• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kevin Pereira Leaving Attack of The Show

.hacked

last night was his last AotS, pretty good for a last show sorry that Adam didn't get the same treatment.

RPGCrazied

last night was his last AotS, pretty good for a last show sorry that Adam didn't get the same treatment.

He didn't get as much as a fart in his direction. That just means to me he quit and told G4 to fuck off. :p

I'm going to guess Blair is going to take over Kevin's place.

Izick

I'm watching this last show and I have to say they did give him a good send-off. I know it's not cool to like AotS because it was after Screensavers, but it really was an awesome show for quite some time. I hadn't watched it in the past years, until I heard Kevin was leaving, and it's definitely a shadow of its former self, but they did a good job with the send-off.

I think I missed what Kevin said he's going to do next. Does anybody know?

zroid

Banned
He didn't get as much as a fart in his direction. That just means to me he quit and told G4 to fuck off. :p

Isn't he already doing X-Play? Who took over for Adam?

I think I missed what Kevin said he's going to do next. Does anybody know?

He's starting a "production company" called http://supercreative.tv/ He wrote a blog post about it a few weeks ago.

What do they have left, like a month before the network turns into the E! affiliate? They won't bother "officially" replacing either Kevin or Adam - Blair will continue his work on X-Play and Kevin's spot will probably be filled by a rotating group of male co-hosts, like what they did when they were looking for a Munn replacement.

Izick

Isn't he already doing X-Play? Who took over for Adam?

He's starting a "production company" called http://supercreative.tv/ He wrote a blog post about it a few weeks ago.

Hm, cool. I wonder why everyone is leaving so close? I'm guessing Adam and Kevin can see that G4 can't really feasibly last all that much longer. I mean, how long can a fucking COPS network stay on the air? Kevin and Adam were great personalities. I always liked both of them because they seemed to know their shit, and they weren't afraid to look dumb for laughs. No matter how shitty the network got, it seemed like they held up the last two good shows on the network.

Oh, and those last two shots/scenes of the show were amazing. Adam really deserved something similarly. He did so much; I think people forget how awesome X-Play was earlier on. I loved that show, because I didn't use the internet much till the mid 2000's, so it really was great to see stuff that was out of my wheelhouse, and get some other opinions about the games.

Either way, good way to go out, Kevin. Hopefully if they try and make G4 legit again, then he could comeback someday.

What do they have left, like a month before the network turns into the E! affiliate? They won't bother "officially" replacing either Kevin or Adam - Blair will continue his work on X-Play and Kevin's spot will probably be filled by a rotating group of male co-hosts, like what they did when they were looking for a Munn replacement.

What is this?

abrack08

I didn't know Adam or KP left. Xplay and Screensavers/Attack of the Show were pretty big shows for me from like 12 to 16, this is sad. What is Adam doing now? His Wiki page just says he left Xplay/G4, not where he was going. Hopefully he had some plan/alternative, right?

http://www.g4tv.com/videos/58758/kevin-pereiras-last-walk-through-attack-of-the-show/

iJtVPcXhBtWKq.gif

zroid

Banned
Hm, cool. I wonder why everyone is leaving so close? I'm guessing Adam and Kevin can see that G4 can't really feasibly last all that much longer. I mean, how long can a fucking COPS network stay on the air? Kevin and Adam were great personalities. I always liked both of them because they seemed to know their shit, and they weren't afraid to look dumb for laughs. No matter how shitty the network got, it seemed like they held up the last two good shows on the network.

Yeah, I agree. Although, I do think X-Play and AOTS have gone steadily downhill, and at this point I honestly have quite a bit of disdain for them both, despite really liking them several years ago. Nevertheless, Adam and Kevin never stopped being smart, well-informed, and passionate dudes, and I think that shined through the shit of G4.[/QUOTE]

BD1

Banned
I actually caught an interview he was conducting on AOTS with a woman whose name escapes me right now, and she had just started with YouTube producing content for them. I obviously don't remember much, but I do remember how envious he looked of the whole thing. Like he couldn't believe he was hosting AOTS, while these types of opportunities were out there.

And I still stand by my statement Vince McMahon buys the network.

Izick

Yeah, I agree. Although, I do think X-Play and AOTS have gone steadily downhill, and at this point I honestly have quite a bit of disdain for them both, despite really liking them several years ago. Nevertheless, Adam and Kevin never stopped being smart, well-informed, and passionate dudes, and I think that shined through the shit of G4.

Yeah, it's really a shame that G4 went the way it did. It was such a novel idea, and I'm curious if it was profitable or not. I mean, a lot of its shows were dumb, by today's standards, but back in the early 2000's, they were pretty cool, at least to me.

Cheaters was usually just a cool look into other games, and learning weird stuff about them. Arena was basically the predecessor to all the Justin.tv stuff that has blow up, kind of, showing off team based gaming that was usually pretty fun to watch. X-Play always was interesting, Adam and Morgan had this weird chemistry that seemed to work very well. Attack of the Show was that daily show that had enough different stuff in it to warrant a watch, since Kevin and the co-hosts were usually interesting. Icons was a hidden gem, in my mind, because it basically gave a brief view into gaming's biggest stars, whether people, franchises, or systems.

It was overall a pretty cool network, and it's a shame that it has basically become the COPS network. I'm guessing that it's not long now before it collapses in on itself and goes off the air all together, maybe X-Play will become a daily show on another network or something, but nothing else of value will be lost. (Also, I'm not saying X-Play is good today, just that it's probably still a ratings magnet.)

I actually caught an interview he was conducting on AOTS with a woman whose name escapes me right now, and she had just started with YouTube producing content for them. I obviously don't remember much, but I do remember how envious he looked of the whole thing. Like he couldn't believe he was hosting AOTS, while these types of opportunities were out there.

And I still stand by my statement Vince McMahon buys the network.

I'm down for this if CM Punk hosts.

Top Bottom