• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kevin Pereira is teasing a Nintendo NX announcement at the GameStop Expo on Wednesday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pittree

This is getting too weird. The idea of getting NX news from a gamestop meeting from all things is so ridiculous... So much, that it could end up being true knowing Nintendo.

It won't be the NX I am calling it

Agreed.
When the NX is going to be revealed. We will know 100% for sure. Nintendo will make a big deal about it with a direct OR with some kind of their own conference.

It won't be some stealth announcement about the NX unless Nintendo wants to kill their system before it launches.

Kouriozan

Surprise reveal event that will impact a very low percent of people, good idea there.
/sarcasm in case it wasn't obvious

wildfire

Banned
Looking at the tweet I'm not even blaming Pereira or Gamestop for the way this thread blown up. Thus is all on the OP making clickbait. It's cool how over the years Nintendo has developed a much closer relationship with Gamestop since the Xenoblade exclusivity. I'm assuming they are collaborating to promote smartphone games because Gamestop execs told investors they were going to diversify their sales into downloadable items like apps for phones.

It would be smart to announce the NX before the ps4 pro releases. Only really hardcore types will get a ps4 pro, but they're the same people that would turn their head if nintendo announced something worth owning this time.

My ps4 pro money could easily be swayed by good nintendo shit.

Richie

Ye fellas are really taking NeoGaf's Believe seriously, ain'tcha...

I don't think we should expect anything. That said, it wouldn't be crazy to have a reveal date for the NX announced tomorrow, since, presumably, pre-orders for the thing will go up as soon as its respective Event/Direct is over, so GameStop would have to know said reveal date beforehand.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
It doesnt make sense to tease something for wednesday and posting pictures of something as it is happening now..

TunaLover

Rumor:this is amiibo restock related, I think it was confirmed by Nintendo:
- Samus
- Sonic
- Dark Pit
- Mega Man
- Gold Mario
- Robin

It doesnt make sense to tease something for wednesday and posting pictures of something as it is happening now..

Whatever he's teasing will likely be tomorrow at 8am PDT, not Wednesday as the OP says for some reason. Nintendo has a conference at that time tomorrow for the GameStop GME (managers' expo).

Whatever he's teasing will likely be tomorrow at 8am PDT, not Wednesday as the OP says for some reason. Nintendo has a conference at that time tomorrow for the GameStop GME (managers' expo).

What he is teasing is his breakout sessions with the GameStop managers, not Nintendo's 8am General Session.

AAMARMO

Banned
In other news twitter user @NWPlayer123 has gotten the NX SDK apparently.
BsGzODd.png

ChF0LJw.png

EVm0f4t.png

https://twitter.com/NWPlayer123

Mega

Banned
Why is it that every time a NX thread is locked after long having gone off-track with wild speculation... a new NX speculation thread pops up almost immediately?

Galava

Rumor:this is amiibo restock related, I think it was confirmed by Nintendo:
- Samus
- Sonic
- Dark Pit
- Mega Man
- Gold Mario
- Robin

If you are announcing an amino restock you just do it through social media. Making an event with panels, lights, screens, presenter... is just worthless. I don't think it's NX, but it's not just amiibo.

Nintendo knows we want NX news. Look at how GAF responds to non-NX-related stuff like this.
The problem is that Nintendo doesn't care how badly we want the news. 😒 I'm guessing this is amiibo-related, as well.

Literally the only thing I could see happening is that Nintendo reveals the reveal date of the NX tomorrow. They could announce a Digital Event or something like that. But no way in hell are they going to reveal the actual console tomorrow.

What he is teasing is his breakout sessions with the GameStop managers, not Nintendo's 8am General Session.

Do his breakout sessions take place in a conference room like that in the snapchat image in the OP? That led me to believe it was the general session, rather than part of the public expo. I could easily be wrong.

TunaLover

If you are announcing an amino restock you just do it through social media. Making an event with panels, lights, screens, presenter... is just worthless. I don't think it's NX, but it's not just amiibo.
Maybe they will be GameStop exclusive, even making amiibo+game bundle, or new bundle announcement.

Mega

Banned

It's that important to Nintendo for all of us to get our lysine and phenylalanine.

Do his breakout sessions take place in a conference room like that in the snapchat image in the OP? That led me to believe it was the general session, rather than part of the public expo. I could easily be wrong.

They take place in that room. I've been in it myself.

The General Session is WAAAAAAY bigger than that room. There are 5,000 people there for this.

This is getting too weird. The idea of getting NX news from a gamestop meeting from all things is so ridiculous... So much, that it could end up being true knowing Nintendo.

....and yet Gamestop gets exclusive releases from Nintendo all of the time. Take for example Xenoblade Chronicles for Wii. The only place you could buy the game was either Nintendo.com or Gamestop. That shows a level of trust and collaboration that would make sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom