differ game by game.

squidyj

I can see a scenario where
Mafia TG carries out the hit, leaving his lonesome buddy. Makes sense, since the thought was that he wouldn't be blocked to allow TG to test his ability.

NK takes out CB.

From how I was reading things in the last day phase it seemed pretty likely that TG would get blocked though. Who would be on the scum team that would have been more worried about being blocked than TG?

Had to take a call, didn't want to accidentally hammer without catching up. No issues with a vote on TG.

We should review Salva's PM. I'm pretty sure Princess has a stipulation where Mafia can only kill and do their night action if they're the only one left. So it can differ game by game.

After Salva's power action is listed, it says "You may also" handle killing. So I think it's safe to assume scum could kill and do their action even if they arent the last member.

From how I was reading things in the last day phase it seemed pretty likely that TG would get blocked though. Who would be on the scum team that would have been more worried about being blocked than TG?

FEP was pushing heavy for TG to test his powers on me to prove he could use it.
---If zubz doesn't turn out to be mafia scum, that would reflect a bit back on FEP.

I assumed Star would block Zubz, if Zubz/TG were teammates, they probably assumed the same.

Also, when/if TG flips scum, keep in mind the thought/breadcrumbing the scum put into his roleclaim.

Kinda crazy when you think about it, I think that proves that mafia were given fake roles? Unless he just assumed missile wasn't a role. He started breadcrumbin the first day phase 2/14.

It seems he had the reveal so thought out and everything, but why would he mess up by mentioning he watched CB N3.

I'm confident in saying that Zubz is the other mafia scum after rereading this post from TG
I really can't shake the nagging feeling about Stanley, though-- if we compare Zubz and Stanley's reaction to being lynched, Zubz has much been more pro-town about it, telling us what to do in the event of his death. Stanley, on the other hand, although game for being lynched at first, seemed to become increasingly defensive towards Ezekel's posts, but hasn't done it convincingly.

So we may only need to get our NK.

Will have vote coloring within the hour.

Also, not voting TG atm because I don't want to hammer. But I stole TG's vote.

Gonna vote for myself to confirm the action went through.

Vote: EzekelRAGE

Zubz

Banned
I don't want the day to end already, but... Yeah. There's no reason for us to not kill TGD. If there wasn't still discussion to be made, I'd throw a vote at him now, but the day's only just begun.

Granted, we've already gotten discussion regarding TGD from Sketch & Matt, so I'm this close to dropping the hammer. I don't know what else I can add except for restating to Matt that I have no power, and knew nothing of his role until he revealed it.

The way I see it, there's not much to say about the Goddamn. There must be a cop, no one has countered Xam, and TG pulled red. Not much to learn about today's votes unless someone does something crazy. So do we talk about tomorrow today or tomorrow? Or am I missing something?

Looking at the colored voting, MA and Zubz look the most suspicious. Zubz for obvious reasons, MA because no one can confirm his power.

MA is Neutral Killer and Zubz is last of the remaining Mafia?

Me/Star/MA/Zubz are the only ones Xam havent checked. My power has been confirmed, Star's power has been confirmed.

MA has no confirmation of his power other than the theory that Soriam wouldn't give Salva permanent roleblocks w/o a way to stop them(other than Salva's death). Also only speculation as to why Roy never said anything about possibly being cured of his blackmail status.

If we get rid of Zubz/MA and the game isn't over, probably worth looking at the godfather angle.

Thoughts on possible godfather (Just incase Zubz/MA doesnt yield both scum flips.): Was thinking Squidyj, but if there is a godfather, I can lean towards it being FEP as well. FEP's insistence of TG tracking me was odd in hindsight. FEP theory only holds up if Zubz isn't Mafia. Fep theory only works if he could communicate with TG to know he would carry out the kill.

I'm cool with hammering it now.

8a14df2b80d6a2d8fc4182272f62d6e0.png

I thought Star would block Zubz tbh and with TG under suspicion the potential other scum would do the kill. With no way to know who the other would be, that seemed safest.

I'm cool following the lynch train through TG and Zubz but I think we need a good pause before MA and potential godfathers based on how things are looking. Goes without saying though, I hope.

Sorian

Banned
The girl stood at the witness stand. Beautiful, timid, innocent. Looks could be deceiving though but luckily, the ruse was seen through. She was found guilty. She was put to death. The End?

Well, no, to put it simply, some people in this world just refuse to stay dead. A different body stood at the witness stand today. But there was that same air, that same beauty, that same timidness, that same innocence. Once again, the ruse was seen through. Once again, she had lost in the court of law. Once again, she was mocked and embarrassed. Here spirit, shrieking with rage, flew from the body. A loser. That's all she ever was.

In the distance, from somewhere outside of the courthouse, there was a low and sad howl.

TheGoddamn has been removed from the game

Welcome TheGoddamn!

You are Dahlia Hawthorne, Cold-Hearted Bitch

Your role is the Mafia Tracker/Watcher

A shrewd and cold woman, you’ve always hated your father for taking you from your mother and since a young age, you’ve plotted revenge against him. At the age of 14, you put into motion a plan that would end up killing three innocents and sentencing you to death. Death does not always need to be the end though. With the Fey bloodline coursing through your veins, your spirit can still be easily summoned to this world.

You have the ability to watch or track a player each night (but not both). If you choose to watch a player, you will receive a list of all players that visited your target. If you choose to track a player, you will receive a list of any players your target visited. You can do either of these actions by PMing me the command WATCH: <playername> or TRACK: <playername>

You may also submit your factions kill by PMing me the command KILL: <playername>. You may perform both night action and the faction kill in the same night.

Your partners are:[REDACTED]. Your mafia chat room can be found somewhere in the infinite void of the afterlife.

You win when your team makes up at least 50% of the living player list, and there are no other active killing abilities remaining.

Vote spreadsheet is already looking good since there were so few votes.

Night 5 ends in:
red_1457902800.png

If for some reason that doesn't work for anyone, tell me privately and I'll increase it by a day. I want to stay on the same time slot.

Sorian

Banned
Not much was really different today. The judge sat at his bench, his beautiful head of hair. His flowing blond beard. His wonderful Canadian accent. Well, wait, I guess that is a little bit different from yesterday, isn't it?

StarSketch has been removed from the game.

Welcome StarSketch!

You are The Judge, Your Honor

Your role is the Town Jailor

A fair and impartial moderator, you try to follow along as best you can when the defense and prosecution are going back and forth with their evidence. Ultimately, the innocence or guilt of the defendant falls to you to decide but you do enjoy when the confetti rains down after a Not Guilty verdict. This is your courtroom and as such, you hold a certain amount of respect and sway amongst the others gathered here today.

During the night phase, you may PM me the command DETAIN: <playername>. This player will be jailed for the night and will be both roleblocked and protected from all killing actions. The player will not be alerted about what has occurred. You cannot jail yourself.

You win when all non-town players have been eliminated from the game and there is at least one town player still alive.

8 players remain. 5 votes are needed for majority.

Day 6 ends in:
blu_1458162000.png

squidyj

I agree, I feel like a zubz block was the most likely. Since we only wound up with one kill it seems probable that the block was successful. Either that or it's the first time SK and mafia killed the same target.

I want to assume Star jailed Zubz last night, but couldve also been Matt.

I also think it was Zubz, but I might be a little biased here. :p

For real though, I'm not your neutral killer and I'm not scum. All I ask is that you consider very carefully the implications of Salva's role without a reasonable balance: if my role does not exist and on the first night he had happened to blackmail both Bowlie and our neutral killer, lynching him would be the only way to remove those roleblocks. And the number of roleblocks would increase every night he used his ability and is not jailed.

My role leaves one person who, barring being jailed, cannot be roleblocked via this method (ignoring our ascetic.) Furthermore, it means that if town got unlucky/Salva played in a manner that made lynching him low priority compared to others, there would still be a chance to get out other roles back into play. While I understand that you can't have any guarantee until I flip, I think it is really important to consider the implications of what the game would be like without my role.

I would also like to say that I feel like my play record against our confirmed scum is pretty decent. I was quickly on QB's ass on D1. I went after TWE at a level of detail nobody else did, before he was a lock for the lynch (also keep in mind that he TWE made a serious attempt to pain me as a scum target, piggybacking off of Crimson's suspicions against me) and I did not hesitate to go after TGD yesterday (maybe it was a safe choice due to Xam's red check, but still.) I know good scum should not be afraid to bus, so my play can't completely clear me, but I think that in combination with the extreme likelyhood of my role, it should help make a decent case for me.

Thinking, possible that there is a godfather role. If we assume that the NK was taking out a possible threat he didn't choose xam who could get a red check on him, but someone who could stop his kills. They were/are willing to take the risk of letting Xam live because they were confident xam wouldn't check them or xam is no threat to them.

Alternatively, it could be a situation where they figured they could kill xam before he could reveal his results.

I hope Xam didn't check Zubz, since it was obvious he was on teh chopping block today.

Yo RedFalco and Scrafty, we ain't going turbo for a bit, so take your time and make your posts the way you like em. Sorry for leaving you in the dust yesterday.

I did check Zubz
He was green
And I trusted Star after I broke her earlier

I assume the probably part has to do with godfather.

Bigger post in 5 1/2 hours when I get off work
k
============================

So me and MA only ones not cleared by Xam. It's impossible for both of us to be red since I know I'm town. So that only leaves the fact that there has to be a godfather role in play.

If that is true, then it is possible Zubz could be our godfather and Star blocked him.
Both scums targeted the same ppl for possibly the first time in the game. I say possibly because we don't know if Bowlie used his power.
Star blocked someone else and they were the NK or scum. (If this is the case, my vote counting double proves she didn't block me. Although that doesn't guarantee I didn't kill her if she blocked someone else)

Unvote

I stole Matt's vote btw. If we don't get scum today, looks like we go back to two kills a night. 5 ppl next day phase, 3 ppl only needed to hammer?, 2 guranteed scum.

Confirmed or near confirmed town:
Scrafty
Xam

Xam clears:
RedFalco
Squidyj
Feps
Zubz

Other:
Rage
Matt Attack

If there is a neutral killer, my first thought is that it would not be a godfather. On the other hand, Salva's client mentioned in his role PM easily could be. If there is one in the game, the odds are that Xam has checked them by this point. Also, the scum team know who they are.

The last two nights we have had one kill and have flipped no one that explains the second kills earlier in the game. Star could have done really well with protection/blocking or the kills could just be finished.

So I think an important question for today is: how many non-town do we think are left?

If more than one, Rage and MA should be our next targets. I would be very surprised if there are two godfathers.

If just one, we have six potential targets. 4 of whom are claimed vanilla, one is a proven power role and unlikely gifted with an additional killing power, and the last is a claimed power role that, to me, makes decent sense considering the power of Salva's role but can only be proven with a flip.

So, one or two scum left? 3 flipped. 21 person game.

squidyj

Thinking, possible that there is a godfather role. If we assume that the NK was taking out a possible threat he didn't choose xam who could get a red check on him, but someone who could stop his kills. They were/are willing to take the risk of letting Xam live because they were confident xam wouldn't check them or xam is no threat to them.

Alternatively, it could be a situation where they figured they could kill xam before he could reveal his results.

I hope Xam didn't check Zubz, since it was obvious he was on teh chopping block today.

honestly if starsketch lives to report her block how is that not as bad or worse than xam? I'm not convinced there's anything to be gleaned from the choice today.

squidyj

With what Xam said, I sorta agree since it is guaranteed there is a godfather.

even if there isn't a godfather why wouldn't mafia/sk be at least as scared of starsketch as they are of xam?

if they get targeted by sketch they lose a kill and will get lynched
if they get targeted by xam they will get lynched.

Things moved so fast yesterday that I wasn't able to get a word in edgewise before you all had made the final decision.

That being said, we should definitely lynch squidy today. I'll explain in more detail once I'm able to gather my thoughts (just wanted to get my foot in the door in case things escalate as quickly as last time).

even if there isn't a godfather why wouldn't mafia/sk be at least as scared of starsketch as they are of xam?

if they get targeted by sketch they lose a kill and will get lynched
if they get targeted by xam they will get lynched.

I agree that either mafia/sk would be just afraid of star as xam. A godfather would be more afraid of Star.

What are we arguing exactly?

Also, since I dont want to lay this at town's feet trying to hammer a vote and leaving a message. Might as well get this out of the way now so there won't be any confusion about a possible role blocker remaining (incase I die). I am not going to use my power for the remainder of the game. Yes I lied about being forced to use it every night. Why lie? Honestly so I wouldn't have to give an excuse as to why I used my power and the power sort of gave me a safety net in case I am on the chopping block in a close vote. As the days went by, I could sort of see it as a way buying time from scum, since there were under the impression I had to choose a target and chances were high I wouldn't hit town.

Why am I not using the power? It's too risky at this point. Especially if we don't get scum today, it would leave us with a severe disadvantage. Chances are I would steal a town's vote unless my theory about FEP is correct. I don't want to risk dying at night and removing 2 votes from town instead of one. That would pretty much guarantees a town dies in the following day's lynch or cause a tie.

Also, first game with an active power so wanted to get the full use of it. So I wanted to ride it til the wheels fell off.
Kanye-Shrug-300x286.jpg

Of everyone left worth considering:

Squidy:
has never voted for scum. Not as a prod, not in accusation, obviously not for a lynch. TG voted for him Day 4, only time scum has been on him. Spent two days voting for me, although his vote didn't count the first day.

0 confirmed scum kills (been in final vote tally of successful lynch), 1 confirmed town kill.
Suspicious.

