• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT14| i give up like your pubs do

RT:

it doesn't even have to do with hate

You got 1-2 host jobs, a handful of panelist positions, and some casters for the english on stage presence--is nahaz a top 3 caster/host/panelist? I don't think so at all. Sure, they could have hired him as a behind the scenes stat man, but there are also 5-6 other guys that do that in the scene and they probably opted for one of those other guys.

Hate nahaz, love nahaz, indifferent towards nahaz you gotta ask--Is he really one of the best dota hosts/analysts to deserve one of those coveted TI spots? I really don't think so (I guess some might disagree).

Reddit gets outraged every single time a known personality tweets about how they weren't hired as if Valve is running a catering company or something and owes every single dota personality a job. They only need so many people to be front and center at TI; it's just a reality that some people are going to be left out and not make the cut.

we won when literal icon KACI was announced as the face of a movement, when will nahaz???

people in the know are demanding KACI and soe and winter

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I like Kaci because she's a beacon of normalcy in an ocean of nerds.

I'm glad Nahaz isn't going to be there to talk over everyone but you just know they'll hire someone awful like Charlie instead

I'm pretty neutral on Nahaz but as long as they put on higher quality personalities on the panel's it's no big deal.

If we see more black or fogged on the panel as a result them it's fine. They're at least excited about the game and can provide some extra insight.

Charlie was hot garbage as an analyst and I hope they don't replace one mediocre analyst for another.

Twookie

if anyone wants to see a good documentary, watch cartel land on netflix

very interesting imo

also i wish valve didn't show who was leading on the arcana vote until after that vote was over
my votes feels useless

52club

What's a good median rent for a urban-ish area that's not in NY or CA

Size and location (even more so) matters for a question like this. I would say for a 1bedroom/1bath $1500-2000 in most urban areas.

Got the last of the sets tonight, can't imagine trying to 3 star any of the paths.

Quesa

Size and location (even more so) matters for a question like this. I would say for a 1bedroom/1bath $1500-2000 in most urban areas.

Got the last of the sets tonight, can't imagine trying to 3 star any of the paths.

Yeah I was thinking a 1BR/B. Thanks!

Artanisix

T3FQgfj.jpg

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
43 votes on Tinker.

A friend of mine is not happy about IO winning.

The fact that you can pick more than 1 of each character is the only reason it will never be viable

If they restrict comp teams to 1 of each ala Dota it has a chance

Maybe once Overwatch has a few more heroes it'd be nice to see a drafting mode that the pros play like Dota. As of right now it seems like there aren't just aren't enough alternatives, e.g. wouldn't everyone first pick Mercy etc.

In other news this Kawaii Five-O Team Banner is kinda genius. (Warning: anime ahead)

shira

I think the bigger question is what would be the most advantageous position for Nahaz.
If he does analyst desk he has to do shift work everyday for $5-7k or whatever Valve pays.

If he was to do stats for a big team -say EG/Secret/CoL and run point for ESPN's coverage he could make double the paycheque for half the work.

The trend in 2016 that I'm seeing is that people in the scene are realizing that there is more money to be made helping teams than helping viewers.
I can't help but think that a team that is serious about TI would want to pick up Blitz or Winter.

Red UFO

As a veteran Pokemaniac since the days of Red and Blue I am offended by the amount of bandwagoning casuals jumping into the Pokemon world! I've been in this ish for years, where ya'll been at and now ya'll here all of a sudden XD death to all Poke Casuals hahah XD

shira

http://store.steampowered.com/news/22824/ said:
6.88b:
--

* Timbersaw strength gain reduced from 2.1 to 1.8
* Death Prophet base strength reduced by 1
* Spirit Siphon base health drain reduced from 16 to 14
* Metamorphosis manacost increased from 50 to 100
* Metamorphosis no longer lingers after reincarnation/death
* Time Dilation manacost increased from 50 to 75
* Astral Spirit vision reduced from 450 to 400
* Beastmaster Boar XP bounty increased from 59 to 60/70/80/90
* Riki's Blink Strike damage reduced from 60/80/100/120 to 55/70/85/100
* Lane Creeps now give 20% of XP when denied by neutrals rather than 0% (normal player denies give 50% XP)
* Astral Imprisonment damage increased from 75/150/225/300 to 100/175/250/325
* Arcane Orb intelligence duration increased from 60 to 80
* Bloodlust manacost reduced from 75 to 50
* Meepo agility growth increased from 1.9 to 2.2
* Stone Form cooldown reduced from 26 to 20
* Arcane Curse damage increased from 14/21/28/35 to 14/22/30/38
* Brewmaster Boulder damage increased from 50 to 50/100/150
* Brewmaster Dispel Magic damage to illusions and summoned units increased from 500 to 850
* Press the Attack's attack speed bonus increased from 60/80/100/120 to 65/90/115/140
* Sniper turn rate improved from 0.6 to 0.7
* Sniper night vision increased from 1000 to 1100
* Warlock Golems HP increased from 900/1350/1800 to 1000/1500/2000
* Thirst bonus rescaled from 10/20/30/40% to 16/24/32/40%
* Lightning Bolt ministun increased from 0.1 to 0.2
* Stampede slow duration increased from 1.5 to 1.8
* Shadow Fiend movement speed increased from 310 to 315
* Living Armor cooldown reduced from 32/26/20/14 to 30/24/18/12
* Dismember strength based damage increased from 30/40/50 to 30/45/60%
* Sand Storm cooldown reduced from 40/30/20/10 to 34/26/18/10
* Epicenter manacost reduced from 175/250/325 to 150/225/300
* Empower cleave AoE increased from 225 to 240