MattAttack: Built a case against TWE Day 2. Vote 4. Voted TG day 4 and 5, although Day 4 was literally at the last second when there was no chance he would be lynched, jumping off of Zubz. TWE voted him briefly day 2 but he was throwing his vote everywhere.

2 confirmed scum kills, 0 confirmed town kills.
Neutral to suspicious, but good kill record.

Zubz: Vote 8 on TWE. Useless day 3 vote on RedFalco, who was already cleared by Xam though Xam was not yet confirmed.

1 scum kill, 1 town kill.
Neutral.

RedFalco: Did not vote day 1 or 5. Voted Drago day 2, vote 2, Salva 3. Voted on by Drago briefly day 2.

1 scum kill, 0 town.
Neutral.

Flatearthpandas:
Voted Kalor day 1, end of train. No vote day 2, replaced for inactivity. Salva day 3. Helped lead ML day 4. Built first case against TG day 4 and first vote before moving to Stanley. TG vote 5. Voted on briefly by Drago and TWE day 2. Feps, CB, and TWE are the only players with multiple confirmed scum votes in a single day the whole game. All day 2.

2 scum kills, 2 town.
Neutral.

Final votes against living players:
Zubz vote on Ezekiel Day 1, RedFalco Day 2
Squidy vote on Feps Day 2 and 3. Zubz Day 4.
RedFalco on MattAttack Day 4.

I think Zeke abstaining from his power is a good idea. Care to go into detail your theory about me? I remember you mentioning it before.

Theory was you are mafia godfather and you pushed hard for TG to test his powers on me so you could buy time and give him an opportunity to get a kill in, instead of you.

Also, if MA is to be believed, then there are two godfather roles in play?

How do you figure? If you and MA are both to be believed, I'd say we only have one scum left to catch. Would explain why MA was put in charge of the kill yesterday when he was a point of attention... no choice. Now with him lynched, there's only one kill in the game. If we believe both you and MA.

Theory was you are mafia godfather and you pushed hard for TG to test his powers on me so you could buy time and give him an opportunity to get a kill in, instead of you.

This follows on my last post, but scum knowing TG was indeed a scum tracker/watcher and no reason to believe town has a tracker, why would a godfather with a green check be afraid of doing the kill? I would have wanted to do the kill myself if I was a scum godfather. I have been sparing with my votes and he was my first day 4. I built the first case on him. Why would I try and bus him and then immediately try and protect him?

How do you figure? If you and MA are both to be believed, I'd say we only have one scum left to catch. Would explain why MA was put in charge of the kill yesterday when he was a point of attention... no choice. Now with him lynched, there's only one kill in the game. If we believe both you and MA.

I assumed there were 4 mafia and 1 neutral Killer. I assume you meant that is why TG was put in charge of the kill?

I assume star stopped a kill last night.

I assumed there were 4 mafia and 1 neutral Killer. I assume you meant that is why TG was put in charge of the kill?

I assume star stopped a kill last night.

Seems strange to carry that assumption into there being two godfathers. If there are two scum left, it's much more likely one of them is you or Matt imo. Still more plausible than two godfathers is that there is only one scum left. It's possible Star stopped a kill last night. I think there is a decent chance she didn't though.

Zubz

Banned
Hoo boy, am I glad I didn't get turbo'd.

I agree that our last Injust player is a Godfather, if only because:

A.) There're too many "cleared players." If the remaining Injust players are Matt and/or Zeke, then kudos to you. However, with 6/8 players being cleared/basically being cleared, one can't help but think that an innocent player's among them. Scrafty and Xam are most certainly not the Godfather, and even if I'm the only one who can verify it, I've already come out as Vanilla. And, to a lesser extent, we know Zeke has the power he's stated he has, even if we're just assuming on the alignment (I'm trusting he's Just, though, even if he hammer dropped yesterday and wanted to avoid discussing anything about me before killing me today).

B.) As FEP pointed out, Squidy's yet to vote on an Injust player at all. Plus, Scrafty has a reason to distrust him, as well. He's definitely taken a less active role compared to Archer game, as well, but I'm in the same boat so I'm not really one to speak there. Either way, out of all the remaining players, Squidy's definitely the weirdest to me for his perfect record of not targeting Injust players. I'm sticking with my guns from a couple of days ago and am leaning towards Squidy being a Godfather.

Things moved so fast yesterday that I wasn't able to get a word in edgewise before you all had made the final decision.

That being said, we should definitely lynch squidy today. I'll explain in more detail once I'm able to gather my thoughts (just wanted to get my foot in the door in case things escalate as quickly as last time).
Scrafty I LITERALLY made a post about you being able to take your time this day phase

Top Bottom